LG D2342P 23" Passive 3D LED LCD Monitor - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 260 Old 03-03-2012, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone else discovered other glasses besides the zalman that work? I don't want to spend $20+ on glasses?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 260 Old 03-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Gae

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgmun5000 View Post

Well I am not having any luck at all. The merchant does not want to take the TV back even though its recently purchased. LG insists that they sent the right glasses and want me to send the monitor in for repair. I normally buy from Amazon which have been great on returns and customer service but this merchant had a great price for the monitor. So I guess I can either send the monitor in or another option is to file a dispute with my credit card (which I really hate doing).

I had this with a particular merchant who will remain anonymous. How long have you had it? You have statutory rights although its different from country to country. There is a 7 day cooling off period where you can return goods for no reason other than you've changed your mind. I did this with my first monitor. They refused at first but after I made some legal threats down the phone mentioning my rights and the 7 day cooling off period, they gave in and took it back. Mine was faulty though too.

Gae
post #213 of 260 Old 03-05-2012, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well I am not having any luck at all. The merchant does not want to take the TV back even though its recently purchased. LG insists that they sent the right glasses and want me to send the monitor in for repair. I normally buy from Amazon which have been great on returns and customer service but this merchant had a great price for the monitor. So I guess I can either send the monitor in or another option is to file a dispute with my credit card (which I really hate doing).

I put in bold about the credit card thing. Indeed, there is good reason to avoid a dispute, if possible, since some credit card banks will put a note on the credit report when a person uses the dispute mechanism. Sometimes it's unavoidable.

It's been months since I tried the glasses that came with my LG D2342P monitor. I gave the "clip on" away. I am not 100% sure, but I seem to remember that I liked the RealD 3D glasses better than the glasses that came with this set. When I find the ones LG supplied, I will check for sure and revisit this topic.

Can you get a hold of a pair of RealD 3D glasses that are handed out at the theater, and try those with this monitor? Maybe there is a difference.

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
post #214 of 260 Old 03-05-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Adams View Post

I put in bold about the credit card thing. Indeed, there is good reason to avoid a dispute, if possible, since some credit card banks will put a note on the credit report when a person uses the dispute mechanism. Sometimes it's unavoidable.

It's been months since I tried the glasses that came with my LG D2342P monitor. I gave the "clip on" away. I am not 100% sure, but I seem to remember that I liked the RealD 3D glasses better than the glasses that came with this set. When I find the ones LG supplied, I will check for sure and revisit this topic.

Can you get a hold of a pair of RealD 3D glasses that are handed out at the theater, and try those with this monitor? Maybe there is a difference.

That is totally wrong, if you need to dispute it, just return the defective product via cerified mail, if they refuse it and send it back to you, you made the attempt both Visa and Mastercard would say you did your part. Worked doing chargebacks for Citibank for 10yrs it NEVER adversely affects your credit if you have a billing dispute.
post #215 of 260 Old 03-05-2012, 02:22 PM

The problem is that this merchant has on their website that they do no accept returns on monitor's 20" or larger. Do not know if this is legal or not. I was not aware of that until after the fact. I attempted to call LG once again and still no help. They are certain that they sent the right glasses and the monitor needs to be sent in for service. I might just go ahead an do so to see what happens.
post #216 of 260 Old 03-06-2012, 05:35 AM
Gae

Quote:

The problem is that this merchant has on their website that they do no accept returns on monitor's 20" or larger. Do not know if this is legal or not. I was not aware of that until after the fact. I attempted to call LG once again and still no help. They are certain that they sent the right glasses and the monitor needs to be sent in for service. I might just go ahead an do so to see what happens.

I have the solution for you ssgmun5000. Telephone LG customer support and ask them to send you out the correct glasses. Give them the serial number (on the back of the monitor) and send them the delivery note as proof of purchase.....I forwarded my E-Mail delivery note to them via E-Mail. I had this problem and it is sorted. I wrote this on another forum.

Quote:

*UPDATE*
After contacting LG last week, I received a parcel today from them via courier. On first opening the parcel I discovered an LG box (as in the above images in the thread) with the model number FPG-200F on the top. My first thoughts were that they'd sent out the same model glasses again. Inside though, were a pair of nice looking white framed polarized glasses. Naturally, I immediately switched my 3D TV on to test them. I chose a few YT3D clips that I had on USB stick that I knew displayed the purple ghosting problem............

