Samsung D8000 3D Triple image problem? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 01-31-2012, 04:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys,

After reading this forum I went out and bought a Samsung UE55D8000. So far I am very impressed with everything apart from the most important bit, the 3D.

I get this ghosting effect on most things. It is most prominent on graphical text on sky sports on the sky 3d channel. The snooker happened to be on when I took this.

This was taken with my iPhone through one of the lenses on my 3D glasses. As you can see I get a repeat image to the right of the main image. If you look through the other lens you get a repeat image on the other side.

The outcome is when watching, obviously with both eyes, I get repeat images on both sides.

If you look closely (not visible on the pic) you can see the ghosting on the snooker balls / football players / anything watched in 3D.

How do I solve this?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-02-2012, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Someone must have an idea?

Forgot to say, running latest firmware 1021.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-02-2012, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 1026
Not familiar with the led 3d performance, except for a recent visit to a friend who just got the led UN55D7000. I thought the 3d performance pretty poor but we didn't check settings, just watched a bit with the settings as is, no ghosting just a pale 3d compared to my own set; I have a PN59D8000 and the 3d performance is quite good. Your problem seems to point to defective unit IMHO.

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #4 of 9 Old 02-03-2012, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How close are you sitting? I notice this in my set when I sit closer than 6 ft if I ho a little further the problem gets solved. Also of you're using the 2D-3D option, you'll have to adjust the 3D options (angle and depth)

My Room (old thread)
My current equipment:
Samsung UN55D8000. Marantz SR5005. Oppo BDP-103.
Denon DP-300F. AKG K-550 Headphones.
B&W 685 (fronts), HTM61 (center), 686 (Surr), Velodyne Impact-12.
Playstation 4, Xbox One.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-04-2012, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter

Hi guys, I am sitting about 10ft away from the TV. This was a 3D broardcast on sky, so I was not producing a 3D image from a 2D one.

I have contacted Samsung and they have said they would send out an engineer. Just wannted to make sure it wasn;t a simple setting in the menu or something.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-04-2012, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by john121park121 View Post

Hi guys, I am sitting about 10ft away from the TV. This was a 3D broardcast on sky, so I was not producing a 3D image from a 2D one.

I have contacted Samsung and they have said they would send out an engineer. Just wannted to make sure it wasn;t a simple setting in the menu or something.

Did you try a 3d bluray to see if it was the source instead of the display?

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #7 of 9 Old 02-04-2012, 05:08 PM

Liked: 14
White text on black background reveals major crosstalk.
Crosstalk is an issue with all flat panel displays particularly LCD like yours.

Take off the glasses and adjust the "3d intensity" in the samsung menu, which acually changes the 3d parralax for different depths. by moving the "3d intensity" in or out you can change depth of the bold white text until it is at screen distance.
Samsungs terms are a little counter intuitive.
"3d intensity" will move the entire scene forward or back in depth, but won't change the total depth range.
"depth" will adjust the depth range as in the total depth of the scene.

When the text is not doubled (even without glasses) it means it is at screen distance. Anything at screen distance will of course show no crosstalk.
Typically content creators will put bold text or the important part of the scene at screen distance (for clarity and lack of crosstalk). For this reason, "3d intensity" is best left at ZERO for most content. This leaves things as the creator intended it.
Changes to 3d intensity above or below ZERO should only be made if you would want to move the scene forward or backward to bring other objects to screen distance.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-04-2012, 06:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What 3D resolution does the Sky 3D channel broadcast in?
post #9 of 9 Old 02-16-2012, 02:42 PM

Hi John, I have the exact same problem as you, did you solve it. Ive tried messing with all settings but I still get double or triple images in 3D mode, its driving me nuts I love the TV and in 2D its amazing but this 3D problem is annoying - thanks
Reply 3D Displays