LG PASSIVE LW6500 dedicated thread... - Page 70 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2071 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got my 65lw6500 delivered from Amazon today. The delivery guys unpacked it but didn't power it on. I plugged it into surge protector on the floor but I still have bottom half of tv in box just in case there's a problem. I plugged it in. Which remote turns the tv on the magic remote or the other one? Where is the sensor on the tv because like I said I have bottom half of tv still in box so maybe the sensor is down there and can't detect the signal from either remote cuz its covered up. I looked on both sides of the tv for a power button but didn't see one. Is there a power button on the tv and if so where? I have 30 days to return it to Amazon but I'd rather leave the bottom part in the box so if there is a problem it'll be easier to repack it for shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
The TV's remote sensor as well as the power/volume/input, etc "buttons" are located across the bottom right front area of the TV. These are touch-sensitive "buttons." The Magic Motion remote has to be paired/registered with the TV before it will control much of anything. So yes, you will need to uncover the bottom right area of the TV, at a minimum, for your remotes to work.
Be careful with your big TV sitting in the box; it's not well supported nor balanced and can easily tip over without you even touching or bumping it.

When in doubt, do the right thing.
post #2073 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post

The TV's remote sensor as well as the power/volume/input, etc "buttons" are located across the bottom right front area of the TV. These are touch-sensitive "buttons." The Magic Motion remote has to be paired/registered with the TV before it will control much of anything. So yes, you will need to uncover the bottom right area of the TV, at a minimum, for your remotes to work.
Be careful with your big TV sitting in the box; it's not well supported or balanced and can easily tip over without you even touching or bumping it.

Thanks alot. I need to wait for help to unbox this thing but though if I plugged it in I could power it on to see if it worked. Thanks again.

Is there a power button on the tv itself? I didn't see one though.
post #2074 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Yes, there's a touch-sensitive power "button" to the left of the small red/white power on/off light at the bottom right front of the TV. Just lightly run your finger across the "buttons" in that area, and one of them will be the power button.

When in doubt, do the right thing.
post #2075 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 11:31 AM

I have a 55lw5500 and it was a bitch to unpack and set up. Needed my sons help. Andyes you definitely need to be careful with that tv as its resting in the box. Your safest bet is to totally unpack it and get it on its stand...
post #2076 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby8611 View Post

I bought the 47" version of this tv and love it. I do have one problem though....

When I use my netflix app, my vizio sound bar doesn't work. You will hear a high pitched "ting" as a show/movie is loading then nothing...no audio at all. Has anyone else experienced this? The soundbar works fine the rest of the time.

Sorry if this has already been addressed...I haven't really read through much of this thread.

Checked Netflix again last night. Shows are once again coming out in 5.1 surround sound. I guess there was an issue the last few days that has since been resolved..
post #2077 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 12:57 PM

Hi all,

Has anyone found the HD broadcast picture to be somewhat washed out? I've had the 65" model set up for about 2 weeks now. Blu Ray looks great (especially in 3D) but the quality of the TivoHD is just mediocre. The problem seems to be worst when I am watching the Knicks games (not sure if it is the channel or the motion). My main tv is a 50 Kuro Plasma and the LG is replacing a 47 Vizio LED LCD. While I expected the picture to be better on the Kuro, I'm surprised that the Vizio also has better quality. Since this is a very large TV and Blu Ray and Xbox look great, I suspect this is just the result of blowing up a relatively poor signal to this size. By my calculations a 65 TV actually has about 70% more surface area relative to a 50.

I've been playing with the settings a lot to try to tweak the picture. I was able to enable the THX settings yesterday and right now I am using the "THX Bright Room" setting.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. I've got the TV hanging on the wall, so it's too much trouble to return. I'm hoping there might be something I could do to improve the picture.

-David
post #2078 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCaron View Post

The full model number is RCA RCR312WR.... assuming every Wal-mart is the same they have it hanging up on the wall with the other home theater items.... funny thing is its the cheapest remote they had.

I have that remote but don't see the guide button anywhere. I tried holding down the tv button and enter 8741. Is that all you need to do on this remote?

Also besides the THX unlock, what other things should I enable turn on once I get this powered and on the stand? Do you have to turn 1080p/24 on? stuff like that?
post #2079 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 02:53 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboyokc View Post

Has anyone else seen/resolved this?!?

Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLennerth View Post

I have that remote but don't see the guide button anywhere. I tried holding down the tv button and enter 8741. Is that all you need to do on this remote?

Also besides the THX unlock, what other things should I enable turn on once I get this powered and on the stand? Do you have to turn 1080p/24 on? stuff like that?

The remote should look just like this one. See the guide button on the left side northwest of the 4way button in the middle. No the code to use on the RCA remote is 11265 as I mentioned in your other post. Code 8741 is used on the LG remote to unlock the grayed out fields in the Picture setting menu for THX and ISF Day/Night modes.

post #2080 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred96ws6 View Post

The remote should look just like this one. See the guide button on the left side northwest of the 4way button in the middle. No the code to use on the RCA remote is 11265 as I mentioned in your other post. Code 8741 is used on the LG remote to unlock the grayed out fields in the Picture setting menu for THX and ISF Day/Night modes.

