3D Led vs 3D Plasma? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 60 Old 07-20-2011, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Simple question...which would be better...plasma generally has better color and side viewing angles but with LED's looking better would that be a wiser choice? Also, when it comes to price the plasma 3d's are a lot cheaper than the led's and then there's DLP. Which is worth it?

Polk Monitor 60's
Polk Monitor 50's
Polk CS2
Bic V1220
Pioneer VSX-822
Samsung PN51E550
Harmony 550
Media center PC/ XBox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 Old 07-20-2011, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
If you need brightness, then it is LED, especially passive. There have been some great deals on the LG LED passives.
post #3 of 60 Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 PM

Liked: 11
go for a panasonic plasma 3d. it's the best. There is lots of ghosting on led's.
post #4 of 60 Old 07-20-2011, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Don't forget 3D DLP. No ghosting at all, and lots bigger for less money. Bigger is better in 3D.

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/theater.html
RonAlam and Flungcow like this.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #5 of 60 Old 07-21-2011, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Interesting, three answers: LED, Plasma, and DLP that certainly helped..lol

Polk Monitor 60's
Polk Monitor 50's
Polk CS2
Bic V1220
Pioneer VSX-822
Samsung PN51E550
Harmony 550
Media center PC/ XBox
post #6 of 60 Old 07-21-2011, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarrison1 View Post

Interesting, three answers: LED, Plasma, and DLP that certainly helped..lol

There's pros and cons to each, and each pro or con is only as important as it applies to you. Time for more research.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #7 of 60 Old 07-21-2011, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I have my technical resume somewhere on here when it comes to research...but I guess what I was looking for on this discussion forum was an intelligent, analytical, comparison from actual users that enjoy this stuff as I do and not a website...I have read some of those already...
DLP size yes- longevity & bulb life not sure..
Plasma color yes but I've seen some pretty faded Panasonics,
LED looks good-- friend has a D series Samsung...price is a bit steep but the apps are cool and the borderless is too..

Actually waiting for the D9000 release..funny feeling it might be clear panel or something...haven't seen any pics...

I have been leaning to the larger plasmas because I enjoy rich color, And if I can get a super deal on a super large DLP I would consider that option.
I also wonder if this Sharp patented yellow pixel technology wil be adopted in the later generation technologies in the years to come...

So the whole thing feels like a toss up...feel like the best option would be to get a under-priced 3D hold on for resale till the technology shifts again..

Polk Monitor 60's
Polk Monitor 50's
Polk CS2
Bic V1220
Pioneer VSX-822
Samsung PN51E550
Harmony 550
Media center PC/ XBox
post #8 of 60 Old 07-21-2011, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quite honestly, I think it comes down to what you'll be viewing on the TV.

If you will be using it primarily for movies, then I'd say plasma is the way to go as the new Panasonics and Samsungs have drastically reduced occurrences of ghosting.

If you plan to watch a lot of TV or game heavily, then I'd be inclined to go with an LCD. My rationale here is that while burn-in and IR have been reduced they have not been eliminated entirely. I've also read several reviews mentioning that the faster decaying phosphors used in 3D plasmas seem to be a little more susceptible to IR and my personal experience would seem to corroborate this as my Samsung 3D plasma will routinely display some IR with certain static HUDs in games. It always fades away after about 30 minutes but it does occur and I would suspect that static logos on TV stations or extended gaming sessions would take far longer to fade away.

In terms of active vs. passive, I still prefer active because, to my eyes, the image on passive 3D displays is just too soft. While I don't see the lines and the sense of depth is excellent, the drop in resolution is easily visible to me and none of the firmware updates have mitigated the image quality to a point that satisfies me. I'm sure future generations of passive will get it right but right now, they just don't do it for me, especially as I sit relatively close to the TV to maximize the 3D effect.

