Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread - Page 51 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1501 of 3382 Old 12-14-2011, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No not if you wanna trade it for a mint t2i with like 4 canon lenses lol im glad i wanted these to sell !!! Pther compamies will also follow win win. I judt want a second pair to mod i will just preorder again in next 3 days lol and my camera will front it shrug rock on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 3382 Old 12-14-2011, 09:08 PM

Haha. I have a trusty Nikon D200 that I still love. I have considered keeping it.. but I only bought the first one on the basis I would sell the 2nd back home to supplement it.
post #1503 of 3382 Old 12-14-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miahallen View Post

Well, I finally got some time to play with mine and I am a bit disappointed. I have a large head, and I have to remove the forehead pad completely to get the screens in focus (no I'm not disfigured). needless to say, it is very uncomfortable.

Luckily, I was never planning to use it unmodified anyway, so I'll be doing something similar to what fluXa did with his, cause I really want to use my PC headphones

What disappoints me a bit more is the image quality....due to the optics. I cannot seem to get the whole screen in focus at the same time.....pretty close, but not prefect. It also seems the images gets a very minor "fisheye" effect centered in front of each eye....so the screen takes on a very slight hourglass shape (horizontally...and REALLY minor, like about 1%).

I'm hoping that once I find a better position for the eyepieces (after modifications), I'll find a better picture, but not too impressed so far.

I'm still very excited to try this with TrackIR....which I'm expecting within the next week.

Humm, does anyone else see this horisontal hourglass effect?
post #1504 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 02:03 AM

I finally got my Sony HMZ and tried 3D on games and movies for the first time.

After using it with 3D for 10-15min I get a terrible headache, is it because that I'm not used to 3D or is it because of the HMZ?

Viewing 2D material is amazing and less painful for my brain but the 3D is far too awesome to pass on.. at least on certain games.

I briefly tested 3D on a panasonic vt30 before I tried the sony hmz and I can't stand the dimmed colors it's like watching TV through a beer bottle or something. Thank god Sony hmz fixes this.

One huge issue I have with Sony Hmz is that I can't get 100% focus on the edges, I tried changing the head pad thing but it still is not 100% focused no matter what I do
post #1505 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkattack View Post

I finally got my Sony HMZ and tried 3D on games and movies for the first time.

After using it with 3D for 10-15min I get a terrible headache, is it because that I'm not used to 3D or is it because of the HMZ?

Viewing 2D material is amazing and less painful for my brain but the 3D is far too awesome to pass on.. at least on certain games.

I briefly tested 3D on a panasonic vt30 before I tried the sony hmz and I can't stand the dimmed colors it's like watching TV through a beer bottle or something. Thank god Sony hmz fixes this.

One huge issue I have with Sony Hmz is that I can't get 100% focus on the edges, I tried changing the head pad thing but it still is not 100% focused no matter what I do

Have you tried removing the forehead pad and actually trying to get a good focus while fixing the position with your hands? If you do then a creative mod maybe is solution, if you don't maybe their not as they supposed to be? Try it some more see if you can get focus everywhere at the same time even if it's only for a brief moment.
post #1506 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkattack View Post

(

A badly adjusted stereo convergence configuration actually can cause eyestrain and hence headache, due to the fact that one is trying to focus at "unnatural" projected depth coordinates. Therefore certain 3D drivers, such as NVidia's, provide these adjustment settings. Some games although prevent one from adjusting appropriate stereo convergence, even though the driver supports them (e.g. DX-HR). On the other hand, perfectly configured stereo convergences and depth settings, combined with ideal focusing on the HMZ will definitely not cause any headache at all, at least not caused by the projection itself.
post #1507 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 06:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 191

My modded Sony HMZ T1. I removed the headphones so I could fit my Senn PC360's and grabbed a hat from work (left over from some indy race sponsorship - thus the checkers). Made one cut where the bill joins the hat, then slid the forehead pad connector through and attached a forehead pad with the pad removed and voila. I don't even use the back straps at all. Fits very well and very comfortable now.

For gaming, it is very nice. The picture is incredibly sharp and feels at least as big as the 110" screen I usually game on from 10'-11' away. The only downside I have with it is that if I move my head while playing, the whole screen moves which is a bit disorienting and has caused me to lose focus and lose a battle. I never realized before how much I moved when playing. Especially when something sudden happens and I jump. Also, if not positioned right, one side or the other can be slightly blurred for one eye. I find I'm very picky about this and always make sure it is in perfect focus across the screen.

