Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 76 Old 11-30-2011, 07:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricide View Post

If someone is buying these soon and wants to provide a picture of the box and FW label it would be helpful. I want to put these on my xmas list but need to make it as easy as possible for the in-laws.

If you look two posts up someone stated they are on the outside of the box next to serial number. Hope it helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 76 Old 11-30-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post

If you look two posts up someone stated they are on the outside of the box next to serial number. Hope it helps.

I guess you haven't met my inlaws
post #33 of 76 Old 12-01-2011, 02:13 PM

I'm still waiting for my replacement.

The retailer has asked me to call them back this week, however, I have spoken to LG directly and they have no idea when they are coming in (I live in Australia). So I'll keep chasing them.

As far as what I was advised, the LG customer support person told me that 0.63 has a compatibility issue with my particular TV model (60" Plasma), so I would imagine that the same set of glasses are used across their other models with no issues.

I thought that the issue was due to the sensitivity of the motion sensors, however, seeing others have had no issues, it may be some kind of sync issue with the TV and glasses ie. the RF signal times out after 10 mins. Could be wrong.

Without having actually seen the glasses yet, I cant say if they look any different. I would imagine it would be just a firmware update.

I will try and post a picture of the sticker which can be found on the side of the glasses. The actual glasses (from memory) do no list the firmware version on them.

I'll keep you all posted as soon as I get mine (although I could be waiting a while!)
post #34 of 76 Old 12-07-2011, 01:52 PM

Called LG customer service today (1800-243-0000) and they are sending me two new pairs of glasses with instructions on sending the defective ver 0.63 back they pay the shipping. It wasn't that big of a deal that they shut off watching a movie (just turn them back on). But when I got my ps3 and played my first 3d game thats when it became a pain. Other than that I am real happy with LG. Thank You all for this great forum.

LG 42PW350 Plasma tv
LG BD 650 Blu-ray
LG AG-250 glasses
Jvc TH-BA1 soundbar
Sony Playstation 3(rules over all other blu-ray players I have had)
post #35 of 76 Old 12-11-2011, 01:09 PM

After having no response from the retailer for the past 2 weeks, I decided to call up LG spare parts (again) for Australia.

I was told by the rep. that they had still not received any stock in Australia (I spoke to LG Spare Parts), and that he had no idea when they would be coming in, and to try again in the "next couple of week".

Sigh... doesn't look like I'll be getting a replacement until next year with the Christmas / New year period coming up, I'm sure things will be flat out!

Oh well... I'll keep you all posted, but from what I can see from others who have already received their replacements, the 0.64 firmware seems to have sorted the shut-off function.

The Spare parts person told me that the auto-shut off feature had been removed completely from the 0.64 firmware glasses. Can anyone confirm this? I spoke about these updated glasses with the same retailer (but a different store) and the sales person insisted that he had never had anyone complain about the 10 minute shut off, and that LG had not informed them of the issue at all...
post #36 of 76 Old 12-16-2011, 07:38 PM

Received version 0.64 from LG and they work.

They sent the replacement and now I ship back the version 0.63 glasses to LG (prepaid by LG).

LG customer service has been responsive, although not perfect. I needed to return two pair but they only sent one replacement. They have just shipped the second pair.
post #37 of 76 Old 01-03-2012, 03:56 AM

Hi all got same problem by the way I’m in the UK called LG UK and was told that it is normal for the glasses to shut off every 10 minutes and the glasses with firmware version 0.64 don’t exist according to LG UK hope I can get this sorted out and don’t have to take my TV back if anyone knows where I can get the new firmware version 0.64 please let me know has this is driving me mad
post #38 of 76 Old 01-03-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou25uk View Post

Hi all got same problem by the way I'm in the UK called LG UK and was told that it is normal for the glasses to shut off every 10 minutes and the glasses with firmware version 0.64 don't exist according to LG UK hope I can get this sorted out and don't have to take my TV back if anyone knows where I can get the new firmware version 0.64 please let me know has this is driving me mad

Hiya, just so you know, I am in the UK and purchased an LG TV from Amazon just before christmas, these came with one pair of glasses with f/w .64, as I needed two I also purchased another pair from Amazon Market Place and they were f/w .63 - so I have one pair that is fine and another that shuts off after 10 minutes
post #39 of 76 Old 01-04-2012, 12:07 PM

The retailer called me back yesterday and is sending me contact details of where to send my glasses back and they will send me the new ones free of charge when I e mailed LG UK gave then the link the this post here there reply was

"It appears that the information on this forum is incorrect. At present we are unaware of a firmware version 0.64. If this version becomes available, there will be no way of updating the firmware on the glasses. This version will only be available on newly manufactured glasses, but again at this point in time, no such version is available."

