Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread - Page 100 - AVS Forum
First ... 98  99  100 101  102  ... Last
3D Displays > Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread
kixpress's Avatar kixpress 02:23 PM 07-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by space123321 View Post

I am really having a hard time deciding what HMD to go to - HMZ or st1080 (any comments would be appreciated)! I was a previous owner of the Sony, therefore I totally understand what is required to mod it for comfort (I ended up with the welders mod). I had sold the Sony to replace it with the ST1080 (and the fact that I made a profit on the Sony due to demand). I am on the fence, off the fence with the ST1080 due to the issues with the tech, however the portability and 1080p is what is really pushing me! On the other hand, the Sony has an outstanding picture (once fitted correctly) however only 720p. I have a chance to grab a slightly used Sony and remod it again at a fairly good price.... hmmmmm what to do lol!
On a side note, I am patiently waiting the Oculus kickstarter kit for a full immersive HMD - what should my everyday and movies HMD be - st or HMZ???
i believe there is only once answer here - get HMZ-T1.
ST1080 looks good on paper. if you haven't seen HMZ-T1 before, you will be amazed by the quality of image. if you already used HMZ-T1 and then compare it to ST1080..

bravia3D's Avatar bravia3D 03:30 PM 07-09-2012
I'd have to say the HMZ as well. The ST1080 needs some work and the HMZ is much better.
vaktmestern's Avatar vaktmestern 12:18 PM 07-10-2012
Lets hope sony feel fit to make a 1080p hmz-1 next year cool.gif
AV Science Sales 4's Avatar AV Science Sales 4 05:23 AM 07-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post

Lets hope sony feel fit to make a 1080p hmz-1 next year cool.gif

We should know the answer to that in late August or early September.
kuutee's Avatar kuutee 05:46 AM 07-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindskog View Post

Hi, I just bought the HMZ-T1 yesterday and I have not had time to read anything here, but I am not as impressed by the sound as by the picture.

Is there some way to get the sound out of the HDMI output to a ordinary 3.5 mm headphone jack at the same time as using the HMZ headset?

Thanks

I soldered those two audio wires in hmz to female 3.5mm plug. That solved my audio problem. Only prob was, where to place it in my mod,
GuluGulu's Avatar GuluGulu 03:58 AM 07-13-2012
Hi All,

I am from India and yesterday ordered a HMZ-T1 from eBay. In India Sony does not sell this item. It will hopefully arrive in next 15 days.

As I am new, and intending to play some 3D content, I don't have a stand alone 3D BD player. Instead I have the following:

1. Samsung Laptop having the following configuration:

Core i7 CPU, 2GHz.
8GB RAM, 2GB Video RAM with NVIDIA Geforce GT540M, HDMI output, 750GB HDD
Integrated Blu-Ray Player.

How can I play 3D movie with the above configuration? Will this machine support 3D?

Beside the above, I have a Western Digital WD TV Media Player having HDMI out. Will this support 3D?

And also I have Fuji W3 3D camera. I think I can play 3D directly from this with a direct HDMI connection.

Any help?

May God Bless all of us,

Bulan.
ViruzzX's Avatar ViruzzX 04:28 AM 07-13-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuluGulu View Post

Hi All,
I am from India and yesterday ordered a HMZ-T1 from eBay. In India Sony does not sell this item. It will hopefully arrive in next 15 days.
As I am new, and intending to play some 3D content, I don't have a stand alone 3D BD player. Instead I have the following:
1. Samsung Laptop having the following configuration:
Core i7 CPU, 2GHz.
8GB RAM, 2GB Video RAM with NVIDIA Geforce GT540M, HDMI output, 750GB HDD
Integrated Blu-Ray Player.
How can I play 3D movie with the above configuration? Will this machine support 3D?
Beside the above, I have a Western Digital WD TV Media Player having HDMI out. Will this support 3D?
And also I have Fuji W3 3D camera. I think I can play 3D directly from this with a direct HDMI connection.
Any help?
May God Bless all of us,
Bulan.

You just need to install CyberLink PowerDVD 11 or 12 that's all, then you will be able to play 3D Blu Ray movies

For 3D games your PC config is not enough for modern games, you can play some DirectX9 games with low settings
Peter_Wiggin's Avatar Peter_Wiggin 10:46 PM 07-13-2012
Anyone waiting to see the Zeiss Cinemizer OLED?
bravia3D's Avatar bravia3D 01:45 AM 07-14-2012
I forsure am waiting to see reviews for it, not buying this time until I know it's good. Looks promising but hope it's not another ST1080....
m. zillch's Avatar m. zillch 09:28 AM 07-14-2012
At only 870 x 500 pixels, the Zeiss isn't even HD, it is SD. I already consider the Sony to be only marginally acceptable with its 720P panels, but dropping even lower than that I would immediately dismiss for my intended TV/movie use.
beatet's Avatar beatet 02:39 PM 07-15-2012
I ´m a proud owner of the HMZ-T1 , it´s fantastic but probably I´ll sell it when this appears: http://oculusvr.com/?page_id=2
sonicoliver's Avatar sonicoliver 10:32 AM 07-16-2012
it's not HD though... I don't know, HMZ is the best HMD I have seen to date.
beatet's Avatar beatet 01:37 PM 07-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicoliver View Post

it's not HD though... I don't know, HMZ is the best HMD I have seen to date.

