Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay My setup
Sony STR-DG810 Receiver,
LG BP620 3D Blu Ray Player
LG 65LW6500 3D TV
PS3
Direct TV HD

I originally purchased the LG 55LM6200 I had a Panasonic 50" HD plasma before. I hooked everything up, and after a software update on the BP620, watched my first 3D movie, THOR.

Wasn't satisfied with size, as it looked just as big as my 50" , I know not much difference, so went bigger and got a great deal on an open box 65".

FF to last two days...I can not get the BP620 to get recognized by tv, through receiver. I know it works, since it worked on 55", everything else connected through receiver works fine, DirecTV, PS3, etc. Just not the player. I have contacted LG, and they are no help. Anyhow, when connected directly to tv, player works fine. When connected through receiver tells me " no signal from input device... I also noticed that on the LG player an oval type design is on the display....made of dashes.

I don't want to spend $ on a new receiver, but if I must. Can someone help please! What other tests can I do? Anyone been through this before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-16-2012, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
You need a blu-ray player that has 2 hdmi outputs. Both the Panasonic 310 and the OPPO 93 have 2 hdmi outputs that are 3D capable. Run a newer hdmi 1.4 cable from HDMI #1 from player directly to TV. Run HDMI #2 (using either a 1.3 or 1.4 cable) to receiver BD input.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBrat View Post

You need a blu-ray player that has 2 hdmi outputs. Both the Panasonic 310 and the OPPO 93 have 2 hdmi outputs that are 3D capable. Run a newer hdmi 1.4 cable from HDMI #1 from player directly to TV. Run HDMI #2 (using either a 1.3 or 1.4 cable) to receiver BD input.

Why do I need one with 2 HDMI outputs specifically?
If my setup worked with a 3D tv before (55LM6200), shouldnt it work still?
post #4 of 8 Old 03-16-2012, 11:29 AM

I don't see why it worked with the smaller tv. I'm assuming your Sony receiver is a legacy, before 3D receiver. It probably doesn't pass the 3D signal through to the TV. My solution was to use HDMI #1 out to TV using 1.4 cable, and HDMI #2 out to legacy receiver, using 1.3 cable.

Maybe I'm missing something here that someone else can see. But this is my understanding of the problem and how I'm solving it in my system.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-16-2012, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBrat View Post

I don't see why it worked with the smaller tv. I'm assuming your Sony receiver is a legacy, before 3D receiver. It probably doesn't pass the 3D signal through to the TV. My solution was to use HDMI #1 out to TV using 1.4 cable, and HDMI #2 out to legacy receiver, using 1.3 cable.

Maybe I'm missing something here that someone else can see. But this is my understanding of the problem and how I'm solving it in my system.

Thank you. this blu ray does not have 2 hdmi connections, Do you think a switch will work, I have heard of one mentioned on here. Anyhow, worth a shot. Beats having to buy a new 3D capable receiver.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-16-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez176 View Post

Thank you. this blu ray does not have 2 hdmi connections, Do you think a switch will work, I have heard of one mentioned on here. Anyhow, worth a shot. Beats having to buy a new 3D capable receiver.

You have to use both hdmi cables at the same time, so a switch wouldn't work, but an amplified HDMI cable splitter might. After looking at the cost of one of these, it was a better deal just to buy a new blu-ray player. A plain old Y-splitter without the amplification can cause loss of signal strength. But, you could try it.

Make sure that any cables or equip. you buy is HDMI 1.3 compatible.

One other thing I just noticed. Your TV connection I'm assuming gets plugged into the receiver. If this is the case, then the 2 HDMI connection solution won't work with your TV connection. For that you'd probably have to get a new receiver. I didn't have that problem because I just use a TV antenna that plugs into the tv. The TV then sends the audio signal to the receiver via Optical cable.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-16-2012, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez176 View Post

Okay My setup
Sony STR-DG810 Receiver,
LG BP620 3D Blu Ray Player
LG 65LW6500 3D TV
PS3
Direct TV HD

I originally purchased the LG 55LM6200 I had a Panasonic 50" HD plasma before. I hooked everything up, and after a software update on the BP620, watched my first 3D movie, THOR.

Wasn't satisfied with size, as it looked just as big as my 50" , I know not much difference, so went bigger and got a great deal on an open box 65".

FF to last two days...I can not get the BP620 to get recognized by tv, through receiver. I know it works, since it worked on 55", everything else connected through receiver works fine, DirecTV, PS3, etc. Just not the player. I have contacted LG, and they are no help. Anyhow, when connected directly to tv, player works fine. When connected through receiver tells me " no signal from input device... I also noticed that on the LG player an oval type design is on the display....made of dashes.

I don't want to spend $ on a new receiver, but if I must. Can someone help please! What other tests can I do? Anyone been through this before?

Guys, he says his player works when hooked direct to the TV. So, there has to be a setting in the receiver that got changed. Does your receiver have HDMI pass through? If it does, set that to pass through. One thing you might want to check is that HDMI port is set to digital and not analog. I did that one time and I could not get it to work. LOL!! If all else, try a master reset of the receiver. There should be a way to reset the receiver. Good luck.

X-Box Live name: OGgamer1974

If you want to be friends on through xbox network, just send me a request through X-Box Live and mention AVS in the request.

Cheers
post #8 of 8 Old 03-16-2012, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Or, you could buy a new receiver. Onkyo has a monster out with all the bells and whistles.

X-Box Live name: OGgamer1974

If you want to be friends on through xbox network, just send me a request through X-Box Live and mention AVS in the request.

Cheers
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page