Samsung UN40D6420 Firmware v1028 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-20-2012, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If anyone else downloaded the Samsung firmware update v1028 (not v1026) via the TV's upgrade function please let me know. I Had a beautiful vibrant lifelike television until I installed the firmware and now it is dull, washed out and the colors are not sharp with a lot of pink. It looks like an old CRT or computer monitor now. There's even a strange "film" or "layer" of motionless noise or artifacts that sits just above the pictures layer like a mesh of crap. If anyone else is having issues similar to mine please respond. Thank you very much

-|Bryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 09:16 AM

This should probably be moved to the LCD/LED forum for more results but I did notice that the 1028 update is not showing up for me on the Samsung website yet it does show up on my TV update?

Strange.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I've seen that before, where the TV will find firmware before it's published.

To the thread starter's question, I wonder if the TV changed modes by mistake. Go into the Tools menu and see if changing the display mode helps you.

I have the Samsung UN46D6420 and it updated without issue.

SS@SolidSignal
Old 03-24-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomohn75 View Post

If anyone else downloaded the Samsung firmware update v1028 (not v1026) via the TV's upgrade function please let me know. I Had a beautiful vibrant lifelike television until I installed the firmware and now it is dull, washed out and the colors are not sharp with a lot of pink. It looks like an old CRT or computer monitor now. There's even a strange "film" or "layer" of motionless noise or artifacts that sits just above the pictures layer like a mesh of crap. If anyone else is having issues similar to mine please respond. Thank you very much

-|Bryan

Goomohn75
Check your TV settings. Sometimes firmware updates will reset all your settings to default. You may just need to reapply your previous settings.

LB
Old 03-25-2012, 09:50 PM

I've got the UN46D6420 and updated it to 1028. No problems with anything post update. A little frustrated that the Smart Hub put a bunch of junk back in there post update, but easy to delete again.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:00 AM

Yes I have the same infuriating problem. I have a UN46D6400 that had a wonderful, vibrant picture. After the firmware "update", it looks much worse. It's like looking through a film over the picture. Also now have vertical bands of light and dark across picture. Really not cool. It really shows up when displaying darker scenes. I have a theory - I think it could be some type of copy protection added in the new firmware to keep people from video recording the screen to pirate movies (just a theory at this point.) Have you found a solution?
Old 07-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11