post #2281 of 2480 Old 05-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott70 View Post

I know this is a LW6500 thread but I was able to get into the service menu of the 65LM6200 with the 0413 code but most of the options are greyed out including THX and THX 3d which are both set to off by default. Not sure how to "un-grey" them except maybe a different 4 digit pin meant for this year's model. How does it work in the LW6500? Do you just navigate as you would any other menus with the up/down/left/right and OK? Thanks guys!

From what I understand there is no know hack available to access those items just yet though in time I'm sure in time somebody will figure it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 2480 Old 05-04-2012, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCaron View Post

From what I understand there is no know hack available to access those items just yet though in time I'm sure in time somebody will figure it out.

I assume there is nothing that needs to be done after entering the 0413 in order to access the settings under the various "tool options" in the EZ Adjust service menu? When I get into it, only the tool options 1-7 are grayed out. I can get into them but I am stuck on an amber button with a 4 or 5 digit number depending on the tool option number. The frustrating part is that I can see that there are THX options to turn on just like with the LW6500 series but I can't get to them. AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!! I consulted with one of those answer sites and received an answer that I need to use a "service remote" which costs about $45. I am unsure if that will unlock the grayed out options, however, and I'd hate to spend that money on a remote that won't solve the problem either. I can also get into the In-Start menu by using the alternate codes in the service menu hack wiki and many other options are open there except, once again, the tool options settings! How frustrating. Oh well...guess I shoulda bought an LW6500 if I REALLY wanted to play with the service menu. DOH! Have a great weekend guys and thanks again for all the knowledge, even with the LM6200 some of it comes in handy.

Home Theater Addict, Techno Geek, IT Guy and Miami Sports fan!
Here is the breakdown:
post #2283 of 2480 Old 05-04-2012, 03:24 PM

Liked: 17
Seems to me that LG may have made service menu accessabilty harder in the LM series in an attempt to stop the hackers enabling features that were not meant to be enabled for certain countries.
The logic behind this escapes me but it seems for example, that AC3 pass through and dvr function are enabled by default on all 6500 series tv's sold in australia and new zealand and probably europe as well but not in the USA,why?.
As for the THX function this seems to be disabled on all of them,again,why?
We all know that DTS pass through is disabled in all countries except Korea cos they were too mean to pay the licencing fees.
I also suspect that the mainboard is the same for ALL LW series tv's and only the software makes them different which means,theoretically speaking, you could change a 5600 to 6500 by changes in the service menu which i guess would explain why the lm series is harder to access
post #2284 of 2480 Old 05-05-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post

Seems to me that LG may have made service menu accessabilty harder in the LM series in an attempt to stop the hackers enabling features that were not meant to be enabled for certain countries.
The logic behind this escapes me but it seems for example, that AC3 pass through and dvr function are enabled by default on all 6500 series tv's sold in australia and new zealand and probably europe as well but not in the USA,why?.
As for the THX function this seems to be disabled on all of them,again,why?
We all know that DTS pass through is disabled in all countries except Korea cos they were too mean to pay the licencing fees.
I also suspect that the mainboard is the same for ALL LW series tv's and only the software makes them different which means,theoretically speaking, you could change a 5600 to 6500 by changes in the service menu which i guess would explain why the lm series is harder to access

I appreciate the analysis but I'm sure there is a way to unlock those functions seeing as it's just as easy to get into the EZ adjust and In Start Service Menus on the LM as the LW. I was able to do so by using the same methods as outlined in this thread. I wonder if it requires a different 4 digit code to enter or some combination of key presses. Any input is welcome.

Here is the breakdown:
post #2285 of 2480 Old 05-05-2012, 05:33 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:

I appreciate the analysis but I'm sure there is a way to unlock those functions seeing as it's just as easy to get into the EZ adjust and In Start Service Menus on the LM as the LW. I was able to do so by using the same methods as outlined in this thread. I wonder if it requires a different 4 digit code to enter or some combination of key presses. Any input is welcome.

update: spoke to service agent;needs a different special remote for lm series maybe that is why everything is greyed out??
post #2286 of 2480 Old 05-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

Tried an experiment yestereday when I went to see the Avengers in IMAX Real 3d. I wasn't certain if the glasses for the LG TV would work in the theater so I put it to the test and I'm unhappy to say that the don't. I wear glasses and purchased the clip ons LG sells which are ideal and I was really hoping I could use them. Perhaps they would work for a non IMAX presentation but I doubt it.
post #2287 of 2480 Old 05-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
IMAX uses linear polarization; your TV uses circular. Real D is also circular; the glasses you have will work fine in those theaters, just not for IMAX. Many people bring home the glasses from Real D theaters to use for their passive TVs.
post #2288 of 2480 Old 05-06-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCaron View Post

Tried an experiment yestereday when I went to see the Avengers in IMAX Real 3d. I wasn't certain if the glasses for the LG TV would work in the theater so I put it to the test and I'm unhappy to say that the don't. I wear glasses and purchased the clip ons LG sells which are ideal and I was really hoping I could use them. Perhaps they would work for a non IMAX presentation but I doubt it.

