Vizio XVT3D6SP 3D HDTV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 64 Old 12-06-2011, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Vizio XVT3D6SP is expected to be released sometime this month last I heard. I plan on buying this TV. This will be an upgrade from an ancient CRT. I've been waiting for the VIA Plus. Hopefully the TV cost stays under 2K.

My best guess for announcement would be near middle of the month.

I would like to buy this from Sam's Club. When Vizio does announce it, how long does it usually take before it becomes available online from Sam's Club.

I'd like to order it this month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 Old 12-09-2011, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Just a reminder for people waiting for this.

They are required to release the model this year according to CES rules so for those waiting, there is a maximum 21 days till release.

If I were to take a guess when they announce, it would be next week (between dec 12 and dec 16) since it would be awkward for them to release after the x-mas holiday.

Vizio keeps absolutely quiet about model releases until - POW - it happens.

I just need to know which online stores will have it first and how long after announcement.
post #3 of 64 Old 12-16-2011, 08:28 AM

My local Sam's has these on the shelf.
post #4 of 64 Old 12-16-2011, 09:09 PM

Are you guys talking about the M3D650SV? Because the XVT was last years model. If it is the M series on the shelf at Sams I would be very curious to know if it has motion blurring on fast moving scence because I just got the XVT from BJs and it has terrible blurring, almost unusable for gaming.

My Theater Gallery
Xbox Live gamertag: Ikari Warrior
Playstation Network ID: IkariWarrior
post #5 of 64 Old 12-17-2011, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Nope

Talking about the Vizio models XVT3D476SP and XVT3D556SP

Hopefully they announce it this coming week. Maybe take a month to get in stores. I hope sooner.
post #6 of 64 Old 12-18-2011, 07:07 AM

Oh I didn't realize they had another line coming out so soon, the M Series 55" just hit last week, which is great so far as I just picked one up yesterday.

My Theater Gallery
Xbox Live gamertag: Ikari Warrior
Playstation Network ID: IkariWarrior
post #7 of 64 Old 12-18-2011, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

The M series seems more for people who are primarily cinema movie buffs and only edge lit.

The SP version is full array local dimming and more generic TV which is the one I want. Plus I would assume it will have the latest Google 2.0 software.
post #8 of 64 Old 12-18-2011, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

I find it amazing that they didn't release it earlier december for x-mas sales time.

i don't mind them delaying release if it is to improve the quality and make sure the TV release is done right. Maybe they are waiting for the google TV 2.0 software. sony got software for their TV's in late November. Maybe sony is higher up in the que.

More important, they may be trying to get the most mileage out of their current inventory of TV's in the stores. Some people who buy the 554 may be a disappointed that they missed the 6SP TV because they thought Vizio had released all it's models this year.
post #9 of 64 Old 12-18-2011, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

>My local Sam's has these on the shelf.

I called Vizio the week before last and they have not been released
post #10 of 64 Old 12-20-2011, 11:38 AM

Got sick of trying to track down the original CES posts from the various sources so I threw this spreadsheet together... hope it helps outline models & specs for what was announced for the Vizio 2011 line-up.

Vizio 2011 TV Line-Up.zip 8.9169921875k . file
post #11 of 64 Old 12-20-2011, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

there are errors in the charts especially the ones released this year

here is a shortened chart

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/22/v...a-plus-and-ul/

full array with local dimming are the hardest to find

if no announcement tomorrow on wed then i expect announcement after x-mas
post #12 of 64 Old 12-28-2011, 04:46 PM

Does anyone have any info on when we should see the Vizio XVT3D6SP... Doesn't Vizio have to release this set before the end of the year? Its so frustrating for people who are trying to plan their next big purchase...
post #13 of 64 Old 12-28-2011, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

I am waiting like you. It is frustrating.

That was always my understanding of the CES rules also. They technically have 2 more days left. I called Vizio but they keep their employees in the dark like always.

We will actually find out whether their actually rules with teeth or rules without teeth or the rules that were just rumors and never existed

I don't see nothing worth buying except Sony Bravia XBR-55HX929 but that is just a tad too expensive at >$2500 for me. If they come down a little in price I would definitely consider it. I may have to consider the XBR after the CES 2012 if Vizio disappoints.

CES 2012 is Jan 10. Except for some 3D advancements and OLED, I don't see much new. I wonder how many TV manufacturers come out with full array local dimming.

Apple will probably release a TV mid year that will have OLED, voice control etc but like always, it's prices will be too high for the masses but it will be state of the art technology. Android OS will eventually take over the entire TV (Google 2.0) , tablet and phone market as time goes by. The Ice Cream Android should unify the OS across devices.
post #14 of 64 Old 12-28-2011, 10:23 PM

I agree with what you have said... I have an LG 55 inch right now which was a great deal at 400 off at Costco and only about 5 days left for return which was the plan. Now that Vizio is giving the consumer the run around I may just stay with the LG... arrgg in an irritating situation.. Ohh well I will keep my eyes open for it.
post #15 of 64 Old 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

don't see vizio announcing something right before new year holiday so tv released sometime next year ... hopefully before dec 2020

the XBR-55HX929 i mentioned has some thing i don't like - active 3d so probably cross off. i would prefer passive.

i'd like the TVs to have powerful processor so web browsing won't be slow. google mandates i think at least a 1.6 ghz processor for google tv 2.0. may need to be faster
post #16 of 64 Old 01-05-2012, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

I always thought in the back of my mind that the reason Vizio wouldn't produce the XVT3D55SP that won at last years CES show was because the Google TV hardware was being upgraded. We'll have to wait for confirmation that Vizio is updating hardware at CES next Tuesday. It is an excellent reason to delay the TV. It was a little bit worried it may contain older hardware.

It gives me an incentive to delay the purchase a little bit. I'd like to see Vizio comes out with a 60 inch full array /local dimming. Hopefully they start selling the sets soon.

Marvell 1500 is an entire Sytem on Chip

This little snippet kind of confirms it ...
------------------
Marvell 1500
The new ARM Processor for Google TV

TV makers to show new ARM Powered Google TV boxes at CES 2012 include:
- LG
- Sony
- Vizio

These ARM Powered Google TV boxes thus have the full Live TV integration mode supported. That means the ARM Processors are optimized to playback 1080p in 60fps, evt play 2 1080p video streams at the same time (picture in picture stuff), they support HDMI input and output at the same time, rendering overlay graphics on top of the 1080p video stream, controlling an IR blaster. I expect they also support all video codecs up to 1080p at full bitrates, I expect 1080p USB webcams are supported for HD video conferencing. USB host ports are supported to connect USB NTFS/EXT/FAT32 hard drives and USB sticks. Full Chrome browser web browsing on top of Android with Flash is for sure supported.

The most important factor that will make ARM Powered Google TV a success is the price. Marvell CEO said in his keynote at ARM TechCon 2010 that it only costs $25 to add this type of Internet connected Set-top-box functionality into a HDTV, and that it thus only makes sense that nearly all new HDTVs will quite simply integrate this right inside of them. It will be expected by consumers buying a new HDTV, that Google TV functionality will always be included for free and that it does not increase the price. I think all HDTVs will include an Ethernet port, some might include WiFi or just support it using any WiFi dongle on one of its several USB host ports on the side. As Eric Schmidt has said, by the middle of 2012, expect that most new HDTVs will include Google TV functionality for free. Expect ARM Powered Google TV set-top-boxes for $99 with Live TV integration and $49 without Live TV integration (no HDMI input, no IR blaster).

----------------------
post #17 of 64 Old 01-06-2012, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Today chipmaker Marvell announced that their new Foresight Platform, powered by the Marvell Armada 1500 HD Media system-on-a-chip (SoC), has been designed into the next generation of Google TVs expected to debut at CES 2012. Google was widely expected to reveal the second generation of Google TV devices at last year’s CES, but they decided to pull the plug and reboot Google TV.

This is a significant change for Google TV devices, since the first wave of products from Logitech and Sony were powered by Intel’s Atom processor. The move to the ARM-based Marvell processor should help reduce the initial cost of the new TVs and set top boxes that will be announced.

Companies expected to announce new Google TV devices include LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
----------------------------------
post #18 of 64 Old 01-09-2012, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by prioris View Post

I always thought in the back of my mind that the reason Vizio wouldn't produce the XVT3D55SP that won at last years CES show was because the Google TV hardware was being upgraded. ----------------------

Remember part of their launch was the 475 and 555 which was basically the same TV without the google TV. Vizio had always released a stripped down version of their TV's before they released the final one as promised. Have you seen any 480hz TV's released from Vizio? --- No

Have you seen any from LG (Who supplies Vizio with their panels) ? -- No

Vizio is now making Lightbulbs, Tablets, Sound Bars, PC's ,,, You name it. They just haven't produced a quality TV in over a year

I would not expect to see any Edge lit Google TV versions by 3Q and I don't expect to see any Local Dimming models this year.

Vizio is holding "Private" showings this year for their GTV products . Remember what happened to all the items which were shown Privatley last year ?

Basically if you don't see it on theFloor at CES then don't expect to see it in your homne this year.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/09/v...-not-much-els/
post #19 of 64 Old 01-09-2012, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Oh My... Check out Vizio's home page .. Click what they have for their new HDTV lineup for 2012..

Not a Local Dimming Set in the Bunch... All Edge Lit...

It's the Future you know ....hahha

Awsome.. Just what I expected.. But hey... they do have a 10" Tablet..

Yea.. After waiting for the 70" and getting burned I waited for the Local dimming models from last year and got burned again..

On the + side. There is nothing worth waiting for from them this year so I guess I should be happy for that...
post #20 of 64 Old 01-09-2012, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

the bright side is this - we can move on. they key is that we know who is or isn't this year.

since TV's and their features are being commodity-ized, VIZIO will have to release their TV's much earlier or else lose a lot of market share. unless you want low cost oled, no need to wait. i will have new TV by mid year.

even if vizio does release new local dimming, a late 2012 release means vizio becomes irrelevant and i go shopping somewhere else

i will consider the XVT3S554SV and add the internet as a set top box later

if no more new local dimming from other manufacturers, i will consider the Sony Bravia XBR-55HX929 and add set top box later on

but i really prefer a 60 inch full array local dimming and pay no more than $3000.

as i said in another post, the highly functional internet android capability can be added later so no need to wait for google tv. High performance Android TV set top boxes will cost around $100 to $150 and will likely flood the market later this year.

p.s.

yep, even blu-ray devices will have android
post #21 of 64 Old 01-09-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

They are releasing a Blu-Ray with Google TV so Pairing the 554 with that would work. I was looking for a Passive 3d Set . Guess I'll see what LG is offering but since Vizio is tied to the Hip of LG so I figure that if Vizio isn't releasing it then LG didn't manufacture the components it needed to assemble them.

I'll end up going Sharp by mid year ..

Quote:

the highly functional internet android capability can be added later so no need to wait for google tv. High performance Android TV set top boxes will cost around $100 to $150 and will likely flood the market later this year.

post #22 of 64 Old 01-09-2012, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

passive 3D with minimal or no cross talk problems is what i was waiting for also.
otherwise i would have pulled the trigger already.

yep, even blu-ray devices will have android.

i will also look to see if plasma has made advancements in energy use and weight
post #23 of 64 Old 01-09-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Yea, it just really pisses me off when Vizio can't tell its customers anything. They never "Officially" announced that the 70" was canceled. They just act as if they never brought it up. I'm sure they knew 6 months ago that the "TRULED" models weren't going to happen. It appears that No comment is better then bad news.

Perhaps this will cheer you up..

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/09/s...ore-new-hdtvs/
post #24 of 64 Old 01-09-2012, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Another thought

full array local dimming HDTV's seem to be all active 3D

given all the complaints about active 3D flicker headaches and fatigue from watching too long (although some people may find them ok), I would even consider getting just a 2D HDTV since the active 3D feature could end up being a pain in the ass to watch. i would consider plasma also if push comes to shove.
post #25 of 64 Old 01-09-2012, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Plasma... Lets not loose our heads now ...

I'd still buy an active 3d over a 2D set just for the option to watch 3D.

I do believe that I will buy any brand other then Vizio, They won't get a $1 from me now or in the future. You can only lie so many time and they are releasing massive loads of Crap into the market. All of this edge lit stuff is Crap and just so they can turn a quick buck. Look at the date of their last "AWARD" it all fits...

I'll even Consider the televisions from Haier. They announced a 65" at CES and they have 2D to 3D conversion.

Quote:

Another thought

full array local dimming HDTV's seem to be all active 3D

given all the complaints about active 3D flicker headaches and fatigue from watching too long (although some people may find them ok), I would even consider getting just a 2D HDTV since the active 3D feature could end up being a pain in the ass to watch. i would consider plasma also if push comes to shove.

post #26 of 64 Old 01-09-2012, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

full array local dimming HDTVs announcements will explode all over the place on the first day of CES

OTOH there may be a higher chance of seeing a Sasquatch at the CES event

Sharp's announcement of 70 and 80 inch TVs that are way too expensive and
not too practical for most living rooms. Their 60 inch and lower are the crappier edge lit.
post #27 of 64 Old 01-09-2012, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

http://www.5min.com/Video/Top-5-Vapo...2011-517240375

Check it out..

Vizio made #2 They should be so proud... Lying A***oles.
I made sure to post the link to their Face book page

I do have High hopes from Samsung this year, their new sets look good, they will be expensive but at least they

Quote:

full array local dimming HDTVs announcements will explode all over the place on the first day of CES

OTOH there may be a higher chance of seeing a Sasquatch at the CES event

Sharp's announcement of 70 and 80 inch TVs that are way too expensive and
not too practical for most living rooms. Their 60 inch and lower are the crappier edge lit.

post #28 of 64 Old 01-09-2012, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

samsung has made only edge lit hdtvs

they have been a disappointment

they had nothing worth buying last year unless it is a TV for bathroom or hallway

so far have heard nothing worth while from CES

maybe there has been an incredible break through in edge lit TVs display performance.

maybe pigs fly
post #29 of 64 Old 01-09-2012, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

yes but they are releasing their 55" OLED this year.

Their Edge set also has Gesture and voice recognition and a built in camera for video conferencing.
post #30 of 64 Old 01-09-2012, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

how many OLED do you think will be sold this year ... 100 ... probably queen elizabeth royal family will get one

it will cost a fortune, so too much for me

i don't live in a mansion and drive a porche. i can't even afford a harem.

being a miserly pauper who wants quality, i'm trying to keep price under 2800

peasants need high quality hdtvs also

as far as voice control, i don't like talking to objects.
some people actually fall in love with objects like buildings etc.

no cameras on tvs. it's bad enough that every website i surf and everything i type
goes into government database. they will know more about me than i do of myself.
that is kind of scary.
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page