Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread - Page 83 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2461 of 3382 Old 04-24-2012, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Got so inspired of the creative modding here that even im gnnna take my hmz-1 further
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2462 of 3382 Old 04-24-2012, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 48
some small glitch with Power DVD-12. When I launch PWR DVD-12 with 3D option enabled in NVIDIA control panel sometimes Power DVD starts working in 2D despite 3D is active in Power DVD itself and NVIDIA. You have to switch from 3D to 2D in PWR DVD and then back to 3D and everything works fine, Weird....
post #2463 of 3382 Old 04-24-2012, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know how to get YouTube side by side videos working? I can watch perfect 3D if the video supports html5 stereo but in sbs videos all I see is double images.

After going through the forum I noticed someone saying you have to manually change the config in the hmz to sbs but I can't find this setting as the only options I get in the 3d display menu at "on" and "off"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2464 of 3382 Old 04-24-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhne View Post

Anyone know how to get YouTube side by side videos working? I can watch perfect 3D if the video supports html5 stereo but in sbs videos all I see is double images.

After going through the forum I noticed someone saying you have to manually change the config in the hmz to sbs but I can't find this setting as the only options I get in the 3d display menu at "on" and "off"

if you can't find it yourself (it's actually easy and intuitive), may it's time to read the manual?
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/HMZ-T1
Do you know that you can control playback via HMZ T1? very handy.
post #2465 of 3382 Old 04-24-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borland View Post

if you can't find it yourself (it's actually easy and intuitive), may it's time to read the manual?
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/HMZ-T1
Do you know that you can control playback via HMZ T1? very handy.

It's not THAT intuitive, the menu is fine but I didn't know the option for sibe by side was hidden when I have stereoscopic activated in the nvidia control pannel. Im pretty new to this. When it's on (which I have it by default) the display menu in the HMZ doesn't show the option for sbs, etc. It just shows On and Off, thankfuly I figured it out by mistake!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2466 of 3382 Old 04-24-2012, 05:05 PM

Hey DarthBeavis, congrats on the mod! I'm the initial "creator".. or let's say I attempted it. I built my hmz-t1 back to mostly original spec (with one broad horizontal band for support) because I couldn't solve how to attach the hmz rigidly enough to my (even more expensive) set of headphones without harming the headphones. When I moved my head, the displays wouldn't stay in place mostly because I couldn't stop the gooseneck connection from rotating.
How did you do it? Could you share more about how you did everything? What headphones are these and what parts did you use for the entire mod? I'm especially interested in the gooseneck-headphone connection.

Now that I saw your picture I gained hope again to pull this off for good.

Btw. for outside light prevention I recommend getting some light-blocking curtain fabric (known from home-cinemas) and just putting that over your head and the hmz.
post #2467 of 3382 Old 04-24-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarFromAguitar View Post

good enough for me, lol... thanks! you can snap them on right? Let me know the $ to send, and paypal address.

PM Sent!
post #2468 of 3382 Old 04-24-2012, 07:57 PM

Anyone else have left and right light blockers they don't want/use?
post #2469 of 3382 Old 04-24-2012, 10:57 PM

has anyone watched frame packed 3D movies in sony hmz-t1? How quality is different from side-by-side or over-under?
post #2470 of 3382 Old 04-25-2012, 01:52 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag_oo7 View Post

has anyone watched frame packed 3D movies in sony hmz-t1? How quality is different from side-by-side or over-under?

frame packed 3D is the only way to watch movies in really high quality.
if you use side-by-side mode on your HMZ-T1, you will see only 50% of the quality, as the frame is splitted in half, and then resized.
it's like each eye gets only 640x720p rather than 1280x720p. it's huge diffrence.

note that to have the full quality, you need full quality version of the movie - half sbs is half quality, full sbs is full quality.

i made a simple photoshop manipulation to show the diffrence.. actually it's even more visible on hmd than on this picture, but you get the point.

post #2471 of 3382 Old 04-25-2012, 04:35 AM

understood thanks.
Just one question:
with sbs movies I see onlyside-by-side and over-under options. Will hmz-t1 give frame pack option too if movie was frame packed? I mean is there autodetect mechanisem inside the device?
post #2472 of 3382 Old 04-25-2012, 05:04 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Here's how to reduce the lens reflection at the edge to reduce the tunnel view. Take off the lens cover and paint the edge of the lens with matte black paint. This will reduce the lens internal reflection and give better contrast.
LL
post #2473 of 3382 Old 04-25-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:

understood thanks.
Just one question:
with sbs movies I see onlyside-by-side and over-under options. Will hmz-t1 give frame pack option too if movie was frame packed? I mean is there autodetect mechanisem inside the device?

frame packing is the way picture is being sent to the screen/hmd. you can have fullsbs or halfsbs movie, and using stereoscopic player you can choose nvidia 3d vision output, and then it will be frame packed.

side-by-side and over/under is only availabe when stereoscopic 3d is turned OFF in nvidia panel. when it's ON you can't use sbs/ou - you have to use some applications that can send it frame packed - once again, stereoscopic does it's job.

http://3dtv.at/Downloads/Index_en.aspx

ryjap, is the effect worth unscrewing the hmd? or it's just a little bit better..
post #2474 of 3382 Old 04-25-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjyap View Post

Here's how to reduce the lens reflection at the edge to reduce the tunnel view. Take off the lens cover and paint the edge of the lens with matte black paint. This will reduce the lens internal reflection and give better contrast.