Compared to my current gaming rig which consists of a Sharp 12k mkII and a 110" high power screen, it is brighter, sharper and has a much higher contrast ratio. I need to find a good 3D game to try out on it. Might have to buy uncharted on PS3. For movies, I prefer my RS35 though on the 130" wide AT screen.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #1508 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

My modded Sony HMZ T1. I removed the headphones so I could fit my Senn PC360's and grabbed a hat from work (left over from some indy race sponsorship - thus the checkers). Made one cut where the bill joins the hat, then slid the forehead pad connector through and attached a forehead pad with the pad removed and voila. I don't even use the back straps at all. Fits very well and very comfortable now.

For gaming, it is very nice. The picture is incredibly sharp and feels at least as big as the 110" screen I usually game on from 10'-11' away. The only downside I have with it is that if I move my head while playing, the whole screen moves which is a bit disorienting and has caused me to lose focus and lose a battle. I never realized before how much I moved when playing. Especially when something sudden happens and I jump. Also, if not positioned right, one side or the other can be slightly blurred for one eye. I find I'm very picky about this and always make sure it is in perfect focus across the screen.

Compared to my current gaming rig which consists of a Sharp 12k mkII and a 110" high power screen, it is brighter, sharper and has a much higher contrast ratio. I need to find a good 3D game to try out on it. Might have to buy uncharted on PS3. For movies, I prefer my RS35 though on the 130" wide AT screen.

does it rest on your nose now that you put that hat mod in effect?
post #1509 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 07:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 191
No. It is plenty comfortable. Before the hat mod, I didn't like the pressure it put on my forehead and nose and also didn't like how the lower strap seemed to grip my hair. Now, it's great. Easy to take on and off and comfortable on my forehead and nose. It is super easy to do as well, you just need to cut a hole in a hat where the bill joins the hat. The hole needs to be just wide enough to get the forehead pad base through. The forehead pads are wider and, by connecting the forehead pad to the base, it keeps the HMZ secure on the hat. I had to remove the padding from the forehead pad.

I played MW3 for around three hours last night and it was great.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #1510 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 09:35 AM

Liked: 12
Portal 2 in 3D is awesome! But I can only play for short amount of time....I really need to mod this thing :-/
post #1511 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'm gonna have to give that a try I am sure I've got some bad hats lying around. Hope it will all fit in the bag I bought though, it is a pretty snug fit as is.
post #1512 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

No. It is plenty comfortable. Before the hat mod, I didn't like the pressure it put on my forehead and nose and also didn't like how the lower strap seemed to grip my hair. Now, it's great. Easy to take on and off and comfortable on my forehead and nose. It is super easy to do as well, you just need to cut a hole in a hat where the bill joins the hat. The hole needs to be just wide enough to get the forehead pad base through. The forehead pads are wider and, by connecting the forehead pad to the base, it keeps the HMZ secure on the hat. I had to remove the padding from the forehead pad.

I played MW3 for around three hours last night and it was great.

doing this when i get home, i haven't received my bravia pads, but this can also work quite well in theory a 59 fifty fitted hat should work equally as well?
post #1513 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

I would think a snap back would be better than fitted since you'll want some ability to make adjustments.

But props to whoever makes something utilizing this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/88429878...facet=handmade
post #1514 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 11:33 AM

Liked: 12
I just finished a dis-assembly video for those interested

post #1515 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post

But props to whoever makes something utilizing this:

LOL - it looks like it would be perfect for the mod.
post #1516 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Was browsing amazon last night and decided to check for hmzt1 stock and actually lucked across a 3rd party seller with one in stock at normal retail price! I was surprised to say the least. Had some amazon credit that I'd been saving up so got it for $540. Just got the shipping notice so it should be here next week. Can't wait to try skyrim in 3d on it!
post #1517 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Miahallen, you have fast hands

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #1518 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStatt View Post

I got my pads from Bravia3D today. That was extremely quick from Japan! Nicely packaged, well made....and...err...the pads even smell nice?!

Haha, glad they got there so fast! The smell comes from me rubbing each pad slowly under my armpits for 10 minutes each. Just kidding!

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #1519 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Holy crap. Colbert!
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...14-2011/tv-hat

Apparently I was dumb and thought it was a joke. This really exists.
https://www.asseenontv.com/as-seen-o...l.php?p=297601
post #1520 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 100
^Wow. Hard to believe. And I almost paid $799 for the HMZT1 when I could have got a TV Hat for only $24.95!

