LG PASSIVE LW6500 dedicated thread... - Page 83 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2461 of 2481 Old 04-02-2013, 05:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks,... my true motion was set to high (7) ... so I've set it to off,... and we'll see how that looks.

Much appreciated!

Take Care
Allen
---------------------------
LG 65LW6500, Popcorn Hour A-300 runnning YAMJ/Eversion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2462 of 2481 Old 05-16-2013, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A new update was there this morning. Not sure what it fixed but went smooth and panel functions as before.
post #2463 of 2481 Old 05-16-2013, 07:30 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCaron View Post

A new update was there this morning. Not sure what it fixed but went smooth and panel functions as before.

I noticed it this morning also. Did the update and didn't notice anything different. Still no Flash Player update so I consider it a worthless update!mad.gif
post #2464 of 2481 Old 05-20-2013, 11:15 AM

I just got the update 05.00.12 for my 55LW6500 , but not sure what it is
post #2465 of 2481 Old 05-20-2013, 02:23 PM

Just had the panel replaced in my 55LW6500 as it had a few dead/stuck pixels in the center and a strange dark shadow line near the center. Perfect now. Even the light bleed on the corners is much better. TV still impresses me every time I use it.
post #2466 of 2481 Old 05-24-2013, 09:18 AM

Liked: 38
I should update you all about the intermittent thin red vertical line on my 65LW6500. It would appear some variable time after the TV warmed up. If you recall, I was able to make it stop by putting slight pressure on the rear of the set at the bottom of the line (the set was wall-mounted and tilted down). The line was a couple inches from the right side, facing the set.

I did some research and it seemed likely that it was TAB bond failure. It's a solder-less connection between a data cable and the panel. I even saw a few videos illustrating the problem on YouTube.

First of all, I'm sorry I don't have any pictures, but my wife had the camera that day.

Anyway, I took the TV down and laid it flat on the carpet. Removed the back, then attached the stand and stood it up. Then removed the bezel. Under the bezel are four metal angle bars, one each for top, bottom, sides. I removed the top and right side one before realizing that if I removed any more, the panel would fall out.

So I screwed the top one back on, since the data cables were not at top or right side.. The side angles wrap around top and bottom, overlapping the horizontal members. Anyway, removing just the right side angle reveals the rightmost data cable at the bottom. Very thin and gold colored. At this time I took off the bottom, just to see the other cables. There are 12 of them, each evidently passing data for 165 vertical lines of pixels. It looked to me that the rightmost cable was slightly longer than the others, and had a little crease in it, probably from the bezel pressing on the over-long cable.

I put the bottom angle back on for safety's sake, and turned on the TV. Then hooked up and turned on an external drive with MKVs, and played one.

Here's the thing: Just like in one of the YouTube vids I saw, putting a little pressure on the suspect cable (with the non-conductive handle end of a screwdriver) caused the vertical red line to appear. So, again as in the video, I made a little pad out of electrical tape and placed it behind the cable, just below where it connects to the panel and directly behind the crease in the cable. There's a narrow space there. Now, pressing against the cable did *not* make the line appear. Fingers crossed, I re-assembled the TV. I ran it constantly all weekend and it was fine.

The TV has been running with no problems whatsoever for a few weeks now. It is now in the living room (not wall-mounted). I confess the mirror-like screen finally annoyed me enough to put a 70" matte-screen Sharp in my HT. (My wife is much less annoyed by the mirror screen, and the lighting there is less conducive to reflections).

Anyway, there you are. I'd call this a band-aid rather than a repair, although from what I've been able to gather, in many cases it seems to be a permanent fix. Actual TAB bond repairs are so expensive it makes more sense to just replace the panel.
post #2467 of 2481 Old 05-26-2013, 04:31 PM

Hi,

I am struggling with my TV lately. I have configured it with static IP for 5g network, and streaming from tplink router I got last 'hansel and gretel' 3d movie - so, in all action scenes 3d payback 'freezes', like it pauses with audio suppressed, then continues. it is definitely not network, also newer LM6200 TV shows same movie flawlessly with no hiccups. what could be a culprit? too high FPS in the movie itself? or audio? is there anything that can be adjusted in menu settings? I tried to play with all I know but to no difference.
post #2468 of 2481 Old 07-06-2013, 09:27 AM

Hello all:

I'm wondering if anyone has discovered what the data rate threshold is on the set?

I seeing that at around 10 Mbps, the set starts to stutter on playback. Anyone else seen this?

~Michael
post #2469 of 2481 Old 07-08-2013, 06:36 PM

Is this the largest passive 3D set available right now besides the Vizio? I think they have one of the same size. Just curious. I am thinking of getting one of these because I want passive and need to replace my old Mits.

Wash:"This landing is gonna get pretty interesting."

Mal:"Define "interesting."

Wash:"Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?!"

Kaylee:"Goin' on a year now I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries!

Mal:"Oh, God! I can't *know* that!"

Jayne:"I could stand to hear a little more."

post #2470 of 2481 Old 07-09-2013, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
No, LG and Sony make 84" 4K passive 3D sets and they are expensive but great.
post #2471 of 2481 Old 07-10-2013, 02:59 PM

I should have clarified. I meant besides those ultra expensive 4Ks. Sorry.

Wash:"This landing is gonna get pretty interesting."

Mal:"Define "interesting."

Wash:"Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?!"

Kaylee:"Goin' on a year now I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries!

