I'm with You...It's Great...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 354 Old 04-03-2012, 06:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Check out the LG 3d screens.....They are also great... I have Both and love them.
post #333 of 354 Old 04-03-2012, 06:15 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakstr View Post

Well I actually OWN a 55 and a 65 and they are fantastic sets. I also own 2 20, a 32, a 37, a 42, and a 47. Do each have their own "quirks"? YES. Does every other set, YES. I'm always more interested in what actual owners think for all products. Edge lit TVs can be prone to the symptom described above and the 2D to 3D, well that should have been a known before the purchase. If I were sid369, I'd seek out people who owned the set before any purchase or exchange.

I have the 47 inch Vizio and my buddy just got the 55 inch LG. The LG does was the Vizio don't.
post #334 of 354 Old 04-03-2012, 10:20 AM

Liked: 12
I did own the M3D650SV all for about 2 weeks. The tv was great and had a really good picture (as long as you sit directly infront of it) and the 3D is really good too. However the off viewing on this thing was so bad if i sat just 2 to 3 feet to the right of the screen which is where my recliner is located the left side of the screen looks faded. If you get more over than that the whole screen will start to fade out (the colors i mean). It replaced a LG 55LW5600 and it doesnt even come close to what the LG offered and how the PQ was. There was way more options on the LG and of course the 2d-3d is nice to have. Not all vizios are like this i think its just the size of the screen with only 1,000,000:1 contrast. I went back to LG but stepped up to the 240hz LW6500 with 9,000,000:1 contrast. Way more happy. I recommend getting LG i can recommed this because i owned the 65" vizio and the Lg is better as ppl will tell you.
post #335 of 354 Old 04-04-2012, 11:55 PM

I want it to be known that while I suppprt LG, I also love my Vizio. If you are on a budget, Vizio may just be the set for you. It would just seem that whatever panels Vizio was able to procure for their 55" and 65" versions are sub standard and while Vizio engineers are awesome, they werent able to correct the problem with the panels.

One user even said he had to switch back to the 47 inch version because of the flaws in his larger panel.

So it would seem that if you save at least 50% over the cost of an equivalent Lg model you might be able to live with this set by having to make constant adjustments.

But the problem I see is that Vizio isn't offering up much of a discount on this size set in comparison and the few bucks you save isn't worth it if this is the set you may be considering. If you find a deal and dont mind constantly adjusting the set though....
post #336 of 354 Old 04-05-2012, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonka702 View Post

I have the 47 inch Vizio and my buddy just got the 55 inch LG. The LG does was the Vizio don't.

My point was if you don't own the set in question and unless you have other first hand information, you dilute the feedback.
post #337 of 354 Old 04-05-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:

My point was if you don't own the set in question and unless you have other first hand information, you dilute the feedback.

Trust me, I really shouldn't be confusing anyone because if they read the Vizio threads they will find the complaints about the Vizio right in the threads regarding the 55" and 65" versions. I didn't make the issues up.

I tried to explain that at a value, you may be happy and be able to justify the cost savings as your reason for purchasing the Vizio instead of the LG. But if they were both sitting side by side or the price difference is negligible (the 55 and 65 inch versions cost just as much as other brands at this size for some reason) then you get more bang for your buck with LG.
post #338 of 354 Old 04-06-2012, 10:55 PM

True story: My neighbor just ordered and recieved the new LG 55 inch 3D. After discovering the new LG didn't have the RCA out for his wireless headphones he relegated the set to the back bedroom and just reordered a Vizio 65 inch 3D the xvt not the new one. It seems he couldn't use his headphones without shutting off the volume on the new LG set. However with the RCA out on the Vizio he can listen to his headphones (Hearing impaired) while his wife listens to the TV thru the TV speakers. He has watched my set and knows he will love it. He could have saved almost five grand by ordering the Vizio first.

I am loving everything about this big black shiny beast. Thank you Vizio for providing a great product that I probably couldn't have afforded otherwise.
post #339 of 354 Old 04-07-2012, 05:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonka702 View Post

Trust me, I really shouldn't be confusing anyone because if they read the Vizio threads they will find the complaints about the Vizio right in the threads regarding the 55" and 65" versions. I didn't make the issues up.

I tried to explain that at a value, you may be happy and be able to justify the cost savings as your reason for purchasing the Vizio instead of the LG. But if they were both sitting side by side or the price difference is negligible (the 55 and 65 inch versions cost just as much as other brands at this size for some reason) then you get more bang for your buck with LG.

