Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 3382 Old 11-14-2011, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIMS View Post

This is what I wanted to hear. Are you running it on PC? I'm going to be playing on ps3, although I don't think that its in 3d.

Yep.. on the PC.. I've not plugged it into my ps3 yet. I kinda just play driving and platform games on the PS3. So far Arma, Skyrim and MW3 on the PC are amazing. like everyone says just stick with setting it up on your head and after a bit you seem to just get used to it and it everything looks awesome.

I cannot believe people talk about comparable projectors. I have a 1080p at 100"+ and it's not about the size.. it's about the immersion. With head tracking in ARMA2 it's tricks your head so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 3382 Old 11-14-2011, 04:30 PM

right....I'm going to get a 3d ISO on this existing pc to see if it can be played. Though when this bad boy comes I'll no doubt buy a new pc (its a dual core 2.2ghz but its a small form factor so only has an average low profile card in it)

As 3d is still new to me (my only 3d is over in Disney/Universal in the US (and so lots of cheap pop effects) ), trying to get caught up on what is best/main formats for 3d, when it comes to converting them etc.

Would I be right in thinking that a SBS MKV/chd or whatever format is a lossless remux if its set to 'full' vs half? So in otherwords if don't mind menus, then SBS would still keep all quality intact?

And I presume Nvidia are still the card of choice over AMD/Radeon
post #453 of 3382 Old 11-14-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastyUK View Post

thanks for the reply mate... Feel like I'm missing something.. Installed the 3dtv and the update but I see everything in anaglyph red/blue when I press ctrl T.. I thought 3d vision was side by side. and where do you define the 19" setup? I feel like im completely missing an application.

I have no idea yet, as I don't have a 3D setup (at least not one that follows the technology of this decade). My 19" / 110" setup is my old as hell PC monitor on an armature and my front projector. I've been waiting for the headset to arrive, which might be a while. I ordered on the 5th of November and was told the 16th of January for an update, then the 12th of January just a few minutes ago. The reps are getting nasty...she came at me with an attitude saying natural disasters happen and there's nothing we can do about it...probably dealt with a lot of angry people today. But I digress...

I would guess the anaglyph mode is set outside of the game with the 3DTV Play utility. Side by Side isn't the mode you want to use, it shoves both frames into the same resolution. I believe 720p 60Hz frame-packed is the best one, as it has the full resolution. Make sure your HMZ-T1 is set to auto for the 3D mode. I'm sure someone here with the headset can help better than I can.
post #454 of 3382 Old 11-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
I use 3DTV Play. When it did the red/blue stuff once before, i didn't have it quite installed correctly. There is also an auto-updater on the Nvidia site you might try on top of that. You also have to enable it too, but you prob know that.
post #455 of 3382 Old 11-14-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tory40 View Post

I use 3DTV Play. When it did the red/blue stuff once before, i didn't have it quite installed correctly. There is also an auto-updater on the Nvidia site you might try on top of that. You also have to enable it too, but you prob know that.

Ah you maybe correct.. i just was messing around trying to get the games to play on a single output and now I only get red blue in Blueray also.

Do you do the setup wizard where it gives you the 4 options to pick from?
post #456 of 3382 Old 11-14-2011, 06:35 PM

For anyone interested in the Las Vegas area, the Sony Store has it in stock right now. It will go quickly.
post #457 of 3382 Old 11-14-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:

Ah you maybe correct.. i just was messing around trying to get the games to play on a single output and now I only get red blue in Blueray also.

ok figured the hmd has to be set as primary and the 3d suport icon has to be present on the nvidia 3d settings page.. "
post #458 of 3382 Old 11-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

For each new install, i have to run the setup wizard, which laods up automatically when enabling 3D for the first time.

EDIT: oops, i see you got it figured out.
post #459 of 3382 Old 11-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizaine View Post

That should be plenty of horse power. I have a 2011 MBP and I've tried it from a Core 2 Duo MacMini and it's been perfect. I just use VLC full screen. I have the Mac set to output 1080p and then set the HMZ to SBS mode. I'm guessing the HMZ is spitting the signal and THEN converting it to 720p, because it looks fantastic.

Maybe your copy of monsters is corrupt?

