LG PASSIVE LW6500 dedicated thread... - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 2483 Old 06-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Member
 
EAGLE-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi again,well in my case i will selling this tv as soon is possible and i will never buy a lg tv again,but well this post if for post results,impressions and more right?? so here we go

as post before i have 3 tv in my house,SONY KDL-52Z5100,and the MITSUBISHI WD82837,before everybody tell me again that the LG 55LW6500 need calibration,today i see another bad thing!!,today i playing dante inferno in ps3 and well i note this another bad thing in this lg tv,in my two old sets,the sony and my old dlp misubishi the game looks perfect (i must say,both tv,sony and mitsibishi out of the box setting),in the video calibration setting,all the patter looks perfect,dont need calibrate nothing,but in the lg,no matter the video setting you choose,the game looks really dark!!! the only way for the game looks so so i up the video settings in 2 points in the video game!!!

again guys,how is possible that a really old dlp and a 2 year old 100.000:1 sony lcd looks a lot better that a brand new 9.000.000:1 "LED PLUS 2011" ????
something is not good here right????

Note: i must to say,the 3d image looks really good,actually dont have any problem with the 3d image quality,but 2d is really really bad!!!
EAGLE-1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 2483 Old 06-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Newbie
 
VictorGarcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by magi1500 View Post

If you hate the TV that much, why would you keep it?

I will take my decision about that, don't worry, moreover this is not the subject here.

As Eagle says, we are here to bring feedback and to provide information, if possible, based on real experience, not on suppositions or placebos. If someone had informed properly about how much bad is this TV, I would not have bought it, and now I would not have a problem.

If we do not use the forum to inform properly for good or for bad, then the forum would be useless.
VictorGarcia is offline  
post #273 of 2483 Old 06-18-2011, 04:50 AM
Member
 
larcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by magi1500 View Post

Picked up the 55LW6500 from Paul's TV in Woodland Hills, CA on Monday. I had the LX9500 last fall but had to return it because I never could get used to the banding problem.

I'm pretty happy with this set and it is a keeper. :-)

If you hate TruMotion as much as I do, be aware that it defaults to ON. So I turned that off. I've also set the (pseudo) Local Dimming to HIGH. It makes a noticeable improvement, though of course the blacks aren't as deep as the LX9500's true local dimming mode.

The matte finish is perfect for me. The LX9500 was so glossy... I never could get my place dark enough to be reflection free. But the 6500 has no problem with reflections at all, day or night.

With the Local Dimming plus, I occasionally see some light bleed on the sides of the screen when the image is predominantly dark. (I saw it during the Watchmen Motion Comics opening titles which are over black, for example.) You won't see it over picture really. But it's pretty minor. I see very little to no corner flashlights when watching 2.35 content. At least not when the set is in Cinema mode and the room lights are dimmed.

I watched a lot of active 3D on the LX9500 as well as a couple of Samsungs where I work. After about two hours of active, I always
feel a splitting headache coming on. And with the 9500, my wife said she didn't want to see anything in 3D again because active immediately made her so uncomfortable. I also saw quite a bit of crosstalk on all of those sets.

Not so with the 6500. No crosstalk and no headaches and my wife loves it too. It's completely worth the reduction in resolution (still looks HD just softer) and the slightly visible horizontal lines (sitting 8 feet from the 55") to actually have 3D I will use. I play a lot of games and I'm looking forward to 3D games on this set.

brian

Brian, I noticed in your post that you had the LX9500? I also have it and it is going back to LG with a refund because of a bad panel. I just ordered the 55LW6500 to replace the 9500. I experienced the same issues as you with the 9500. I looked at the 55LW5600 at best buy and was pretty impressed so I ordered the 55LW6500 from Vanns through Amazon.
larcar is offline  
post #274 of 2483 Old 06-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Newbie
 
bluc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all am looking at getting the 47LW6500. Had a look at one at local hn store.Just wondering how forgiving the vertical alignment for ghost free viewing is, also if off center horizontal viewing is a problem. I would be about 3.5-4 meters back from tv, in my lounge room. But the tv is slightly higher then the chair.(comfy angle for watching from a recliner, top of the my head is prob level with bottom third of tv) At this distance is the angle going to be a probelm? Do I have to have my head level with the top middle or bottom of screen for optimal results? Also I notice this is a smart tv do skype video calls work with it? If so what is the model number of the camera it uses. Thanks in advance. cheers
bluc is offline  
post #275 of 2483 Old 06-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
Dr. Spankenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 700
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If one was uninterested in the Motionflow feature, would there be any other reason not to buy the 5600 vs the 6500? Or is it also utilized for the refresh rate for 3D?