Yet I own the set and have no complaints about quality or cost. Hmmmmmm.... I guess in your sweeping generalizations, you take a quirk from one 55" and apply it to all? I guess that Pinto means my F150 is a terrible truck.

Edge lit sets suffer from bleed, all of them. I knew it was edge lit when I bought it. I also knew it did not do 2D-3D so was not disappointed when it actually didn't do that. I was initially upset when CEC was not working but a firmware update corrected that (both on my 65XVT and M550NV). I've seen the LG edge lit and it suffers from bleed as well. I've actually seen both sets side by side and you a wrong in your assertions. I'm just curious, is there a particular reason you're commenting in this thread if you don't own or plan to own this TV?
post #340 of 354 Old 04-07-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:

Yet I own the set and have no complaints about quality or cost. Hmmmmmm.... I guess in your sweeping generalizations, you take a quirk from one 55" and apply it to all? I guess that Pinto means my F150 is a terrible truck.

Edge lit sets suffer from bleed, all of them. I knew it was edge lit when I bought it. I also knew it did not do 2D-3D so was not disappointed when it actually didn't do that. I was initially upset when CEC was not working but a firmware update corrected that (both on my 65XVT and M550NV). I've seen the LG edge lit and it suffers from bleed as well. I've actually seen both sets side by side and you a wrong in your assertions. I'm just curious, is there a particular reason you're commenting in this thread if you don't own or plan to own this TV?

Im not saying I wouldn't buy this tv, read what I said, apply it LOGICALLY.

I have a 47 inch Vizio and am very happy with it, im not even trying to knock Vizio, it is a simple fact that LG is producing a BETTER set then Vizio, and that is pretty much my opinion but one that can be proven real world.

Anyone could do a lot worse than this set.
It takes alot of adjustments to get the 2d right even on my 47 version and that is also something of importance if I was looking into buying this set.

So don't take this as a knock on Vizio or your TV, like I maintain, if you get a value on rhis set get it, if not go LG.

And who says I never plan to get this set? If I get as good a value on this set as I did on my 47 I would grab it in a second because 2d-3d conversion is not important to me and I know how to adjust the set.

Sorry if I have offended your tastes, I am not and never will bash Vizio, just trying to get info I think would be valuable to others available.
post #341 of 354 Old 04-07-2012, 11:27 AM

I'm probably late in line to realize how all this works. But just in case there are some out there like me tech wise and who own this set and are perhaps lurking this site. A buddy of mine sent me an email forward heralding the Jeff Skiles and Sulley Sullenburg being certified on a historically restored DC-7B. After viewing on my computer I wondered? So I went to YouTube on my Vizio "Beast" and did a search. Then I sat back for approx nine minutes as I too flew aboard the nostalgic old girl. Only thing is I turned on the Vizio VHT 510 sound bar satellites and sub and BROTHER I could feel the throb of those four engines pulsing through my body! I could almost smell the smoke!I was magically transported there! UMmmmm . Wifey fled to the bedroom with her ears covered.

Thank you Vizio!
post #342 of 354 Old 04-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I was in sam's club yesterday and saw the new 65 inch vizio M model, and it looks just like last years vxt 65 inch only the price was under 2 grand, don't know if there are any change in the spec's but who cares. the first one that we have works and looks great in my viewing room, it's 15 feet from the front of the couch to the front of the screen and have no off center problems as some complain about in this thread, no it was in the lg thread that I was reading just a few minuets ago, someone complaining about that on the vizio set verse the lg, but they are seating 4 feet away, that reads to me that a sub 42 inch screen is about right. also have an idea that some pan another brand of the same thing to justify spending more for there set. I can afforded just about anything that i want but don't spend a lot on each set with teck stuff moving forward as fast as it does now. expect the vxt 65 to last about 3 to 4 years before we get something with the new bells and horns.
post #343 of 354 Old 04-10-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post

I was in sam's club yesterday and saw the new 65 inch vizio M model, and it looks just like last years vxt 65 inch only the price was under 2 grand, don't know if there are any change in the spec's but who cares. the first one that we have works and looks great in my viewing room, it's 15 feet from the front of the couch to the front of the screen and have no off center problems as some complain about in this thread, no it was in the lg thread that I was reading just a few minuets ago, someone complaining about that on the vizio set verse the lg, but they are seating 4 feet away, that reads to me that a sub 42 inch screen is about right. also have an idea that some pan another brand of the same thing to justify spending more for there set. I can afforded just about anything that i want but don't spend a lot on each set with teck stuff moving forward as fast as it does now. expect the vxt 65 to last about 3 to 4 years before we get something with the new bells and horns.

