post #2101 of 2481 Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ywallet View Post

It fits a little loose for my TV... anybody else who can confirm this is universally true for this TV?

I noticed that the Wifi Dongle is a bit longer than the average USB stick so that itself seems to be a bit loose but not to the point of causing any issues. USB sticks fit perfectly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2481 Old 03-13-2012, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone know what that super resolution does and also is there anyway to relabel expert one and expert two to thx cinema/thx bright room?
post #2103 of 2481 Old 03-13-2012, 11:43 AM

I'm a bit peeved that I'm already having issues with this tvnand it's been less than a week. I would return to Amazon but they are all out now that they ate getting new models in soon. Tv now doesn't recognize either my ps3 nor 360 are plugged into it. Only thing that shows up is my cable box. I tested both devices and both hdmi cables. Any idea what is going on? I have an appt with a LG tech to come out but I'm still within my 30 day return window with amazon.
post #2104 of 2481 Old 03-13-2012, 04:53 PM

I have now succeeded in using the Service Menu Explorer (I didn't have wifi turned on on my Android cell phone) but it has caused a problem: the list of inputs has lost most of its choices. I can not longer select hdmi imputs or AV inputs because they are no longer on the list. My list of inputs only shows TV, USB 1 & 2, and DLNA network. How can I restore my full list of inputs?

I was careful to change only the few things labelled safe in the forum and have searched but can't find any place in the parts of the service menu I can now access where there is a place to turn on/off more inputs. So while I have not bricked it, I have access only to Youtube and LG programming but not the things I really want to watch. Any help will certainly be appreciated
Thank you.
post #2105 of 2481 Old 03-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewar View Post

...I was careful to change only the few things labelled safe in the forum...

I'm not sufficiently skilled in this subject to give you a ready-made solution, but I think others here can probably help. Please post a detailed list of the specific changes and settings/values you've made and describe how you exited the service menu and how you shut down the TV afterwards.
Can you post some photos of the various Option tables in the service menu area that would show us your current settings? As an example, take a look at the group of thumbnail photos in post #896 (perhaps on pg. 30) in this thread.

When in doubt, do the right thing.
post #2106 of 2481 Old 03-13-2012, 06:11 PM

Has anyone figured out how to fix the gaming input lag?!

I've tried the HDMI3, the PC label, and all the settings to OFF and Game Mode and I still have lag in MLB The Show for PS3 and Rock Band 3 for 360...

In fact my calibration setting for RB3 are 91vid/192aud....

I am a bit frustrated bc it's really hard to play timing based games with the lag...

Can anyone give me some insight on what they have done...
post #2107 of 2481 Old 03-13-2012, 06:26 PM

The browser is slow. You won't be using it much

post #2108 of 2481 Old 03-14-2012, 05:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLennerth View Post

I'm a bit peeved that I'm already having issues with this tvnand it's been less than a week. I would return to Amazon but they are all out now that they ate getting new models in soon. Tv now doesn't recognize either my ps3 nor 360 are plugged into it. Only thing that shows up is my cable box. I tested both devices and both hdmi cables. Any idea what is going on? I have an appt with a LG tech to come out but I'm still within my 30 day return window with amazon.

By chance have you tried scrolling upwards at the input screen? I've noticed that if I have a number of things turned on at the same time that the input menu will need to go to page 2 so you won't see everything you have on that page but if you scroll upwards I will bet you ps3 or 360 will be found there.
post #2109 of 2481 Old 03-14-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewar
...I was careful to change only the few things labelled safe in the forum...

I'm not sufficiently skilled in this subject to give you a ready-made solution, but I think others here can probably help. Please post a detailed list of the specific changes and settings/values you've made and describe how you exited the service menu and how you shut down the TV afterwards.
Can you post some photos of the various Option tables in the service menu area that would show us your current settings? As an example, take a look at the group of thumbnail photos in post #896 (perhaps on pg. 30) in this thread.

Sgooter, thanks for the response. I have now returned all the items to the way I found them but still have the greatly reduced list of input choices. You raise an interesting point, I didn't know there was anything to know about exiting the service menu. I just pushed the back button on my Android cell phone and got out of Service Menu Explorer. Then turned off the tv with the remote when I found the reuduced # of inputs. Have twice tried unplugging the TV for a minute and have gone through the initial setup (but not a hard reset of the TV.) Nothing has worked yet. Can't take any pix because I am in the middle of my 12 hr./day work week; but as I said, I think they are all back to the same. Again thanks for any help.
post #2110 of 2481 Old 03-14-2012, 10:23 AM

It seems like I have a
Ot of lag when playing Halo Reach. Can someone give me some tips on how to reduce this or possibly point me to a post where this has been explained?
post #2111 of 2481 Old 03-14-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:

It seems like I have a
Ot of lag when playing Halo Reach. Can someone give me some tips on how to reduce this or possibly point me to a post where this has been explained?

I would like to know this as well...

