Originally Posted by JoshFink
I've been going back and forth on whether to get a 55" or 65" TV. I think I'm ok with the 55" and now I need to pick which of these two I want.
I've read the threads over and over again that deal with these two TV's separately. I still can't make up my mind.
I could have sworn I saw somewhere that it said the panels in these two TV's were exactly the same. If that's the case then there should be no differences correct?
I also am under the impression that 99% of the people that love a TV don't respond so you're more likely to hear negatives than positives.
Any thoughts on someone who has work with both TV's? I'd love to hear it. The price difference between these two right now is about $500 so it's pretty significant.
Thanks for your time and help
I was also previously considering the Toshiba after I decided on going with Polarized 3D technology instead of Shutter. I currently own the 55LW6500.
The main things I like about Toshiba are 1) the nice brushed metal bezel, 2) price.
I came to realize after buying the LG though, there are several LG-specific things that I appreciate:
1) Bluetooth Magic Wand remote
2) Smoother, faster smart TV interface with Apps, Premium services (facebook, netflix, etc)
3) SOLID media streaming (DLNA) capabilities, playing the latest formats like MKV, etc.
4) Fast performance - TV turns on immediately, instead of 15-20 seconds for the Tosh (from what some people have said).
5) Relative reliability (seems some received some Toshibas that turned out to be lemons, so far haven't seen that in LG).