That's my two cents.
post #9 of 60 Old 07-22-2011, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, I have my technical resume somewhere on here when it comes to research...but I guess what I was looking for on this discussion forum was an intelligent, analytical, comparison from actual users that enjoy this stuff as I do and not a website...I have read some of those already...
DLP size yes- longevity & bulb life not sure..
Plasma color yes but I've seen some pretty faded Panasonics,
LED looks good-- friend has a D series Samsung...price is a bit steep but the apps are cool and the borderless is too..

Actually waiting for the D9000 release..funny feeling it might be clear panel or something...haven't seen any pics...

I have been leaning to the larger plasmas because I enjoy rich color, And if I can get a super deal on a super large DLP I would consider that option.
I also wonder if this Sharp patented yellow pixel technology wil be adopted in the later generation technologies in the years to come...

So the whole thing feels like a toss up...feel like the best option would be to get a under-priced 3D hold on for resale till the technology shifts again..

I own the WD-65835 Mitsubishi from 2008, and the picture is still amazing, especially in 3D, as there is no ghosting. My daughter has the 2007 model, and each of my sons have the 2009 model.

As for Sharp's "fourth color" yellow, Mitsubishi TVs (LCDs included) have used a six color processor for years. Besides red blue and green, they added yellow, cyan and magenta.

Lamps cost $99 and come in a slide-in cartridge that takes all of 3 minutes to replace. I once crunched the numbers, and found that compared to plasma, my DLP saved enough electricity to pay for a lamp every year. My lamp lasted over 5600 hours, which is equal to 5 hours per day for 3 years.

(I still have the original lamp. I'm keeping it for a "spare" just in case my second one actually blows.)

You can get the mid-line (WD-xx738 series) 60" on amazon right now for under $900, or the 73" (highly recommended) for under $1350. Those are delivered prices.

Number one rule of thumb: get the biggest 3DTV you can afford. I have the 65" and wish I'd gotten the 73". My son has the 73" and wishes he had gotten the 82". These things "shrink" in about a week.

post #10 of 60 Old 07-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

plamsa and dlp have the best 3d led is third place you must ask your self
do you a huge dlp that take up a lot of space or a nice 50 to 60 inch plasma
i am happy i got the st30 the 3d is awesome and avatar in 3d is awesome
post #11 of 60 Old 07-22-2011, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz3 View Post

plamsa and dlp have the best 3d led is third place you must ask your self
do you a huge dlp that take up a lot of space or a nice 50 to 60 inch plasma
i am happy i got the st30 the 3d is awesome and avatar in 3d is awesome

A DLP sits on the same TV stand as a plasma, so it doesn't take up a lot of space. A plasma or LCD may be thin, but it sits on a base that is typically over a foot deep, so it doesn't really matter.

Also, your 55" has only 57% of the viewing area of a 73" for the same price, which makes it almost twice the cost per square inch.

post #12 of 60 Old 07-23-2011, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Actually the Samsung D8000 LED was said to have the least amount of crosstalk. Less then the Panasonic VT30, and Samsung Plasma.

So DLP wins for no crosstalk and followed by the new LED Samsung, and Plasma is in last for both crosstalk and brightness.
post #13 of 60 Old 07-23-2011, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan48 View Post
Actually the Samsung D8000 LED was said to have the least amount of crosstalk...
Link?

post #14 of 60 Old 07-23-2011, 09:44 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post
Link?

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...ml?tag=rvwBody

This is compared to the gt30 Panasonic.
post #15 of 60 Old 07-23-2011, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robut View Post

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...ml?tag=rvwBody

This is compared to the gt30 Panasonic.

Thanks.

post #16 of 60 Old 07-23-2011, 11:28 AM

Having gone from totally clueless to not-quit-so-clueless about 3D HT, I would highly recommend DLP. I own both 3D plasma and a 3D DLP. And the DLP is unambiguously superior when dealing with the third dimension. That's not to say the plasma is bad, because it's excellent at the job. But it happens that the DLP is significantly better.
post #17 of 60 Old 07-23-2011, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have been leaning towards the UN46D7000 (Samsung LED), however after taking a trip to Best Buy, I was told that a 50" GT30 (Panasonic plasma) is a much better bet (for watching sports especially). Thoughts? They're both around $1400-$1500 right now. Thanks in advance.
post #18 of 60 Old 07-23-2011, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

First of all don't listen to anyone at Best Buy as most of them are retarded kids or old men who don't keep up with technology.