I play LOADS of timing based games like baseball, Rock Band, and FPS
post #2112 of 2481 Old 03-14-2012, 11:04 AM

I noticed that for some strange reason, if I have my Xbox or ps3 turned on before I turn the tv on it recognizes them. If I have the tv on then try to turn Xbox or ps3 on it doesn't recognize they're connected. Weird right? This is an every time occurrence. I must have the gaming devices turned on before tv or else I cannot access them. I was really worried and even have a service appt with LG. idk if I should still keep it or not now.
post #2113 of 2481 Old 03-14-2012, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Weird and too common. I have a similar issue in reverse with the Xbox in my setup (usually the sound will not be recognized as 5.1; in my previous setup [with different components] the resolution would not be correct on rare occasions). I usually power on and power off my HT system in some "safe" activity (Harmony Remote) like DirecTV or Blu-ray that luckily for me don't have HDMI handshake 'timing issues' in my current setup. I usually power on the system into the same activity I was in last as that seems to help too. Once everything is powered on and "warmed up", I can then switch to the Xbox 360 without any issues.
post #2114 of 2481 Old 03-14-2012, 03:20 PM

I have my 360 hooked up with hdmi and optical for sound. I have noticed quite a bit of gaming lag though. Is thre anyway to minimize/eliminate the lag? Will turning on true motion help this at all?
post #2115 of 2481 Old 03-14-2012, 10:06 PM

Found this and thought I'd share it

http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/3d-release-calendar
post #2116 of 2481 Old 03-15-2012, 07:15 AM

Is there any way to get surround sound if you are playing Amazon Prime movies via the app on the tv? I didn't hook up the tv for surround(if that even is possible). I only hooked up my cable box, 360, and PS3 for surround.
post #2117 of 2481 Old 03-15-2012, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Currently, using the TV's headphone jack cuts out the TV speakers.
Anyone know whether there's a setting somewhere, such as in the Service Menu - Options area, that would enable simultaneous use of the headphone jack and TV speakers?

When in doubt, do the right thing.
post #2118 of 2481 Old 03-15-2012, 11:57 AM

I am looking at the 65LW6500, but then saw news of the 65LM6200 coming out soon.

Technically they look like they are pretty close to the same thing. Only differences seem to be the remote control looks a bit different. The LM6200 comes with local dimming out of the box. But the forum posts on here says you can also set up local dimming on the LW6500. The 65LM6200 is less glossy than the 65LW6500. But since the 65LM6200 is going to be $1K more than the 65LW6500, I don't think these differences are worth the price premium.

Are there any other factors about the 65LM6200 that make it better than the 65LW6500? Is anyone else waiting for the LM6200 versus getting the LW6500 now for a cheaper price?

Thanks.
post #2119 of 2481 Old 03-15-2012, 11:57 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Is there any way to get surround sound if you are playing Amazon Prime movies via the app on the tv? I didn't hook up the tv for surround(if that even is possible). I only hooked up my cable box, 360, and PS3 for surround.

Connect the Optical out on the TV to your receiver. That should work. Also make sure to set your preferences in the Audio menu under setup. I get full surround sound thru my receiver when streaming movies from my PC to the TV.
post #2120 of 2481 Old 03-15-2012, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 449
yes, I get 7.2 simulated when playing Amazon Prime Videos; but, my receiver supports ARC (Auto Return Channel)

just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
post #2121 of 2481 Old 03-15-2012, 05:30 PM

Liked: 13
What is everyone else getting on the crosstalk test image on their tv's? Here are my results.

3d tv: LG 65LW6500
3D glasses model: ones that came with tv

Mode=THX 3D Cinema / Backlight=100 Contrast=90 Brightness=51

Left eye open/right closed -> top half screen smaller visible number -> 4
Left eye open/right closed -> bottom half screen smaller visible number -> 35
Right eye open/left closed -> top half screen smaller visible number -> nothing
Right eye open/left closed -> bottom half screen smaller visible number -> 3

That 35 killed the other good numbers. I tried 4 other glasses they all give the same 35 number. Is it something I should worry about? I don't really see any crosstalk at all. The only time I really noticed it was in the movie Despicable Me at the beginning with the big red Despicable Me title against the black background but I hear that that scene is noted for that.
post #2122 of 2481 Old 03-15-2012, 07:11 PM

I'm getting surround sound from Amazon Prime and Netflix... Using optical out to a RCA converter to my 10 year old kenwood system, which still kicks butt after all these years
post #2123 of 2481 Old 03-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthome View Post

I am looking at the 65LW6500, but then saw news of the 65LM6200 coming out soon.

Technically they look like they are pretty close to the same thing. Only differences seem to be the remote control looks a bit different. The LM6200 comes with local dimming out of the box. But the forum posts on here says you can also set up local dimming on the LW6500.

I'm not clear whay you mean by this. The LW6500's use local dimming "out of the box" as well -- you simply have to turn it on in the settings menu if you use a picture mode where it isn't on by default.

Am I just misunderstanding what you're saying here?