How about the wait for the nano panel (9500?)
Dr. Spankenstein is offline  
post #276 of 2483 Old 06-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Robut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluc View Post

Hey all am looking at getting the 47LW6500. Had a look at one at local hn store.Just wondering how forgiving the vertical alignment for ghost free viewing is, also if off center horizontal viewing is a problem. I would be about 3.5-4 meters back from tv, in my lounge room. But the tv is slightly higher then the chair.(comfy angle for watching from a recliner, top of the my head is prob level with bottom third of tv) At this distance is the angle going to be a probelm? Do I have to have my head level with the top middle or bottom of screen for optimal results? Also I notice this is a smart tv do skype video calls work with it? If so what is the model number of the camera it uses. Thanks in advance. cheers

Level with the middle of the screen is optimal. If you will be at the bottom third point you'll be fine. I don't know about the rest of you're questions. It seems like if you view from 3.5-4 meters you can be more above or below the center of the screen and have no issues, 15 degrees up or down is good.
Robut is offline  
post #277 of 2483 Old 06-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Newbie
 
bluc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the reply and the info.Now to do more digging to find out about skype cheers
bluc is offline  
post #278 of 2483 Old 06-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Member
 
HDUDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLE-1 View Post

hi again,well in my case i will selling this tv as soon is possible and i will never buy a lg tv again,but well this post if for post results,impressions and more right?? so here we go

as post before i have 3 tv in my house,SONY KDL-52Z5100,and the MITSUBISHI WD82837,before everybody tell me again that the LG 55LW6500 need calibration,today i see another bad thing!!,today i playing dante inferno in ps3 and well i note this another bad thing in this lg tv,in my two old sets,the sony and my old dlp misubishi the game looks perfect (i must say,both tv,sony and mitsibishi out of the box setting),in the video calibration setting,all the patter looks perfect,dont need calibrate nothing,but in the lg,no matter the video setting you choose,the game looks really dark!!! the only way for the game looks so so i up the video settings in 2 points in the video game!!!

again guys,how is possible that a really old dlp and a 2 year old 100.000:1 sony lcd looks a lot better that a brand new 9.000.000:1 "LED PLUS 2011" ????
something is not good here right????

Note: i must to say,the 3d image looks really good,actually dont have any problem with the 3d image quality,but 2d is really really bad!!!

Dude, are you from the U.S.? Your post here is pretty incomprehensible. You have a bunch of rambling that make no sense.

Can you repost this so that we can understand what your issues are?
HDUDE is offline  
post #279 of 2483 Old 06-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Member
 
Toddgabweg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been checking out lg passive for the last few months- I am still waiting for a major review of the 65lw6500 (I still wish that lg would have called this the 65lw5600 since it is more like the 5600 series). I have been watching the price of the 65" and since I want a large tv (55 is too small for my family room) I am starting to think passive will not be an option for me (someday). I love the idea of passive 3d, but for me and my situation I believe I will need to look at active and plasma for the size I want. I might go with samsung plasma 64D7000- the price is great and comes with 2 Bluetooth glasses and a 3d bluray player plus 5 3d movies. I do think passive is the future and a great option if you are looking at a tv 55" and under.... I just don't see the value in the 65lw6500- next year perhaps a different story.
Toddgabweg is offline  
post #280 of 2483 Old 06-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
Michael2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robut View Post

You know what, neither of us are going to give in that the big expenditure we both made may not be the best. So we could just go on just about forever.

I think the reviews are about 50-50 and I think thats where the manufacturers and the general public is.

This pretty well sums it up.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline  
post #281 of 2483 Old 06-19-2011, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jim HTPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDUDE View Post


Dude, are you from the U.S.? Your post here is pretty incomprehensible. You have a bunch of rambling that make no sense.

Can you repost this so that we can understand what your issues are?

That's not fair. The world isn't just the United States. There are still Americans that have difficulty with written (and spoken for that matter) English.

At least he is putting forth effort to find information and trying to contribute.

I could piece the text together. He is in need of ISF calibration. If not, he should return it. The adjustment setting are not enough if you are not seasoned. My picture is not dark.
Jim HTPC is offline  
post #282 of 2483 Old 06-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Member
 
emmat2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Regarding the resolution, is it really just 540p per eye on the 47lw6500 ?