I remuxed to a .ts and the PS3 rejects it too, so I suspect you're right... though I am basing this on the assumption that a standard remux via tsmuxer would work. And the Core i5 kills the Core 2 Duo, so that's a great metric!

What have you tried? Anything you're okay naming?

Thanks.

-Pie

"The Brothers, they think I don't know a buttload of crap about the Gospel..." -Nacho
Story Bytes - Very Short Stories
http://www.storybytes.com
post #460 of 3382 Old 11-14-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post

Having framerate issues on the MacBook Pro for SBS playback.

I'm using a mid-2010 MBP, Core i5 2.53Ghz, 8GB RAM.

I have tried VLC and something called Bino which I'd never heard of before. Both did fine until there was a major transition. In Monsters vs. Aliens the B&W opening plays smoothly, but once it burns up, I lose frames like crazy. This happens similarly at different points in the movie.

I booted into Windows XP, tried VLC again, and it was actually even worse!

Has anyone had experience with 3D SBS playback on a MacBook Pro in particular? I would think I have the horsepower, or that the GPU should take some load, but I've always streamed content so I'm not as experienced at on-board playback options.

-Pie

I have the same model exempt 2.4Ghz and 4GB of ram but with the hi-res screen. I always have to close everything else, especially browsers and word processors, maybe not mail or ichat. It shouldn't be your processor or ram to blame because I have less in both departments. I also use VLC.
post #461 of 3382 Old 11-14-2011, 10:55 PM

Coming to the sad realization that I'm probably going to have to return mine due to a defective earpiece. The static I keep hearing during scenes with loud bass is not only annoying, but only present in the left side of the headphones. A shame as I'm loving everything else about it.
post #462 of 3382 Old 11-14-2011, 11:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Astonishingly I just had a dispatch notice for my order in the UK at a very odd 7:30am. Despite me choosing express delivery, it just says within 3-5 days and no tracking number. I will call them to check on this.

Looks like Dave's information was better than mine...and fortunately in a good way.

EDIT: Sony advised that it is on a next-day despite the email and I now have a courier tracking number. It should come tomorrow. They told me there was a few extra above the Harrods delivery satisfying the earliest pre-orders placed.
post #463 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 12:03 AM

Just got TrackIR 5 fully set up with the HMZ-T1. I have to say right off the bat these two devices where made for each other. It took no time at all to set up the TrackIR 5. Using some scotch tape, I was able to attach the clip directly to the front of the HMZ.

Updated to show footage of Skyrim!
Here is a video of it working:
http://youtu.be/5OLCFMBWT6I

Here is a pic with the clip attached. Not real high tech, but it works for testing.

I put a strip of tape under it to prevent any unwanted scratches.
post #464 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 01:05 AM

Cool video it seems like it works great, I wish you would've done a first person shooter though.
post #465 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-Viper View Post

Just got TrackIR 5 fully set up with the HMZ-T1. I have to say right off the bat these two devices where made for each other. It took no time at all to set up the TrackIR 5. Using some scotch tape, I was able to attach the clip directly to the front of the HMZ.

Thanks for the video, nice production values I must say!

I was thinking about getting the TrackIR 5 to go with the HMZ (when it eventually arrives). A couple of questions:

- How laggy does the TrackIR feel? Youtube videos of others using it tends to make it look quite responsive, but I wonder if you'd be more sensitive to lag with a headset.

- Not sure if WOW has the possibility for independent character / camera movement. If it doesn't and you're just using the TrackIR as a mouse emulator, how playable is it? I'm basically wondering if this would work to play something like Skyrim, or if all the head movement will basically cause a heap of neck-strain due to the weight of the device and the large amount of movement required. Oh, and whether or not using your head to aim at enemies is a very tiring exercise.

Cheers!
post #466 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 01:39 AM

Very nice video, Vic-Viper! I wonder, too, how this would work out in Skyrim actually...

