LG 42LW5700 3D with MKV audio problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-05-2011, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys, I have just registered on this site, and this is my first post actually, but I have been visiting the site for years and always found answers to all my problems. Now I have a problem and I cant find the answer anywhere and I thought it was time to ask the experts.

I just bought an LG 3DTV 42LW5700 and is working like a charm, with a little problem with the black levels, and a little backlight bleeding, but my real problem is with playing .MKV files from the USB port. When I open a 1080p MKV file, video looks incredible, but as soon as it starts playing I get a message that says "Unsupported Audio" and all I get is a wonderfull looking movie without audio.

Does anyone knows how to fix this on the TV? Is there any kind of plugins that can be installed via Smart TV or something like that?

Thanks in advance for the support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone? Please?
post #3 of 6 Old 09-06-2011, 03:03 PM

Read the manual, "Unsupported Audio" pretty much self explained. If you MKV file is encoded with DTS which the TV doesn't supported.
post #4 of 6 Old 09-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmo View Post

Hi guys, I have just registered on this site, and this is my first post actually, but I have been visiting the site for years and always found answers to all my problems. Now I have a problem and I cant find the answer anywhere and I thought it was time to ask the experts.

I just bought an LG 3DTV 42LW5700 and is working like a charm, with a little problem with the black levels, and a little backlight bleeding, but my real problem is with playing .MKV files from the USB port. When I open a 1080p MKV file, video looks incredible, but as soon as it starts playing I get a message that says "Unsupported Audio" and all I get is a wonderfull looking movie without audio.

Does anyone knows how to fix this on the TV? Is there any kind of plugins that can be installed via Smart TV or something like that?

Thanks in advance for the support.

Same thing on my LG TV. No DTS sound when playing back an mkv file via the USB ports. It does state in the manual that DTS is not supported. Try running the USB through your Blu Ray player. I have a Samsung and mkv's and DTS sound works fine via my Receiver. You can also get some conversion software and convert the mkv to an mpeg-4 and with different sound. Takes over 2 hours however to convert a 5 gig mkv.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-13-2011, 07:13 PM

Darthmo, any luck on a fix? We just got the same TV, and get the same unsuported audio popup.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-15-2011, 12:55 PM

Did you get an LG Bluray? Everything runs through the player...
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page