The Official Vizio 65" Passive XVT3D650SV Owner's Thread - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 354 Old 02-27-2012, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No 2D->3D, but I've owned this TV for over a year and 1) I love it and 2) 3D is a once every three months type of thing. Unless you're a 3d-o-phile, you won't watch a lot of content in 3D. It's great for the first few weeks, good for animated movies, SciFi, and nature, but for most viewing, I'm just enjoying the 65 glorious inches of 2D. Glare is the most common deal breaker out there for sure.

I'm pretty sure the LG's have 2D->3D if it's a must-have feature for you, and they also use passive tech.

2 cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 354 Old 02-27-2012, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post

No 2D->3D, but I've owned this TV for over a year and 1) I love it and 2) 3D is a once every three months type of thing. Unless you're a 3d-o-phile, you won't watch a lot of content in 3D. It's great for the first few weeks, good for animated movies, SciFi, and nature, but for most viewing, I'm just enjoying the 65 glorious inches of 2D. Glare is the most common deal breaker out there for sure.

I'm pretty sure the LG's have 2D->3D if it's a must-have feature for you, and they also use passive tech.

2 cents.

i was just wondering if anybody has seen both of these two tvs can comment on which has the best picture. Thanks for any reply.
post #303 of 354 Old 02-28-2012, 01:38 PM

I just bought a Panasonic 3D Bluray player that will do a 2d -> 3D conversion on DVDs. It was pretty cheap and has a mail-in rebate for a free Avatar 3D Bluray (people are trying to get over $70 for the dvd alone on ebay)

Looks like I'm keeping it.

Bill
post #304 of 354 Old 02-28-2012, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by billd25 View Post

I just bought a Panasonic 3D Bluray player that will do a 2d -> 3D conversion on DVDs. It was pretty cheap and has a mail-in rebate for a free Avatar 3D Bluray (people are trying to get over $70 for the dvd alone on ebay)

Bill

A good price? Link?
post #305 of 354 Old 02-28-2012, 03:18 PM

Liked: 11
Yes link please. And are you sure the Avatar offer isnt expired?
post #306 of 354 Old 02-29-2012, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Bill

i had a panny 3D bluray w/wireless. When doing 2D to 3D, it crashed sometimes, or caused the vizio TV to crash.
post #307 of 354 Old 03-01-2012, 04:01 PM

I have that Panasonic too, it's ok but the image seems washed out when using it, blacks are not very deep at all. I end up using the PS3 again which gives a better picture.

My Theater Gallery
Xbox Live gamertag: Ikari Warrior
Playstation Network ID: IkariWarrior
post #308 of 354 Old 03-01-2012, 08:10 PM

I just posted in this thread to show another deadly sin, envy. I am envious of the owners of this set. That is all, go back to enjoying your set while I have to stare at this tiny 47 inch set.
post #309 of 354 Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:

A good price? Link?

I bought it for $110 at Best Buy (MPB-DT110, now back to $150). It's the wired connection, no wifi.

To get the free Avatar 3D bluray you had to purchase by Feb 29th, so it is over now.

Bill
post #310 of 354 Old 03-06-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikari Warrior View Post

I have that Panasonic too, it's ok but the image seems washed out when using it, blacks are not very deep at all. I end up using the PS3 again which gives a better picture.

I tried watching Tangled in 3D on my PS3, but it wasn't working very well, there was a line across the screen and alot of jumping around. When I played it in the Panasonic it was perfect. I was using the exact same HDMI cables.

Bill
post #311 of 354 Old 03-06-2012, 11:48 AM

Hi folks,

Just a note to let you all know that my Vizio VHT 510 and Vizio 65 inch BEAST are performing still in all ways ... awesome! Plus now it looks as if DishTV is going to offer us Dish subscribers the ability to view 3D content through a Dish DVR. All that remains to be seen ... is cost?

WWW.dish.com/Hopper

Explore the page tabs at top!
post #312 of 354 Old 03-07-2012, 07:56 AM

I am having a problem with my picture. Anything that is dark and in the background is very grainy. I have changed every setting and can't get it to be clear.

I haven't noticed anything like this on my previous tv, a Panasonic 50 inch LCD projection.

This is HD Cable with a high-speed HDMI cable.

Any ideas??

Bill
post #313 of 354 Old 03-07-2012, 02:45 PM

I get the same thing on my M3d650...a lack of shadow detail that's made worse with smearing during motion. I haven't found a way to get rid of the issue.

My Theater Gallery
Xbox Live gamertag: Ikari Warrior
Playstation Network ID: IkariWarrior
post #314 of 354 Old 03-07-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:

I bought it for $110 at Best Buy (MPB-DT110, now back to $150). It's the wired connection, no wifi.

To get the free Avatar 3D bluray you had to purchase by Feb 29th, so it is over now.