Yes plasma used to be better for sports, but now I actually prefer the high end LED LCD for motion.

The new LED Tv's use a scanning backlight which when activated retain all 1080 lines of moving resolution. Plasma also retains full 1080 lines of resolution, but I see phosphor trails even on the high end Plasmas (green trails on high contrast edges.)

U should really check out the Sony 929 which also uses local dimming to acheive blacks that surpass even the Kuro. (with slight blooming, almost never distracting)

I can't believe how much LCD's have improved and how plasma has basically come to a standstill. Now they are talking about an LED per pixel for next year!! Almost all the benefits of plasma are gone now (except viewing angle) even the 929 is not great in this regard.
post #19 of 60 Old 07-23-2011, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree that you can't really go by what BB sales people say, but he definitely has made me rethink my decision, at least temporarily. I have been also reading up on the Sammy PN51d7000, which has some great reviews, and is a great price right now on Amazon. I LOVE the look (bezel) of the UN46D7000, but I obviously want to consider pic quality as well.
post #20 of 60 Old 07-23-2011, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

that's also a great plasma. I may buy one to test it out and see how it compares to the Sony and then make my final decision. I'm still waiting for the 65" Sony and 64" Samsung in Canada. I love 30 day return policies
post #21 of 60 Old 07-23-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:

Simple question...which would be better...plasma generally has better color and side viewing angles but with LED's looking better would that be a wiser choice? Also, when it comes to price the plasma 3d's are a lot cheaper than the led's...is it worth it?

Unfortunately, your question is not that simple. Your question is like asking, who's the better athlete... Michael Jordan, Lebron James, Wayne Gretsky, Jim Brown, Usain Bolt, etc. It's very subjective and depends on the viewer.

In order to narrow it down though, if you gave more informatiion on what will be your use then it becomes a little easier.

What will be your primary use? Will you be playing video games? Watching movies? Network TV? Streaming movies from a HTPC? Using Netflix? 3D?

Where are you watching? In a home theater, a small den? How much light in the room? Is the light controllable? How far will you sit from the screen? What size do you want?

For a home theater setup you can't go wrong with a projector. Having a huge picture like the movies beats any other IMO. Plus you can find them pretty cheap. I have a 3D DLP projector that is great for 3D, 2D, it's bright enough for sports from a satellite dish and I'm typing on it right now. A 70" monitor looks pathetic next to it. When it's movie time (3D too), big football game, fight night or if I'm playing games online, I go with the big picture.

In my den is a Panasonic 65GT plasma. It's a smaller room and plays movies even 3D very well. I can control the light in there fairly well so I don't get a lot of reflections. It's easier to sit down in front of the fireplace and watch this screen versus a big movie effect in the theater room.

If I couldn't control the lighting in my den and it had a lot of light or if I played a lot of games in the den, I would be prone to getting an LCD or LED. But you have to be careful regarding reflections on any set.

Find out the top TV's in plasma, LCD and LED, then take a trip to some local stores and compare. Be careful because most plasma's look like crap next to an LCD in bright store fronts. Most of the Tv's aren't calibrated as well and they run some cheap coax to all the TV's so by the time it hits the 50th TV, the signal is degraded. Try to look at each TV when hooked up to a BluRay disc if possible. Ask to see the TV with a Bluray or 3D, etc. Try to look at it in the same light that you have in your house. And like someone said earlier, make sure you have a 30 day return so if it looks like crap in your room after you calibrate it, you can take it back.

Happy shopping...
post #22 of 60 Old 07-25-2011, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Dimensions: 12ft to the wall, controllable lighting loft room, 10ft ceiling, sitting area is 15ft wide. Apt living room basically.
This will be used as an all around set. Lots of movies, gaming and web browsing. Mostly movies and games.3D content as much as available(Ibig fan of 3D). The DLP size is steering me in that direction but side views concern me because side views fade out a bit(unless that's me comparing it to plasma and LED'S and being picky)

I'm going to go to a store and do a close comparison in picture vs size vs price vs features.50" plasmas ate going for $1200. If I can get a 73in screen I might run with that, but the 55in borderless looks great on the wall and has a load of features. Deal on the table for the Samsung 55in 7000d for $1,800 out the door.
Better 3D and 9 to18" more screen is a great deal more to think about for a relative price if not cheaper when it comes to Dlp's.
Guess I'll just weigh it out this weekend.

Polk Monitor 60's
Polk Monitor 50's
Polk CS2
Bic V1220
Pioneer VSX-822
Samsung PN51E550
Harmony 550
Media center PC/ XBox
post #23 of 60 Old 07-31-2011, 05:37 PM

Sorry for the late reply but I'm in and out of town. Hmmm, can you face the opposite way so that the screen is 15 ft long and the width is 12 ft? That would seem to work better for a projector IMO. At 14', you can project a 120" image with the Acer H5360. At 11.5" your down to about 100". That's still considerably larger than the 65" and 70" TV's now out. If I only had one tv, I'd go projector personally, as long as I could control the lighting. The projector is much cheaper upfront, just calculate bulb cost for extended use.

I love 3D on the Acer and it's bright enough for sports and gaming. A projector really immerses you into the viewing. It's hard to go back to my plasma after playing xbox live at 120" or watching a movie. I usually use the plasma to watch the news or sportscenter, mainly general viewing but for the real stuff is the LARGE screen for sure. Now if all you do is general viewing then you may not want to go big.
post #24 of 60 Old 08-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Your question is not easy to answer but maybe after reading this it will helps. I own a Samsung Led 3D Tv series 8000. I payed $3,200 last year for it. Two moths ago I decided to buy a Tv for my bedroom so I decided to get a plasma 3D. I bought a Samsung PN51D550 for $995 at Best Buy.

And guess what? The 3D content looks excellent on my $995 Plasma. It also has better blacks. Movies, sports and games looks awesome. My $3,200 LED just looks brighter and maybe a little bit more vivid colors and reapeat just a little bit!! Overall vs and price and performance I prefer better my $995 TV.

About soap opera effect? If you really like it get an Led. Not many people like it. To me I like it but when set at high. With the Samsung Led you can tweak the effect. I mention this because that Plasma Model has something called "Cinema Motion". Works only on bluray movies @ 24hz. Its not like opera effect but gives a very nice look at the movies if you want to. Movies still looks like a movie and not like a "fake" or like a live cam recording look as the soap opera effect when set at high on led tvs.

I literally cried and asked my self " How is possilbe a $995 3D kick a$$ my $3,200 led 3D tv.

And about passive vs active 3D. Honestly the active looks better. I test my TV with my friends passive tv and the 3D effects on the active looks better. Another suggestion is to try to get the biggest possible size screen you can afford. My led tv is 55", the plasma is 51" not much difference. I put it head to head and yes the 55" is bigger but not for much. A 65" would be a nice size and a noticeable from a 55". I recommend to get at least the 51". As someone mentioned here after a week the Tv shrinks. Lol.

If you want to save money and get a great TV for its price then get the PN51D550. Just wait for a special. Also the bluetooth glassesfor Samsung 2011 costs only $50. My 2010 Samsung Led 3d glasses cost me $149 last year.

The new Led Samsungs 2011 model 8000 series are awesome and looks better than 2010 models. You will know the new models becuse use letter "D". For example 2010 models are LN55C8000 while 2011 models are LN55D8000 but lot expensive.
post #25 of 60 Old 08-03-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddicted View Post

Having gone from totally clueless to not-quit-so-clueless about 3D HT, I would highly recommend DLP. I own both 3D plasma and a 3D DLP. And the DLP is unambiguously superior when dealing with the third dimension. That's not to say the plasma is bad, because it's excellent at the job. But it happens that the DLP is significantly better.