Not now but they say it will be 1200x800
kixpress's Avatar kixpress 01:40 PM 07-16-2012
omg, can't read full sentence?
-Input resolution of 1280×800, split between two eyes

so it will be like 640x800 per eye? pretty low, but i'd love to see that increased FOV.
beatet's Avatar beatet 03:00 PM 07-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kixpress View Post

omg, can't read full sentence?
-Input resolution of 1280×800, split between two eyes
so it will be like 640x800 per eye? pretty low, but i'd love to see that increased FOV.

relax man
sonicoliver's Avatar sonicoliver 11:57 PM 07-16-2012
increased FOV will lower your effective res even further, because a portion of the screen will be essentially in your periphery vision.

Like I said, HMZ is the current market leader in terms of quality and resolution. If you actually own one I'm surprised you are looking elsewhere so soon.
beatet's Avatar beatet 07:16 AM 07-17-2012
I´m delighted wlth HMZ but I´m looking for TOTAL inmersion in games so I hope someday it will be something better to spend my money rolleyes.gif
andersos's Avatar andersos 10:41 AM 07-17-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 4 View Post

We should know the answer to that in late August or early September.

Do you mean they may show something at IFA?
bravia3D's Avatar bravia3D 04:22 PM 07-23-2012
I been able to use my HMZ with my head cushion for over 3 hours now, been watching numerous concerts with the light blocker and loving it! I hope Sony comes out with a new model in the future that is smaller and 1080p or better.
johnsmith808's Avatar johnsmith808 09:50 PM 07-23-2012
Found answers, sorry.
IBlackMambaI's Avatar IBlackMambaI 10:13 AM 07-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohd2000 View Post

just make it perfect, i'll buy it biggrin.gif

First results:

As you can see down left, the polyamide material is very sensitive to moisture, i.e. even tiny amounts of sweat.

Nonetheless, the image is perfectly sharp - center and edges at both times. ;-)
I'll try to reduce some parts in the near future. Hopefully the current weight of 145g (case) decreases to... let's say 100-120g.
squall12's Avatar squall12 09:25 PM 07-25-2012
nice mods.
mohd2000's Avatar mohd2000 08:21 AM 07-26-2012
i wonder if thats available for sale biggrin.gif
IBlackMambaI's Avatar IBlackMambaI 05:26 AM 07-27-2012
Currently it really was more of a prototype to see if it's working at all, i.e. the optics mount inside, integration of the control device (that plate with the 4 buttons) into the case.

Like I said I'm going to refine the concept the next days/weeks. Gonna upload that file to shapeways as well then.
bravia3D's Avatar bravia3D 02:57 PM 07-28-2012
Pretty cool
ViruzzX's Avatar ViruzzX 11:23 AM 07-30-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBlackMambaI View Post

Currently it really was more of a prototype to see if it's working at all, i.e. the optics mount inside, integration of the control device (that plate with the 4 buttons) into the case.

Like I said I'm going to refine the concept the next days/weeks. Gonna upload that file to shapeways as well then.

How expensive is this mod?

Can you extend the face part a big to sides and add holes for ski mask rubber holder thingy?
IBlackMambaI's Avatar IBlackMambaI 03:38 AM 07-31-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViruzzX View Post

How expensive is this mod?
Can you extend the face part a big to sides and add holes for ski mask rubber holder thingy?

Well, currently it is around 250€ (without prof. headstrap). Material = black strong flexible
I noticed that the base material still is white, the black color is just a final production step. If you go to order the model in pure white polyamide it then only costs around 195€

Regarding the ski mask mod you don't need the mounting parts as well, which reduces the price to around 175€

Also, like I mentioned in an earlier posting, there still is some potential to optimize the case and get it cheaper. Though I would say that you can't get below 120-130€ ;-)
Skylinestar's Avatar Skylinestar 12:54 PM 08-01-2012
Is there anyone who wears the HMZ-T1 for video only but listens to the movie audio through separate 5.1/7.1 speakers (aka not using the headphone)?
m. zillch's Avatar m. zillch 03:05 PM 08-01-2012
There's a [potential] problem with that. Even though you may insist "I don't move my head around , at all, when I watch." In truth, you actually do by small degrees. This is a natural tendency of both humans (and dogs) to evaluate their surroundings sonically through the change in the intra-aural left vs right ear crosstalk, time delay, level and changes in the frequency response due to HRTF changes.

When the image stays fixed yet the sound field rotates about, it is disconcerting and in extreme situations can even cause vertigo or nausea, in some, because the brain is getting conflicting information about one's sense of space and surroundings.

If you keep your head locked it wont be a problem and you may not be as disturbed by it as some are, however I thought to warn you.

There have been very special experimental headphones desinged which will pan and tilt the sound field about as attached sensors monitor your head movements. I believe some call this "de-convolution".
rjyap's Avatar rjyap 05:22 AM 08-02-2012
I do watch 3D movie with HMZ-T1 with 5.1 sound system. No problem with sound direction as the head movement is small. Also play some 3D game that doesn't required head tracking is fine. You don't need pinpoint accuracy for RPG or platform game. For FPS, I use headphone with Dolby 3D support.
Tags: 3d Hdtv
First ... 98  99  100 101  102  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop