LG PZ550 3D Emitter location - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-03-2012, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an LG 60PZ550 (Plasma 3d) and a set of MonsterVision 3d Max glasses w/the RF Transmitter.. I'm having issues with the Monster IR receiver picking up the 3D IR signal from the TV in order to transmit via RF to the Monster 3D glasses..

In the manual, LG doesn't show where the emitter is located on the TV, and I've only occasionally gotten the monster IR module to pick up the 3d signal by holding it right to the screen directly in the center area.. about 20 or so square inches.. anything further away from that, the signal degrades, then it goes back to searching..

Does anyone know exactly where the 3D emitter is located on these units?

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-03-2012, 10:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
According to page 13 of the user's manual I found for your TV the IR sensor is in the lower right of the bezel close to the corner.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-03-2012, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Hmm.. did you find that manual on their site?

The physical manual I have deals w/Vesa wall mounting on page 13.. and on the one I downloaded from LG, page 13 has info about 32" and 43" models of theirs..

Is the 3d IR emitter located where the remote control sensor would be on most TVs? I searched the PDF I have for "blaster" as well as "emitter" and it finds nothing..

I held the IR sensor for the monster glasses directly in front of the bottom right corner (to the right of the touch buttons), and the signal fades away from green dots, to red, then starts searching for signal again..

I've sent emails to monster and LG.. haven't heard anything yet.. AND I did just purchase another pair in case the ones I got yesterday were defective..and it's the exact same issues..

M
post #4 of 5 Old 02-03-2012, 02:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Sorry I told you where the IR receiver is located.
I now believe that the emitter is located in the lower left corner of the bezel which is several other manufacturers have their 3D Ir emitter located.
Here is the manual link at the LG USA web site that I used.

http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-60PZ550#
post #5 of 5 Old 02-03-2012, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for helping out on this walford...

I just got a big light shed on the entire situation though.. straight from LG.. And I can assume this would go for other PZ550 tv's..

here's the text from the email..

Dear M,

Thank you for your email and I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your 3D glasses not synchronizing with your TV.

I will be happy to assist you with this, your 3D glasses type AG-S2xx series are connected via an RF link to your television, they will synchronize to the strongest TV signal they receiver on switch on, if they are accidently synchronized to the wrong TV then please perform the following:

1. Press the power button for over eight seconds.
2. Release the button when the green LED light turns on. Then, you will see the green light blink three times before the device is switched off. If you switch the power on again, the glasses will be connected to the TV or PROJECTOR with the strongest signal.

The transmitter for this is located internally in the television so location is unimportant.

Please ensure that you do have the AG-S2xx series and not the AG-S1xx series which are I.R. and not for this television. (60PZ550)

I hope that this information is useful to you.

They use RF... no wonder..!!!

I wonder am I stuck with the default LG glasses now...
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page