How to get Full HD 1080p output from laptop - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 03-19-2012, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to watch a 3D movie from my laptop by connecting it to my 3D TV. I am using the following setup

3D TV: 42" Vizio 3D LED TV (M3D420SR)
Laptop: HP Pavilion dv6-1355dx with intel graphics 4500MHD
HDMI: Onn HDMI cable with 3D support

I have connected the laptop to the TV using the HDMI cable. However VIZIO for some reason does not display the 3D menu when it is even on 1920x1080. It requires 1080p to appear when the info button is pressed. However I have tried everything to get the 1080p to come up on the TV. I have set the TV as the primary display. Then what am I missing here. Anyone plz help......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-19-2012, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
If your laptop is anything like mine you need to go to video settings and first disable laptop screen completely, only then I'm able to set video resolution to 1080p.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-19-2012, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4 View Post

If your laptop is anything like mine you need to go to video settings and first disable laptop screen completely, only then I'm able to set video resolution to 1080p.

When I select the TV as the primary display the laptop screen goes blank. Is that what you meant. If not then could you let me know where I can find the setting to do that. I have a windows 7.
post #4 of 8 Old 03-20-2012, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I have ATI graphics, so yours could be different, but normally when I hook up my TV it goes into duplicate mode with max resolution of 720p or something like that, then I go into driver and disable laptop screen, leaving TV as the only display and at that point I get higher resolution options, that my TV supports, up to 1080p. If you don't have that option with LCD screen disabled then look for something to force the resolution, I have that option in ATI driver where I can pick unsupported resolution, in cases where computer does not read TV data properly and it's not aware of all the modes TV/monitor can display. But I don't have Intel graphics, so not sure exactly where and which options do you have. Simple change of resolution is a third option from bottom if right click on desktop in Win 7.
BTW what is the resolution your computer is sending to TV?
post #5 of 8 Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4 View Post

I have ATI graphics, so yours could be different, but normally when I hook up my TV it goes into duplicate mode with max resolution of 720p or something like that, then I go into driver and disable laptop screen, leaving TV as the only display and at that point I get higher resolution options, that my TV supports, up to 1080p. If you don't have that option with LCD screen disabled then look for something to force the resolution, I have that option in ATI driver where I can pick unsupported resolution, in cases where computer does not read TV data properly and it's not aware of all the modes TV/monitor can display. But I don't have Intel graphics, so not sure exactly where and which options do you have. Simple change of resolution is a third option from bottom if right click on desktop in Win 7.
BTW what is the resolution your computer is sending to TV?

It is sending 1920x1080. However since the 3D option in vizio only gets enabled at 1080p I am stuck over there and not able to make any changes
post #6 of 8 Old 03-20-2012, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

The intel graphic card in my laptop 4500MHD supports 1080p according to the description I read on its site.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-20-2012, 01:05 PM

Liked: 16
Does it support 3D output? 3D 1080p is different from 2D 1080p.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-23-2012, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokeySmoke View Post

Does it support 3D output? 3D 1080p is different from 2D 1080p.

Yes it supports 3D output. Finally got I to work few days back. Thanks Pete4 to point me to the video settings. I had to lower the refresh rate to 24hz from 60hz to get 1080p

If anybody is facing the same problem just right click and go to screen resolution and then set your tv as the primary display and then click on advanced settings. Then click on list all modes and then select 1920x1080 at 24hz for 1080p and at 30hz for 1080i
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page