I got this monitor yesterday basically out of frustration my Acer LR274H did not got received. Would like so share my experiences and also summarize the great tips already received from other users in this thread.
Just for info I am comparing this screen against Sony Vaio VPCF219 3D(active) and Dell U2410 IPS (for 2D ofcourse).
First of all, all the things you need to do/make sure:
1. Install latest Tridef and monitor drivers
2. Install the ICC profile
3. Get the correct LG Monitor 3D glasses. I was also provided with the wrong one.
4. Put your monitor settings on R-L mode in the 3D menu. This will prevent having a blurred screen in 2D.
My impresssions 3D:
1. The screen brightness is 2-3 brighter than the Sony. With the Sony it looks like you are in a dark cinema. I also have the 55" HX800, which I also find dark. The LG is extreme bright and I set my brightness to 70/100. Basically this was the main reason that I bought the LG because I wanted to be able to see proper 3D in daylight.
2. The screen shows horizontal black lines as this is probably related to the passive screen and also shows some horizontal black lines during extreme panning.
3. The screen resolution is not as sharp compared to the Sony 3D screen. Comparision is watching full HD blu ray versus interlaced MTS files from the TD10.
4. With the above brightness I only found out that movies I have editted so far recorded with TD10 look like SOAPS. Colour wise then, maybe I will need to redo them.
5. Somehow viewing this screen creates a pressure on my eyeballs. I never had this before with active glasses.
Comparison to 2D Dell:
1. Overal the resolution and sharpness is good. The monitor is as easily on par with any other 2D monitor.
2. Compared to the Dell IPS panel, the LG cannot match the vibrant colours and wide angle usages. E.g. for photoshop etc. So I will keep my IPS and use this as a dual monitor setup.
In general I am very happy with the LG ans this monitor enables me to preview editing in Vegas quickly and with correct brightness.