Is Panasonic ST the same as GT or VT? (Problems with Avatar 3D settings on P50ST30) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-25-2012, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Trying to watch Avatar 3D with the "Panasonic VIERA TC-P50ST30 50-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV" and the "Panasonic TY-EW3D2MMK2 Ultimate 3D Starter Kit (Avatar 3D + 2 Rechargeable Glasses)".

When I open the kit, an insert says, "To enjoy the highest possible 3d picture quality of AVATAR, James Cameron suggested to use the special setting found in: http://panasonic.net/avc/3dviera/"

That link is not valid...thanks, Panasonic.

I eventually found the proper link: http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/us2011/avatar

On that page, you have to choose the VT setup options or the GT setup options. We have the ST, which isn't an option...thanks again, Panasonic.

Should I use the VT or the GT options for an ST panel? Or neither...and then what? Is this firmware download really that important...and why can't we just download it wirelessly like regular firmware updates?

Did we make a mistake in buying the ST? At the time, the GT had numerous complaints so we went with the ST (last summer).

Danananananananana...Batman! (No reason, just wanted a signature.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-25-2012, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post

Trying to watch Avatar 3D with the "Panasonic VIERA TC-P50ST30 50-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV" and the "Panasonic TY-EW3D2MMK2 Ultimate 3D Starter Kit (Avatar 3D + 2 Rechargeable Glasses)".

When I open the kit, an insert says, "To enjoy the highest possible 3d picture quality of AVATAR, James Cameron suggested to use the special setting found in: http://panasonic.net/avc/3dviera/"

That link is not valid...thanks, Panasonic.

I eventually found the proper link: http://panasonic.net/avc/viera/us2011/avatar

On that page, you have to choose the VT setup options or the GT setup options. We have the ST, which isn't an option...thanks again, Panasonic.

Should I use the VT or the GT options for an ST panel? Or neither...and then what? Is this firmware download really that important...and why can't we just download it wirelessly like regular firmware updates?

Did we make a mistake in buying the ST? At the time, the GT had numerous complaints so we went with the ST (last summer).

that is a very good qeustion. I own the gt25 and used the cameron settings for 3d. works great on the tv. I guess try both.. I dont think you need to do the firmware update. that is for the vt series.

Jacob
post #3 of 5 Old 01-25-2012, 06:54 PM

Want to sell your 3D starter kit?

I listen to everything, I just don't say anything.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-26-2012, 08:37 AM

Liked: 18
The ST is a really good TV for the price. And I wouldn't use either of the settings for two reasons, first those are for last years models, two, they are for different models. Best recommendation is get it calibrated.

Ignorance is a choice
post #5 of 5 Old 02-01-2012, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adupree View Post

The ST is a really good TV for the price. And I wouldn't use either of the settings for two reasons, first those are for last years models, two, they are for different models. Best recommendation is get it calibrated.

+1
The kits came out for the 2010 models so that is what the setting are for.

Gamertag: Ikazu
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P50st30 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P50st30 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page