ideal height for mounting 3d tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 06-12-2011, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
my new plasma will be getting mounted tomorrow and im just curious how high do you recommend the tv to be?

i'm thinking where my vision is about half way from top to bottom.

Love sports, movies, and games. Slowly some day I'll add a projector and screen. Until then, I'll build up my library.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-13-2011, 09:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
You are correct all TVs should be mounted so that the height of your eyes when seated is in the middle of the verticle viewing area. This is especially important for 3D TVs.
post #3 of 14 Old 06-15-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

You are correct all TVs should be mounted so that the height of your eyes when seated is in the middle of the verticle viewing area. This is especially important for 3D TVs.

thats basically dead center of the tv when u are seated?? in that case none of the wall mounted tvs will be accurately mounted.
post #4 of 14 Old 06-16-2011, 06:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
True unless you mount them lower on the wall which many unknowing users do not do and their Picture Quality suffers as a result.
Instead I always reccomend using stands which also provide a location for Set Top Boxes storage of DVDs etc.
post #5 of 14 Old 06-16-2011, 07:05 AM

Liked: 10
Similar to how you would hang a painting or photo. Average eye level with respect to viewing position.

Nothing worse than going to someones house and having to look up all night at a display hung above a fireplace.
post #6 of 14 Old 06-16-2011, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

True unless you mount them lower on the wall which many unknowing users do not do and their Picture Quality suffers as a result.
Instead I always reccomend using stands which also provide a location for Set Top Boxes storage of DVDs etc.

I went with a low table from ikea abs then mounted the tv above that. In all it is probably the same height if it were on the stand on the ikea table. The height is perfect. When I see my reflection on the screen I'm exactly in the middle

Love sports, movies, and games. Slowly some day I'll add a projector and screen. Until then, I'll build up my library.
post #7 of 14 Old 06-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member

You should go back to Ikea and get the led strands for ambiance
post #8 of 14 Old 06-16-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw715 View Post
Similar to how you would hang a painting or photo. Average eye level with respect to viewing position.

Nothing worse than going to someones house and having to look up all night at a display hung above a fireplace.
unfortunately thats how my tv is mounted right now.. right above the fireplace about 3-4 feet hangs the base of the tv so the center of the tv is about 5 ft but once u are sitting in the couch you drop down to about 3-4 ft but about 8 feet away....this is making me seriously reconsider my 3dtv purchase now... having second thoughts about gettinga 3d projector instead...
post #9 of 14 Old 06-16-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrock_121 View Post

unfortunately thats how my tv is mounted right now.. right above the fireplace about 3-4 feet hangs the base of the tv so the center of the tv is about 5 ft but once u are sitting in the couch you drop down to about 3-4 ft but about 8 feet away....this is making me seriously reconsider my 3dtv purchase now... having second thoughts about gettinga 3d projector instead...

I think if you get a tilting mount, you should still be able to mount the 3D TV higher, but still have the 3D effects working properly...
post #10 of 14 Old 06-16-2011, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrock_121 View Post

My LCD was high like 4-5 feet up but we used a tilt mount to angle it down. It worked out but with the 3d and moving the credenza that made us put the LCD high in the first place, I realized how much nicer it is being lower.

post #11 of 14 Old 06-17-2011, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
It all depends on what you are sitting in. I use a recliner, so I want mine a little higher on the wall and tilted down.
post #12 of 14 Old 12-15-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjktcvs View Post

It all depends on what you are sitting in. I use a recliner, so I want mine a little higher on the wall and tilted down.

Boss My Sony 3d HX850 46" Will be delivered in a day I wanted to install that in a table I really wanted to know what is an ideal height of the table which the tv has to be kept my sitting point will be about 9ft in sofa height of the sofa will be 1.5ft and I am a bit height person my height is 6.1 and may I know what height the table has to be bcoz I have to purchase it
post #13 of 14 Old 10-27-2013, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would like to revive this thread instead of creating a new one.

There seems to be no clear answer here on 3D mounting height. I understand there is some personal preference at play, but the 3D effect must be engineered at a particular viewing angle (both horizontal and vertical). Can anyone factually comment on this?

I have a new tv being delivered tomorrow. I will use my existing mount and only mount again when I get some clarity on the proper height relative to my eye height.

Thanks for any information so I can get the most out of my new 3D tv (upgrading from an 8 year old 720p, pioneer plasma monitor).

-Trey
post #14 of 14 Old 10-27-2013, 11:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 89
Height is simple. Sit as you normally would when viewing and look straight ahead toward the wall where the TV will be mounted. Mount the screen as close to where you eyes are looking as possible. Angle is just as simple. Adjust the screen so that it is as close to perpendicular to your line of sight as possible.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia 46 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Hx850 Kdl 46hx850
Gear in this thread - Hx850 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page