Looks like customer service have no idea about this problem when I send my glasses back I will make them aware that customer service are not up to speed on this problem
post #40 of 76 Old 01-04-2012, 12:19 PM

I had an hour long conversation today with customer service, was told that there are glasses with .64 firmware, however there are only about 20 of them in the UK! My TV was manufactured in December which is why I have the .64 firmware! He also confirmed that you will not be able to update the firmware on the glasses!

He was a nice guy, but told me I have two options, either send them back or send them to LG to check for a fault, but if not fault is found the same pair will be sent back to me. He also stated the glasses are working according the manufacturers guidelines. He is going to call head office tomorrow and call me back, at which point I shall decide the best course of action.

On a side note the original email response I got was (prett much) when the new firmware comes out buy some more! Must think we are made of money!
post #41 of 76 Old 01-06-2012, 02:15 AM

Hi All,

I will spare you all the gruesome details and cut to the chase.

I ended up having a fight with the retailer after them feeding me lies for the past 3 months about trying to source me a replacement. I ended up getting my money back and emailing LG several times asking them where I could source 0.64 firmware glasses.

They kept telling me to contact a local retailer and having them order some in (which wasn't going to happen). In the end I contacted Australia Wide Spare Parts and they also couldn't tell me which version they stocked and to Call LG Support back and ask them for a part number.

After 3 calls back, LG rep finally told me that "Australia would not be receiving any 0.64 firmware glasses, as they had not received any complaints" (in fact she told me they only had 4 cases). She suggested purchasing 0.63 version again and trying them out.

I went to another local retailer tonight to pick up 1 pair of 0.63 just to try them out again. When I picked up the box, I noticed the 0.63 however, I picked up another box next to it and to my surprise 0.64 version! I snapped up all 5 pairs.

Currently have 2 charging and will be trying them out tonight. Just to be clear I have the 60PZ570 model TV.

For those of you asking to see what the sticker looks like on the box, I have included it below. I've removed the serial numbers from the pic, but you can clearly see what you have to look for. Obviously the "AU" at the top applies to the Australian model only.

I'll let you all know how I go tomorrow.. fingers crossed.. I'm hoping like others that got the 0.64 replacements that they wont shut off.

All in all LG customer support (Australia anyways) has been disappointing to say the very least!! I've never had to chase down a product like this and have the manufacturer not even know where I could get them. Mind you the price I was quoted from Australia Wide Spares (LG's spare part division) was $130. I picked them up for $79 at the retailer which is what all of them are selling at, at the moment.

Fingers crossed!! 3+ months stuffing around, so I'm hoping this resolves the issue...
Attachment 233250
LL
post #42 of 76 Old 01-06-2012, 05:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The disconnect be manufacturing and the end customer is becoming the norm for all companies these days. Really does stink this has taken so long to resolve.
post #43 of 76 Old 01-06-2012, 06:09 AM

Hi Peeps. This is mainly for people in the UK. Just wanted to let you know that i just brought 3 pairs of glasses with the updated 0.64 firmware from Richer Sounds in Southampton. They only have 2 more pairs in stock, but it is worth contacting your local store because the sales assistant said they have 200 more pairs in their warehouse. Cheers.
post #44 of 76 Old 01-07-2012, 07:11 AM

Ok all. Finally got around to testing the glasses. No issues at all. I am yet to watch a full movie with them but I'd watched continuously for about 20 mins & they didn't turn off once.

From what I could tell the glasses will only turn off after the 3D signal from the tv is turned off. They will power off roughly 1 min after the singal is off.

So it seems as though the glasses will remain on regardless of movement provided the 3D IR signal is being transmitted from the TV.

Finally, problem solved!
post #45 of 76 Old 01-08-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchee Man View Post

Hi Peeps. This is mainly for people in the UK. Just wanted to let you know that i just brought 3 pairs of glasses with the updated 0.64 firmware from Richer Sounds in Southampton. They only have 2 more pairs in stock, but it is worth contacting your local store because the sales assistant said they have 200 more pairs in their warehouse. Cheers.

thanx so much for this info i have been hunting everywhere for .64 and could not find them i read your post contacted my nearest richer sounds and they had them awesome i'd never even heard of richer sounds i cant thank you enough for this info
post #46 of 76 Old 01-08-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky245 View Post

thanx so much for this info i have been hunting everywhere for .64 and could not find them i read your post contacted my nearest richer sounds and they had them awesome i'd never even heard of richer sounds i cant thank you enough for this info

Just to let you all in the UK know i got some 0.64 from PC world on Saturday but they still have the old 0.63 has well so check the sticker first and have sent my 0.63 back to LG head office for 0.64 free replacement but won’t believe it until I get them back
post #47 of 76 Old 01-14-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in PA View Post

Received version 0.64 from LG and they work.