Hi rjyap. That's very interesting, however on your pic I can't quite make out where that black paint is - the border of the lens or the sides of the lens?. Can you specify more precisely where you applied paint? I tried using black tape around the and also around the border of the lens before. What paint did you use? How was it applied?
post #2475 of 3382 Old 04-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluXa View Post

Hi rjyap. That's very interesting, however on your pic I can't quite make out where that black paint is - the border of the lens or the sides of the lens?. Can you specify more precisely where you applied paint? I tried using black tape around the and also around the border of the lens before. What paint did you use? How was it applied?

The paint is on the side of the lens and slightly on the border of the lens too (not thicker than the lens cover opening). Once you take off the lens cover, you will see the comparison to the photo. I'm using matte black BBQ paint (heat resistance paint but any non reflective black paint should work). The after mod decrease the side reflection around 80% and reduce internal lens reflection.
post #2476 of 3382 Old 04-25-2012, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:

The after mod decrease the side reflection around 80% and reduce internal lens reflection.

I assume you are completely winging this number from your own, personal subjective evaluation and have no standardized method to scientifically measure this "80%" figure using instrumentation.

If, however, I am incorrect, please explain the exact method by which you arrived at this specific percentage. Thanks.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass any more than we get to pick the ending of a play. High fidelity is an unbiased, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original source's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

post #2477 of 3382 Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post

I assume you are completely winging this number from your own, personal subjective evaluation and have no standardized method to scientifically measure this "80%" figure using instrumentation.

If, however, I am incorrect, please explain the exact method by which you arrived at this specific percentage. Thanks.

yea, i'm pretty suspect about that one. don't think it's worth doing that..
trolling hard?
post #2478 of 3382 Old 04-25-2012, 01:11 PM

I have downloaded "Huistenbosh Extreme 3D.iso" from the link above. Now I am trying to mount it using "DAEMON.Tools.PRO.Advanced.v5.0.0316" and play it using "CyberLink PowerDVD 12.0.1312.54 Ultra" but until now couldn't do seccessfull mounting. I understand after successfull mounting power DVD should automatically start playing the disk. Has anyone tried and mounted this iso file?

If so what version of daemon or other software you have used?
What software u have used for playing the iso mounted disk?
is this an image of a blu-ray disk? (which format of 3D sbs,ou,... will be played from this iso)?
post #2479 of 3382 Old 04-25-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:

I have downloaded "Huistenbosh Extreme 3D.iso" from the link above. Now I am trying to mount it using "DAEMON.Tools.PRO.Advanced.v5.0.0316" and play it using "CyberLink PowerDVD 12.0.1312.54 Ultra" but until now couldn't do seccessfull mounting. I understand after successfull mounting power DVD should automatically start playing the disk. Has anyone tried and mounted this iso file?

If so what version of daemon or other software you have used?
What software u have used for playing the iso mounted disk?
is this an image of a blu-ray disk? (which format of 3D sbs,ou,... will be played from this iso)?

I recomend not using daemon or any software at all. just extract all the contents of the iso into a folder using winrar or a similar program and then use powerdvd to play the bluray or dvd from that folder instead of the disc.

post #2480 of 3382 Old 04-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kixpress View Post

yea, i'm pretty suspect about that one. don't think it's worth doing that..
trolling hard?

No scientific measurement but in my best estimation around 80% and is one of the best mod to do to improve the optic and image quality. The tunnel vision effect does bother some of us and this almost kill all the reflection.
post #2481 of 3382 Old 04-25-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhne View Post

I recomend not using daemon or any software at all. just extract all the contents of the iso into a folder using winrar or a similar program and then use powerdvd to play the bluray or dvd from that folder instead of the disc.

1- I tried to open iso file with winrar and winima but both showing empty file. Looks iso file is corupt. Iso file originally was a rar file. After unrar I got iso file. So may be original iso file was corupt because my download was ok otherwise rar shouldn't be unrared ok. I had a look and iso file with winhex and it seems it is a image of "vegas blu-ray disk". I am not familiar with blu-ray disks format. Maybe iso is ok just need proper tools to mount and play it?

