Advertisement

post #2072 of 3382 Old 02-29-2012, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defright View Post

Hello guys ! I try connect my sony hmz to my pc with gtx 260 with audio from motherboard high definition audio . Video its ok, but i dont have audio hmz tell in menu that no audio stream . Please help!!! (sorry my english so so)
With other tvs all fine! And i try connect my lg optimus 3d fine too

What is the motherboard outputting? DTS HD, DD HD? Try setting it to output PCM 5.1 in stead.
post #2073 of 3382 Old 02-29-2012, 10:37 AM

Intel 945 gigabyte ds3l audio : high definition audio 888. I know that sony hmz take only pcm stream, but in menu of realtek driver i dont have option where i can change audio stream to pcm. Output in driver has only dd,dts and some wma but all not working
post #2074 of 3382 Old 02-29-2012, 01:26 PM

Hi everyone,
Just had a kind of random question about which you would prefer: Either your own Imax theater, with all of the standards and specs currently in Imax theaters, or an upgraded version of the HMZ with fully adjustable viewing distance and FOV up to 180 degrees, 8K resolution, fully integrated head tracker, complete 3d adjustability, extreme comfort, low weight(less than 50 grams), elimination of all outside and inside light interference, and complete portability(no wires or heavy battery), and any other kinks with this version that would be solved with that future HMZ version.
post #2075 of 3382 Old 02-29-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post

Hi everyone,
Just had a kind of random question about which you would prefer: Either your own Imax theater, with all of the standards and specs currently in Imax theaters, or an upgraded version of the HMZ with fully adjustable viewing distance and FOV up to 180 degrees, 8K resolution, fully integrated head tracker, complete 3d adjustability, extreme comfort, low weight(less than 50 grams), elimination of all outside and inside light interference, and complete portability(no wires or heavy battery), and any other kinks with this version that would be solved with that future HMZ version.

I'll go with the head mounted display. An IMAX would be expensive to power / heat / cool
post #2076 of 3382 Old 02-29-2012, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
I honestly don't know about the power supply being multivoltage. But I always take Japanese electronics to the USA and they work fine. You can also buy a cheap adapter to change the voltage.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #2077 of 3382 Old 02-29-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibbs159 View Post

I'll go with the head mounted display. An IMAX would be expensive to power / heat / cool

Haha so true, forgot about all that maintenance and upkeep. I guess that hypothetical Imax would already come with all present and future bills already paid for. Would that change your answer?
post #2078 of 3382 Old 02-29-2012, 05:19 PM

The Imax, without the slightest doubt. No matter how much you inprove it, the HMZ is still only a simulation while an actual Imax theater is the real thing. Sound and image quality would be superior, it would be more relaxing, it could be used by your guests too.

But I still am looking forward to my HMZ which will (hopefully) arrive friday next week like the second coming.
post #2079 of 3382 Old 03-01-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia3D View Post

I honestly don't know about the power supply being multivoltage. But I always take Japanese electronics to the USA and they work fine. You can also buy a cheap adapter to change the voltage.

i just got a japanese model (110V) but i live in asia (220V).

i have a stepdown but i'd rather not use one if i dont need to.

i've seen someone on youtube buy a US model (110V) and plugging it in directly in australia (220V).

just wondering if the US and JPN models are both multivoltage. i believe they're all made in japan anyway?
post #2080 of 3382 Old 03-01-2012, 02:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Yep, all made in Japan I believe and don't think it would be a problem. But I can't be 100% sure.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #2081 of 3382 Old 03-01-2012, 05:05 PM

Just curious. I love my visor (much prefer it to my Optoma HD66 pj for movies) but get the feeling that many have been scared off by the discomfort. Does anyone know if the visor is a big hit in Japan.
post #2082 of 3382 Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes dear View Post

Just curious. I love my visor (much prefer it to my Optoma HD66 pj for movies) but get the feeling that many have been scared off by the discomfort. Does anyone know if the visor is a big hit in Japan.

