Join Date: May 2010
Location: Murrysville, PA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
O.k., here is my brief review of the 240Hz passive TV.
First the negatives:
1. One on the largest bases I have seen for any 55" TV; not necessary but the screen
tilts from side to side very easily.
2. When a gray screen is present I have noticed the usual light and dark areas
associated with all LED/LCD TV's ( I have not tried to reduce the back light option
which may help). However, it is not noticeable when watching any program material.
While watching a letterboxed DVD there was NOT any light bleed in the corners.
3. If you stand above the screen you lose the 3D image. This is also true of the LG
passive set. I was sitting at eye level approximately 4' from the screen; the 3D image was perfect.
Now for the positives:
1. Very sturdy back lit remote.
2. Excellent bright 3D picture; no ghosting. I was even able to increase the brightness
and contrast while in the 3D mode.
3. I was able to play a 3D video games for hours with NO eye strain or fatigue.
4. I did not notice any game lag either with the PS3 or computer games and this was
in the standard mode; didn't even try the "game" mode.
5. The 3D image is adjustable as far as depth is concerned but I have let it stand at
the default position.
6. There is an excellent amount of pop to the 3D picture which I feel exceeds my
Panasonic 3D plasma.
7. While in the 3D mode, watching a 3D DVD (wrong term) I didn't not notice a drop in resolution and I was sitting 4' from the screen.
I would rate this Toshiba 3D passive set a "buy". If it would have been available last year when I purchased an "active" set, I would have bought it instead. Also includes 4 pair of passive glassed. My active
XpanD 103's are already malfunctioning.
Any questions, please advise.