Bill

Ding dang darn. I was gonna go buy one just to get the Avatar.
post #315 of 354 Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 PM
AVS Special Member

I got email from vizio promoting their camera for their skype app. Why would they email me telling me I could have that feature when I can't even get my TV to have its firmware updated so it could have that feature.
post #316 of 354 Old 03-17-2012, 09:34 PM

I've had this TV since September, and have been very happy, until tonight. I bought the 3d Bluray "Immortals". There was light seepage coming in from the 4 corners during multiple scenes, especially when dark.

Is this because of the edge lit? I've never noticed until this movie?

Edit: I watched a variety of programming yesterday, including some dark scenes. I can't recreate the light seepage. Has anyone else watched the 3d "Immortals"? I'm thinking it's the movie itself.
post #317 of 354 Old 03-18-2012, 10:44 PM

Type 3D in Youtube search lots of 3d samples.
post #318 of 354 Old 03-19-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Spicolli View Post

Type 3D in Youtube search lots of 3d samples.

Thanks I think I've got this 3D stuff all figured out. I'm a low tech old guy. I just fijished watching Puss N' Boots 3D & TinTin 3D ... so awesome. This 65 incher paired with the Vizio VHT 510 sound bar, wireless sub and satellites it's really hard to tell much diff from the theater! I'm loving it.

Mr. OconRecon if your around I need to ask how you mounted your wall mount attachement arms to the back of this beast? Did you have to shim in-between the mounting arms and the TV back where it is scalloped ? If so what did you shim with? Washers? Confirming you used the six holes used to mount the desk stand?

I've got all my wires in the wall and the wall mount lagged to the studs. I wanted to check with you since I though you told us you had wall mounted your "Beast" aka Black Beauty. Thanks in advance.
post #319 of 354 Old 03-20-2012, 03:00 PM

Mr. OconRecon if your around I need to ask how you mounted your wall mount attachement arms to the back of this beast? Did you have to shim in-between the mounting arms and the TV back where it is scalloped ? If so what did you shim with? Washers? Confirming you used the six holes used to mount the desk stand?

Anybody else out there wall mount their Vizio 65 incher?
post #320 of 354 Old 03-22-2012, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeH292 View Post

I've had this TV since September, and have been very happy, until tonight. I bought the 3d Bluray "Immortals". There was light seepage coming in from the 4 corners during multiple scenes, especially when dark.

Is this because of the edge lit? I've never noticed until this movie?

Edit: I watched a variety of programming yesterday, including some dark scenes. I can't recreate the light seepage. Has anyone else watched the 3d "Immortals"? I'm thinking it's the movie itself.

This TV's edge lit smart dimming only works in 2D mode, where in dark areas of a scene, the LED would get dimmer to make that scene look darker. But in 3D mode, all the LEDs are equally lit, thus on dark scenes near the edge of the screen, you would see the LEDs light that area up with all the light leaks from the LED source on the edge of the screen.
post #321 of 354 Old 03-30-2012, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharGriller View Post

...Mr. OconRecon if your around I need to ask how you mounted your wall mount attachement arms to the back of this beast? Did you have to shim in-between the mounting arms and the TV back where it is scalloped ? If so what did you shim with? Washers? Confirming you used the six holes used to mount the desk stand?

I've got all my wires in the wall and the wall mount lagged to the studs. I wanted to check with you since I though you told us you had wall mounted your "Beast" aka Black Beauty. Thanks in advance.

Hey CharGriller, I'm not sure what you're asking. I did it over a year ago, but recall buying a bracket from Monoprice.com with a 15° mounting angle, screwing arms to the back of this TV with the screws that came with the mounting bracket, lagging the plate to the wall, then calling my brother-in-law and we heaved it up there.

No need to use the holes where the stand attaches. There are additional holes for wall mounting right on the back. No shims, no washers used.

Am I answering your question? Will try to help.
post #322 of 354 Old 03-31-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:

Hey CharGriller, I'm not sure what you're asking. I did it over a year ago, but recall buying a bracket from Monoprice.com with a 15° mounting angle, screwing arms to the back of this TV with the screws that came with the mounting bracket, lagging the plate to the wall, then calling my brother-in-law and we heaved it up there.

No need to use the holes where the stand attaches. There are additional holes for wall mounting right on the back. No shims, no washers used.

Am I answering your question? Will try to help.