They sent the replacement and now I ship back the version 0.63 glasses to LG (prepaid by LG).

LG customer service has been responsive, although not perfect. I needed to return two pair but they only sent one replacement. They have just shipped the second pair.

Lg did the same thing to me. One at a time. I told them when I get the other pair I will send both at the same time. I don't have time to make two trips too Fed ex. I'm still waiting for pair no.2. Seems like extra work for them. Ver.0.64 works great on my system.
post #48 of 76 Old 01-15-2012, 08:43 PM

I had a pretty easy exchange. Had two glasses with firmware 0.63 and both shut off every ten minutes or so. Finally read that this was an issue so I found an email section on LGs website.

Sent a simple email stating that I had glasses with 0.63 firmware and that I would like to get them replaced to 0.64 since I was experienceing the auto shutoff and had read that 0.64 fixed this issue...

LG asked for serial numbers and proof of purchase (amazon printout) and that was it. They said i would get my replacements in a few days and about 1.5 weeks later got em.

still have the original glases too so until they start asking me to send the faulty ones back, i will have 4 pairs of glasses. not bad. I have had em for 2 weeks now. hehe
post #49 of 76 Old 01-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Picking up my 2 free glasses from PC Richards tonight. Will see if the firmware is the current one. If not I will call LG and demand replacements. No reason why after spending $966 on a new 50PZ950 plasma (got a great deal last week!) that I should be subject to 3d glasses shutting off.

"It's time to nut up or shut up."
post #50 of 76 Old 01-27-2012, 11:58 AM

Just ask I ordered some yesterday from Adorama.com and they had a them for a few bucks above fifty cheapest i've seen them online but you need a special link to access that price. I called in the order as i wanted to verify they were .64 firmware and he assured me they would be as they were out for a while waiting for the .64 to come in so all glasses from Adorama going forward should be .64 firmware. My glasses are scheduled to be delivered today i'll report back on if they actually are .64 firmware. I love this tv so far can't wait to check out how 3D looks. I actually said i'd never get a 3D set much less with active glasses but the design of this set just drew me in.

Lately Adorama has been my go to company scored my 50PZ750 from them a couple weeks ago for 879 via buy.com. If you want the glasses here's the instructions i followed to get the special price. It's the third one down on this link and by far the cheapest I've ever seen. It will show $71.00 initially but will change to $54.00 once added to your cart.

http://bountii.com/product-11192-lg-...FQnd4AodTmBbug

My glasses are scheduled to be delivered today i'll report back on if they actually are .64 firmware. I love this tv so far can't wait to check out how 3D looks. I actually said i'd never get a 3D set much less with active glasses but the design of this set just drew me in the 3D was just a bonus!
post #51 of 76 Old 01-30-2012, 10:05 PM

LG sent me a new pair with the correct software and they work the way they're supposed to. They actually stay on! I thought I'd be able to keep the bad ones but they're bugging me to return them. Actually there's not much they can do because they never asked me for a credit card. I figure after all the s**t I've been through I should be able to keep them, even if they do turn off every ten minutes. I exchanged my glasses with the third party vendor three times and then I gave up because none of them worked. So after four months I decided to email LG to see if there was an update and that's how I found out about their mistake with the software.
post #52 of 76 Old 02-01-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabney View Post

Just ask I ordered some yesterday from Adorama.com and they had a them for a few bucks above fifty cheapest i've seen them online but you need a special link to access that price. I called in the order as i wanted to verify they were .64 firmware and he assured me they would be as they were out for a while waiting for the .64 to come in so all glasses from Adorama going forward should be .64 firmware. My glasses are scheduled to be delivered today i'll report back on if they actually are .64 firmware. I love this tv so far can't wait to check out how 3D looks. I actually said i'd never get a 3D set much less with active glasses but the design of this set just drew me in.

Lately Adorama has been my go to company scored my 50PZ750 from them a couple weeks ago for 879 via buy.com. If you want the glasses here's the instructions i followed to get the special price. It's the third one down on this link and by far the cheapest I've ever seen. It will show $71.00 initially but will change to $54.00 once added to your cart.

My glasses are scheduled to be delivered today i'll report back on if they actually are .64 firmware. I love this tv so far can't wait to check out how 3D looks. I actually said i'd never get a 3D set much less with active glasses but the design of this set just drew me in the 3D was just a bonus!

Did you manage to get version 0.64?
post #53 of 76 Old 02-04-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in PA View Post

Did you manage to get version 0.64?

I did order from Adoroma through the Bountii site and they sent version 0.64 glasses!

Definitely the best price on the web.

