Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 343 Old 07-31-2012, 08:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixolydian12 View Post

So after a 3 month relationship with this TV, Toshiba is taking it back and replacing it with a 47L7200u.
The bezel of the tv popped off, and it suffered from an annoying flicker that seems like a fairly widespread problem. Since the bezel was back-ordered for 3 months, Toshiba agreed to replace the TV with either a refurbished 47TL515u or the new 47L7200u. I opted for the new model even though I couldn't find a lot of reviews because the flicker problem sounds as if it won't be resolved by Toshiba.
I hope the new model has less problems.

That sucks. How is the world did the bezel just pop off? were you moving it or something?

SO I'm curios as to what everyonje is talkig about in regards to the "Flickering" issue... What is it and when does it typically happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 343 Old 07-31-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post

That sucks. How is the world did the bezel just pop off? were you moving it or something?
SO I'm curios as to what everyonje is talkig about in regards to the "Flickering" issue... What is it and when does it typically happen?

The top left corner of the bezel became detached from the screen. It was mounted on my wall, and one day I looked at it and realized it had separated about 1/2 inch from the actual screen. Honestly, Toshiba probably could have sent someone with a screwdriver to come and fix it. They insisted that a new bezel needed to be ordered, and that part was back-ordered for a couple months.

The flickering I saw was a very quick, subtle flicker from a normal picture to an all black screen (not the "local dimming" at work). Sometimes it would do it 2-3 times in a row. I noticed it most when watching blu-ray and netflix movies through my PS3 (probably since that requires 2 hours of straight TV watching), and it would happen a few times intermittently during the course of a film. It didn't make it unwatchable, just annoying.

I don't think it's HDMI related because the TV usually displays its on-screen information when it loses and regains an HDMI connection.
post #333 of 343 Old 07-31-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:

The top left corner of the bezel became detached from the screen. It was mounted on my wall, and one day I looked at it and realized it had separated about 1/2 inch from the actual screen. Honestly, Toshiba probably could have sent someone with a screwdriver to come and fix it. They insisted that a new bezel needed to be ordered, and that part was back-ordered for a couple months.
The flickering I saw was a very quick, subtle flicker from a normal picture to an all black screen (not the "local dimming" at work). Sometimes it would do it 2-3 times in a row. I noticed it most when watching blu-ray and netflix movies through my PS3 (probably since that requires 2 hours of straight TV watching), and it would happen a few times intermittently during the course of a film. It didn't make it unwatchable, just annoying.
I don't think it's HDMI related because the TV usually displays its on-screen information when it loses and regains an HDMI connection.

Interesting... I have that same issue and it kept bouncing around in the back of my mind. So, should I take this issue to toshiba and my reapir center?
post #334 of 343 Old 08-01-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post

Interesting... I have that same issue and it kept bouncing around in the back of my mind. So, should I take this issue to toshiba and my reapir center?

If it's driving you crazy and still under warranty, then a phone call to Toshiba wouldn't hurt. It might be worthwhile finding out if anyone has successfully resolved this issue though. Toshiba will probably want to replace the mainboard, and I am unsure whether that actually resolves the issue.
post #335 of 343 Old 08-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

If it's driving you crazy and still under warranty, then a phone call to Toshiba wouldn't hurt. It might be worthwhile finding out if anyone has successfully resolved this issue though. Toshiba will probably want to replace the mainboard, and I am unsure whether that actually resolves the issue.

How are you guys trying to troubleshoot this ? Have you tried different HDMI cables, different input to the TV (1080 vs 720p), did you disable all automatic image enhancements settings ?
post #336 of 343 Old 08-03-2012, 01:11 PM

I didn't go crazy troubleshooting since Toshiba is replacing the TV. However, I had the same flicker using my PS3 and from my cable box. Each is connected via HDMI using different brand cables. I most often used the TV with the Dynalight setting "on", but I did not really study whether it happened with the setting "off." I always had the auto contrast setting off.
post #337 of 343 Old 09-16-2012, 07:27 PM

So for the past couple of weeks my television has decided to act up, after 5mins or so the tv would stop responding to the remote, Netflix would freeze or shut the television off and the television would have "flickers." I was surprised to find that my television apparently auto updates, which is definitely not a selling point with this set. It went ahead and updated to 2.2.2 which I'm guessing has to be corrupt as the only way to fix the problems I was having, was to update to 2.2.3. Everything seems to be working now, except it had a small hiccup today where I went to watch something on netflix and the tv just rebooted itself (something my wife told me did happen every blue moon or so -- so it's normal I guess).

I can't seem to find a way to turn off auto updates, maybe I'm just missing it, but does anyone know a way? As I would personally be okay with what I have now. -- Really don't need a $1200 paperweight.
post #338 of 343 Old 10-25-2012, 11:09 AM

I'm having audio syncing issues when watching AVATAR 3D..Seems the disc is forcing a 1920 x 2205 FHD3D signal to the tv and its not handling it correctly..Anyone else having same problem or would you test it on your tv?
post #339 of 343 Old 10-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoejgde View Post

I'm having audio syncing issues when watching AVATAR 3D..Seems the disc is forcing a 1920 x 2205 FHD3D signal to the tv and its not handling it correctly..Anyone else having same problem or would you test it on your tv?

Do you have the latest firmware ?
post #340 of 343 Old 10-25-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aasoror View Post

Do you have the latest firmware ?

Yes tv and PS3 is on the latest firmware...And at first i thought this issue was caused by my PS3,but after testing it on my friends PS3 on my tv it has the same issue.
post #341 of 343 Old 11-23-2012, 07:52 PM

Can someone check if it does the same on your tv?
post #342 of 343 Old 11-29-2012, 08:37 PM

Sorry to triple post but i wanted to say that i sold this crappy tv and i'm going to buy an LG 3D tv. smile.gif
post #343 of 343 Old 04-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Advanced Member

If anyone still monitoring this thread, and is using the smart features of the TV.
Toshiba released version 2.2.5 few months back, it brings updated YT and Netflix modules.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3020561

Best of luck,
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Toshiba , 3d Hdtv

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page