2- Also does anyone know another link to a "frame packed" clip? I want to run and see how mhz-t1 works with frame packed 3D?

3- Another question: When I use my hmz-t1 its playes gets so hot. Is this normal? What to do to take a good care of it?
post #2482 of 3382 Old 04-25-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:

Other method without disassembly the HMZ?
post #2483 of 3382 Old 04-26-2012, 02:32 AM

Quote:

1- I tried to open iso file with winrar and winima but both showing empty file. Looks iso file is corupt. Iso file originally was a rar file. After unrar I got iso file. So may be original iso file was corupt because my download was ok otherwise rar shouldn't be unrared ok. I had a look and iso file with winhex and it seems it is a image of "vegas blu-ray disk". I am not familiar with blu-ray disks format. Maybe iso is ok just need proper tools to mount and play it?

2- Also does anyone know another link to a "frame packed" clip? I want to run and see how mhz-t1 works with frame packed 3D?

3- Another question: When I use my hmz-t1 its playes gets so hot. Is this normal? What to do to take a good care of it?

why don't you buy any "proper 3d frame packed BluRay"??? it's not expensive apart from exclusive Panasonic Avatar 3d but this one really rocks on HMZ-T1. Also try buying movie which was filmed in 3d - not converted as it's not the same. A very good example is Avatar which blows you away on HMZ-T1. Buy some cheap IMAX DVD such as Universe 3d, Grand Canyon 3D, etc and enjoy REAL 3D.
post #2484 of 3382 Old 04-26-2012, 02:46 AM

if you have bluray iso, there is no need to get bluray player.. as you can play on the computer. the quality will be pretty much the same.. maybe it's just easier to connect.
post #2485 of 3382 Old 04-26-2012, 04:28 AM

Yes tomorrow I am getting some blu-ray iso. Never tried before. I need to know how to play Blu-ray iso in frame packed format with the computer. I have vaio VGN-Z790 with NVIDIA Geforce 9300M GS graphic card. Someone told me to mount iso with deamon tools and if I have powerDVD 11 installed it will automatically start playing in frame packed format. Just want to know this is the way to go. Anyone has tried this before?
post #2486 of 3382 Old 04-26-2012, 04:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobiman View Post

Other method without disassembly the HMZ?

I don't see other way as the lens edge act like a mirror so stray light from the screen will reflect back to your eye. The lens is quite thick which contribute to internal lens reflection issue. Anyway, you should do the gear decoupling mod which will let you adjust the lens IPD independently for easier focus and while you are at it just paint the edge of the lens. Just tested with IMAX Hubble 3D and I like the PQ better after the mod as halo effect is almost gone plus dark scene with some bright object doesn't have any reflection.
post #2487 of 3382 Old 04-26-2012, 04:53 AM

Quote:

Yes tomorrow I am getting some blu-ray iso. Never tried before. I need to know how to play Blu-ray iso in frame packed format with the computer. I have vaio VGN-Z790 with NVIDIA Geforce 9300M GS graphic card. Someone told me to mount iso with deamon tools and if I have powerDVD 11 installed it will automatically start playing in frame packed format. Just want to know this is the way to go. Anyone has tried this before?

just to share my experience. Full ISO of AVATAR 3D did not work for me with Power DVD 11-12 when mounted it on the virtual drive. When I burned it on BluRay RE disk - no probs.
post #2488 of 3382 Old 04-26-2012, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Huis Ten Bosch .iso works fine.

Best to burn it to a BD though. I also have it uploaded on Youtube, but thats lower quality

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #2489 of 3382 Old 04-26-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia3D View Post

Huis Ten Bosch .iso works fine.

Best to burn it to a BD though. I also have it uploaded on Youtube, but thats lower quality

The one I downloaded from here:

http://computercowboy.com/blazin3d/H...oshextreme.rar

didn't work. It has nothing inside when I open it with winrar or winima.
Which link u used to download it?
post #2490 of 3382 Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluXa View Post

Hey DarthBeavis, congrats on the mod! I'm the initial "creator".. or let's say I attempted it. I built my hmz-t1 back to mostly original spec (with one broad horizontal band for support) because I couldn't solve how to attach the hmz rigidly enough to my (even more expensive) set of headphones without harming the headphones. When I moved my head, the displays wouldn't stay in place mostly because I couldn't stop the gooseneck connection from rotating.
How did you do it? Could you share more about how you did everything? What headphones are these and what parts did you use for the entire mod? I'm especially interested in the gooseneck-headphone connection.

Now that I saw your picture I gained hope again to pull this off for good.

Btw. for outside light prevention I recommend getting some light-blocking curtain fabric (known from home-cinemas) and just putting that over your head and the hmz.

I used Razer StarCraft 2 headphones and the stand from a point of sale scanner. will take better pixs today and post them

this is temporary as I will embed the unit in of of these

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
3d Hdtv

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page