That's funny. I have an HD66 also and haven't even turned it on since I got the HMZ a couple of months ago
post #2083 of 3382 Old 03-01-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes dear View Post

Pretty popular. If you order one today the waiting time until you get it is 1-2 months. The reason why it's so hard to get your hands on in the rest of the world is that supply still doesn't meet demand in Japan. They can't manufacture them fast enougj.

Impressive since it's been out there since november.
post #2084 of 3382 Old 03-01-2012, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member

So true, here in Japan you can't walk into a store and buy one. It takes a few months still because it's so popular.

Even on auctions they are still going for much.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #2085 of 3382 Old 03-02-2012, 02:38 AM

Liked: 12
I have one on pre-order with Sony Australia for a supposed drop on the 20th March but I will wait and see what happens. . . .
post #2086 of 3382 Old 03-02-2012, 03:10 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Here's the headphoneless HMZ-T1. I'm replacing the headphone with Grado SR80 and MixAmp 5.8. Future mod will include a 3.5" stereo jack into the HMZ-T1 so that you can either use HMZ-T1 build in audio or external wireless headphone. It's more comfortable as the headphone no longer press against my ear and you can use it with your 5.1 speaker without the headphone getting in your way.
LL
post #2087 of 3382 Old 03-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

HMZ is currently in stock at the sony store for anyone trying to get one
post #2088 of 3382 Old 03-02-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmog View Post

The Imax, without the slightest doubt. No matter how much you inprove it, the HMZ is still only a simulation while an actual Imax theater is the real thing. Sound and image quality would be superior, it would be more relaxing, it could be used by your guests too.

But I still am looking forward to my HMZ which will (hopefully) arrive friday next week like the second coming.

IMAX is big and heavy. HMZ fits in a backpack. I'd rather have half an IMAX I can use anywhere than an actual IMAX theater
post #2089 of 3382 Old 03-03-2012, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjyap View Post

Here's the headphoneless HMZ-T1. I'm replacing the headphone with Grado SR80 and MixAmp 5.8. Future mod will include a 3.5" stereo jack into the HMZ-T1 so that you can either use HMZ-T1 build in audio or external wireless headphone. It's more comfortable as the headphone no longer press against my ear and you can use it with your 5.1 speaker without the headphone getting in your way.

I removed the headphones a couple weeks back, but I left the black plastic side-wings (that held the headphones) in place. I was concerned if I removed them it would let in too much light from the sides. I see you have removed them. Have you found you are getting more light coming in on the sides now? [As a side-note: I'm using the ASTRO MixAmp 5.8 with Audio Technica ATH-AD900 Headphones, and it has been comfortable and sounds fine. They are big enough and soft enough so that extra plastic from the HMZ black and white wings isn't causing a problem.]

Also, I am going to try your "hard hat suspension comfort mod". When I was at the hardware store, I noticed there are two styles of hard hat suspensions - ratchet (with a knob on the back), and non-ratchet (no knob). Which style are you using? (I can't tell from the photos you've posted.)

Also, I see you have "fine-tuned" your mod since you posted your original photos. Any further suggestions on what you have learned, as far as how to construct it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BTW: I really enjoy your head-tracking and motion-control videos. With all the options now available, I think it's only a [short] matter of time before motion-gaming really takes off. Combined with stereoscopic 3D... simply awesome!! That puts the HMZ right in the middle of it.
post #2090 of 3382 Old 03-03-2012, 11:30 AM

Liked: 11
if you are an average guy, and still can't get hmz-t1 to use comfortable..

just use the padding hmz-t1 came with. don't put that piece of cloth on it. for me that was causing the visor to put more pressure on the nose.
now it's like 5 times better!

bravia3d, i would like to try your cushion pads, but i can't find your website. can you post url again please?
post #2091 of 3382 Old 03-03-2012, 02:17 PM

Liked: 12
After reading many of the posts on this thread I realise that there are many who have to mod there units for whatever reason.

