Need help with the playstation 3d display - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-22-2011, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
bought it to use as a monitor
trying to get it to do SBS so I can watch movies on my PC......... I've been told that it can be changed by pressing the 3d button on the side but when I do that it only says "3d auto" it wont change the type of 3d at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-13-2012, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm going to bump this thread. I have more information that may be of use in this.

I also have been unable to actuate the manual 3d button on the side of the display. Sony support gave me the run around. Here's the interesting thing, though:

1) It works for my co-worker, who is using a 9800GT (for SBS, not framepacking - also on DVI-HDMI adapter).
2) It works on my Viewsonic media box (not 3d capable in the slightest).
3) If I start SBS on my Viewsonic box and then plug in the PC to the same HDMI, I can use SBS, but I can't deactivate it without resetting the monitor.

Clearly this is a design decision based on the flag of the incoming signal. I use a 4890, and am aware it does not support HD3D; I just simply want to use SBS. If anyone is aware of what the flag is that tells the display (possibly any display) that it is connected to the computer, I would like to know. Even better would be anybody able to explicitly tell me how to bypass it. Also: is anyone aware of a service menu code?

I'm willing to engage fully in solving this problem, I'm just hoping someone out here in "the McGyver of TV's" forum has any information I am lacking. Hope to hear soon.

-Tyler
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page