Speaking of which, somemore info I also posted on the Nvidia 3d Vision board:

I made myself some batch file which adds a ton of additional depth (or so I imagine, at least now I think it's as deep as I ever could wish for, thanks to Bloody from 3d Vision blog for the instructions: this variant is for 64bit systems):

@Echo Off
@START /D "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\skyrim" TESV.exe
@TIMEOUT 10
@REG ADD "HKLM\\Software\\Wow6432Node\\NVIDIA Corporation\\Global\\Stereo3D" /v MonitorSize /t REG_DWORD /d 50 /f

This I click to start Skyrim and it sets the supposed screensize to HEX 50 (DECIMAL 80) - Nvidia's defaults are at HEX A0 (DECIMAL 160). The decicmal numbers are double the diagnoal of your screen in inch. Now with the HMZ-T it's hard to say what its diagonal is and how far you sit away from it. I found Nvidia defaults good, but longed for more and this does it (or I illusion myself into it here, hehe). The smaller you set that number, the more depth you get. I would be eager to know if this works for you, too, and which settings fit the best for you (depth wheel of the emitter to 100%).

Again, I cannot believe how absolutley mindblowing this HMZ-T (togther with Nvidia's drivers and Skyrim) is. It's the most immersive gaming experience of my life so far - by a tremendous amount compared to anything I know. Perhaps high end projector users would not be so impressed (though they too have to rely on dimming glasses and images diplayed on top of each other), hard for me to say as I never used a projector for stereo 3d gaming.

If I was swimming in money, I would make a bundle and sent it to Todd Howards and Pete Hines from Bethesda to show them what they are actually missing - it would bring them to tears (they would hide them of course, hehe, but hey, I would know nonetheless, harf!).

Ah, add another drawback (trying to remain as objective as somebody totally blown away can be):
7. Harder to scratch forehead when it itches, damn it .
post #467 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStatt View Post

Astonishingly I just had a dispatch notice for my order in the UK at a very odd 7:30am. Despite me choosing express delivery, it just says within 3-5 days and no tracking number. I will call them to check on this.

Looks like Dave's information was better than mine...and fortunately in a good way.

EDIT: Sony advised that it is on a next-day despite the email and I now have a courier tracking number. It should come tomorrow. They told me there was a few extra above the Harrods delivery satisfying the earliest pre-orders placed.

Thats fantastic news Jon, was not getting my hopes to high for tommorow, but the fact that yours seems to be on its way as well bodes well for us.

Its my day off work today, if only it would arrive early

Dave
post #468 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 03:58 AM

don't suppose you live near Teesside so I can have a play (said the archbishop) when it comes lol

Finally caved in and preordered from Stoneaudio - 20% off too tempting a price even if it is a couple of weeks or so longer than Sonys own preorders....tho anything beyond that and may have to cancel and reorder who knows

any others had problems with buzzing/static noises on the earpieces? Also do they go to a reasonably loud volume?
post #469 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-Viper View Post

Here is a video of it working:
http://youtu.be/a84y85jUutg?hd=1

Here is a pic with the clip attached. Not real high tech, but it works for testing.

I put a strip of tape under it to prevent any unwanted scratches.

Its really great.. I already had my trackir setup so just taped the led clip to the side and off I went.. I only tried it in ARMA 2 and iracing so far which is pretty cool in arma heli's and such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mgao...ayer_embedded#!

You can get arma 2 free here without campaigns.. but please support this developer and pick up the full game.. In my opinion they are one of the few great game companies left. bargain game pack at steam. if you havent seen it. it certainly the only sim type war game which suite the hmd and trackir as its not crazy fast play.

Skyrim wont use Trackir sadly. it seems Bethesda are all against it.. maybe we should all right and mention it.

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/...t&Number=49313

Quote:

For whatever reason, Bethesda actually has a very strict policy against supporting third party inputs, like TrackIR. They've been very consistent in this.

from naturalpoint.

everyone get over here to the Bethesda forum and post your support on this thread for TrackIR

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...opid__19246532 You can lohin with your fb account.
post #470 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 05:48 AM

I wonder if there will be firmware updates to fix weak or what others call "natural" 3D...
post #471 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:

I wonder if there will be firmware updates to fix weak or what others call "natural" 3D...

No need to - 3d is very strong if you wish. It all depends on your settings. Playing Skyrim right now with much pop-out and very deep inscreen depth.
post #472 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 06:31 AM

I am now an official HMZ-T1 owner! Can't wait to try this thing out tonight.
post #473 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1210 View Post

Thats fantastic news Jon, was not getting my hopes to high for tommorow, but the fact that yours seems to be on its way as well bodes well for us.