Sony, unfortunately does not have the wherewithal to produce a product that suits all physiognomies. Hence (still waiting for mine to arrive) I am already in a mindset that says I may have to modify the unit which allays me from blaming Sony.
post #2092 of 3382 Old 03-03-2012, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

www.blazin3D.com is my site

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #2093 of 3382 Old 03-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chill2006 View Post

I removed the headphones a couple weeks back, but I left the black plastic side-wings (that held the headphones) in place. I was concerned if I removed them it would let in too much light from the sides. I see you have removed them. Have you found you are getting more light coming in on the sides now? [As a side-note: I'm using the ASTRO MixAmp 5.8 with Audio Technica ATH-AD900 Headphones, and it has been comfortable and sounds fine. They are big enough and soft enough so that extra plastic from the HMZ black and white wings isn't causing a problem.]

Also, I am going to try your "hard hat suspension comfort mod". When I was at the hardware store, I noticed there are two styles of hard hat suspensions - ratchet (with a knob on the back), and non-ratchet (no knob). Which style are you using? (I can't tell from the photos you've posted.)

Also, I see you have "fine-tuned" your mod since you posted your original photos. Any further suggestions on what you have learned, as far as how to construct it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BTW: I really enjoy your head-tracking and motion-control videos. With all the options now available, I think it's only a [short] matter of time before motion-gaming really takes off. Combined with stereoscopic 3D... simply awesome!! That puts the HMZ right in the middle of it.

I would prefer ratchet version as it is easier to tighten. As for the blocking out the light, it's non-issue as I play in HT room but with some modding, you can block out the light with DIY light shield. Check out my build guide below for the comfort mod:

http://sites.google.com/site/vrsetup...ent/hmz-t1-mod

VR gaming still need sometime to mature as cost is still high plus motion sickness might be an issue if you are not use to 3D FPS gaming with big screen.
post #2094 of 3382 Old 03-04-2012, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post

Hi everyone,

c'mon - get real! it would cost you your arm and leg. You can buy it right now.
don't look at the price if you have heart problem!

http://www.vrealities.com/hmd.html
http://www.vrealities.com/pisight.html - about $80K
http://www.vrealities.com/i-port40plus.html - only $16K
post #2095 of 3382 Old 03-04-2012, 08:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjyap View Post

Check out my build guide below for the comfort mod:

http://sites.google.com/site/vrsetup...ent/hmz-t1-mod

I'm really curious about the purpose and the attachment of the external lenses.

Paul
post #2096 of 3382 Old 03-04-2012, 09:49 AM

i think it's easy - if you wear glasses you can fix lenses from your old glasses and make it more comfy... may be i am wrong...
post #2097 of 3382 Old 03-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quick question do u guys think the hmz¨1 suffers of the 720p resolution?
Is it sharp enough or is the diffrence from a good 1080p tv drastic?
post #2098 of 3382 Old 03-04-2012, 01:09 PM

not at all. the image q-ty is superb. colours and blacks blow many tvs away. chicken wire effect seen before on lower res non-oled glasses does not exist.
post #2099 of 3382 Old 03-04-2012, 02:04 PM

Well, I've been using mine today and i have a few things to say....

firstly it has some very good qualities, the picture is great, films and games look really good, crisp, clear picture, really impressed....

however, it can be difficult to get in focus, nothing to do with the screens, it just appears to be a problem with getting your eyes in the right place. the main problem is just that it is far too uncomfortable, after a very short time the pad digging into your forehead really begins to hurt, and i have tried every configuration. i ended up with a really red forehead.

in conclusion, the technology is fantastic and i would love to play my games and watch my films on but i can't do it, it's just too uncomfortable. i will be taking it back to the shop and asking for a refund, or putting it on ebay if they wont take it. it's a shame because it works amazingly, sony just need to make it fit better.
post #2100 of 3382 Old 03-04-2012, 03:39 PM

pity you've given up without a fight. most of the people feel HMZ uncomfy. however a very simple mod makes HUGE difference! you should have known this reading this thread before you committed to buy!
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
3d Hdtv

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page