Down to 2 3DTV's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 Old 12-02-2011, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Caliberzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay after a full day of research It's come down to 2 3DTV sets the LG 55LW6500 and the Panasonic TC-P55VT30. I'm leaning towards the LG due to the price of the glasses. We have grand kids that come over every Fri. or Sat. + our family totals 6 people. So really my only question is this, I know what is said that passive sets aren't true 1080p but rather 540p for each eye. So is there really any difference I mean I know the kids wont care we as adults will we be able to tell the difference?
Caliberzzz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 38 Old 12-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Robut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliberzzz View Post

Okay after a full day of research It's come down to 2 3DTV sets the LG 55LW6500 and the Panasonic TC-P55VT30. I'm leaning towards the LG due to the price of the glasses. We have grand kids that come over every Fri. or Sat. + our family totals 6 people. So really my only question is this, I know what is said that passive sets aren't true 1080p but rather 540p for each eye. So is there really any difference I mean I know the kids wont care we as adults will we be able to tell the difference?

With kids up to 6 viewers I believe the LG passive is the right choice.
Robut is offline  
post #3 of 38 Old 12-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
videkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliberzzz View Post

Okay after a full day of research It's come down to 2 3DTV sets the LG 55LW6500 and the Panasonic TC-P55VT30. I'm leaning towards the LG due to the price of the glasses. We have grand kids that come over every Fri. or Sat. + our family totals 6 people. So really my only question is this, I know what is said that passive sets aren't true 1080p but rather 540p for each eye. So is there really any difference I mean I know the kids wont care we as adults will we be able to tell the difference?

The only thing better on the LG is the weight and price of the glasses. Check out the passive 3D first, I do not like it at all, my eyes strain when trying to watch passive 3D. Everyone is different, I would
try it first.

The glasses are a one time purchase, on you gave them you will have a better set everyday with the VT30
videkid is offline  
post #4 of 38 Old 12-03-2011, 07:23 AM
Member
 
hahler2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 55lw6500. I bought it for the same reason you are thinking about. Cheap 3-D glasses. I wish I had gotten a Samsung or Panasonic plasma. The picture quality is not that good on the lg. I have major issues with light bleed on the edges. Plus the black levels get bad when you view from the side. We have only used the 3-D once since it was bought. Just isn't that much content out there.
hahler2 is offline  
post #5 of 38 Old 12-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Member
 
Chums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
panasonic is the better tv overall. the vt has great sound which includes a subwoofer and of course a clear black panel without the ugly light bleed that frames the edge that led's have.

i do feel lg is the better model for 3d, for me anyways. i can't use active glasses as the flicker bothers my eyes to the point of getting headaches.

however, there's so few good 3d titles that 3d shouldn't be a large consideration. i thought 3d would be a big deal for me so i choose a passive toshiba set but after avatar 3d and boring imax 3d documentaries there really isn't much out there.
Chums is offline  
post #6 of 38 Old 12-03-2011, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bravia3D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
No clue why you guys say there is not much out there, I have over 100 3DBD's so there is plenty.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

bravia3D is offline  
post #7 of 38 Old 12-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
eaamon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South mid Tn.
Posts: 548
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliberzzz View Post

Okay after a full day of research It's come down to 2 3DTV sets the LG 55LW6500 and the Panasonic TC-P55VT30. I'm leaning towards the LG due to the price of the glasses. We have grand kids that come over every Fri. or Sat. + our family totals 6 people. So really my only question is this, I know what is said that passive sets aren't true 1080p but rather 540p for each eye. So is there really any difference I mean I know the kids wont care we as adults will we be able to tell the difference?

it is interesting only after one day research. I spend a lot longer on mine.
first off buy one that has the best 2D.....just in case you do not care for 3D.
you may end up watching it for years to come.......

I will admit I own a sony HX800 model with active glasses. they flicker a bit when I first
activate the glasses. but I now think since more than one pair does it, the transmitter/or TX circuitry
may be slow. but it does stop after a few minutes.
my 2D set is so sharp the picture almost looks 3D with out glasses.

as for what you say is 540 compared to 1080.....I believe you see 1080 with both sets.
even if it is 540 one eye at a time your brain adds both together.


Quote:


bravia3D: No clue why you guys say there is not much out there, I have over 100 3DBD's so there is plenty.