My favorite part of the ad was this:

"Express processing $5 - move to the front of the order processing line!"

=

For dumb people, tick this box to pay $5 extra for supposedly faster service, you'll never be able to prove we took no action on, except to laugh at how gullible and naive you are, sucker! [Actual shipping options are a separate issue discussed later, Einstein.]

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass any more than we get to pick the ending of a play. High fidelity is an unbiased, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original source's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

post #1521 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkster View Post

doing this when i get home, i haven't received my bravia pads, but this can also work quite well in theory a 59 fifty fitted hat should work equally as well?

Hi i would recommend not puting the head pad through the peak and leaving it hanh below that way there is no preasure on the forehead
post #1522 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot tequila View Post

Hi i would recommend not puting the head pad through the peak and leaving it hanh below that way there is no preasure on the forehead

i was just going to ask you about that, im getting pressure on my forhead, i dont get what your saying about putting the headpad through the peak, i cut a slit and put the head pad base (without the forehead attachment piece) through the slit , and i get a ton of pressure on my head i never had before
post #1523 of 3382 Old 12-15-2011, 09:39 PM

Liked: 13
bravia3D i got your pads , Thank you . now only waiting to get my HMZ-T1 lol . it seem to be problem with ppl who pre-order with Harrods in UK.
post #1524 of 3382 Old 12-16-2011, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkster View Post

i was just going to ask you about that, im getting pressure on my forhead, i dont get what your saying about putting the headpad through the peak, i cut a slit and put the head pad base (without the forehead attachment piece) through the slit , and i get a ton of pressure on my head i never had before

Yes could someone enlighten us on the subject please. I know it cant be rocket science to do it but was gonna go get myself a hat today to try it but im trying not to get any pressure on my forehead ( main reason I hate the hmz t1 )
So any advice would be welcome
Thanks
post #1525 of 3382 Old 12-16-2011, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miahallen View Post

I just finished a dis-assembly video for those interested

Very nice, big thanks for sharing this
post #1526 of 3382 Old 12-16-2011, 05:00 AM

Has anyone tested GT5 in 3D with HMD ?

I raced a bit yesterday but i didnt experience any 3D depth at all.
Finally got a depth feeling first when race was done and menu came up, then i managed to get a 3d feeling.

I know ive activated 3D support and i can "see" depth but it feels like the racing track is so flat that it gives no noticable depth feeling at all.

Anyone here who has same experience or know how to improve "depth" in game ?
post #1527 of 3382 Old 12-16-2011, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corex View Post

Very nice, big thanks for sharing this

Damn that looks like it took a halv an hour to demount :P
post #1528 of 3382 Old 12-16-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danelk View Post

Has anyone tested GT5 in 3D with HMD ?

I raced a bit yesterday but i didnt experience any 3D depth at all.
Finally got a depth feeling first when race was done and menu came up, then i managed to get a 3d feeling.

I know ive activated 3D support and i can "see" depth but it feels like the racing track is so flat that it gives no noticable depth feeling at all.

Anyone here who has same experience or know how to improve "depth" in game ?

That saddens me alil since i was looking forward to play GT5 on PS3 with my GT5 wheel ;P Does anyone have a solution on this?

Quote:

Damn that looks like it took a halv an hour to demount :P

Looks like hell lotsa screws, even that could have been done alot better heh.
post #1529 of 3382 Old 12-16-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corex View Post

That saddens me alil since i was looking forward to play GT5 on PS4 with my GT5 wheel ;P Does anyone have a solution on this?

Dont take my word to harsh yet.
I was just testing for some minutes jag to see the "effect" and i have not yet set up any options yet.
I looked in the menus with one eye and saw few settings for 3D but not sure if they affect depth-experience.

Ill return after playing around with settings.

Hm.. do you mean PS4 when it's released or did you made a typo :P ?
post #1530 of 3382 Old 12-16-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:

Dont take my word to harsh yet.
I was just testing for some minutes jag to see the "effect" and i have not yet set up any options yet.
I looked in the menus with one eye and saw few settings for 3D but not sure if they affect depth-experience.

Ill return after playing around with settings.

Hm.. do you mean PS4 when it's released or did you made a typo :P ?

Ops, edited, i meant PS3 ;P i just recalled awhile ago i tried it on my 3D TV and i wasn't impressed at all heh, think it's game related, try fiddle around with lower tv screen size on the PS3 3D settings to get better depth, haven't tried it though.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
3d Hdtv

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page