Thanks,

Larry
post #2124 of 2481 Old 03-16-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflysmasher View Post

I recently purchased the 55LW6500 from amazon and have had it for almost a week now.
I'm pleased with the video quality, though I notice all the film grain in the live action shows to seem more extreme than on my slightly older samsung tv.
my one big issue is the lag in gaming. I haven't tried any shooters yet but in Rock Band 3 I am getting at best 60ms of video lag and 180 of audio lag (input renamed to pc/ av mode on game/av sync set to the max of -5) I don't know if it's as severe as that in all my games, but I did feel slightly disconnected playing the new Sonic game as well..
everything is hooked up via HDMI right to the tv besides the sound system which is over optical (for reference the sound lag is as bad on the built in speakers as well)
Am I missing some crucial settings? I have a harmony one coming in the mail so I haven't had a chance to fiddle in the service menu yet.

I have the same issues you do...

I was able to get my vid lag down to 79ms but audio is at a robust 196ms from tv to Xbox....

WTF is causing such an awful audio lag?!
post #2125 of 2481 Old 03-17-2012, 12:04 AM

What does local dimming do and is is really worth the upgrade?
post #2126 of 2481 Old 03-17-2012, 01:01 AM

THe Auto setting for changing between Daylight Savings Time and Standard Time appears to be broken. My area switched to Daylight Time last weekend (as did most of the US). However the Auto setting maintains Standard TIme. Changing the setting to 'On' does the right thing, but what's the point of the Auto setting if it doesn't work?

Alan Forkosh
Oakland, CA USA
post #2127 of 2481 Old 03-17-2012, 08:51 AM

I got the reply from LG about solving gaming lag. I thought I'd share it.

* Thank you for contacting LG Electronics *
------Reply to Your Inquiry-------

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I am delighted to hear from you as our valued customer. I will be more than happy to assist you with your inquiry. We have to ways to solve that issue first I want you to try this.
What resolution is the game consol set on and what is the resolution of the game itself?
Are you using a High Speed HDMI CABLE?

To fix the LAG issue we can try changing the input label to “PC”. Ok follow these steps please.

1- Press INPUT to access the input sources.
2- Press the GREEN button.
3- Press the Navigation buttons to scroll to one of the input sources and choose PC.

If that does not work try this please.
1 Press Home to access the Home menu.
2 Press the Navigation buttons to scroll to SETUP and press ENTER.
3 Press the Navigation buttons to scroll to AUDIO and press ENTER.
4 Press the Navigation buttons to scroll to the setting or option you want and press ENTER. - To return to the previous level, press BACK.
-select AV sync.
-If the video and sound are not synced, you can adjust it manually.
»»(-) setting : Make audio output faster than the default.
»»(+) setting : Make audio output slower than the default.
5 When you are finished, press EXIT.

I hope this information is helpful, please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have any other inquiry. I will gladly assist you.

Thank you for contacting LG and please enjoy the rest of your day.
post #2128 of 2481 Old 03-17-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:

I got the reply from LG about solving gaming lag. I thought I'd share it.

* Thank you for contacting LG Electronics *
------Reply to Your Inquiry-------

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I am delighted to hear from you as our valued customer. I will be more than happy to assist you with your inquiry. We have to ways to solve that issue first I want you to try this.
What resolution is the game consol set on and what is the resolution of the game itself?
Are you using a High Speed HDMI CABLE?

To fix the LAG issue we can try changing the input label to "PC". Ok follow these steps please.

1- Press INPUT to access the input sources.
2- Press the GREEN button.
3- Press the Navigation buttons to scroll to one of the input sources and choose PC.

If that does not work try this please.
1 Press Home to access the Home menu.
2 Press the Navigation buttons to scroll to SETUP and press ENTER.
3 Press the Navigation buttons to scroll to AUDIO and press ENTER.
4 Press the Navigation buttons to scroll to the setting or option you want and press ENTER. - To return to the previous level, press BACK.
-select AV sync.
-If the video and sound are not synced, you can adjust it manually.
»»(-) setting : Make audio output faster than the default.
»»(+) setting : Make audio output slower than the default.
5 When you are finished, press EXIT.

I hope this information is helpful, please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have any other inquiry. I will gladly assist you.

Thank you for contacting LG and please enjoy the rest of your day.

So....????

Does that mean they want the av sync at +5 minus 5 or what?!

That post kinda just confused me more
post #2129 of 2481 Old 03-17-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves22 View Post

I have the same issues you do...

I was able to get my vid lag down to 79ms but audio is at a robust 196ms from tv to Xbox....

WTF is causing such an awful audio lag?!

Are the audio and video settings set to "Game" mode ?
post #2130 of 2481 Old 03-17-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornedbronco View Post

Are the audio and video settings set to "Game" mode ?

Yes...

And btw to follow up, I manually updated the firmware and it lowered the audio to a 125ms lag BUT then it raised the video back to a 96ms lag...

Strange goings on with this tv
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lg Infinia 47lw6500 , Lg Infinia 47lw5600 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page