DRUM ROLL...............

What were the glasses like I hear you ask? In a word......superb. All the horrible purple ghosting was gone and the image looked beautiful. Because the purple ghosting had gone, the illusion of the 3D worked perfectly throughout the clips. As I mentioned before, the purple ghosting had the effect (especially when in the background) of making the screen evident and therefore losing the illusion that objects were deep in the background. It was spoiling the 3D illusion. In extreme cases of ghosting, there is still an ever so faint grey ghosting visible, but it only happens at the worst moments and even then is barely noticeable. No, with these new glasses the 3D image is beautiful, sharp and crisp with no purple ghosting and the 3D effect works to it's fullest.

Even though LG should not have sent out the wrong glasses in the first place I would like to publicly thank them for at leasting sending out a swift replacement and for getting it right this time. I would advise anyone else experiencing the purple ghosting to do the same as me. As long as you have proof of purchase, it should be fine.

All we need to know now is where to buy replacements for these correct glasses without it costing the earth?

Good Luck!!

Gae
post #217 of 260 Old 03-06-2012, 06:16 AM

Gae if you don't mind can you take a picture of the box the glasses came in and the part number. The glasses I received are white. The P/NO on the box I have is EBX61588301.
post #218 of 260 Old 03-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Gae

Quote:

Gae if you don't mind can you take a picture of the box the glasses came in and the part number. The glasses I received are white. The P/NO on the box I have is EBX61588301.

Here is a picture of the same box.....

3DMonitor glasses

My P/NO is very similar to yours....EBX61528101

On the frames the glasses have Made in Korea (the others were Made in China) 3D Monitor and LG logo.

Remember though, I have the LG DM2350D TV/Monitor and not the LG D2342P although they are very similar....

*UPDATE*
I've just checked and my old 3D Glasses (with the purple ghosting) have the same P/NO as yours....so it looks promising that these new ones should also work for the LG D2342P too. The difference is huge, the purple ghosting gone and the 3D looks superb.

Hope it helps....

Gae
post #219 of 260 Old 03-06-2012, 08:40 AM

The box I have says LG 3D GLASSES and not 3D MONITOR GLASSES. I will call them up again and give them the part number you listed. Hope it works.
post #220 of 260 Old 03-06-2012, 10:53 AM

OMG...LG is driving me insane. They refuse to send me glasses that are not part of the monitor bundle. I provided them with the part number Gae listed and it was no help.
post #221 of 260 Old 03-06-2012, 12:02 PM

*Update* Spoke to a supervisor named Peter who was extremely helpful. He will be shipping me some glasses with the box that has FPG-2000 3D Monitor Glasses on it.
post #222 of 260 Old 03-06-2012, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonka702 View Post

That is totally wrong, if you need to dispute it, just return the defective product via cerified mail, if they refuse it and send it back to you, you made the attempt both Visa and Mastercard would say you did your part. Worked doing chargebacks for Citibank for 10yrs it NEVER adversely affects your credit if you have a billing dispute.

I read a cousin's credit report and there was an item from a credit card bank about a dispute she filed and won. I do not know if it affected the credit score, but the dispute was there in the credit file. It would be a matter for the scoring companies to tell us how this may or may not affect the score.

And now on topic, I hope the replacement glasses from LG work better.

Richard Adams
post #223 of 260 Old 03-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Gae

Quote:

*Update* Spoke to a supervisor named Peter who was extremely helpful. He will be shipping me some glasses with the box that has FPG-2000 3D Monitor Glasses on it.

Great. I hope they work as well as the pair they sent me.

Gae
post #224 of 260 Old 03-07-2012, 05:49 AM

I hope they do also. I have the Immortals 3D blu ray sitting by the pc waiting to be watched.
post #225 of 260 Old 03-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Gae

Quote:

I hope they do also. I have the Immortals 3D blu ray sitting by the pc waiting to be watched.

Remember its a conversion and so isn't really true 3D.

Gae
post #226 of 260 Old 03-09-2012, 10:43 AM

Does anyone know if a DVI to HDMI cable will work for 3D on this monitor? I want to plug the DVI to the pc and the HDMI to the monitor.
post #227 of 260 Old 03-09-2012, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

Does anyone know if a DVI to HDMI cable will work for 3D on this monitor? I want to plug the DVI to the pc and the HDMI to the monitor.

