Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 242 Old 06-21-2012, 04:54 PM
GEP
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
In all honesty I do not know enough about your AVR to make intelligent comment.

To me, if the adatper is between the Monitor output of the AVR and the TV HDMI input, it makes no sense that the adapter has any affect to the audio coming into the AVR from a source device. It would make a tiny amount of sense if the adatper was between the source device and the AVR, not when the adatper was between the AVR and the TV.

I tried to download your AVR owner's guide, but you need to register on the Onkyo web site for that and I am not going to do that since I don't have Onkyo products.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 242 Old 06-21-2012, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
GEP, I agree that it makes no sense, but the adapter is definitely between the AVR monitor output and the TV HDMI input. And, hand to God, when the adapter is on, the receiver thinks it's supposed to get an analog input and the second I turn it off, it recognizes the digital input. I've been through the manual looking for clues, but can find none. It's attached if you're willing to take a look at it.

tx-sr608_manual_e.pdf 2575k .pdf file

UPDATE: The more I think about it, the more I think it must be some kind of conflict between the PS3 and the adapter talking to each other through the AVR, because (so long as I power it up first), the audio from the Boxee Box carries through HDMI just fine whether the adapter is on or off. Just for grins, I tried putting the adapter between the PS3 and the AVR. The audio came through just fine, but the TV gave me "Not Supported Mode" instead of a picture. When I tried to run the PS3 display setup in this configuration, the adapter gave me a "TV Not Compatible With 3D Adapter" message... so it looks like there's something in the Onkyo that's preventing the PS3 and the adapter from speaking the same language. Seems to me the answer is the one I had resigned myself to, anyway... getting and HDMI switch and running the PS3 directly into the adapter (with sound returning to the receiver through TOSLINK out of the TV) for 3D content, and through the AVR for everything else.
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page