Settings for Optoma HD66 and 3D-XL - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-21-2011, 04:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What are the best settings for Optoma HD66?
I use it with 3D-XL and can't really see those pop-out effects... it's good, but now good as other people are saying... I'm afraid that I'm not having the best settings and any help will be more than welcome!
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-21-2011, 05:43 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihajlonet View Post

What are the best settings for Optoma HD66?
I use it with 3D-XL and can't really see those pop-out effects... it's good, but now good as other people are saying... I'm afraid that I'm not having the best settings and any help will be more than welcome!
Thanks

I think the issue is the software (films & games) and not the set-up. As lots of folks have mentioned, the trend these days seems to be away from having things pop out and fly into your face (which is a shame IMO). The last few films I've watched, Step Up 3D, Saw 3D, and Resident Evil Afterlife generally seem to stop short of really flying out into your face (I hope this isn't a precautionary measure by the studios to prevent gripes from those who have crosstalk issues on their displays).

What titles have you tried out?

If you have a PS3, Superstardust hd is a great game to demo. When your ship blows up, it explodes out of the screen. Despicable Me has some good pop out stuff in the credits as I recall, and Warners' two IMAX Sea Blu-Rays have some moments where the fish extend beyond the screen. I'm sure there are other examples out there...

One of the best pop out examples I've found is an old field sequential dvd, IMAX SOS Planet. There are a few scenes that even in lower resolution seem to float far out of the screen. I think it may be playing on some of the on-demand or 3D channels, but it has no Blu-Ray 3D release as yet.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-21-2011, 06:36 AM

Liked: 10
If you have a XBOX360 the indie game " 3D Infinity" has allot of pop-out (from what i've been told)
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page