Here is link to pic of remote I bought:

http://s1269.photobucket.com/albums/...ent=remote.jpg
post #2081 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 04:04 PM

the button that is northwest of 4 way button is go back. I'll list all the buttons I see: on/off, sat/cbl, tv, vcr/dvd, go back, info, ch +, ch-, vl+, vol-, Menu, ok ch backwards, reverse, play, forward, record, stop, pause.

This is one I have:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IRtm3Mmzzd...-03-10_897.jpg

this is better pic of it

Also I put the USB in but it doesn't fit very snugly into the slot. Is this common or should there be a noticeable feel once the USB stick is in far enough. It feels loose in the slot but it won't go in further.

http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/...mponent-remote
post #2082 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:

Also I put the USB in but it doesn't fit very snugly into the slot. Is this common or should there be a noticeable feel once the USB stick is in far enough. It feels loose in the slot but it won't go in further.

http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/...mponent-remote

It fits a little loose for my TV... anybody else who can confirm this is universally true for this TV?
post #2083 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 08:17 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

=JLennerth;21758312]the button that is northwest of 4 way button is go back. I'll list all the buttons I see: on/off, sat/cbl, tv, vcr/dvd, go back, info, ch +, ch-, vl+, vol-, Menu, ok ch backwards, reverse, play, forward, record, stop, pause.

This is one I have:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IRtm3Mmzzd...-03-10_897.jpg

That is the older discontinued model RCR312W. You need to have the one that replaces the go back button with the guide button which is the current model RCR312WR. Notice the R at the end of the model#.

Quote:

It fits a little loose for my TV... anybody else who can confirm this is universally true for this TV?
Today 06:04 PM

It's also loose on my 65LW6500.
post #2084 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBlackout View Post

Just bought the lg65lw6500 from best buy. So far I like the tv. Did a fair amount of research and decided to go with the lg passive 3d 65" inch over the panasonic active 65". I bought a sony bravia 46" lcd in 2009 and brought back the first one i had due to clouding issues. I really dont have any issues with the picture on my lg but there is one problem. I found a small dent in the metal on the back of the tv towards the top right corner. It doesn't seem to be affecting the picture at all and it doesn't look like the box was dented or smashed in the area where the dent would have happened. Should this dent concern me at all? Is this something that could have happened at the factory and not somewhere in transit? Would you bring back the tv and get a new one because of a dent in the back that does not seem to be affecting the tv's performance? Thanks for the help. I'm a new member here; my buddy turned me on to avsforum and so far I love it.

Thanks for any help I can get.
post #2085 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:

I just got my 65lw6500 delivered from Amazon today. The delivery guys unpacked it but didn't power it on. I plugged it into surge protector on the floor but I still have bottom half of tv in box just in case there's a problem. I plugged it in. Which remote turns the tv on the magic remote or the other one? Where is the sensor on the tv because like I said I have bottom half of tv still in box so maybe the sensor is down there and can't detect the signal from either remote cuz its covered up. I looked on both sides of the tv for a power button but didn't see one. Is there a power button on the tv and if so where? I have 30 days to return it to Amazon but I'd rather leave the bottom part in the box so if there is a problem it'll be easier to repack it for shipping.

I didn't see this mentioned, but along the bottom panel behind the bezel there are vents there also.
post #2086 of 2480 Old 03-09-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingerhill View Post

Hi all,

Has anyone found the HD broadcast picture to be somewhat washed out? I've had the 65" model set up for about 2 weeks now. Blu Ray looks great (especially in 3D) but the quality of the TivoHD is just mediocre. The problem seems to be worst when I am watching the Knicks games (not sure if it is the channel or the motion). My main tv is a 50 Kuro Plasma and the LG is replacing a 47 Vizio LED LCD. While I expected the picture to be better on the Kuro, I'm surprised that the Vizio also has better quality. Since this is a very large TV and Blu Ray and Xbox look great, I suspect this is just the result of blowing up a relatively poor signal to this size. By my calculations a 65 TV actually has about 70% more surface area relative to a 50.

I've been playing with the settings a lot to try to tweak the picture. I was able to enable the THX settings yesterday and right now I am using the "THX Bright Room" setting.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. I've got the TV hanging on the wall, so it's too much trouble to return. I'm hoping there might be something I could do to improve the picture.

-David

I had this same problem with my cable box. HD & SD looked washed out while bluray was clear & colorful. I thought the box put out YPbPr colorspace and it didn't. Didn't find out until I re-re-recalibtated that the pict that the box put out RGB limited. I was using my ps3 with S&M & AVS HD 709 to cal. Hope this helps.
post #2087 of 2480 Old 03-10-2012, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred96ws6 View Post

That is the older discontinued model RCR312W. You need to have the one that replaces the go back button with the guide button which is the current model RCR312WR. Notice the R at the end of the model#.