I also have both a 67 "Samsung DLP and a 50" Samsung Plasma. The two TV's are in different rooms so its difficult to do a reliable comparison. I find no flaws in either and do prefer the 67" though it maybe due to its larger size.

ASUS Formula III Rampage MB
Intel I7 960 CPU ATI 5850
12GB RAM 58TB Storage
Windows 7 Ultra 64 Bit
Arcsoft TMT5, Ceton Infinity4
Onkyo 5008 to Samsung HL67A750
post #26 of 60 Old 08-03-2011, 04:39 PM

I'll try to muddy the water a little by saying that I opted for a passive-3D set, the LG 55LW5600. The debates on the pros and cons of passive versus active-shutter 3D can go on forever, with little "convincing" of the other side. But for me, the very low cost and comfortable-ness of the unpowered passive glasses (just like in a RealD-equipped theater) was a strong argument for passive - I can afford to have lots of pairs.

LG's passive technology (also used in Vizio's passive sets, as well as Toshiba's) DOES impact resolution - basically each eye just sees 540 physical lines (even if the latest LG FW alternates the content being applied to the odd and even lines, so that each eye is at least seeing all of the content at some time). But fancy algorithm or not, if you get close enough to the screen while wearing the glasses (and especially if you close one eye) you can see the alternating-polarization lines). For many this is a deal-breaker. End of discussion.

BUT, it is also true that if you are more than 8 or 9 feet away (this distance will vary from person to person), the alternating polarization "lines" go away. And then the advantages of passive come into play - generally a bit brighter than active, very good "lack of ghosting" performance (on a par with DLP), and also no flicker effects that some active-shutter sets seem to have. (To be fair, most, if not all, of the flicker effect is really a by-product of the ambient lighting "beating" with the shutter rate. So it is usually not an issue in an environment where the lighting is incandescent bulbs. That said, SOME people report seeing flickering, even in a darkened room.) As for angle performance, the side-to-side angle perf. of LG's sets is pretty good, as far as LCD's go. But nowhere near as good as plasma. One "warning" is that the passive 3D is somewhat sensitive to vertical angle, due to how the alternating lines of polarization are laid over the actual display. So you need to have your eyes not more than 15 degrees or so above or below the perpendicular, for the 3D to work well (or else the good ghosting performance goes away...). If you are thinking about a wall-mount that is above your line of sight, a tilting mount is called for.

One thing I will say is that if you are checking out any of the passive sets in a store, you want to try at at varying distances from the screen (to see if the resolution issue bothers you), and also to try various angles - if you are not reasonably "level" with the screen from a vertical angle perspective, you will see some ghosting.

All of the passive-3D sets so far are edge-lit LED-LCD (Vizio and Toshiba of course make full-backlit LED sets, but none of them are passive 3D yet). As for LG, they are supposed to come out with a passive-3D top of the line set (the LW9800 series) in a couple of months - this one WILL be a full-backlit LED set.

The upshot of the above is that all edge-lit LED sets are at least somewhat prone to various forms of uniformity issues, including a bit of "flashlighting" effect on the sides/corners with black screens, and perhaps a bit of "bloom" around bright objects that are in black backgrounds. That said, MOST of these issues are very manageable via the settings, etc. Also, my LG, like some edge-lit sets, has what I call "pseudo-local" dimming. Instead of having a checkerboard arrray of hundreds of dimming zones (as with a full-backlit LED panel), you get a smaller number of larger zones (in my case, it is 16 zones, 8 rows and 2 columns). This isn't as effective as full local dimming, but it still works, and in fact is quite effective in most cases. Through the combination of setting my backlight at a moderate level, using the local dimming feature, and other settings choices, I feel I have very good black-level performance, while maintaining good performance during daytime, etc.

That said, a plasma set will still produce the best picture (compared to LCD panels) in a darkened environment.

I haven't talked about DLP much, just because I knew I wanted a flat-panel, and was going to mount it on a wall. But if you don't mind the form factor of a rear projector, or if you can arrange things properly for a front projector, it is hard to argue with the performance, and large screen size that DLP provides.

