Picture Problem with Samsung UN40C7000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-18-2011, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I apologize if I missed a thread dealing with this issue, but my TV occasionally has issues with the right half of the screen going red. If there is no picture (plain black), the right side will be solid red. If there is a picture on screen, the objects will have a red outline to them. When it happens again, I'll take a pic.

I originally thought the problem was with my PC, but the problem was present when I was using my PS3 (both hooked up with HDMI to my Onkyo TX-NR3008). Since I have everything going through my receiver, I thought that it might the problem. When I switched to channel 3 I saw that cable TV (coax) also had the issue. At this point, I think it's a TV problem.

Has anyone had this problem, and how was it fixed. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-18-2011, 12:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So it happens even when it's not in 3D? Not good for sure.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-18-2011, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Correct. I've actually never seen it while in 3D mode...then again, I'm almost always using it in 2D. I contacted Samsung, and they created a repair ticket for me. I'm waiting for it to happen again so I can send a pic to the repair company.

I was searching and saw that someone had a similar issue, and it was caused by an unstable voltage regulator (or something like that). The main difference is that only half of my screen is affected...so far.
post #4 of 7 Old 02-18-2011, 01:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I do think it is a display issue. Sucks that your having issues for sure.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-03-2011, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

The repair company sent over a tech, and he's guessing that the main board went bad. He couldn't reproduce the problem, so he just swapped the board. Since the problem only occurs once in a while, I guess I won't know if it was actually fixed unless it happens again. Here are a couple pics:

post #6 of 7 Old 09-16-2013, 11:24 AM

Liked: 10
Hi,

My TV is having the exact same issues like yours. So, by changing the mainboard, did that fix your problem?

Thanks
post #7 of 7 Old 10-19-2014, 04:58 PM

Liked: 0
Maybe a fix?

I think I may have fixed mine, on a Samsung UN40C7000 set.

After taking the rear cover off, and putting on rubber gloves so as to not short out anything with my fingers, I noted carefully that the red half screen would come and go depending on how I flexed different parts of the video board or the TV as a whole.

Looking down at the small crevice between the board and the aluminum back, I noted that there were what appeared to be foam pads on the back of the board. And when I pressed the board so that the pads were making good contact with the aluminum, the red went away.

So I unplugged the set, disconnected all the leads to the board, and took it off.

I found that there were three of these pads -- attached to the back of the video board or the aluminum by a VERY mild adhesive (I could readily pull the pads off) -- and the pads were NOT properly aligned with the white squares marked on the video board. The pads also had indentations from the surface-mount devices on the back of the board. So I rotated the pads so that the SMDs would hit un-indented parts of the pads, placed the pads carefully on the board so as to match the lines, and reassembled.

No half-red screen.

Now it's entirely possible that the problem here is the board itself, and all my moving around of pads merely made it so that the poor connection that is at the heart of this problem on the board is held in a connected state. But for the moment we have our TV back.

John
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Samsung Un40c7000 40 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread - Un40c7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page