Emmat2011
emmat2011 is offline  
post #283 of 2483 Old 06-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Member
 
Toddgabweg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Again I have been watching the 65LW6500 for quite some time now and I was disappointed when I heard that it was more like the 5600 series (120 hz). Some places had it listed at 240hz while others had it at 120hz (even lg's site had it at 120 hz)... Well I checked out LG's site again today ( http://www.lg.com/ph/tv-audio-video/...v-65LW6500.jsp )now it is listed at 240hz... did LG change this set... I never understood why they called it a LW6500 when it was more like the 5600 series... what to believe??? (I am still waiting for a major review of the 65LW6500 set)...

who has this set???? thanks
LL
Toddgabweg is offline  
post #284 of 2483 Old 06-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Newbie
 
bluc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
porbably called it 6500 as they added cinema 3d? even though rest of tv is very similar to 5600. Also 5600 was 120hz 6500 is 240hz hope this helps.
bluc is offline  
post #285 of 2483 Old 06-20-2011, 01:40 AM
Member
 
magi1500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by larcar View Post

Brian, I noticed in your post that you had the LX9500? I also have it and it is going back to LG with a refund because of a bad panel. I just ordered the 55LW6500 to replace the 9500. I experienced the same issues as you with the 9500. I looked at the 55LW5600 at best buy and was pretty impressed so I ordered the 55LW6500 from Vanns through Amazon.

I think you'll be happy. I certainly am. The blacks are not as good as the LX9500, but that's the trade off for the LW6500's matte screen (which works much better in my home) and the Local Dimming Plus.

The 3D may be lower resolution than the 9500's, but with no headaches and no crosstalk I've already used it more in the month I've had it than I used 3D in the 3 months I had the 9500. :-)

I like 3D for gaming on the PS3. And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we're losing less resolution from passive 3D gaming on the PS3:

3D games on the PS3 are 720p per eye which I figure the 6500 must first convert to its native resolution of 1080 before it gets halved to 540p for the passive 3D. So really we're only losing 720-540 which is 180 lines (or 25%.)

Unless I'm wrong about when the 6500 converts from 720p to 1080p...

brian
magi1500 is offline  
post #286 of 2483 Old 06-20-2011, 03:23 AM
Member
 
larcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by magi1500 View Post

I think you'll be happy. I certainly am. The blacks are not as good as the LX9500, but that's the trade off for the LW6500's matte screen (which works much better in my home) and the Local Dimming Plus.

The 3D may be lower resolution than the 9500's, but with no headaches and no crosstalk I've already used it more in the month I've had it than I used 3D in the 3 months I had the 9500. :-)

I like 3D for gaming on the PS3. And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we're losing less resolution from passive 3D gaming on the PS3:

3D games on the PS3 are 720p per eye which I figure the 6500 must first convert to its native resolution of 1080 before it gets halved to 540p for the passive 3D. So really we're only losing 720-540 which is 180 lines (or 25%.)

Unless I'm wrong about when the 6500 converts from 720p to 1080p...

brian

Brian, Thanks for your info. What was wrong with your 9500? Just curious. The room that the 9500 is in is really bright and I get alot of reflections off the glass. The matte screen on the 6500 should help eliminate this. Less crosstalk on 3d will be another plus.
Larry
larcar is offline  
post #287 of 2483 Old 06-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Member
 
EAGLE-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDUDE View Post

Dude, are you from the U.S.? Your post here is pretty incomprehensible. You have a bunch of rambling that make no sense.

Can you repost this so that we can understand what your issues are?

hi,sorry for my bad english, i will try to repost it!!,thanks
EAGLE-1 is offline  
post #288 of 2483 Old 06-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Member
 
EAGLE-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi again,well in my case i will selling this tv as soon is possible and i will never buy a lg tv again,but well this post if for post results,impressions and more right?? so here we go

as post before i have 3 tv in my house,SONY KDL-52Z5100,and the MITSUBISHI WD82837,please guys dont tell me again that the LG 55LW6500 need calibration i know that,but i want to post my results using 3 tv's in out of the box settigs,today i notice another bad thing in the 55lw6500!!,today when i try to play dante inferno game in ps3 i notice that the game looks really dark!!,no matter the video settings that i choose,the game always look dark!!,so in my two old sets,the sony and my old dlp misubishi the game looks perfect (i must say,both tv,sony and mitsibishi out of the box setting),the dante inferno video game have a calibration video setting,all the colors looks perfect, i dont need calibrate nothing in my two olds tv's,but in the lg, i as say before,no matter the video setting i choose,the game looks really dark!!! the only way for the game looks so so( i say so so because dont look as well like in the 2 old tv's!!) the only way for the game dont look too dark in change the video settings in the game,only that way i can play the game!!

again guys,how is possible that a really old dlp and a 2 year old 100.000:1 sony lcd looks a lot better that a brand new 9.000.000:1 "LED PLUS 2011" ????
something is not good here right????