A DVI to HDMI cable should work. I tried an HDMI to DVI adapter to connect an HDMI cable to a DVI cable or the DVI port on the monitor. It did not work.
post #228 of 260 Old 03-10-2012, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gae View Post

Remember its a conversion and so isn't really true 3D.

Gae

Although not filmed in 3D, the cinematographic view planning for Immortals was done to enhance the 3D conversion done later. The results are excellent. Very enjoyable 3D.

Richard Adams
post #229 of 260 Old 03-10-2012, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGTweed View Post

A DVI to HDMI cable should work. I tried an HDMI to DVI adapter to connect an HDMI cable to a DVI cable or the DVI port on the monitor. It did not work.

My first use for 3D with this D2342P from the computer was with a DVI to HDMI cable. HDMI end is plugged into the monitor. This worked correctly.

When I attempted to use the DVI input on this monitor (instead of HDMI), the 3D options do not appear on the monitor's front panel controls, and could only use 2D that way.

Richard Adams
post #230 of 260 Old 03-21-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:

Want to give another update. I had to wait about 7 business days to get the glasses. Once again they were the incorrect ones. I was sent 2 boxes of glasses which had the same part # as the glasses that came with the TV. Same purple ghosting issue. I had to call once again and spoke to Peter who informed me that he did some research and figured that the wrong glasses were being put in the box. He shipped another pair to me which had the same part # as the orignal box that came with the monitor and box said LG 3D glasses FPG-200F. Needless to say I was not amused when I saw the box. When I opened the box to my surprise the side of the glasses said 3D monitor instead of LG Cinema 3D. Tried some videos and sure enough no more purple ghosting.
post #231 of 260 Old 03-22-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionx View Post

hi,
I have bought LG D2342P monitor.. But I could see lots of purple colored crosstalk when there is some good 3D scenes especially in right eye... This annoys me when I watch 3D movies and games... I tried all the settings I could try like 15 deg vertical tilt and optimal distance... In catalyst control panel scaling is disable and overscan set to 0%..
I have Radeon 6950 graphics card... Is it usual to see such cross talks in this monitor.. Can anyone help to solve this issue?

If your seeing a lot of purple cross talk with this monitor you've probably been supplied with the 3DCinema glasses for the 3D TV's rather than the 3DCinema monitor glasses. Contact LG but don't expect them to acknowledge the problem, I had to send my glasses in for testing before they would send me the correct glasses. You will notice that if you tilt your head 45% to the left that the purple lines go away and the problem does not exist with the correct glasses.
post #232 of 260 Old 03-22-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Adams View Post

Nope the RealD 3D glasses also have the purple cross talk. The Zalman ZM-SG100G work well and also the correct LG glasses. LG UK on Bath Road, Slough did send me replacement glasses but I did have to insist. Shame they haven't got the decency to contact Amazon and notify them of the bad batch and send replacement glasses to customers without them having to call customer services.
post #233 of 260 Old 03-22-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:

Want to give another update. I had to wait about 7 business days to get the glasses. Once again they were the incorrect ones. I was sent 2 boxes of glasses which had the same part # as the glasses that came with the TV. Same purple ghosting issue. I had to call once again and spoke to Peter who informed me that he did some research and figured that the wrong glasses were being put in the box. He shipped another pair to me which had the same part # as the orignal box that came with the monitor and box said LG 3D glasses FPG-200F. Needless to say I was not amused when I saw the box. When I opened the box to my surprise the side of the glasses said 3D monitor instead of LG Cinema 3D. Tried some videos and sure enough no more purple ghosting.

The incorrect model number is: FPG-200F/Bundle S/No: 109UPKE1B277, P/NO:: EBX61588301 made in China.

The correct model has 3D Monitor Glasses written on the box: FPG-200F S/No 203OPF1J472 P/NO: EBX61528101 made in Korea.

Different Part No's and correct ones are made in Korea. And yes the white 3D full glasses have 3D Monitor written on the arm.
post #234 of 260 Old 03-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Gae

Ironically you still get ghosting even with the correct glasses only its grey instead of purple.