Obviously all of the above depends on the priorities that you have for yourself. So there's no right answer for everyone.
post #27 of 60 Old 08-04-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhetman View Post

I also have both a 67 "Samsung DLP and a 50" Samsung Plasma. The two TV's are in different rooms so its difficult to do a reliable comparison. I find no flaws in either and do prefer the 67" though it maybe due to its larger size.

I have a Vt25 and the HD66 with 3DXL broadcasting a 92" screen. My plasma ghosts where the DLP does not. Gaming is most pronounced. GT5 on playstation 3 - the DLP can broadcast an image free of ghosting even if I increase the parallax to max and the convergence to near max. The same settings render the plasma (interior view) unplayable. The is the clearest example, but the difference is evident during some films - mostly comcast content and IMAX. I have no idea how well the Samsung's plamsas would handle it.
post #28 of 60 Old 08-04-2011, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac4lyfe View Post

Sorry for the late reply but I'm in and out of town. Hmmm, can you face the opposite way so that the screen is 15 ft long and the width is 12 ft? That would seem to work better for a projector IMO. At 14', you can project a 120" image with the Acer H5360. At 11.5" your down to about 100". That's still considerably larger than the 65" and 70" TV's now out. If I only had one tv, I'd go projector personally, as long as I could control the lighting. The projector is much cheaper upfront, just calculate bulb cost for extended use.

I love 3D on the Acer and it's bright enough for sports and gaming. A projector really immerses you into the viewing. It's hard to go back to my plasma after playing xbox live at 120" or watching a movie. I usually use the plasma to watch the news or sportscenter, mainly general viewing but for the real stuff is the LARGE screen for sure. Now if all you do is general viewing then you may not want to go big.

It's down to plasma and DLP. I love big and I watch all sorts of programs. Your post swayed me to return DLP to the discussion. At least my considerations. Your post along with all the other post that are behind DLP.

Polk Monitor 60's
Polk Monitor 50's
Polk CS2
Bic V1220
Pioneer VSX-822
Samsung PN51E550
Harmony 550
Media center PC/ XBox
post #29 of 60 Old 08-04-2011, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

[quote="javygonx"]Your question is not easy to answer but maybe after reading this it will helps. I own a Samsung Led 3D Tv series 8000. I payed $3,200 last year for it. Two moths ago I decided to buy a Tv for my bedroom so I decided to get a plasma 3D. I bought a Samsung PN51D550 for $995 at Best Buy.

And guess what? The 3D content looks excellent on my $995 Plasma. It also has better blacks. Movies, sports and games looks awesome. My $3,200 LED just looks brighter and maybe a little bit more vivid colors and reapeat just a little bit!!

If you want to save money and get a great TV for its price then get the PN51D550. Just wait for a special. Also the bluetooth glassesfor Samsung 2011 costs only $50. My 2010 Samsung Led 3d glasses cost me $149 last year.

Polk Monitor 60's
Polk Monitor 50's
Polk CS2
Bic V1220
Pioneer VSX-822
Samsung PN51E550
Harmony 550
Media center PC/ XBox
post #30 of 60 Old 08-04-2011, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Ironically, I have been looking at the pn51d550 and 7000. The 7000 has the aps and WiFi. The 550 has the price. I can get one for $900 and the pn51d7000 for $1260. So I have been weighing that out. Dropped Panasonic because of some of the reviews(greens and flickering white) and the panel is not as attractive.

As you also mentioned the DLP is also a factor. Big factor due to size and price.
As far as picture quality the led bleeds a bit of light, the plasma brings concerns with burning as I play games in spurts like a addict. The DLP would have neither of those issues. And I can only imagine 3d would look incredible.

I'm going to price the DLP vs Samsung plasma and make a move.
Seems like thats what the consensus is.

Polk Monitor 60's
Polk Monitor 50's
Polk CS2
Bic V1220
Pioneer VSX-822
Samsung PN51E550
Harmony 550
Media center PC/ XBox
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Plasma Vs Led