Note: i must to say,the 3d image looks really good,actually dont have any problem with the 3d image quality,but 2d is really really bad!!!
EAGLE-1 is offline  
post #289 of 2483 Old 06-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Member
 
magi1500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLE-1 View Post

hi again,well in my case i will selling this tv as soon is possible and i will never buy a lg tv again,but well this post if for post results,impressions and more right?? so here we go

as post before i have 3 tv in my house,SONY KDL-52Z5100,and the MITSUBISHI WD82837,please guys dont tell me again that the LG 55LW6500 need calibration i know that,but i want to post my results using 3 tv's in out of the box settigs,today i notice another bad thing in the 55lw6500!!,today when i try to play dante inferno game in ps3 i notice that the game looks really dark!!,no matter the video settings that i choose,the game always look dark!!,so in my two old sets,the sony and my old dlp misubishi the game looks perfect (i must say,both tv,sony and mitsibishi out of the box setting),the dante inferno video game have a calibration video setting,all the colors looks perfect, i dont need calibrate nothing in my two olds tv's,but in the lg, i as say before,no matter the video setting i choose,the game looks really dark!!! the only way for the game looks so so( i say so so because dont look as well like in the 2 old tv's!!) the only way for the game dont look too dark in change the video settings in the game,only that way i can play the game!!

again guys,how is possible that a really old dlp and a 2 year old 100.000:1 sony lcd looks a lot better that a brand new 9.000.000:1 "LED PLUS 2011" ????
something is not good here right????

Note: i must to say,the 3d image looks really good,actually dont have any problem with the 3d image quality,but 2d is really really bad!!!

I spent 7 or 8 hours gaming on my PS3 yesterday... it was Sunday :-)

For the 2D games (I was playing LC Gaurdian of Light) I used the "game" picture preset. During the day I left the setting exactly as is because it was very bright. As the sun went down and the room got darker, I lowered the preset's contrast about 10 units.

So I am not experiencing your problem with games being too dark. Maybe we've a setting in the PS3 different? Maybe you got a bad set?

3D gaming is slightly different because you can't use the "gaming" preset. In 3D, your only choices are "standard" and "cinema"... I played Crysis 2 in 3D for several hours yesterday. Without the "game" preset, there is a small amount of lag but it was noticeable. I adjusted the cinema preset to try to get it closer to the game preset (I couldn't start from standard because it was way TOO bright), and I was able to improve it but couldn't get it as good as the game preset in 2D.
magi1500 is offline  
post #290 of 2483 Old 06-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Member
 
magi1500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by larcar View Post

Brian, Thanks for your info. What was wrong with your 9500? Just curious. The room that the 9500 is in is really bright and I get alot of reflections off the glass. The matte screen on the 6500 should help eliminate this. Less crosstalk on 3d will be another plus.
Larry

With the 9500, I wasn't happy with the glossy screen or the crosstalk in 3D. But those weren't the reasons I returned it. The banding was the deal breaker. It really drove me nuts.
magi1500 is offline  
post #291 of 2483 Old 06-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Member
 
larcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by magi1500 View Post

With the 9500, I wasn't happy with the glossy screen or the crosstalk in 3D. But those weren't the reasons I returned it. The banding was the deal breaker. It really drove me nuts.

I guess I was one of the few that did not have a banding problem. I think I mentioned mine had a horizontal black line that they could not get rid of except to change the panel and none were available.I know the lw6500 is not a high end tv like the 9500 but hopefully it will be acceptable. Mine was due to ship today from Vann's.
Thanks, Larry
larcar is offline  
post #292 of 2483 Old 06-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Member
 
EAGLE-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by magi1500 View Post

I spent 7 or 8 hours gaming on my PS3 yesterday... it was Sunday :-)

For the 2D games (I was playing LC Gaurdian of Light) I used the "game" picture preset. During the day I left the setting exactly as is because it was very bright. As the sun went down and the room got darker, I lowered the preset's contrast about 10 units.

So I am not experiencing your problem with games being too dark. Maybe we've a setting in the PS3 different? Maybe you got a bad set?