Thanks for the response! I'm such a dodo. I only looked at the owner's manual for wall mounting this beast. By doing so I mistakenly assumed that the holes for the stand mount were the same ones to be used for the wall mount. My unit sat too close to the wall for me to notice the actual four wall mounting holes that are provided on the rear of the unit. I posted the inquiry before removing my unit and laying it face down on a bed in a spare bedroom. It was immediately apparent I had made an improper assumption. In retrospect I'm sure I raised more than one puzzled eyebrow. I have this puppy on the wall and am enjoying it immensely!
post #323 of 354 Old 03-31-2012, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Fantastic! I continue to thoroughly enjoy this set as well. Zero regrets. Would buy again and recommend in a heart beat.
post #324 of 354 Old 04-01-2012, 09:52 AM

I bought this tv from wal-mart when they first came out i replaced a lg 55lw5600 with it. I noticed right away that the off viewing angle sucked. If you get even the slightest bit off to the left or right of this tv the colors wash out bad. If i sit in my recliner which is just a few feet off center to the right, the colors are faded on the left side. Standing in my kitchen which is about 120 deg off center the colors on the entire tv are faded out badly. This was a deal breaker for me, not so much with the 120 deg thing but just sitting in my recliner or at the other end of the couch the colors wash out on the oposite side of the screen. The tv went back and io got anothe lg but stepped up to the 6500. Has anyone else had this or could it be just the one i got cause i really like the size and the pic (when sitting directly infront of it) and if it was just mine then i may go and get another one.
post #325 of 354 Old 04-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I just got the Vizio M3D550SV from costco yesterday. Since I could not find my model specific thread, I though you guys could help.

Can I use the pic settings here on this TV? Can this tv switch regular 2d content to 3D?
Can I play 3d side by side movies from my macbook to this tv? Also my macbook has regular analog audio 3.5mm jack, where do i connect this to the tv the red and white cables?

Also when I connected my macbook to the tv the entire tv does not get filled. there are black bars on the side.
Also, watched the 3d movies on starz on demand last night and 4 or 5 times the movies paused, i had to exit out of the movies and resume play again for it to work, keep in mind I was watching in 3d sensio mode and not the SBS. Could this have caused the pauses?

kindly recommend?
post #326 of 354 Old 04-01-2012, 10:37 AM

if im correct the senso is just an auto for the tv to chose which 3d mode to use. and no this tv doesnt do 2d-3d conversion that was another reason i went back to lg. have you noticed if the colors wash or fade out when you are just slightly off center or side view? sit just to the right or left of the tv just a few feet or so and look at the opposite side of the screen and see if the colors are slightly faded.
post #327 of 354 Old 04-02-2012, 04:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I am thinking of returning this set becuase yesterday night while watching some hdtv, I noticed while light from the edges coming out. I went to pic seetinsg and lowered the backlight and it was gone, but the pics were so dark that its barely visible.

And with the backlight set to high the black are unwatchable. Plus the fact that it cant convert 2d to 3d.

What other option do I have to replace this tv. I want passive only 3d.
post #328 of 354 Old 04-02-2012, 12:05 PM

LG all the way bro. I first bought the lg 55lw5600 used from amazon warehouse deals (way cheaper just make sure it comes from amazon warehouse deals) the tv came with minor scratches on the back which made no big deal cause its on the wall. Well i seen the M3D650SV at wal-mart and i had to have it, i had the same problem and compaired to the lg that it replaced it didnt even come close. So i took it back to wal-mart and ordered another lg from amazon warehouse deals, i went back to the 55" lg lw6500 240hz kinda sucked going back to 55 from 65 but picture quality means alot so... I got another used one but this one came with not one single mark on it, it looked brand new. Just, if u get one used make sure u click on "read more" and it will tell u whats wrong with it, it usually says "minor imperfection on top, sides, or back of item" you have 30 days to send it back even if you just want to send it back cause you just dont want it you can and they dont charge you one penny for pick up and refund all your money so you cant go wrong. There is a 65" one on there now for a little ove 2k. i know thats more than the vizio. Remeber now ALL led/lcd tvs will have some bleeding of light from the edges but that vizio is bad i had it. The LG isnt near as bad and the PQ is way better and you can adj 3d depth and of course 2d-3d. The toshiba is supposed to be nice to i was gonna get it due to the price being $1100 but i went back to trusty ole LG
post #329 of 354 Old 04-02-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post

I am thinking of returning this set becuase yesterday night while watching some hdtv, I noticed while light from the edges coming out. I went to pic seetinsg and lowered the backlight and it was gone, but the pics were so dark that its barely visible.

And with the backlight set to high the black are unwatchable. Plus the fact that it cant convert 2d to 3d.

What other option do I have to replace this tv. I want passive only 3d.

Get an LG it does what you want. Vizio is a fine set for the 42 and 47 inch versions but my understanding is that all the other sizes mostly have issues that make them less than a stellar value.
post #330 of 354 Old 04-03-2012, 04:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonka702 View Post

Get an LG it does what you want. Vizio is a fine set for the 42 and 47 inch versions but my understanding is that all the other sizes mostly have issues that make them less than a stellar value.

Well I actually OWN a 55 and a 65 and they are fantastic sets. I also own 2 20, a 32, a 37, a 42, and a 47. Do each have their own "quirks"? YES. Does every other set, YES. I'm always more interested in what actual owners think for all products. Edge lit TVs can be prone to the symptom described above and the 2D to 3D, well that should have been a known before the purchase. If I were sid369, I'd seek out people who owned the set before any purchase or exchange.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Vizio Xvt3d650sv 65 Inch Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page