I have not seen that much unless you add in anamorphic. but I believe the number
here in the US is about 1/2 as of today but I know there is much more in the pipe line.

my HT
eaamon is online now  
post #8 of 38 Old 12-06-2011, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Steve S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 5,356
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
The Panny will have a better 2D picture and full 1080 3D. The LG passive set will have a good 3D effect but there will be visible "scanlines" due to the halving of resolution. I've seen this for myself. The scanlines on the passive 3D LG remind me of what native 480p looked like on my old Sony crt HD ready set.

Panasonic 3D plasmas have virtually none of the crosstalk or ghosting of the active 3D LED/LCD sets, about on par in that respect with passive LGs, but without the visible scanlines. The only benefit of that particular LG over the Panny is the cheaper glasses.

Steve S.
Steve S is offline  
post #9 of 38 Old 12-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Member
 
BrianV80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got a Penny 55gt30 and couldn't be happier. Avatar in regular 2d had guest fooled we were watching it in 3d. I got more oohs and ahhs when I did finally turn on the 3d!!! Couldn't be happier with my purchase
BrianV80 is offline  
post #10 of 38 Old 12-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
Threefiddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 703
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Problem is 3/4 of the 3d movies are really bad movies that I would no way pay for

Threefiddie is offline  
post #11 of 38 Old 12-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
Michael2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianV80 View Post

Just got a Penny 55gt30 and couldn't be happier. Avatar in regular 2d had guest fooled we were watching it in 3d. I got more oohs and ahhs when I did finally turn on the 3d!!! Couldn't be happier with my purchase

That is hilarious!

This reminds me of when a lot of people who bought HDTV were impressed with the picture, and it turns out the source was SD.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline  
post #12 of 38 Old 12-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Member
 
ddoshan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have the LG 47LW5600 and I believe the 3D is excellent. I have seen no lines or other artifacs at all. Just a good, bright, clear picture on the 3 movies I have seen so far. Some have mentioned not that good of an experience. Could be because a good deal of the 3D movies out there are just not very good 3D. I generally read the reviews of 3D movies on High Def Digest before I would spend any money on a 3D movie. Some just are pretty lousy 3D.
ddoshan is offline  
post #13 of 38 Old 01-02-2012, 04:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Outlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The 55VT30 is considered the best plasma of the year....and it comes with a free pair of 3D glasses. Plus yeah...its 1080p...for BOTH eyes...cripe...whats the other set again...540p for each eye?? I cant see where 540p would be so good...thats like dvd quality...good but not great.

I have the 55VT30 and 3D is crazy good on it...I cant compare it to that other 3D...never used passive glasses...I heard its not as good though.
Outlong is offline  
post #14 of 38 Old 01-02-2012, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
joed32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,035
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlong View Post

The 55VT30 is considered the best plasma of the year....and it comes with a free pair of 3D glasses. Plus yeah...its 1080p...for BOTH eyes...cripe...whats the other set again...540p for each eye?? I cant see where 540p would be so good...thats like dvd quality...good but not great.

I have the 55VT30 and 3D is crazy good on it...I cant compare it to that other 3D...never used passive glasses...I heard its not as good though.

In theory it's not so good but when you compare them side by side they both look very good in 3D. You have to see it to believe it.
joed32 is offline  
post #15 of 38 Old 01-02-2012, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cinema13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 View Post

In theory it's not so good but when you compare them side by side they both look very good in 3D. You have to see it to believe it.

Can't speak abpout the Panasonic, but I found the passive LF 3D to be superior to the active 3D from a Samsung set. Plus, the active glasses can be abit heavy on the bridge of the nose. People find them uncomfortable after about 15 minutes. Also, active glasses need to be charged. So, in addition to your cell phone or laptop, that would be another thing you have to remember to plug in and charge! As joed indicates, best to compare them yourself.

cinema13 is offline  
post #16 of 38 Old 01-02-2012, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jacob305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

Can't speak abpout the Panasonic, but I found the passive LF 3D to be superior to the active 3D from a Samsung set. Plus, the active glasses can be abit heavy on the bridge of the nose. People find them uncomfortable after about 15 minutes. Also, active glasses need to be charged. So, in addition to your cell phone or laptop, that would be another thing you have to remember to plug in and charge! As joed indicates, best to compare them yourself.

the new 3rd generation 3d glasses that came out last year from panasonic are much better on the nose and also the recharging doesnt take that long. maybe 30 minutes or so.

Jacob
Jacob305 is online now  
post #17 of 38 Old 01-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Outlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob305 View Post

the new 3rd generation 3d glasses that came out last year from panasonic are much better on the nose and also the recharging doesnt take that long. maybe 30 minutes or so.

Jacob


Yeah I received my panny 3RD gen glasses a couple weeks ago and they really are a game changer. They are lighter and brighter than the 2nd gen glasses....NICE. I wear them over my prescription glasses and they dont feel heavy. Plus charging the glasses is a non factor...according to the instruction manual a two minute charge lasts about 3 hours....a thrity minute charge lasts 25 hours of use!!
Outlong is offline  
post #18 of 38 Old 01-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Senior Member
 
man4mopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rochester MN
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
If looking at 3D tv's I would also look into Mitsubishi DLP tv's. The absolute best 3D displays as of now are DLP set's/projectors with DLP link glasses. Absolutely no ghosting.
I have a Panasonic VT20 plasma which the 3D is very good but does ghost with certain scenes. I also have a DLP projector and use DLP link glasses and it does not ghost and is super easy on my eye's while viewing a movie.
Last note bigger is better with 3D
man4mopar is offline  
post #19 of 38 Old 01-02-2012, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Richard Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4mopar View Post

If looking at 3D tv's I would also look into Mitsubishi DLP tv's. The absolute best 3D displays as of now are DLP set's/projectors with DLP link glasses. Absolutely no ghosting.
I have a Panasonic VT20 plasma which the 3D is very good but does ghost with certain scenes. I also have a DLP projector and use DLP link glasses and it does not ghost and is super easy on my eye's while viewing a movie.
Last note bigger is better with 3D

How well does the brightness of the Mits DLP TVs compare to the Plasma and LCD TVs?

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Richard Adams is offline  
post #20 of 38 Old 01-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Senior Member
 
man4mopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rochester MN
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Adams View Post

How well does the brightness of the Mits DLP TVs compare to the Plasma and LCD TVs?

In general from brightest to least is LCD(brightest), Plasma then DLP(least). Have not read of complaints of brightness with DLP unless watching in a very bright room. But you brought up a good point, all have there strengths and weakness. Another DLP weakness is bulb replacement unless one buys a costly laser view DLP. Samsung use to have a LED DLP tv but Samsung gave up on DLP due to sales I think.
man4mopar is offline  
post #21 of 38 Old 01-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Member
 
GatorJZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post

The Panny will have a better 2D picture and full 1080 3D. The LG passive set will have a good 3D effect but there will be visible "scanlines" due to the halving of resolution. I've seen this for myself. The scanlines on the passive 3D LG remind me of what native 480p looked like on my old Sony crt HD ready set.

Panasonic 3D plasmas have virtually none of the crosstalk or ghosting of the active 3D LED/LCD sets, about on par in that respect with passive LGs, but without the visible scanlines. The only benefit of that particular LG over the Panny is the cheaper glasses.

Not true. There is no difference in resolution in 3D image with active or passive glasses based on the way the brain interprets that image. There is an excellent tech article "3D TV Display Technology Shoot-Out" on displaymate.com where two active (Sony and Samsung) and two passive (LG and Vizio) sets were compared. The passive technology came out ahead. The article debunked the halved resolution claims.
GatorJZ is offline  
post #22 of 38 Old 01-07-2012, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jacob305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJZ View Post

Not true. There is no difference in resolution in 3D image with active or passive glasses based on the way the brain interprets that image. There is an excellent tech article "3D TV Display Technology Shoot-Out" on displaymate.com where two active (Sony and Samsung) and two passive (LG and Vizio) sets were compared. The passive technology came out ahead. The article debunked the halved resolution claims.


you might want to check this link out:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/31...d-calibrations

Jacob
Jacob305 is online now  
post #23 of 38 Old 01-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Robut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJZ View Post

Not true. There is no difference in resolution in 3D image with active or passive glasses based on the way the brain interprets that image. There is an excellent tech article "3D TV Display Technology Shoot-Out" on displaymate.com where two active (Sony and Samsung) and two passive (LG and Vizio) sets were compared. The passive technology came out ahead. The article debunked the halved resolution claims.

Here's an Article by Joe Kane that explains in scientific detail why FPR Passive technology is half resolution and the brain must perceive it as half resolution to produce 3D. http://www.videoessentials.com/3D.php

Here are Joe Kane's credentials.
http://www.videoessentials.com/about_jk.php
Robut is offline  
post #24 of 38 Old 01-07-2012, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eweiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Highland Village, TX
Posts: 7,595
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
CES is next week. Unless you need a TV right now, if you can wait a couple months for the new models to be out, you'll probably be glad that you waited.
eweiss is offline  
post #25 of 38 Old 01-08-2012, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
joed32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,035
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robut View Post

Here's an Article by Joe Kane that explains in scientific detail why FPR Passive technology is half resolution and the brain must perceive it as half resolution to produce 3D. http://www.videoessentials.com/3D.php

Here are Joe Kane's credentials.
http://www.videoessentials.com/about_jk.php

Just look at both with your own eyes. Best Buy had both set up side by side so I was able to compare. I know what the theory is but to my eyes the passive was as good or better looking and the glasses were very comfortable.
When watching the active I could sense the flickering and it made me feel a little queasy.

I'm not suggesting that everyone would prefer passive, just that they should keep an open mind, look at both and buy whichever one they like best. Everybody who comes to my house raves about the 3D depth and clarity. Lots of projections out in front of the screen as well.
joed32 is offline  
post #26 of 38 Old 01-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Robut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 View Post

Just look at both with your own eyes. Best Buy had both set up side by side so I was able to compare. I know what the theory is but to my eyes the passive was as good or better looking and the glasses were very comfortable.
When watching the active I could sense the flickering and it made me feel a little queasy.

I'm not suggesting that everyone would prefer passive, just that they should keep an open mind, look at both and buy whichever one they like best. Everybody who comes to my house raves about the 3D depth and clarity. Lots of projections out in front of the screen as well.

Believe me I have looked with my own eyes. Just don't try to tell me and the world it's 1080 to your eyes or brain or whatever.
Robut is offline  
post #27 of 38 Old 01-09-2012, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
joed32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,035
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I'm just telling you it looks good to me. The world will have to decide for itself.
joed32 is offline  
post #28 of 38 Old 01-09-2012, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Richard Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joed32 View Post

I'm just telling you it looks good to me. The world will have to decide for itself.

First 4K passive LCD set(s) coming at imminent CES.

These feature: No flicker. Indisputable full HD bright 3D. No pixel lag contribution to 3D ghosting. Uses inexpensive glasses.

Being able to have the brain envision full HD using current 2K FPR is likely a function of how good the individual eyes & brain are for that purpose. Not necessarily an indication of how good the brain is for other things.

With my 2k LG and the glasses off, yes I can see the lines. With the glasses on, 3D appears and lines are gone. Eyes & brain are good here.

But, with upcomiing 4K, any advantage of active reduces to zero except for games where each player sees a different view.

End of quibbling.

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Richard Adams is offline  
post #29 of 38 Old 01-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Robut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Adams View Post

First 4K passive LCD set(s) coming at imminent CES.

These feature: No flicker. Indisputable full HD bright 3D. No pixel lag contribution to 3D ghosting. Uses inexpensive glasses.

Being able to have the brain envision full HD using current 2K FPR is likely a function of how good the individual eyes & brain are for that purpose. Not necessarily an indication of how good the brain is for other things.

With my 2k LG and the glasses off, yes I can see the lines. With the glasses on, 3D appears and lines are gone. Eyes & brain are good here.

But, with upcomiing 4K, any advantage of active reduces to zero except for games where each player sees a different view.

End of quibbling.

We have no idea of the price point of a 4k display. If it's anywhere near the price of a similar size 2k display I'll be first in line to buy one. Even though LG is is showing it at CES Will they be available in 2012 or anytime in the near future?

I don't understand you statement saying that without glasses you can see the lines. the lines only appear when the glasses are on. The lines are produced because the lenses of the glasses and every other pixel line are opposite polarization, thus producing the blacked out lines to each eye.
Robut is offline  
post #30 of 38 Old 01-10-2012, 01:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Richard Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robut View Post

I don't understand you statement saying that without glasses you can see the lines. the lines only appear when the glasses are on. The lines are produced because the lenses of the glasses and every other pixel line are opposite polarization, thus producing the blacked out lines to each eye.

The lines I am referring to are the ones that form as the image for one eye only.

The 3d effect for passive FPR is formed by alternate line images that only one eye can see.

With the glasses off, most of the images for each eye are blurred together. There are some places where there is no blur and I see the alternate lines that are intended for one eye only. When I put the glasses on, these alternate lines vanish as my brain constructs the 3D image. Hurray for my brain's enjoyment.

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Richard Adams is offline  
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off