They don't work - I've tried it with Lorax 3D in the cinema too...

I've read that RealD 3D glasses work with the LG (both being circular polarization), so I've also expected it to work conversely likewise.

Wonder what is the special sauce that RealD put into their projector / lenses that require RealD 3D glasses?
post #2289 of 2480 Old 05-06-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve P. View Post

IMAX uses linear polarization; your TV uses circular. Real D is also circular; the glasses you have will work fine in those theaters, just not for IMAX. Many people bring home the glasses from Real D theaters to use for their passive TVs.

Yeah, read about many people bringing home ReadD glasses to use with their LG TVs (unfortunately, they require glasses to be returned here in Singapore).

Haven't read about people bringing their LG glasses from home to the cinema yet though... until now... and I can also confirm that it doesn't work...
post #2290 of 2480 Old 05-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kun1he2 View Post

Yeah, read about many people bringing home ReadD glasses to use with their LG TVs (unfortunately, they require glasses to be returned here in Singapore).

Haven't read about people bringing their LG glasses from home to the cinema yet though... until now... and I can also confirm that it doesn't work...

The good news is aside from the size of the IMAX image versus my home set up the 3D results appear to be very close on these LG Tv's. I only mention this because Avengers was the first 3D movie I've seen in a Theater since I picked up my 6500 in March.
post #2291 of 2480 Old 05-07-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post

update: spoke to service agent;needs a different special remote for lm series maybe that is why everything is greyed out??

Maybe...thanks for the update! There is a $45 service remote that was recommended to me by a certified LG tech but that's the same thing they recommend for the LW6500 yet one can get into an "un-greyed" service menu on that model. I'm sure it took a bit for the LW6500 service menu hack specifics to get out there and I guess I'll just have to wait for it on the LM6200 as well.

EDIT: I went ahead and spent the $45 for the 105-201M Service Remote and I'll keep everyone posted on whether it worked or not...

Here is the breakdown:
post #2292 of 2480 Old 05-07-2012, 03:44 PM

"gooddad

Posts: 62 Brucewar did u by any chance change any default numbers under tool options in Ez adjust settings? If so that would definitely disable done of your inputs. I should know, I accidentally did it a couple weeks ago . Fortunately one of our forum members had taken photos of the default numbers in the service menu .... Hope it helps

image-3338506803.jpg

image-1529888349.jpg

image-609355120.jpg "

Goddad, Sorry to be slow in responding. Thanks for the answer. I actually did unknowingly enter a change and threw things off. I had managed to find pix here on the forum of the correct entries and fixed things. The TV is working fine!
Brucewar
post #2293 of 2480 Old 05-08-2012, 10:40 AM

Just got the 65" LW6500 a few weeks ago off Amazon for about $2400. Really loving it. Even out of the box the picture looks great. About the only thing I really dislike is how reflective the screen is. All our lights are in the ceiling, so its not bad at night. But during the daytime when sun light fills the room, its pretty noticeable when the screen is dark.

The 65" LM6200 model was $3000 when I got my 6500. Didn't want to pay the extra $600 for basically the same tv. I saw the 6200 at a Fry's. And while it is still reflective, it has a bit of a matte to the screen so its not as bad as the 6500. Over the weekend the 6200 dropped in price to $2600. That's a $1000 drop in price since it came out a little over a month ago. Now that the price difference is just about $200, I'm wondering if I should go through the hassle of returning the 6500 and getting the 6200.