I had the problem of the screen fading out off center on my M3D650SV and i sat at 8 feet away. And when u are just walking into the room or when i sit in the dining area and watch it from a 100 deg off center not that big a deal, the sitting 8 feet from the tv justa few feet to the left in my chair and the opposite side of the scren starts to fade (the colors) big problem. now my smaller vizio i can stand at 175 deg and have no problems with that its just that big one.
post #344 of 354 Old 05-04-2012, 06:30 AM

First off, let me state, as the owner of both the XVT3D650SV (purchased from Sam's last Feb.) and the LG 65LW6500 (purchased last Tues.), I LOVE BOTH TV's!
I have also completely read through both this thread and the LW6500 series thread in their entirety.
I will give my opinion for what it's worth for any one interested in one or the other.
My Vizio has deeper blacks and looks great out of the box, Picture in Picture, but has VERY few settings, much more simplistic menus compared to the LG, and a problem with leaving a discolored almost purplish "smear" when people move on shows (didn't notice it after a few months though).
My LG, local dimming doesn't compare at all to my Vizio, doesn't have PIP, but has awesome features that Vizio doesn't such as 2D-3D conversion, HD upscaling, and service menu unlockable features such as THX MODES, DVR function, local dimming menu enable.
3D is better on the LG ONLY if you are seated precisely at eye level with TV. and has settings independently of 2D.
One last important note. I received a full reimbursement for my purchase of the Vizio when I noticed a constant dim area had developed toward bottom center of screen because these panels CAN NOT BE FIXED, only replacement TV or refund thanks to the extended warranty! YES I Now own both, but had to buy a LG ONLY so I would have a fixable TV in the future.
Hope this helps.
DO NOT PURCHASE ANY NEW TV WITHOUT AN EXTENDED WARRANTY!!!!!
post #345 of 354 Old 06-07-2012, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharGriller View Post

Good day fella's just reporting in; I turned the set on evening of 12/11/11 and was greeted with the message that my TV was updating my current version of software MP-XP2.7.9_RC1 with MPVIA3D-XP5.0.1.0-S ? The update date showed 12/07/11. I have no idea what that all means ... just reporting it. Also after the TV rebooted I also had a new widget notification. Since I don't use any of that I didn't check it out.

I'm sorry to hear the reports of major fast motion blurring and discoloration. So far (two months + ) it hasn't been an issue with mine. I'm sure I have the minor blurring but that too has gone un-noticed by me. I guess I should begin watching for it when playing back movies. Though I do wonder if there could be more pronounced blurring issue differences from panel to panel. I heard LG makes these panels for VIZIO ?

My just got auto updated to XP5.0.1.0-S, 6 months after it came out. My unit must have fallen off their update list.
post #346 of 354 Old 06-23-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama29 View Post

BIC2,

I don't mind a bit posting the settings that I came up with. However a word of warning. Settings rarely transfer well from set to set. Some items such as tint and color are often close but grey scale settings are normally quite different. When you add together all of the different components that make up a TV and the 5 to 10% tolerance for each resistor, capacitor, etc, you can end up with widely different settings. Sometimes they are close, but normally are not. That being said here are the settings that I came up with on my set.

---Picture settings menu---

Picture Mode: Custom

Backlight: 55

Brightness: 49

Contrast: 43

Color: 44

Tint: 0

Sharpness: 4

---Color Temperature submenu---

Color Temperature: Normal

Red Gain: 123

Green Gain: 130

Blue Gain: 131

Red Offset: 145

Green Offset: 143

Blue Offset: 146

--Advanced Picture submenu---

Smooth Motion Effect: Off

Real Cinema Mode: Off [grayed out]

Noise Reduction: Off

Color Enhancement: Off

Adaptive Luma: Off

Film Mode: Auto

Smart Dimming: On

Ambient Light Sensor: Off

Note: I used an i1Pro and Calman V4 software for the calibration.

I tried a number of different settings found in this thread (cnet, hometheater, etc) and these seemed to be the ones that both my wife & I recognized as having the best color richness.

