Samsung PN51D490 3D Plasma - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-13-2011, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased this tv last week, and have little to no complaints. First it gives great picture, and nice depth to 3D. The only complaint I have about this television is the fact when I am watching 3D, for some odd reason the pop out effects just seem to blur.

I know for a fact it is not my eyes, because when i watch 3D setups at BB I can see the effects popping out to the point of it looking like I can touch things.

Anyone else experiencing this issue with this tv? I have searched all over the web, and have not found much information on this topic. Any information from gurus or people who have experienced this same issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-13-2011, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

alright guys i figured it out by doing more research. my mother had a high speed hdmi wire at her house so i borrowed it and gave it a shot. damn i am glad that i did!!! it was the hdmi all along. i did not think that the high speed would make a difference but the all around 3D is amazing! if you are having issues of any sort with pop out distortion, try to update your cables. get them offline because they are much cheaper then BB. this tv looks amazing at the price it is offered at. i am now a happy owner of a 3d tv.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-25-2011, 11:20 AM

Did you have a regular hdmi cord hooked up before? Is there a difference between a regular hdmi cord and a high speed hdmi cord?
post #4 of 6 Old 09-26-2011, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Yes I had a regular hdmi hooked up at first. I was getting the 3d to work but I noticed that the pop out was sort of blurry. I then tried a highspeed cable I got from online, and it cleared up more. Another thing is that the backgrounds were more clear as well. It puts less strain on my eyes now. Do you have the same model tv?
post #5 of 6 Old 09-26-2011, 10:57 AM

Yes, I just got it Saturday night. I'm going to order the high speed hdmi cable today!!

Have you adjusted the picture much?

If so, can you tell me what you have yours set at? Thanks!!
post #6 of 6 Old 09-27-2011, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Sure I will let you know what my settings are as soon as I get home. Have you had any issues with the 3d? Also order it from amazon. They have highspeed cables for 10, and they work well!! No need for the more expensive brands!
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51d490 51 Inch 720p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv Black , Samsung Pn51d490 51 Inch 3d 600hz Plasma Hdtv 3d Kit
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page