LG PASSIVE LM6200 dedicated thread... - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 1011 Old 06-06-2012, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Code:

I have had my 47" about a month now and it iis incredible. I am at a loss when it comes to all the controls. I selected this set because out of the box the picture looks great. If you can when you get your set calibrated, please share what you dialed in. This site is great. Enjoy your new set. 3D movies that are worth a look Journey to the Mysterious Island Tangled Immortals. Sammy's adventure. If you have a iPhone the lg remote app is anice addition to the magic remote. Remote zooms through channels like athe middle button of a mouse. The app has a quick view button that is missing on remote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1011 Old 06-06-2012, 01:25 PM
gvc
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
from what I have read, this tv has a dolby digital decoder and the dolby signal should be passed through but my receiver does not confirm this. I am using this hdtv with Directv dvr. my old Vizio set received the dolby audio from the D* receiver and passed it through to my audio receiver (no hdmi connection) with an digital optical cable. The dolby indicator lit up on my receiver with the Vizio but does not using the LG set. I was reading on the 6500 thread that this dolby passthrough had to be activated in the service menu but the poster indicated it was on by default in the lm6200, but I'm not getting it. is there a particular audio setting on this set I need to look at?
post #273 of 1011 Old 06-06-2012, 02:47 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevenfrosts View Post

Code:
I have had my 47" about a month now and it iis incredible. I am at a loss when it comes to all the controls. I selected this set because out of the box the picture looks great. If you can when you get your set calibrated, please share what you dialed in. This site is great. Enjoy your new set. 3D movies that are worth a look Journey to the Mysterious Island Tangled Immortals. Sammy's adventure. If you have a iPhone the lg remote app is anice addition to the magic remote. Remote zooms through channels like athe middle button of a mouse. The app has a quick view button that is missing on remote.

I'll definitely make sure to post my settings here and thanks for the recommendations.

post #274 of 1011 Old 06-06-2012, 05:58 PM
gvc
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdthomps View Post

I have had the TV for 4 or 5 days. Today all of a sudden when I try to access the "home" screen it freezes. Sometimes on a black screen and sometimes it will start to load the home screen and then freeze there. No matter how long I wait, once it freezes, the only way to get it back is to turn it off then on again. It does not matter how I access the home screen (i.e. by hitting the home button on the remote or clicking home through the quick menu across the bottom. This is also the only place that it freezes. I can access any of the applications fine from the quick menu bar at the bottom of the screen.

Anyone else experiencing issues like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thachaz View Post

I had that same issue.....I reset TV to factory settings and it hasn't done it ever since. I hope LG sends a firmware update to solve this issue. I hope this helps

I have had tv for two days and now am have this issue. yesterday, all was perfect. today , I cannot get home screen to show up..just a black screen. after this happens, the only buttons that work on magic remote are volume and power. only way to get back to regular tv viewing is to power off and back on. accessing the home screen from quick menu is same result. since it was fine yesterday, then I must have done something in settings that somehow conflicts with this particular operation.?? all home network connections are fine and I can access the internet using the quick menu internet app browser.

thechaz...you said resetting to factory settings fixed this problem for you.. did it ever reappear or is everything still working ok for you?
post #275 of 1011 Old 06-06-2012, 06:11 PM
gvc
Advanced Member

on a odd note.. I was able to access the service menu using my vizio remote !.. just playing around, I found out that my vizio remote worked for the new LG tv. I was testing to see what buttons worked properly . I pushed on the "-" (dash) button and a box popped up asking for password. from reading this forum I saw a few codes and tried "0413" and it worked. most seemed active and not greyed out but I'm not daring enough to go through all the options to figure things out since this is my first LG and I'm not familiar yet or comfortable enough to try anything that might screw things up for me at this point. just wanted to share the oddity that it was available using a vizio remote. I was surprised enough that the remote for my vizio worked at all for the LG
post #276 of 1011 Old 06-06-2012, 09:36 PM

Liked: 12
I have the 42LM6200 with the model code of 42LM6200-UE.AWLJR. Took a picture with digital camera of the screen, and then zoomed in to see individual pixels. Saw the IPS chevron configuration of an IPS panel
missingkeys likes this.
post #277 of 1011 Old 06-07-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bennett View Post

I have the 42LM6200 with the model code of 42LM6200-UE.AWLJR. Took a picture with digital camera of the screen, and then zoomed in to see individual pixels. Saw the IPS chevron configuration of an IPS panel

Thank you for your response.
post #278 of 1011 Old 06-07-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevenfrosts View Post

Code:

Are you on an android phone or apple? I've tried both apps on the android system and haven't been able to get it to work. Can you do a tutorial on how to get it to work? I'm pretty good with electronics but this one has me stumped. My tv is connected via ethernet, phone via wifi.
post #279 of 1011 Old 06-07-2012, 12:09 PM

