vizio e3d470vx is it worth it? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 03-13-2012, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi im new here been looking at flat screen tvs because our old tv is about to bit the dust ive always liked the samsung tv but i was at walmart and saw the vizio 3d tv there i have been on the internet looking at reviews and seeing bad things bout there tvs and good thing i like the 3d tv but want to know is it worth the money what ARE THE BAD THINGS BOUT THIS SET is the 2 d picture nice i want to get it but afraid too can you help me out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-14-2012, 03:58 AM

Liked: 11
See the Vizio thread for this model below.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-14-2012, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

thanks how does this rate with the samsung for 2011
post #4 of 11 Old 03-15-2012, 01:09 PM

There is no comparison. Samsung and Sony are the gold standards for television sets. However, they use a powered glasses technology for their 3d sets, while Vizio uses a cheaper technology refered to as passive 3d. If your on a budget, Vizio offers an affordable solution that will allow you to enjoy 3d technology. However, if you are not on a budget, and would like passive 3d set, go with an LG s for slightly better image quality and features like 2d-3d built into the set. And if you want what many consider to be a superior technology by all means, go with Samsung as they truly do have the absolute best 2d image quality in my opinion but research the advantages and disadvantages of both 3d technologies and decide which is right for your needs.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-15-2012, 02:52 PM

I think the E3d47 is the best looking set I've had...and I've had 5 sets since and none have looked as good. The LG had nice features but the screen uniformity and edge light bleed was pretty poor. The larger more expensive Vizios have either blooming from the local dimming (M3d550sr) or smearing issues with motion on the bigger sets (XVT650 and M3d650). Being a normal normal LCD is a strength of this set in my opinion, it may not be the thinnest set but it suffers none of the issues of the other passive sets. I wish there was a 55" or 65" version of this set with identical performance, since 47" feels a bit small.

My Theater Gallery
Xbox Live gamertag: Ikari Warrior
Playstation Network ID: IkariWarrior
post #6 of 11 Old 03-16-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikari Warrior View Post

I think the E3d47 is the best looking set I've had...and I've had 5 sets since and none have looked as good. The LG had nice features but the screen uniformity and edge light bleed was pretty poor. The larger more expensive Vizios have either blooming from the local dimming (M3d550sr) or smearing issues with motion on the bigger sets (XVT650 and M3d650). Being a normal normal LCD is a strength of this set in my opinion, it may not be the thinnest set but it suffers none of the issues of the other passive sets. I wish there was a 55" or 65" version of this set with identical performance, since 47" feels a bit small.

I agree Ikari Warrior (btw I am so glad the Ikari Warrior games recently became available on ps3). However according to some on this site, we dont even deserve to be enjoying 3d on our cheap Vizios because you have to spend a lot of money to get quality.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-16-2012, 05:52 PM

Wonka is right. I have an LG 55LW5600 and it and 42" Vizio in my mancave. The Vizio looks great, and gives the LG a run for its money. The LG has 2d-3d conversion and more adjustments, but for watching great 3d and good 2d it is well worth its price and more.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-18-2012, 09:20 PM

I ended up rebuying this set after watching a movie on the M3D650SV and having the smearing drive me crazy. The new E3D470VX looks as good as my old one. I may have to sit right on top of it due to the smaller size, but the rock solid image quality makes it worth it. Now I jut have to decide what to do with the 65"...

My Theater Gallery
post #9 of 11 Old 03-19-2012, 07:59 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikari Warrior View Post

I ended up rebuying this set after watching a movie on the M3D650SV and having the smearing drive me crazy. The new E3D470VX looks as good as my old one. I may have to sit right on top of it due to the smaller size, but the rock solid image quality makes it worth it. Now I jut have to decide what to do with the 65"...

I don't see smearing, what are you watching? I have m3d650sv
post #10 of 11 Old 03-19-2012, 08:08 PM

It's especially noticeable during gaming...and dark scenes show it the most. Blacs and reds tend to be the worst. Anytime you spin the camera around, or pass your view over a dark object, it leaves a trail behind it. It's not normal LCD motion blur, it's like an after image. I posted a video example in the 65" forum. It's worst in games but I see it in movies as well. It happened on the XVT650 and the M3D650 but not the M3D550 or the E3D470.

My Theater Gallery
post #11 of 11 Old 03-20-2012, 02:35 PM

I tried taking video of it on both sets but the frame rate and resolution on my phone camera had a hard time picking up the effect. If you walk into a dark room in a game like Call of Duty and look around it should be noticeable. What settings are you using the 65" where you don't see it?

My Theater Gallery
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page