Its my day off work today, if only it would arrive early

Dave

I just phoned up and I missed out on the first batch in the UK. I ordered 3 days too late apparently, although im sure I ordered it the first day it was available on the wesbite. Nevermind.

He told me they would be getting the next batch of 70 the first week of December and I will definitely be in that one.
post #474 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 07:11 AM

who are you speaking to to find out which batch your orders would be in? Sony UK sales teams directly?

Would they be able to tell approximately which batch shipment you'd be in if you were to preorder now, or are any of them chances long gone?

Would be interesting to know just how many have been ordered in the UK
post #475 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Tboy View Post

who are you speaking to to find out which batch your orders would be in? Sony UK sales teams directly?

Would they be able to tell approximately which batch shipment you'd be in if you were to preorder now, or are any of them chances long gone?

Would be interesting to know just how many have been ordered in the UK

Yeah Sony UK. Apparently there were 17 extra from the Harrods order so any UK people getting theirs now will probably be because of that.

He told me there are going to be two shipments in December and I should be in the first. Im guessing both batches are probably already allocated. Im not sure if they will know when they are getting anymore stock after that
post #476 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 08:07 AM

Liked: 11
Drat! I asked them to give me a call if there were any spare. So much for that plan!
post #477 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 08:17 AM

Liked: 12
Hi Guys,
Just been into Harrods to see what's happening with these in terms of delivery.
I was originally advised that they would have delivery on the 10th November but couldn't release them Until the 15th.
I was told today that they had only 15 units delivered this morning. On Friday last week I was told 40 were coming in.
So it seems that I just missed this first shipment by a couple of other preorders and am down for the next delivery which they say is early December. Apparently its alright, I'll have it for Christmas!!
(Definitely not the right thing to say to a customer! I preordered early for a reason and that doesn't make me feel any better with all the mis-information).
post #478 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 08:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Posted the following on the Sony F 3D laptop owners thread in another forum and thought people may want to read how I describe the HMZ-T1 to others.
Quote:

The only area where the HMZ T1 is superior to the F 3D is in the 3D-rendering realm.

It is the first consumer 720P high definition device to have native discrete-3D technology. The epitome of two distinct angled images going separately to each individual eye, rendering the real-life illusions of 3D. 100% of the light from each display goes to each eye because filtering is not necessary; it is the same as watching a 2D display. There is no crosstalk/ghosting artifacts caused by double images on a single display or by out-of-sync glasses. There is no flickering which allows for total 3D immersion. Authored 3D-depth is 100% achieved when connecting the unit to the F 3D (@ maximum settings), Blu-ray 3D player, and when viewing DirectTV 3D channels, when comparing it to a 65" Panasonic Viera 3D plasma.

For experiences of similar products rendering discrete-3D - think Viewmaster or the "Holmes type stereoscopes" of the 1800's..

The first-generation headset is not at all comfortable for short or long periods and seriously needs redesigning. Also, 1080P will be demanded (if technically possible) for the next model.

The F 3D from my experiences, beats the HMZ-T1 in quality picture and in every other aspect. Haven't experienced another consumer product that I have enjoyed better than the F 3D for 3D rendering with the [inferior] active 3D technology.

Paul

FYI:
I love the discrete-3D technology (I'm a 3D Addict!) and will work with the headset until I can where it comfortably or break it (redesign what I have) just to view 3D Blu-rays with it to get my fix and to verify the actual 3D encode possibilities on a given disc. Hate it when reviewers give a movie a different (always higher) Video Quality rating to 2D versions when discrete-3D is just as good using the encode on the disc, and only needing the 3D-discrete technology to experience it!

Paul
post #479 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 08:43 AM

cant wait to get home, my mom called and told me fedex dropped off my package wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol
post #480 of 3382 Old 11-15-2011, 08:51 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post

Hi Guys,
Just been into Harrods to see what's happening with these in terms of delivery.
I was originally advised that they would have delivery on the 10th November but couldn't release them Until the 15th.
I was told today that they had only 15 units delivered this morning. On Friday last week I was told 40 were coming in.

Yup, I spoke to Harrods and was told the same. So much for the pre-order exclusive. They say they'll get another batch at the end of the month, but I guess it just confirms that the fastest way to get one is to order through Sony.

Maybe someone in the UK who has just received theirs will have second thoughts and sell me it!
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
3d Hdtv

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page