The LG Magic remote app fore the iPhone is what I am using.
post #280 of 1011 Old 06-07-2012, 12:13 PM

As long as your phone is connected to the same wifi network. Wifi on your phone has to be enabled. The LG Magic app works via wifi that is shared with tv and phone. Interesting note the app cannot power on your tv.
post #281 of 1011 Old 06-07-2012, 02:00 PM
gvc
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc View Post

on a odd note.. I was able to access the service menu using my vizio remote !.. just playing around, I found out that my vizio remote worked for the new LG tv. I was testing to see what buttons worked properly . I pushed on the "-" (dash) button and a box popped up asking for password. from reading this forum I saw a few codes and tried "0413" and it worked. most seemed active and not greyed out but I'm not daring enough to go through all the options to figure things out since this is my first LG and I'm not familiar yet or comfortable enough to try anything that might screw things up for me at this point. just wanted to share the oddity that it was available using a vizio remote. I was surprised enough that the remote for my vizio worked at all for the LG

after further inspection, after getting into the service menu and then selecting a particular option, all adjustment parameters are greyed out with a code in a yellow box at the top. suppose there is some kind of method to activate the settings.
post #282 of 1011 Old 06-07-2012, 07:12 PM

Just ordered the 65" LM6200 from Newegg for $2499.00 with free deilvery if anyone is interested.
post #283 of 1011 Old 06-08-2012, 10:24 PM

Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the "Program Information" when using the built in tuner? I want to it to show ABC, NBC, FOX, etc, net to the channel number when I'm changing channels. Right now, all I see is the channel number and "No Program Information", which sux!

Thanks!
post #284 of 1011 Old 06-08-2012, 11:20 PM

AMAZON delivered my 55LM200 today.

I'm shocked to find out it does not have local dimming support. The page at Amazon clearly indicates that Local Dimming is on this TV. (And the first post in this thread also indicates that it has Local Dimming .)

I'm going to use it this weekend, but I'm leaning toward returning it because it's missing this feature. (I've PDF'd the Amazon page that says it has Local Dimming.)

It's certainly bigger than my Samsung 46" TV smile.gif
post #285 of 1011 Old 06-09-2012, 12:12 PM
gvc
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott70 View Post

I stand corrected. I thought I tried 0413 before but I did last night and I was able to get into the service menu. Not all options are greyed out but most are. I wonder if using a different code for this year's model would open that up or if it's a key press sequence or something? I would LOVE to be able to turn on THX and THX 3d. The THX settings seem to be very popular with the LW6500 owners. How frustrating!

I am trying to be able to activate AC3 dolby passthrough from hdmi to optical output from service menu like what I read on LW6500 forum but the LM6200 service menu doesnt show that particular menu option in its service menu. I think the lw6500 has ac3 menu listed between numbers 12 and 13.

post #286 of 1011 Old 06-09-2012, 01:25 PM

Does anyone know what's wrong with the LM6200's MLB.TV app? I've had the TV for over 2 months, and the app still isn't working. I've emailed LG without getting much of a response.

I bought the TV specifically for use with my subscription, so would like to know when mlb.tv will be active.
post #287 of 1011 Old 06-09-2012, 03:33 PM

Anyone noticing a blue/purple fringing around moving black or dark images like hair, clothing in scenes on the 65? If so, any way to eliminate it? I already have all of the edge enhancement features turned off.
post #288 of 1011 Old 06-09-2012, 10:18 PM

All the sellers just copied what LG stated on there web site originally. Like local dimming was a feature listed on the LM6200 series. The manual online never stated it had it, but LG origially did on the feature listing on their site. Even the demensions are wrong on almost every site. A few weeks after LG started shipping TV's they updated their Web site info but the stores have not updated there sites at all. The tv have been out for months now.
post #289 of 1011 Old 06-09-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:

from what I have read, this tv has a dolby digital decoder and the dolby signal should be passed through but my receiver does not confirm this. I am using this hdtv with Directv dvr. my old Vizio set received the dolby audio from the D* receiver and passed it through to my audio receiver (no hdmi connection) with an digital optical cable. The dolby indicator lit up on my receiver with the Vizio but does not using the LG set. I was reading on the 6500 thread that this dolby passthrough had to be activated in the service menu but the poster indicated it was on by default in the lm6200, but I'm not getting it. is there a particular audio setting on this set I need to look at?

