Samsung LED TV Series Dxx6xxx NO FULL HD IN 3D Mode - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 111 Old 01-30-2012, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I came across this thread while trying to find a way of curing the unacceptable crosstalk on the UE60D6505 I bought at the end of December. I had originally purchased an LG55LW650T passive TV and the 3D picture was great. Unfortunately the tuner wasnt so good and it had to go back. I had wanted a replacement but at the time they were out of stock so I went for the bigger and more expensive Sammy, as the active 3D was supposed to be even better. What a mistake. The 2D performance is great but the 3D makes anything with any depth look hazy due to ghosted double images. The Sky 3D test card really shows this up.

Until now I had thought the drop in resolution was due to the crosstalk However having run the tests and observing blue ray material in 2D and 3D it's clear that my set lowers the resolution whenever 3D is engaged.

Samsung may have changed their box design (mine was marked full HD 3D) and altered their advertising but I dont see how they can get around the pop up in the top right hand side of the screen that declares the picture is in full HD 3D whenever I use the blue-ray source.

Like so many others I have also gone through the gambit of resetting the TV and disabling the noise filter etc and I am now finally waiting for a Samsung engineer to arrange a visit. It seems that Samsung's idea of customer service is to fob people off for as long as possible. Certainly in my experience their customer service technical advisers don't know what they are talking about. The woman I spoke to today told me that I'm sitting too close and that I should be at least 6 metres away from a TV of that size to watch 3D. On reflection she may be right because at that distance there is less chance of being be able to identify some of the problems with the set. Perhaps this is Samsung's new ploy to con the people who don't know any better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 111 Old 02-03-2012, 08:07 AM

my T27A950 can't fullhd 3d to
post #93 of 111 Old 02-03-2012, 06:07 PM

I got your message nitra. But after 2 weeks of painful emails and phone conversations a rep called me today and "supposedly" set me up for a 7000 replacement.
Will keep updated as im suppose to get another final call and the shipment.
Apparently what really upset them was the negative (true) facebook comments. Rep was like "please dont post bad stuff on our facebook" after our 10 min discussion.
post #94 of 111 Old 02-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 56
Crizume; took me 2 phone calls, after I hit the ECR department, they put me up to the OOP.

If they set you up with a replacement, it is in fact on the way.
You will get another call when the shipment is on the way to book an appointment for delivery.

The whole process was painless. Maybe that was because I was escalated in the right direction right away, you likely had to jump through a couple of hoops first., the rep likely didn't understand what was going on.
After this, I really have nothing but praise for the way they handled it.
post #95 of 111 Old 02-04-2012, 09:47 AM

Sweet. Got my confirmation Emails this morning and my exchange ticket order/number. Just awaiting delivery.

As to nitra. I was able to get through to ECR a week or two back but the represantitive was less then helpful. Was fully aware of the problem and the legal consequences but refused to help. He mentioned the OOP but denied me a number and only gave me the Email address. All in all I was finally able to get through so no hard feelings.

Here's Hoping my unit arrives this week.
post #96 of 111 Old 02-04-2012, 09:59 AM

As for you Bri heres the link to my post

http://www.facebook.com/SamsungUSA/p...50508499541693

This was when the archived product specs were still on their server and surprisingly the next morning they mysteriously disappeared.

And Wow after I posted this I noticed the old link is removed from the conversation. XD
post #97 of 111 Old 02-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitra View Post

Crizume; took me 2 phone calls, after I hit the ECR department, they put me up to the OOP.

If they set you up with a replacement, it is in fact on the way.
You will get another call when the shipment is on the way to book an appointment for delivery.

The whole process was painless. Maybe that was because I was escalated in the right direction right away, you likely had to jump through a couple of hoops first., the rep likely didn't understand what was going on.
After this, I really have nothing but praise for the way they handled it.

Nitra, thanks for the update. Which model did Samsung replace your set with? I assume the D7000, but just want to confirm. Also, how does the picture quality compare with the old one?
post #98 of 111 Old 02-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 56
Yes it was a UN46D7000, I already had a UN55D7000 in the other room.
The picture difference is slightly noticable, all in all the sets were very much alike (d6500/d7000) but the 7000 has much better contrast.

I moved my settings from the ISF calibration to my new one, looks outstanding.
post #99 of 111 Old 02-05-2012, 06:19 PM

I believe not Bri.

If I am not mistaken no 6xxx series tv has FULL 3D HD capabilities. Not even the 6900 (some reports say the 60 in tv's are not affected). Samsung is still trying to phase out the advertisement but I see some companies still haven't gotten around to changing it.
post #100 of 111 Old 02-09-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget54 View Post

I came across this thread while trying to find a way of curing the unacceptable crosstalk on the UE60D6505 I bought at the end of December. I had originally purchased an LG55LW650T passive TV and the 3D picture was great. Unfortunately the tuner wasnt so good and it had to go back. I had wanted a replacement but at the time they were out of stock so I went for the bigger and more expensive Sammy, as the active 3D was supposed to be even better. What a mistake. The 2D performance is great but the 3D makes anything with any depth look hazy due to ghosted double images. The Sky 3D test card really shows this up.

Until now I had thought the drop in resolution was due to the crosstalk However having run the tests and observing blue ray material in 2D and 3D it's clear that my set lowers the resolution whenever 3D is engaged.

Samsung may have changed their box design (mine was marked full HD 3D) and altered their advertising but I dont see how they can get around the pop up in the top right hand side of the screen that declares the picture is in full HD 3D whenever I use the blue-ray source.