Any thoughts?
post #2294 of 2480 Old 05-08-2012, 10:56 AM

I sure wish I could give you a definitive answer to that question Sean. Although I LOVE my 65LM6200 I have not owned a 6500. I did see one on the floor at Best Buy but it was only showing 2d HD via component and it looked on par with the 6200 but it's hard to say as I only saw it for a few minutes and I was never able to test out 3d or 2d to 3d to see how they stack up. There are some differences on paper that I thought were worth a couple hundred dollars or so and so I went into my negotiations with HH Gregg with a price point in mind that I would not exceed which was around $2500. I ended up $50 under my max price for the LM6200 so I went with it. I figured the newer model should be a safe bet since they probably learned a thing or two from the LW6500 in terms of what minor issues needed to be addressed such as game lag, Dolby Digital passthru, etc. The LM6200 does come with DD passthru turned on by default, something that had to be turned on in the service menu of the LW6500 and the game mode does seem to eliminate lag based on a few reports and my own experiences. I have yet to be able to precisely measure lag but it's not noticeable to me in gaming from what I can tell. I play Red Dead Redemption and NBA2k12 on PS3. If you are still within your return window and you feel up to it, go ahead and swap them. My wife and I absolutely LOVE the 6200 and there are a ton of happy 6500 owners so I don't think you can go wrong with either decision. I would have been fine with either set but events transpired that compelled me to get the 6200...happy deciding!

Here is the breakdown:
post #2295 of 2480 Old 05-08-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:

I sure wish I could give you a definitive answer to that question Sean. Although I LOVE my 65LM6200 I have not owned a 6500. I did see one on the floor at Best Buy but it was only showing 2d HD via component and it looked on par with the 6200 but it's hard to say as I only saw it for a few minutes and I was never able to test out 3d or 2d to 3d to see how they stack up. There are some differences on paper that I thought were worth a couple hundred dollars or so and so I went into my negotiations with HH Gregg with a price point in mind that I would not exceed which was around $2500. I ended up $50 under my max price for the LM6200 so I went with it. I figured the newer model should be a safe bet since they probably learned a thing or two from the LW6500 in terms of what minor issues needed to be addressed such as game lag, Dolby Digital passthru, etc. The LM6200 does come with DD passthru turned on by default, something that had to be turned on in the service menu of the LW6500 and the game mode does seem to eliminate lag based on a few reports and my own experiences. I have yet to be able to precisely measure lag but it's not noticeable to me in gaming from what I can tell. I play Red Dead Redemption and NBA2k12 on PS3. If you are still within your return window and you feel up to it, go ahead and swap them. My wife and I absolutely LOVE the 6200 and there are a ton of happy 6500 owners so I don't think you can go wrong with either decision. I would have been fine with either set but events transpired that compelled me to get the 6200...happy deciding!

Many people have reported not being able to enable THX settings etc using existing code for 6500 and LG has advised a special service remote is required - you might want to wait for feedback on how well that worked out if these features are important for you.
post #2296 of 2480 Old 05-08-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywallet View Post

Many people have reported not being able to enable THX settings etc using existing code for 6500 and LG has advised a special service remote is required - you might want to wait for feedback on how well that worked out if these features are important for you.

Were you replying to me or Sean? If you read above, you'll notice I already bought the service remote and am waiting for it to arrive. Once I receive it, I'll post results. If it works, I'll see about learning commands from it into my Logitech Harmony 880 in an attempt to share it.

Here is the breakdown:
post #2297 of 2480 Old 05-08-2012, 04:33 PM

Liked: 13
Has anyone loaded this update yet? If so did they fix the app issues and the slow menu response.
post #2298 of 2480 Old 05-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred96ws6 View Post

Has anyone loaded this update yet? If so did they fix the app issues and the slow menu response.

Yes they did. I think that issue is what this update was for but not positive. I assumed since the point release was not a big jump - .01 to .02
post #2299 of 2480 Old 05-08-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:

Were you replying to me or Sean? If you read above, you'll notice I already bought the service remote and am waiting for it to arrive. Once I receive it, I'll post results. If it works, I'll see about learning commands from it into my Logitech Harmony 880 in an attempt to share it.

Ah... I was adding info for Sean... I was referring to you when I mentioned @ service remote. I think Sean will be better informed based on your finding @ the remote and menu options you unlock.
post #2300 of 2480 Old 05-09-2012, 06:02 AM

so i am about to order a 47lw6500, my question is that i also have an LG AN-WL100W (wireless HDMI) that i am hoping will work with the TV. Pretty sure it will. Let me know if im wrong. I know that the Wireless HDMI only supports 2D, but with the TV being able to do 2D to 3D conversion, can i use the Wireless HDMI then still be able to watch stuff in 3D?

Im new to the forum and tried searching, but couldnt find anything about this particular question. any help would be awesome.

thanks!
post #2301 of 2480 Old 05-09-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywallet View Post

Ah... I was adding info for Sean... I was referring to you when I mentioned @ service remote. I think Sean will be better informed based on your finding @ the remote and menu options you unlock.

