E3D420VX ccfl backlighting uniformity? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-28-2011, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got a E3D420VX visio and notice there are 3 hardly noticeable slightly darker vertical lines in the middle part of the tv, it isn't a issue in 2d but in 3d it is more noticeable on light backgrounds while panning. Just want to know if it's normal for this set or if it could be a slight defect.

I plan on posting reviews on this set next week, I don't want to review this if it is a defect. I'm not a perfectionist and can live with it but I want to let those who want perfect uniformity know about this.

I posted a pic with arrows pointing it out its just a barely noticeable vertical drop in brightness cell camera hardly picked it up.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...528102139.jpg/

Back to 3D Gran Turismo, Love how the 3d immerses you when you get near or bump other cars!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I too have noticed a slight banding effect on my 47", only on panning scenes as you mentioned. Although I'm not thrilled about it, it is a common phenomenon on many LCD sets. Thankfully the other positive qualities of the set far outweigh this slightly distracting effect.

My Theater Gallery
Xbox Live gamertag: Ikari Warrior
Playstation Network ID: IkariWarrior
post #3 of 4 Old 05-28-2011, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks,

The reason I noticed it in 3d is that when 3d content is moving the 2d bands stay in place at a fixed focus point from the rest of the 3d content so you notice them more like having a nearly invisible curtain over the screen.

Not a concern now that I'm used to it. Not a problem for those that want a great tv at a low price.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-03-2012, 11:20 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocke86 View Post

Thanks,

The reason I noticed it in 3d is that when 3d content is moving the 2d bands stay in place at a fixed focus point from the rest of the 3d content so you notice them more like having a nearly invisible curtain over the screen.

Not a concern now that I'm used to it. Not a problem for those that want a great tv at a low price.

I bought one of these on Ebay from gamevolution, aka EZK Liquidators, I sent it back 3 times, all had the vertical banding. Some a bit different than others. I finally just kept one after sending two back. I even posted a video showing my bands here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0GQeiNEjVE
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page