Samsung un55d7000 or Sony KDL55HX820 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-10-2011, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was wondering if you guys all had the choice what would you go with? Those are my two choices that I narrowed down to? I appreciate all the help in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-11-2011, 03:09 AM - Thread Starter

100 views no response?
post #3 of 5 Old 09-11-2011, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Your best bet is to look in the owner's threads for those two particular sets and see the owner's feedbacks both positive and negative.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #4 of 5 Old 04-26-2012, 02:27 PM

I'm going to cut down to the chase about the samsung UN55D7000

The TV has so many good features (especially design) that are too many to list, thus, I will focus on the two things I have encountered that I know someone else might have experienced or will experience and are rather disappointing...but don't lose your hopes just yet!

1) Backlight bleeding - My TV came set up for 'store' usage mode, instead for 'home', which increases the bleeding drastically.
Changing to 'home' is quite challenging so you have to read the manual. After I changed the usage mode to 'home', it decreased considerably but was still noticeable.
I visited some forums, websites, and some even advised to put pressure on the screen with my fingers (until I see the screen changing colors), etc, but nothing seemed to work.
I decided to contact Samsung support and they advised me to change PICTURE MODE to 'STANDARD' and adjust the 'BACKLIGHT' to the value of '7'. The support guy/girl mentioned to leave this setting on for 3 weeks. After the three weeks, I should be able to change to any picture mode and to any value for the backlight. Finally, it was mentioned that if I did not see any changes, that a service ticket needs to be placed at this link (you will need to register your TV with Samsung): [...]
I made the change today 4/15/2011 so I will wright another review within 3 weeks to let you know the end results.

2) Sound stops working - I only have a PS3 and a DirecTV satellite box connected to the TV via HDMI cables (hight speed and 3D capable). I have noticed the TV produces no sound for like 1 second and then gradually comes back at a lower volume until it reaches the original volume. I have also noticed it only happens when the picture is set to 'STANDARD' and have only noticed it when the source is the DirecTV box.
I do not run the PS3 on standard mode so I can't compare, but I will do so and pay attention to the results.

In summary, I have to wait for the 3 weeks picture test, and also test the sound using the PS3 source on standard mode.

I know it's a hassle but for a TV that costs over $2000, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get a "perfect" picture and normal working sound (although you would not expect to do this since you are paying a lot of money)

...And if you got this TV from Paul'sTV (whether by Amazon's reseller program or directly from them) expect to pay 15% restocking fee and $100 shipping if you plan to return it.

Hope this helps and please post any questions/comments you may have, and I will try to answer them as soon as possible.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Having worked with both of these sets, I'd go with the HX820, or better yet, the HX850 which just came out.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Sony Bravia Kdl55hx820 55 Inch 1080p 3d Led Hdtv With Built In Wi Fi Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page