I sure hope so...all us LM6200 owners should be able to enjoy service menu nirvana too! LOL

Here is the breakdown:
post #2302 of 2480 Old 05-09-2012, 06:53 AM

Hey LW6500 owners, I have a question...I picked up Disney's WOW calibration Blu-ray disc and I must say it's pretty extensive and useful. I dialed in the picture using Game mode to do the initial calibration due to my using a PS3 and that's what I'll keep it on for gaming purposes. Seems to work for watching Blu-rays as well. In case you aren't aware, I discovered during the overscan test that the 16:9 aspect ratio on my 65LM6200 is actually scaling the picture and there is a 4% overscan as a result. Overscan will cause a slight degradation of image quality. I switched to "Just Scan" and it resolved the scaling so I now have a full 1920x1080 picture with no scaling or overscan. I was able to verify the scaling with some test patterns that revealed major scaling artifacts when in 16:9. Do any of you LW6500 owners have this calibration disc and if so, have you run into this as well?

John

Here is the breakdown:
post #2303 of 2480 Old 05-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Just a suggestion to really make these LW6500's stand out even more. Bias lighting!

Attachment 246443
LL
post #2304 of 2480 Old 05-13-2012, 10:10 AM

Quick question. Does the new line of LM sets support flash? I have a 55lw6500 but needless to say it doesn't support flash.. Also what are the chances that LG will include flash in their LW series firmware updates in the the near future. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?
post #2305 of 2480 Old 05-13-2012, 01:17 PM

for those owner's of the 65lw6500 is it possible to connect old school analog stereo systems to the RCA inputs in the back of this tv?? i have this tv and was trying to set this up with no success, just wondering if maybe there is a menu item that i have to enable or something to disable while connecting these RCA audio inputs?? any help would be great!
post #2306 of 2480 Old 05-13-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinclouds View Post

for those owner's of the 65lw6500 is it possible to connect old school analog stereo systems to the RCA inputs in the back of this tv?? i have this tv and was trying to set this up with no success, just wondering if maybe there is a menu item that i have to enable or something to disable while connecting these RCA audio inputs?? any help would be great!

Use a headphone to RCA SPLITTER. They can be bought at RS
post #2307 of 2480 Old 05-15-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooddad View Post

Quick question. Does the new line of LM sets support flash? I have a 55lw6500 but needless to say it doesn't support flash.. Also what are the chances that LG will include flash in their LW series firmware updates in the the near future. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Yes the LM6200 series does support current Flash content. And no, there will not be a firmware update for the LW6500 sets that will update Flash functionality. I thought it would make sense if there were but LG support said there are no plans to update Flash via firmware and that it couldn't be done. I find it very annoying that LG just leaves LW6500 owners out in the cold on this. I am not impressed with LG support thus far.

Here is the breakdown:
post #2308 of 2480 Old 05-15-2012, 06:27 AM

I have received the 105-201M service remote and it does the same thing as my Harmony 880 programmed with the service menu access codes outlined earlier in this thread in the wiki on the subject. It still prompts for a password and the tool option menu entries are available but when you go into them, the options are all grayed out. There is a gold button on the screen with a 4 or 5 digit number. I assume for the LW6500 sets those options are just there and you can scroll down to them without doing anything extra?

Here is the breakdown:
post #2309 of 2480 Old 05-15-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:

Yes the LM6200 series does support current Flash content. And no, there will not be a firmware update for the LW6500 sets that will update Flash functionality. I thought it would make sense if there were but LG support said there are no plans to update Flash via firmware and that it couldn't be done. I find it very annoying that LG just leaves LW6500 owners out in the cold on this. I am not impressed with LG support thus far.

Thanks jscott70. Yes it does suck that owners of the LW series just missed out on flash capabilities. If LG made them backwards compatible for flash they would be losing out on those who have to purchase the LM line to get flash..I guess I'll wait it out because my LW6500 is 6 months old and as much as I would like to I'm not going to pony up for a LM set..
post #2310 of 2480 Old 05-16-2012, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooddad View Post

Thanks jscott70. Yes it does suck that owners of the LW series just missed out on flash capabilities. If LG made them backwards compatible for flash they would be losing out on those who have to purchase the LM line to get flash..I guess I'll wait it out because my LW6500 is 6 months old and as much as I would like to I'm not going to pony up for a LM set..

No problem. I thought the LW6500 series supported Flash 8 which obviously doesn't help much. Does it not support Flash at all?

Here is the breakdown:
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lg Infinia 47lw6500 , Lg Infinia 47lw5600 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page