I am having the same issue. My set up is all my devices are feed into a 4x2 HDMI matrix switch. 4 inputs and 2 outputs controlled independantly. One output goes to tv and the other goes to the 7.1 dolby reciever. This makes it easy for the non tech people of the house to use everything without turning on the surround equipment. When I have my 42LM6200 tv recieving a signal from the switcher, my reciever only gets dolby pro logic audio. No dolby digital at all. This means the tv cant receive or pass through a dolby digital signal. It is telling all the devices that dolby prologic is all it can receive. The only way to get dolby digital to work is to hook up my reciever to another hdmi input on the TV and choose that input on the TV. So the signal goes from the switcher to the receiver then the receiver decodes dolby digital audio and passes the video only to the tv. The 37LG60 had a SRS surround decoder biult in so it sent dolby digital to everything. These new tvs do not have a dolby surround decoder or they dont have the activated in the firmware. I didn't have to do this on my old LG TV a Scarlet series 37LG60 which i still think sometimes had a better picture than any of these new sets. Not as bright but an overall better picture, better true motion, better upscaling too bad they couldn't fix it. The Scarlet was LGs top of the line at the time. Got money to put towards the 42LM6200. Now about the firmware, there was talk a few weeks ago about new firmware being available at the end of May, now it is June, does anyone have an update on this. Waiting to have true motion controls on new tv.
post #290 of 1011 Old 06-10-2012, 09:08 AM
gvc
Advanced Member

Re: dolby digital passthru...I contacted LG email support and they emailed back stating they couldnt help me and to call the 800 number. havent done that yet. mabey when I do they'll walk me through a way to "activate" the dolby optical passthru in the service menu. nah..prob just wishful thinking on my part.

also still having issue getting a black screen or freezed home screen page when trying to access app page. (quick menu apps work fine but home page access locks up). again, email support passing the buck to phone support who will probably just tell me to do a factory reset which I probably should have done by now anyways to see if that does a permanent fix. I can get to a working home page maybe 1 out of 10 tries. maybe some sort of wireless interference causing disruption but if that was the case , wouldn't the whole magic remote not work at all for anything?
post #291 of 1011 Old 06-10-2012, 04:38 PM

Code:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandresting View Post

Just ordered the 65" LM6200 from Newegg for $2499.00 with free deilvery if anyone is interested.

Congrats, tell us your impression of 2D picture quality when it arrives.

Insert pithy comment here
post #292 of 1011 Old 06-11-2012, 03:45 AM

Hi, this is my first post here.
I need some advise from experts here.
I bought a LG47LM6200 last week from Fry's. I like the tv so far, but I believe it has some back-light bleed from edges, especially one form bottom left is the one bothering me most. This is my first led tv so I don't know if it's normal to have this much bleed on edge lit LED Tv's.
my questions are:
1. Does edge lit LED (or LM6200) always have some back light bleed?
2. Will amount of bleeding change over the time? get worse or better?
3. Is there any fix?
4. Should I return it and get a new one? (This is the most important question) I live about 20 miles away from the store.

this is pics of my tv, 1st one is back light set at 100, 2nd one is set at 70.

thank you
post #293 of 1011 Old 06-11-2012, 07:51 AM

Seems typical of most edge-lit models these days.. Does it bother you during normal viewing? Is backlight at 70 the preferred calibrated setting for your room or can you go lower?

Manufacturers are counting on the vast majority of buyers to just appreciate thin designs, critical evaluation of PQ be damned..

Insert pithy comment here
post #294 of 1011 Old 06-11-2012, 01:39 PM

it bothers me because I know its there and I look at it all the time. its only noticeable with a lot of dark scene. I haven't play much with the picture setting yet but may be I can go lower than 70. I'm no expert on PQ at all, so if anyone point me to a good starting point of calibration this TV would be great.
So you don't think its worth the trouble to go return this one? or may be just no yet till I try more setting?
post #295 of 1011 Old 06-11-2012, 07:11 PM

The one I got from Amazon, a 55" inch has the same type of backlighting that your shows. I think that's what you get with an edge lit LED.

It hasn't bothered me watching normal TV yet.
post #296 of 1011 Old 06-12-2012, 03:50 PM

Same type of backlighting with my 47LM6200, is this normal?
Previously i had a 42LW5700, and don't remember i´ve seen this in my old TV. (maybe because the LW5700 come with local dimming)
post #297 of 1011 Old 06-15-2012, 05:35 AM

I have the 42" LM6200. Is anyone having issues where the Guide doesn't show any data until manually cycling through all of the channels?
post #298 of 1011 Old 06-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

Quote:

That's interesting, I was able to use my old Vizio remote to do the same. I think in the past you had to change the Country Group Code to 04 before you could get into the other greyed out options. I tried doing it but I can't get the 02 to change to anything else even though it is highlighted.
post #299 of 1011 Old 06-15-2012, 09:04 PM

Yep mine looks like that too. I have to admit I find it disturbing. Comforted to know its not just me.
post #300 of 1011 Old 06-16-2012, 05:14 AM

I am really interested in getting the 65LM6200 and am wondering if anyone has been experiencing the 24p bug that everyone is complaining about in the 6700 and 7600? Any other general complaints about the 65 inch?

Cheers
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lg 65lm6200 65 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread