Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 67 Old 01-15-2012, 02:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Adams View Post

I have had a Sony 70" with a bulb for 5+ years, and not yet used the spare bulb that came with it. Replaced light engine though.

92" size is excellent compared to 84".

92" available now, Needs active glasses, it's not 4K, but then there is no 4K source material yet.

Brighter could matter.

Did Mitsubishi show any new big screen 3D sets at CES???????????

http://hdguru3d.com/mitsubishi-getti...-for-ces-2012/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 01-15-2012, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

I am more interested in the 84" monitor than the popcorn... And now the question is. Do I wait for the 84" 4K LG, or get a 92" mits DLP now? Probably not going to do both this year.

Me too.

For me though, I'm done with rear projection and the need to deal with lamps. LED LCD's are thin, brighter, and this 84" has a much higher resolution capability which makes it future proof for quite a while.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #63 of 67 Old 01-15-2012, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

I have had a Sony 70" with a bulb for 5+ years, and not yet used the spare bulb that came with it. Replaced light engine though.

92" size is excellent compared to 84".

92" available now, Needs active glasses, it's not 4K, but then there is no 4K source material yet.

Brighter could matter.

Did Mitsubishi show any new big screen 3D sets at CES???????????

I am also using the same lamp that came installed with my 70XBR2. I've had my TV for a little over 5 years now and I'm just hoping it lasts long enough for me to get the new TV. If the 84" LG isn't released until Aug/Sept, then my current Sony needs to hang in there for another 7-8 months.

I'm not sure if Mitsubishi showed anything new at CES. From what I've read they were supposed to have their 92" model on display.

post #64 of 67 Old 01-16-2012, 10:25 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post

Size isn't everything You didn't mention rainbows. 2k upconverted to 4k will look better in the interim. I'll bet next year Mits will have a 92" 4k for less money, now were talking.

There is ZERO guarantee that the upconversion of 2K to 4K will look much better than 2K well rendered on a 2K display.

The quality of internal upcovnersion in TVs is not always as good as people think it will be. Just look at compliants about the upconversion in built in to TVs, Cable Boxes and Satellite recievers.
post #65 of 67 Old 01-16-2012, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post

...., but I have to laugh when anyone says my "home theater" is as good as the movies. Maybe some day.

I've had front projection since 2003, and since 1080p has been available, it most definitely can be superior to "going to the movies". The majority of films I have seen are dim and out of focus in comparison to my batcave dedicated room. I don't care about specs, a BD in my theatre blows away what I see at my local theatre.

Back on topic. Bring on this set. Getting 4K into the home is a big deal.

Art
post #66 of 67 Old 01-17-2012, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

I've had front projection since 2003, and since 1080p has been available, it most definitely can be superior to "going to the movies". The majority of films I have seen are dim and out of focus in comparison to my batcave dedicated room. I don't care about specs, a BD in my theatre blows away what I see at my local theatre.

Back on topic. Bring on this set. Getting 4K into the home is a big deal.

Art

Sorry about the theaters you go to. I wouldn't go either. Fortunately the theaters around me are great.
post #67 of 67 Old 02-19-2012, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
My Sony HDR-TD10 camcorder's highest quality 3D display uses 1080i60-3D which is also known as AVCHD 2.0.

Some of the newest TV models directly support frame packed 1080i60-3D over hdmi directly from the camcorder including samsung and panasonic.

I wonder if any of the new LG TVs including this 84" LM9600 will accept that 1080i60-3D signal.

Here are some links to the 2012 LG lineup

http://hdguru.com/ces-2012-lgs-hdtv-line/7018/
http://www.lg.com/us/press-release/l...2012-hdtv-line

"With Liberty, HDTV and Justice for all."
Richard Adams
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page