Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-03-2012, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i am looking at Sharp LC60LE835U and Panasonic TC-P55VT30

i prefer 60" but a 55" will work. i know one is plasma while other is lcd/led. does the 835U have the led blooming/flashlight/halo issue like so many lcd/led panels do? 3D is a bonus to have, etc.

has anyone seen these two up close with a good blu-ray 3D or 2D movie? any big 3D diffs to note?

any suggestions on which you would choose, and why.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-03-2012, 09:21 AM

Liked: 13
Have you read through both official threads? Usualy they are found in there respective flat panel sections of the forum's.

VT30 thread- http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1331665

Sharp 835u thread- http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1324688

With 3D I have not read of a LCD that has scored well with 3D crosstalk test's. Most likely due to the .002 second pixel reaction time added to processing time. In short the pixel doesn't change state fast enough and you see what you are not suppose to see. This generally is only noticed in fast movements or dark scenes with bright area's.
Plasma's some have scored near perfect but have not seen a perfect score with any yet. Plasma pixel reaction times are .000008 seconds roughly. And why they score better with 3D cross talk then LCD displays.
All have processing time, so the better the processor the less cross talk will be seen. Recomend reading through both threads to see the plus and minus or each set, there is no perfect display just some better suited for different needs.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
The Phillips 9704H (something like that) is said to have crosstalk levels approaching plasma according to a very impressive digitalversus review. Unfortunately, it might not even be available and is only made in 55 and 46 inch. From that i predict a steady decrease in crosstalk over next few years.

The LE835u has VERY low crosstalk levels for an LCD, blew my 2010 Sony NX711 out of the water.
post #4 of 8 Old 01-03-2012, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denon_Kid View Post

i am looking at Sharp LC60LE835U and Panasonic TC-P55VT30

i prefer 60" but a 55" will work. i know one is plasma while other is lcd/led. does the 835U have the led blooming/flashlight/halo issue like so many lcd/led panels do? 3D is a bonus to have, etc.

has anyone seen these two up close with a good blu-ray 3D or 2D movie? any big 3D diffs to note?

any suggestions on which you would choose, and why.

My 835 had horrible issues and was returned after 5 days. Got a Panny GT30 and like it much better. Thought about the VT but the BestBuy 3d package deal at $1699 was too good to pass up.

I posted a pic of my clouding/flash lighting issue at the end of the owners thread.

~Bill
post #5 of 8 Old 01-04-2012, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillKen View Post

My 835 had horrible issues and was returned after 5 days. Got a Panny GT30 and like it much better. Thought about the VT but the BestBuy 3d package deal at $1699 was too good to pass up.

I posted a pic of my clouding/flash lighting issue at the end of the owners thread.

i saw that 835 post, which leads me to skip the 835.
i'm still on the fence of st/gt/vt but leaning 55vt30. my center can fit a 60" but it seems the vt30 is the better series (although i cant seem to find any good info on the diffs between them)....
post #6 of 8 Old 04-13-2012, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I just got a set of Sharp 3D glasses and I do see crosstalk from time to time on my 40" 835 but the 3D performance is so much more than I imagined it could be. It is freakin amazing especially the IMAX under the sea blu-ray. I watched some cable HD 3D on FIOS On Demand and again I'm blown away. I've never seen 3D as good as this before, I'm curious how much better a plasma is with 3D now that I've seen the next level.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denon_Kid View Post

i saw that 835 post, which leads me to skip the 835.
i'm still on the fence of st/gt/vt but leaning 55vt30. my center can fit a 60" but it seems the vt30 is the better series (although i cant seem to find any good info on the diffs between them)....

Are you still looking? Curious if the 2012 Panasonic Plasma 3D TVs in the V model (VT50?) is now finally available in a 60 inch version? Apart from Bluetooth connectivity for the 3D glasses, some dumb "smart TV" add ons and bezel cosmetics, is there really anything to recommend the 2012s over the VT30s of 2011? By the way I have been very happy with my 65vt30.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-20-2012, 08:46 AM

My wife bought me the 60 inch 835U for my birthday and was installed on April 9 on the wall. First off, don't go smaller. I am coming from a 65 inch big box and slightly regret not getting the 70 but thats just me. Also, this is my 1st LCD TV really and out of the box the picture is so much different than the one it replaced. The 65 inch I think is closer to a plasma in picture which I have been watching. I thought the picture was good and was still good but wanted to upgrade from the giant box. I haven't done anything to the settings on the 835 and so far it seems amazing and my wife just keeps saying "wow". Having said this, I think it is not perfect and some of the characteristics people are taking about are there but the picture is so nice and bright that it makes up for some of the problems with edge lit LCD's. At some point, I will try some things maybe even get it calibrated by Best Buy but so far the TV looks amazing. One caveat, some feeds can be completely different. For example, watching NCIS the other day the picture didn't look that good but I can't really explain why but my suspecion is that is from some of the cloudy issues, etc. But for right now, I have no regrets with the TV except that bigger is better.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Sharp Quattron 60 Inch 3d Led Lcd Hdtv Lc60le835u , Sharp Quattron 52 Inch 3d Led Lcd Hdtv Lc52le835u , Sharp Quattron 46 Inch 3d Led Lcd Hdtv Lc46le835u
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page