It's still a huge improvement though and there is definitely less ghosting with the correct glasses. I guess 3D with glasses will never be totally perfect.

Gae
post #235 of 260 Old 03-25-2012, 07:42 AM

I've read polarization loses it's efficiency with age. I am curious if ghosting will increase as our polarized monitors/TVs age. It might be hard to notice because it will be a very gradual increase. Maybe in 7 years or so we'll be wondering how we ever put up with so much ghosting. Does anyone think this might be a future problem?

signed owner of a LG 65 inch passive TV & Acer 27 inch passive monitor.
post #236 of 260 Old 03-26-2012, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gae View Post

I guess 3D with glasses will never be totally perfect.

I've got both this monitor and a passive TV set. Even at the perfect angle I get significant uneven ghosting on the monitor. However, the TV set has a much larger viewing angle, and almost no ghosting if you're in it.

In my experience, it's not the technology -- it's the implementation.
post #237 of 260 Old 04-13-2012, 05:05 PM

never mind..i ended up ordering another s23a700d because it has 120hz refresh rate.
post #238 of 260 Old 04-21-2012, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
If anyone is using this monitor with PowerDVD 9, 11 or 12, I'm having a terrible time. I can connect my LG WH12LS30 Blu-Ray writer via usb connect to my Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5983 laptop an everything works fine using PowerDVD software. However, when I connect it to my LG D2342P-PN monitor through the ViewHD 8 post Converter/Switch The Blu-Ray disc does not play. PowerDVD gives me 0121 error. Non HDCP compliant Display. Blu-Ray Discs works fine using ViewHD. Any suggestions to get the Blu-Ray discs to play?
post #239 of 260 Old 05-21-2012, 07:16 AM

I got this monitor yesterday basically out of frustration my Acer LR274H did not got received. Would like so share my experiences and also summarize the great tips already received from other users in this thread.

Just for info I am comparing this screen against Sony Vaio VPCF219 3D(active) and Dell U2410 IPS (for 2D ofcourse).

First of all, all the things you need to do/make sure:
1. Install latest Tridef and monitor drivers
2. Install the ICC profile
3. Get the correct LG Monitor 3D glasses. I was also provided with the wrong one.
4. Put your monitor settings on R-L mode in the 3D menu. This will prevent having a blurred screen in 2D.

My impresssions 3D:
1. The screen brightness is 2-3 brighter than the Sony. With the Sony it looks like you are in a dark cinema. I also have the 55" HX800, which I also find dark. The LG is extreme bright and I set my brightness to 70/100. Basically this was the main reason that I bought the LG because I wanted to be able to see proper 3D in daylight.
2. The screen shows horizontal black lines as this is probably related to the passive screen and also shows some horizontal black lines during extreme panning.
3. The screen resolution is not as sharp compared to the Sony 3D screen. Comparision is watching full HD blu ray versus interlaced MTS files from the TD10.
4. With the above brightness I only found out that movies I have editted so far recorded with TD10 look like SOAPS. Colour wise then, maybe I will need to redo them.
5. Somehow viewing this screen creates a pressure on my eyeballs. I never had this before with active glasses.

Comparison to 2D Dell:
1. Overal the resolution and sharpness is good. The monitor is as easily on par with any other 2D monitor.
2. Compared to the Dell IPS panel, the LG cannot match the vibrant colours and wide angle usages. E.g. for photoshop etc. So I will keep my IPS and use this as a dual monitor setup.

In general I am very happy with the LG ans this monitor enables me to preview editing in Vegas quickly and with correct brightness.
post #240 of 260 Old 05-27-2012, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Does the ghosting problem from the glasses also affect the clip-on lenses? Richard gave his clip-ons away, but did anyone else keep theirs, especially those that are having the ghosting issue?

I wear prescription glasses, and the clip-ons will definitely be the way to go for me. Regardless of how well they claim to fit, I can't stand wearing two pairs of glasses at the same time.

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
3d Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Displays , 23 Lg Widescreen Fullhd 1920x1080 Hdmi Vga Dvi 3d Led Lcd Black Monitor D2342p Pn , Sony , Lg D2342p Pn 23 Inch Widescreen Passive 3d Led Lcd Monitor
Gear in this thread - 1920x1080 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page