LG PASSIVE LM6200 dedicated thread... - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 1010 Old 07-02-2012, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was hoping that the re-boot issue would stop after the most recent firmware. But no, it started doing it again. LG will be sending someone out again (4th time now, but may only count as third time, as the replacement boards for the second call were DOA). 1st time replace two boards, 2nd time replace both but the TV would not start so they but the other boards back, 3rd time replace only the "Logic" board.
Also have a small problem with ARC in that I have to go into one of the apps (like Netflix) and the first time plays with no sound. Exit and try again and the ARC starts up fine. Minor problem but still a problem. Don't know it is the receiver or the TV, but I can live with it. Just can't live with a constant re-booting that seems to get more frequent with time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1010 Old 07-02-2012, 01:05 PM

Is this reboot problem a big issue that many people are experiencing? Does that have to do with a specific build date or is it happening across the board with all the build dates and screen sizes? Anyone can comment if their site is working fine with no reboot issues? I want to get the 65" version, but don't want to constantly have to get a tech person come out and check on issues.
post #363 of 1010 Old 07-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
I've never had my 65" restart randomly, I also don't have any ARC issues.
bhchan likes this.
post #364 of 1010 Old 07-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott70 View Post

Yes, I experienced random restarts with my 65LM6200 and I had HHGregg swap it out only to experience the same thing with the replacement. It's very intermittent, only once in a while. I haven't opened a service ticket with LG yet because I was waiting for a firmware update which came down yesterday. I have yet to have a random restart but if it continues I'll likely call LG. Keep us posted on your saga.

my tv is pretty much constantly on from 5pm to 12am daily and I have yet to experience a random restart. *knock on wood*

my directv remote seems to issue an 'power cycle' instead of 'power on' when I push the 'on' button though, which unfortunately means the tv does get accidentally turned off when we turn the dtv receiver on. we're slowly learning to push the 'pwr' button instead.

One Sub to rumble them all. One Sub to shake them. One Sub to humble them all, and in the darkness break them.
post #365 of 1010 Old 07-06-2012, 04:41 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
First post here on AVS! Waiting patiently this morning for my 65" 6200 to arrive. I feel like a little kid in a candy store. This baby is going up on the wall via Cheetah mount and Datacomm's chord organizer through the wall. I am sure I will have a plethora of questions since I am upgrading from my Sony SXRD 55" rear projection DLP. Can't wait to learn all this new technology!
post #366 of 1010 Old 07-06-2012, 06:17 AM

I have this set and love it. I dont think you can go wrong for the price. It does take a little setting up to get the picture the way you want it, but its well worth it.
post #367 of 1010 Old 07-06-2012, 09:07 AM
gvc
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I have my 65" for a little over a month now. was able to get Frys to price match Amazon $2349 price which was sweet but bought in store so I still had to pay the sales tax. nicest tv I've ever owned. still not perfect, but then again I dont think there is such a TV out there just yet. haven't had any reboot issues yet but getting into its home menu is still hit or miss for me but no big deal since I'm not really into all that app stuff anyway. still wishing I could change some settings in the service menu like getting the hdmi connections to pass through dolby through to the optical cable connection on the TV. it does pass through dolby on the internal TV cable coax connection, though.
post #368 of 1010 Old 07-07-2012, 11:53 AM

I am looking for the LG Magic Remote Application for Android. Currently this app is listed in Google Play but is not available for download in the US. Anyone know where I might get the APK file for this application.
post #369 of 1010 Old 07-08-2012, 04:33 PM

Just mounted up my new toy! 65" LM6200. Now the settings battle is on....
c6e4c99c-188f-728b.jpg
post #370 of 1010 Old 07-09-2012, 04:00 AM

Congrats! But it dosn't looks big in the photo.

I am considering to get at 65LM6200 too, but base on my finding, it is not an IPS panel, but the sales person told me it is.
post #371 of 1010 Old 07-10-2012, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf113 View Post

I am looking for the LG Magic Remote Application for Android. Currently this app is listed in Google Play but is not available for download in the US. Anyone know where I might get the APK file for this application.

Try using market enabler.
http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler/
The remote app works well most of it, except there is no on/off power.
post #372 of 1010 Old 07-11-2012, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siewsphone View Post

Congrats! But it dosn't looks big in the photo.