I had previously ordered three pairs from Frys.com and they were also 0.64.
post #54 of 76 Old 02-05-2012, 08:40 PM

i have 2 pairs .64 firmware new in box for sale on eBay bought them new kids broke the glass on the TV never opened them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280820671801...84.m1555.l2649
post #55 of 76 Old 02-22-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaulg View Post

LG sent me a new pair with the correct software and they work the way they're supposed to. They actually stay on! I thought I'd be able to keep the bad ones but they're bugging me to return them. Actually there's not much they can do because they never asked me for a credit card. I figure after all the s**t I've been through I should be able to keep them, even if they do turn off every ten minutes. I exchanged my glasses with the third party vendor three times and then I gave up because none of them worked. So after four months I decided to email LG to see if there was an update and that's how I found out about their mistake with the software.

I would love to know what happened? I'm in the same boat, they don't have any form of payment and after what it took to get the new ones sent to me I feel its there fault for not getting a credit card right?
Do they just keep calling you or something because my phone has a blacklist app .
post #56 of 76 Old 02-26-2012, 05:20 AM

thanks for the news, i did not know that.
post #57 of 76 Old 03-02-2012, 03:56 PM

I went to LG.com and opened up a chat with a rep.
Told them I had 2 pairs that shut off.
She asked if they came with tv I said nope.
She said ok I will send you 2 new pair may I have your address.
I gave here My address.
She made 2 case numbers one for each pair.
She said they will be here in 7-10 days and said noting of returning the glasses.
post #58 of 76 Old 03-13-2012, 06:13 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLeZ View Post

I went to LG.com and opened up a chat with a rep.
Told them I had 2 pairs that shut off.
She asked if they came with tv I said nope.
She said ok I will send you 2 new pair may I have your address.
I gave here My address.
She made 2 case numbers one for each pair.
She said they will be here in 7-10 days and said noting of returning the glasses.

they wont replace them IF they came with the TV?
post #59 of 76 Old 04-02-2012, 11:11 AM

Bought 50PZ550T a week ago with extra pair of glasses (0.63), had the glasses changed (another 0.63) then found this thread.
emailed LG with the following,

I have recently purchased a 3D television with an extra pair of AG-S250 glasses. The glasses switch off after 10 minutes when being worn, I have had the glasses replaced but suffer from the same problem. I have since read on forums that you offer a replacement service of 0.63 firmware glasses with 0.64, could I please have mine swapped?
Thank you

Got an email back,

Thankyou for your email.

Please be aware the information you have received on the form is from a third party and is on this occasion incorrect.

The auto shut off feature is a listed specification on the 0.63 glasses and is available for revision within the user manual that accompanied the product on purchase.

The glasses incorporate a motion detection feature which, when the user does not move their head for a period of ten minutes, the glasses will shut off for preservational purposes so as to prevent unnecessary usage.

All that is required to keep the glasses connected via RF signal to the TV is for the user to move their head within ten minute periods or intervals, this will prevent the auto shut off feature turning the glasses off.

You are indeed correct however, that a newer version of the glasses, using an updated firmware version does not incorporate this facility however they are not available upon request or as replacement for 0.63's as due to the aforementioned, the auto shut off is a listed specification.

Should you wish to use 0.64 glasses alongside the TV they would need to be purchased from any respective retailer who holds stock of the item. The glasses are discernable from the 0.63 by the firmware revision being listed on the barcode sticker on the box.

Please could I ask you to complete a short survey based on the response and information that I have provided you today. All feed back given is greatly appreciated and helps to improve LG Electronics Customer Services.

We hope this helps, should you require further assistance please do not hesitate to ask, you can contact us on the number below, via email or through our live chat facility Monday - Friday, 9am - 7pm.

Not quite the response I expected after reading the above posts. Originally I had assumed that my local Currys (where I bought the product) would not have newer glasses but were happy to look for 0.64 versions 'out the back' and exchanged with no qualms. Rare praise for Currys.

Guess how I'm going to respond to the feedback request from LG.
post #60 of 76 Old 04-02-2012, 11:34 AM

Well I responded to their feedback request with "Very dissatisfied"
The reason I gave was,

Re. 3d glasses AG-S250 fw0.63
How can 3D glasses that switch off every 10 minutes when being worn be considered acceptable as a listed specification? Normal head movement is not sufficient to override the auto off. Funny that the next firmware revision removes this feature, an admission that the feature is a problem possibly? To say the feature is available for revision within the user manual that accompanied the product on purchase is ridiculous as I can hardly read the manual inside a sealed box before deciding if I should buy it can I? Besides I would assume that the head movement quoted would be normal movement and not to the degree of Stevie Wonder playing the piano, he would have no problem but then he probably has no use for 3D glasses.

I await their reply
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page