3D gaming is slightly different because you can't use the "gaming" preset. In 3D, your only choices are "standard" and "cinema"... I played Crysis 2 in 3D for several hours yesterday. Without the "game" preset, there is a small amount of lag but it was noticeable. I adjusted the cinema preset to try to get it closer to the game preset (I couldn't start from standard because it was way TOO bright), and I was able to improve it but couldn't get it as good as the game preset in 2D.

thats is actually the point,you need re-calibrate the tv if the room is darker or bright,with my 2 olds tv i dont need make any calibration,looks perfect no matter the light of the room!!!
still i dont test 3d games,only movies and the movies looks really good,no problem with that,thanks for sharing your results!!!
EAGLE-1 is offline  
post #293 of 2483 Old 06-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Member
 
Toddgabweg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddgabweg View Post

Again I have been watching the 65LW6500 for quite some time now and I was disappointed when I heard that it was more like the 5600 series (120 hz). Some places had it listed at 240hz while others had it at 120hz (even lg's site had it at 120 hz)... Well I checked out LG's site again today ( http://www.lg.com/ph/tv-audio-video/...v-65LW6500.jsp )now it is listed at 240hz... did LG change this set... I never understood why they called it a LW6500 when it was more like the 5600 series... what to believe??? (I am still waiting for a major review of the 65LW6500 set)...

who has this set???? thanks

Ok, it seems that the 65LW6500 is 240Hz, but not the US version (not sure why)... good news is that it seems the price is dropping... I'll wait
Toddgabweg is offline  
post #294 of 2483 Old 06-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Member
 
magi1500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLE-1 View Post


thats is actually the point,you need re-calibrate the tv if the room is darker or bright,with my 2 olds tv i dont need make any calibration,looks perfect no matter the light of the room!!!
still i dont test 3d games,only movies and the movies looks really good,no problem with that,thanks for sharing your results!!!

I've always been a settings tweaker. The TV, my receiver, the BD player... my car seat... I like playing with everything until I get it just right. So one shouldn't take that as a lack of confidence in the product's abilities.

Just that I'm a settings tweaker.
magi1500 is offline  
post #295 of 2483 Old 06-21-2011, 04:26 AM
Member
 
larcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know if the LG 55LW6500 will work with Directv 3d? Thanks
larcar is offline  
post #296 of 2483 Old 06-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
Steve P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Yes, and it will autodetect the 3D channels.
Steve P. is offline  
post #297 of 2483 Old 06-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Member
 
larcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve P. View Post
Yes, and it will autodetect the 3D channels.
Thank Steve! Do you use this tv with directv 3d and if so how do you like it?
Larry
larcar is offline  
post #298 of 2483 Old 06-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
Steve P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have the 47" 120 hz version and it works quite well with DirecTVs channels. In fact, I prefer watching 3D on it over my active 3D set. Very bright, easy on the eyes and extremely low crosstalk. You can also watch You Tube 3D, just search for "yt3d."
Steve P. is offline  
post #299 of 2483 Old 06-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Member
 
larcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve P. View Post

I have the 47" 120 hz version and it works quite well with DirecTVs channels. In fact, I prefer watching 3D on it over my active 3D set. Very bright, easy on the eyes and extremely low crosstalk. You can also watch You Tube 3D, just search for "yt3d."

That's great. Thanks for the heads up I did not know you could get 3d from youtube. My 55lw6500 is being delivered tomorrow. I have to get my 55LX9500 off the wall and put up the new one as soon as I can get some help taking it down.
larcar is offline  
post #300 of 2483 Old 06-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Member
 
jmj21grams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you for the input magi1500. Stevep. Did you go with the 47" for better pq? Some review sites are saying these passive sets are basically excellent, a few quibbles.. a few seem to suggest that 47" is the "grail" for this tech.. as the 55" and larger, when they appear, seem to display a bit more of the technologies weakness and shortcomings more,.. Softer image, possible observation of the 540 scan lines if thats what they are called? Whereas the 47" had the tighter pixels density, Ergo the perceived sharper image, less showing of the 1/2 rez's "flaws" in fact some said the "smaller"size actually. Turned the weakness into a strength and a real entertainment plus 1a... now some of you guys spent a lot of money I know, and dont want any negativty, but could you comment, verify, deny, etc..I sure would like to go with a larger set and may eventually. Go with the nano as last years nano from what l read was excellent 2dand one reviewer claimed the black crashed his equipment. At 37000 to 1 to infinity and the one previously ,held the record.( other then kuro) was the panny plasma at 15000 to 1 . But the passive 3d Is what I really think I would prefer.. l love samsungs pop, COntrast, colour and panel but ...:-D l can't wait another year for the passive glasses, active screen solution. Also you guys with the motion setting issues.. for what its worth.. a couple of "world class"reviewers suggest setting judder to 3 and blur setting to 8.. it might just be the ticket for movies and sports watching hope it might help ....thanks ahead to any input on the issues I mentioned and in helping me in choosing a "47 or "55. By hearing what you guys have to say who lived with their Awsome new flat panel for awhile. And know what of thy speaker ...:-D

.
jmj21grams is offline  
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lg Infinia 47lw6500 , Lg Infinia 47lw5600 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off