It's also loose on my 65LW6500.

I can't find that one anywhere. I can only find the one like mine that has the go back button. Does anyone know where I can buy one with the guide button instead of go back button? I live in Ohio and would be willing to buy one from someone who has one they used just to unlock THX and is already programmed.
PM me if interested. Is there any other kind/model of remote I can get on Amazon that would do the job?
post #2088 of 2480 Old 03-10-2012, 04:27 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:

I can't find that one anywhere. I can only find the one like mine that has the go back button. Does anyone know where I can buy one with the guide button instead of go back button? I live in Ohio and would be willing to buy one from someone who has one they used just to unlock THX and is already programmed.
PM me if interested. Is there any other kind/model of remote I can get on Amazon that would do the job?

I got the RCR312WR that worked on my 5700 model at Walmart. I live in N.E. Ohio
post #2089 of 2480 Old 03-10-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymkin View Post

I had this same problem with my cable box. HD & SD looked washed out while bluray was clear & colorful. I thought the box put out YPbPr colorspace and it didn't. Didn't find out until I re-re-recalibtated that the pict that the box put out RGB limited. I was using my ps3 with S&M & AVS HD 709 to cal. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for your reply. Can you share the settings you used? I am not sure calibrating via blu ray will help since the blu ray picture is not the problem.
post #2090 of 2480 Old 03-10-2012, 10:06 AM

Like I said in my earlier post, I still have this beast in the box until I get some help taking it out, assembling the stand, and putting it onto my tv stand. What settings do I want to enable straight out of box? I have 1080i hd cable from time Warner, a PS3, and Xbox 360(the new black one with hdmi output). Are all the settings I need to change located on my devices? Meaning if I want to enable deep color or that ypbrc (idk the letters) color space, I just need to do it on my PS3? Is there anyway to up convert my 1080i HD signal to 1080p or will it do it automatically?
post #2091 of 2480 Old 03-10-2012, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 439
can't PiP AUDIO to work on Blu rays like The Pacific because the speakers won't go on at the same time as the reciever

just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
post #2092 of 2480 Old 03-10-2012, 04:23 PM

Were the Amazon delivery guys supposed to assemble it on the stand? Cuz they dropped it off then were outta here. They resultant lay unbowed it for me after I requested it.
post #2093 of 2480 Old 03-10-2012, 04:51 PM

Got a problem with my 55 6500 LG hope you guys can help. Here is my setup

55 LG 240htz
7.1 Onkyo
Panasonic 3D Blue Ray

Watching HD broadcasts, 360 games, or blue rays in 3D (2D-3D) everything looks fine and comes across smooth. While trying to watch my first 3D blue ray today the screen looked very bad. I turned off the refresh on the TV and only used the settings on my Blue Ray player and it still looked as if it was pushing my 3D over the top.

I have all my systems running to the 7.1 Onkyo via HDMI then my Onkyo running to the TV. I purchased a few HDMI cables through amazon that said they can handle 3D fine. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there any other settings I should enable, disable when watching a 3D blue ray?
post #2094 of 2480 Old 03-11-2012, 10:05 AM

please help!

how do i access the service menu with a wr7 universal remote control??? i cannot figure it out
post #2095 of 2480 Old 03-11-2012, 03:10 PM

I am hooking this beast up soon. Is the risk of burn in greater during the first 100 hours like it is on plasma tvs? Is there anything I can do to midigate the risk besides turning the contrast down and not leaving a static I,age paused for too long?
post #2096 of 2480 Old 03-11-2012, 04:50 PM

I have unlocked the DVR function in the service menu and bought a 16gb USB. How do I make DVR work? When I press the freeze button an error message comes up.
post #2097 of 2480 Old 03-11-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:

I am hooking this beast up soon. Is the risk of burn in greater during the first 100 hours like it is on plasma tvs? Is there anything I can do to midigate the risk besides turning the contrast down and not leaving a static I,age paused for too long?

No burn in... LCD.
post #2098 of 2480 Old 03-12-2012, 07:58 PM

Whelp everything was going fine up ntil today. Now the tv doesn't recognize that either my Xbox nor ps3 are plugged in. I checked both cords and they're working fine. I have a service call to see what issue is. What the heck just my luck.
post #2099 of 2480 Old 03-12-2012, 09:22 PM

I bought LG service menu explorer (for my android phone) but can't start it. Is the IP address it requests for the router or the TV? What authorization code do I use? (the LG access codes of 0413 and 8741 don't work.) Where can I find written instructions to load it? Thanks, Bruce
post #2100 of 2480 Old 03-13-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcbrink View Post

I have unlocked the DVR function in the service menu and bought a 16gb USB. How do I make DVR work? When I press the freeze button an error message comes up.

According to the owner's manual that I read for DVR function you have to use a hard drive usb device and it needs to be at least 40gb (I think) - going off memory. Search back in this thread - someone posted the link to the manual with dvr support.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lg Infinia 47lw6500 , Lg Infinia 47lw5600 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page