I just picked my M3D650DV from Sams Club 2 days ago after watching it for half a year now, and seeing it at $1798 is by far the lowest price I have seen. I know, some people think I'm crazy for selling my year old Sony KDL55HX820, sacrificing the 240HZ and some of the best blacks on the market, but the big things that we (our family) wanted is a larger screen (for more of the theater experience) and passive 3D (the Active shutters cause us headaches and the cross talk was annoying).

We checked out the 3D channels on DirecTV as well as a few 3D movies on the PS3. Thanks to holding on to the Real3D glasses from movies we've seen over the last few years, we and our 2 boys can easily have their friends or our friends over to enjoy a movie on this TV that has really taken over the room now cool.gif

My Blackburn 30 Day Basement Project (1/11-2/11)
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=19917865
post #347 of 354 Old 12-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member

I see the last post was from 6/23/12
I have spent the better part of the last two weeks in front of my xvt3d650 vizio recovering from surgery and have had it about for 15 months now using settings like the ones in the post from 6/23, and am very happy with the set. I got it from amazon with free shipping for $2400 out the door so if I would have hung on a few more months my saved a few bucks on it. over all I think that this is the most enjoyable tv I have had. We have 4 more vizio led set around the house and we are quite happy with all, the rest are refurbished units. I think spending big bucks on video equipment may not be the way to go in todays world with them being almost like toasters. they die get new. I wonder how long it well be until there a hologram set's with no screens?
just a thought
post #348 of 354 Old 01-11-2013, 07:48 AM

I have the 650, for about 7 months. No problems and quite happy. Somethings you should know.
You can use the USB ports to view movies (mp4). Note that the port only sees FAT32, so you are limited to files less then 4Gb. There is one torrent site that has 1080p files that are smaller then 4Gb (you'll have to find it yourself).
I have a 500Gb passport (WD) hard drive USB(2.0/3.0) plugged into the 650 with 2D and 3D movies stored on it and they look great.
I have a 2.4/5.0 GHz n router but you can only use the 2.4GHz band with the 650. You can't upgrade because the motherboard only sees the 2.4GHz signal.
post #349 of 354 Old 09-08-2013, 09:35 AM

Hi, I am looking for the TV stand for this TV. I believe it's part # 1712-0102-2059

XVT3D650SV, M3D650SV and M3D651SV use the same stand I believe.

If you have one you want to get rid of, please let me know.

Thanks!
post #350 of 354 Old 09-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post

Hi, I am looking for the TV stand for this TV. I believe it's part # 1712-0102-2059

XVT3D650SV, M3D650SV and M3D651SV use the same stand I believe.

If you have one you want to get rid of, please let me know.

Thanks!
Try http://www.vizio.com or http://www.vizparts.com
post #351 of 354 Old 12-07-2013, 06:34 PM

first time with this tv... its not even all the way out the box... i plug it in... "Vizio" logo lights up. I press side power button and NOTHING... does not turn on. Tried to remote, still does not turn on. Am I missing something?
post #352 of 354 Old 12-08-2013, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter

I'd call Vizio. Their customer support is pretty good. I seem to recall there is some trick about holding the power button down for a long time to reset it, type of thing.
post #353 of 354 Old 02-22-2014, 06:03 PM

I've had this set for just under 2 years and about 6 months ago the screen started acting up at power up...

On power up, the whole screen is lit meaning I can see the blue backlight, but the left half of the screen doesn't show any video, beginning with the Vizio V in the middle of the screen during boot up.

When the boot is complete I see the video on the right half of the screen but the left side remains inactive. After about 30 minutes of warming up, typically the left half starts working.

Very rarely the left side starts up right away. Today, the left side hasn't come on all day.

I'm thinking someone has to have had this problem based on a web search, but Vizio acts like they've never heard it before.

Has anyone had this problem and had it fixed? I'm thinking it must be a board because the screen is operating on both side (I can see the lighting) it's just that there's no video image being displayed on the left half

HELP! smile.gif
post #354 of 354 Old 05-10-2014, 03:30 PM

I guess I don't have notification turned on? Anyways... I got the stand for the XVT3D650SV (same as the M3D650SV I was correct)

As for the differences that I have noticed:

XVT3D650SV - M3D650SV

Picture in Picture - no Picture in Picture
bluetooth&wifi - wifi only
2.4GHz+5GHz - 2.4GHz only
remote opens - turn over remote
5 HDMI - 4 HDMI
3 USB - 2 USB

Anyhbody care to add to this list? I haven't noticed anything else different...both look superb, work flawlessly for a year now - no complaints!
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Vizio Xvt3d650sv 65 Inch Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page