Like so many others I have also gone through the gambit of resetting the TV and disabling the noise filter etc and I am now finally waiting for a Samsung engineer to arrange a visit. It seems that Samsung's idea of customer service is to fob people off for as long as possible. Certainly in my experience their customer service technical advisers don't know what they are talking about. The woman I spoke to today told me that I'm sitting too close and that I should be at least 6 metres away from a TV of that size to watch 3D. On reflection she may be right because at that distance there is less chance of being be able to identify some of the problems with the set. Perhaps this is Samsung's new ploy to con the people who don't know any better.

Hello m8!

Im thinking about buying this set but before I have some questions for you

Besides the 3d...

* Is the 2d pic any good in sd tv and in hd bluray?

* The blacks any good?

* Viewing angle?

* Much cloudning/banding?

\\\\ Regards
post #101 of 111 Old 02-16-2012, 12:40 PM

My UND7000 arrived today...Just set it up.
Its a H301 build from 12/31/2011

Time to mess with nitra's settings from other thread.
post #102 of 111 Old 02-26-2012, 03:32 PM

I have a UN60D6400 with firmware 1026. I just tried viewing the mpo file in 3D and compared it to the test pattern in 2D. The alphabet letters are less sharp and the first and third horizontal bars in the first column on the left are a continuous grey instead of showing lines, etc. I guess I have to decide whether it is worth hounding Samsung to get a replacement 7000.

Can you tell me what those abbreviations mean?

Thanks.
post #103 of 111 Old 02-28-2012, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 52
wow i can't believe samsung would do this. Everyone expects a 1080p tv to broadcast in 1080p HD unless otherwise stated. But no they passed it off as 3d is the same as 2d by not saying 2d 1080p and 3d in 540p. That way we know what we're getting. I'm thinking gonna return mine.

Edit: Do the other TV companies do this too? or are they full 1080p in 3d if they carry 3d?
post #104 of 111 Old 02-28-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason626 View Post

wow i can't believe samsung would do this. Everyone expects a 1080p tv to broadcast in 1080p HD unless otherwise stated. But no they passed it off as 3d is the same as 2d by not saying 2d 1080p and 3d in 540p. That way we know what we're getting. I'm thinking gonna return mine.

Edit: Do the other TV companies do this too? or are they full 1080p in 3d if they carry 3d?

Jason as far as I am aware all other "active 3d" tv's have full 1080P 3D if they use active glasses. LG's Passive and any other that do use passive only transmit 3D in 540 like this series do to passive's technical limitations.
post #105 of 111 Old 08-06-2012, 01:00 PM

Anyone have a direct email of someone who can order a replacement for my UN55D6400. This situation is absolutely awful that they can try to pull this crap. I purchased my TV from Amazon in June 2011. Looking to go 3D and now I discover this. I bought this TV knowing it was advertised as Full HD in 3D. As advertised by both Samsung and Amazon.
post #106 of 111 Old 12-02-2012, 01:33 PM

Ok I Just filled a complain against samsung with the FTC about the false advertising, anyone else want to do the same?
post #107 of 111 Old 12-14-2012, 06:42 PM

Well Finally I made it!! Samsung is going to chance my TV UN460D6400 for a UN46ES7500 pretty good uh!! biggrin.gif Finally!! thanks to this threat for the pictures, proofs and information!! thanks to all:)
post #108 of 111 Old 03-12-2013, 12:50 PM

Lots of people are complaining, to the FTC and elsewhere. Also looks like a couple of law firms are investigating. Here's one concerning alleged "false advertising" by Samsung: http://www.classlawsuit.com/samsung-falsely-advertises-full-hd-for-certain-3d-televisions/
post #109 of 111 Old 05-25-2013, 10:41 PM

Hi guys....

I could provide some screenshots,but i would like to find out if my 55d6420 samsung tv has this Bad 3d problem,or if its already been fixed by fw upadte or what??

I have NEVER had a problem with the Res on my 3d movies....Its wicked hi def....

A: how would i know if i have the affected set (like a test)

B: has this (if it even can be) been resolved by fw update?

Im like 99% sure im getting 1080p from my 3d movies...

if you could email/pm me to let me know if this is already resolved ot not i would love you...Even maybe send an invite your way to a very exclusive site!
post #110 of 111 Old 06-13-2013, 08:59 AM

It is also Happening with the UN55EH6070 it is not FULL HD 3D. Despite being advertised as it. it is nothing more than a UN55EH6030 but has a blue ray player pakaged in.
post #111 of 111 Old 06-13-2013, 09:07 AM

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN55EH6070FXZA-features 7654_LED_55_6070_V3.pdf 818k .pdf file
Yet the un55eh6030 says Full HD in 2D mode (3d capable) 7946_LED_55_6030_V7.pdf.pdf 742k .pdf file

These units are identical other than the Claim that one is Full HD in 3D mode (though neither are)

Ill add images this evening of the un55eh6070 with the test Image in 2d and 3d so you can see the degradation is just as bad as the D6 issues, perhaps even worse. Its horrible how Samsung has managed to do this again. I have been a VERY LOYAL customer and even asked Live Chat and Emailed Samsung prior to my exchange (pay more for the proper unit) period running out at the retail store. I was assured is was Full HD in 3D twice on live chat and Once in voice by calling the 800 Number, just to find out it's not capable after running the test image. The .MPO file automatically places the tv in 3d mode and it looks horrible. The lettering is low rez the corners are jagged and not sharp.. I purchased this tv ONLY for the FULL HD 3D FEATURE.. shame
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60d6500 60 Inch 1080p 120hz 3d Led Tv 2011 Model
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page