Mal:"Oh, God! I can't *know* that!"

Jayne:"I could stand to hear a little more."

post #2472 of 2481 Old 08-05-2013, 07:35 AM

I am not sure anyone here has the same problem as myself.

Previously my LG 47LW6500 is working fine.

But today I just unable to turn it on. When I try turning it on, the power indicator on the bottom right of the TV is power on (I think with the clicking sound as well). I can even press the touch screen (also located at the bottom right of the TV), but just nothing happen to the TV itself.

What should I do?
post #2473 of 2481 Old 08-18-2013, 06:12 PM

Quick question - had my 55LW6500 for two years now and it's still having a very minor issue that is an annoyance when it happens. On some blu-rays during a dark scene, the screen often jumps to a brighter picture, dims again, and can jump back and forth. Seems to happen when there is a change in the amount of light on-screen. Bit of extra light on-screen, and the entire screen seems to brighten up (even areas of a scene that should not be "brightened"). I hope this explains the issue enough. Minor annoyance, but would love a solution if this is a fix-able issue. Thanks!
post #2474 of 2481 Old 08-19-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshcalc View Post

Quick question - had my 55LW6500 for two years now and it's still having a very minor issue that is an annoyance when it happens. On some blu-rays during a dark scene, the screen often jumps to a brighter picture, dims again, and can jump back and forth. Seems to happen when there is a change in the amount of light on-screen. Bit of extra light on-screen, and the entire screen seems to brighten up (even areas of a scene that should not be "brightened"). I hope this explains the issue enough. Minor annoyance, but would love a solution if this is a fix-able issue. Thanks!

That sounds like it might be the Energy Saving setting, which is on by default. Make sure it's turned off in Picture Settings.

From the manual: "When you first set up your TV, it ships in the Intelligent Sensor mode. You may notice a fluctuation in the screen brightness as room light conditions change."

Now that I think about it, I recall turning it off the first day I had mine, since brightness would fluctuate even when room lighting did *not* change.
post #2475 of 2481 Old 08-20-2013, 12:47 PM

Thanks - I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Another quick one - no doubt already covered elsewhere so my apologies. When my 55LW6500 screen is completely black, there is some white "leakage" for lack of a better term around the edges of the screen. Is this a known issue, and is there a fix? Thanks again!
post #2476 of 2481 Old 08-20-2013, 03:44 PM

Yeah, many (most?) edge-lit LED/LCDs exhibit that sort of clouding/flashlighting, to a greater or lesser degree. You shouldn't notice during normal viewing. (I can, just barely, if viewing very dark content. Like, say, the last chapter of Zero Dark Thirty, and I'm looking hard for it. My wife can't see it.) If you can readily see it in normal viewing, that would be unacceptable, IMO.
post #2477 of 2481 Old 09-12-2013, 03:57 PM

My 55lw6500 won't see all my movies on my go flex home(nas), but my lg bd690 does.
I have tried resetting the dlna database in the go flex home. also my other devices see all movies
just fine. I have no idea what caused the tv to stop seeing all my movies, because it use to.
I'm also on the latest firmware for the tv 05.00.12
Any ideas?
post #2478 of 2481 Old 09-12-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshcalc View Post

Thanks - I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Another quick one - no doubt already covered elsewhere so my apologies. When my 55LW6500 screen is completely black, there is some white "leakage" for lack of a better term around the edges of the screen. Is this a known issue, and is there a fix? Thanks again!

Mine had that really bad... especially in the 4 corners. I tried everything to fix it that was mentioned on this forum... I ended up needing the panel replaced and the new panel has much better uniformity.
post #2479 of 2481 Old 09-14-2013, 01:56 AM

Hi everyone.

I'm very upset by the EZ Settings now... I just managed to reset my White Balance values in there - which of course didn't match the original value.
I didn't write down the values before playing with this, and now I'm getting a feeling that I've broken things really bad :-(

Would anyone please write up the original White Balance settings (Cool, Medium, Warm) for this TV? My model is 47LW650W (European Version) - but I'm sure it's the same panel as the LW6500.

These are the values I need:

R-Gain
G-Gain
B-Gain
R-Cut
G-Cut
B-Cut

THANKS IN ADVANCE. I'll be delightful if anyone can help me with this - will save my TV.
post #2480 of 2481 Old 01-08-2014, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Netflix has been flaky since the 5.1x round of firmwares.

Is anyone else continuing to have a problem with Netflix? It's been so long since I tried that I forget the error code. It's a common LG code and basically says the selected title can't be played.
Then I have to deactivate the account. Do the 'Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up" etc on the remote to clear out Netflix. Then reactivate.

Then I'm good for a couple of weeks.

Anyone else have consistent problems or have found a more permanent solution?

Bob
post #2481 of 2481 Old 08-24-2014, 05:46 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcrane View Post
Netflix has been flaky since the 5.1x round of firmwares.

Is anyone else continuing to have a problem with Netflix? It's been so long since I tried that I forget the error code. It's a common LG code and basically says the selected title can't be played.
Then I have to deactivate the account. Do the 'Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up" etc on the remote to clear out Netflix. Then reactivate.

Then I'm good for a couple of weeks.

Anyone else have consistent problems or have found a more permanent solution?
I just turn my tv off and on, that works for a while.
Never again will I buy another LG tv. Its been years and the firmware is still full of bugs!
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lg Infinia 47lw6500 , Lg Infinia 47lw5600 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page