I am considering to get at 65LM6200 too, but base on my finding, it is not an IPS panel, but the sales person told me it is.
Yeah, picture doesn't do it justice at all. I think it maybe the angle I took it from and being 20 feet away. What's an IPS panel ?
post #373 of 1010 Old 07-11-2012, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibeta View Post

Ok, these settings seem to work well for shows with deep color...like some of the shows on SyFy, live action shows, etc.
Completely different from the Cinema setting which has a much warmer picture.
Backlight: 55
Contrast: 72
Brightness: 58
Color: 56
under Expert Control:
Dynamic Contrast: Medium
Color Gamut: BT709
Gamma: 2.2
under White Balance:
Color Temp: Medium
Method: 2pts
Pattern: Outer
under Picture Option:
Black Level: Low
All other values at zero except Trumotion...set to taste.
If you try these settings...try shows as mentioned and view from dead center. Does show significant color fade as angle of viewing widens.
the real cinema , super resolution, etc, and other options off too?
post #374 of 1010 Old 07-11-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa2000 View Post

I used these on my 65 LM6200 last night. Very good settings. I look forward to your additional tweaks. Please post when done.
Chris
yeah me too:)
post #375 of 1010 Old 07-11-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

the real cinema , super resolution, etc, and other options off too?

Yes, at the moment. I'm not really noticing much difference in the on/off position for some of these...like super resolution. Probably need to spend more time trying to figure out what some of those options are doing to the picture.
post #376 of 1010 Old 07-11-2012, 06:54 PM

I agree. Super resolution might be super phony
post #377 of 1010 Old 07-11-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibeta View Post

Yes, at the moment. I'm not really noticing much difference in the on/off position for some of these...like super resolution. Probably need to spend more time trying to figure out what some of those options are doing to the picture.
how about the Sharpness? 0 too? btw thanks for these settings they look good, hope you figure out the color settings.. for example in peoples skin(they are looking pale/washed out). mine is a 47 LM6200
post #378 of 1010 Old 07-11-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea_bird200 View Post

anyone care to share the picture setup with all of us ??? I just got my 47LM6200 today and need to tune the picture setting... Thanks
post #379 of 1010 Old 07-11-2012, 10:14 PM

Hi. I bought the 55LM6200 from Frys 2 weeks ago for $999 during a 1-day sale, including 12 pairs of glasses. It did take a bit to get used to, but now I love it. But, I'm still dialing in all the settings as there are a lot of them.

I don't know if I've messed something up or maybe it's a known issue, and I don't know the lingo to describe a problem I've noticed, so here it goes. When watching Family Guy via Hulu or Netflix, the image seems to "studder" or something when the characters move and walk. Especially on "Peter-assment" which is episode 14 on the 8th season, about half way thru when Peter has Quagmire in his shirt hiding. If somebody could watch that episode and confirm I'd appreciate it, and tell me how to fix it. The tv is wired-in to my network, not going wireless, so I don't think that's a solution. Thanks!

-Brady
post #380 of 1010 Old 07-12-2012, 12:13 AM

$999? Dammit, now that I want this TV the cheapest I can get it for is $1,349.

I came here to ask only one question. How is the 3D on the 55LM6200 compared to a UN50ST30? Oh and would getting the 7600 (240hz) help minimalize ghosting? I had heard higher refresh rates help is that true? I really just want to get the absolute best 3D quality I can, and if that means spending another $300 on the same size TV, so be it. The very first test I would run is Hugo, near the end, white on black in his tux, I get such terrible ghosting on my set it's like the ghosting is 6" apart. I'd be upgrading purely for 3D quality and 3D quality only.
post #381 of 1010 Old 07-12-2012, 11:47 AM

Yup. $999. The more I read, the more I realize how good a deal I got, new in box.

I would suggest you just go to the store and look at the tvs yourself. I don't know why anybody would buy a tv from a website such as Amazon without looking at it in person first, especially given the amount of money that's involved, and then complain of it somehow.

But still, my previous Family Guy and "shuddering" question remains.
post #382 of 1010 Old 07-12-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:

how about the Sharpness? 0 too? btw thanks for these settings they look good, hope you figure out the color settings.. for example in peoples skin(they are looking pale/washed out). mine is a 47 LM6200

I've got sharpness at zero. As to the color, I notice a wide variance in different channels and even shows on the same channel. As mentioned before, for me these settings produce very good color tones on shows like Lost Girl (SyFy channel) or live shows like American Idol, Duets, etc., especially when viewed directly head on. The color does wash out quickly, however, at anything other than dead head on. I have the second expert setting set up similarly but with a higher level of color for other shows that don't seem to have the same depth of color imagery. Between the two expert positions I think I've covered my bases. Of course, I've observed that some people seem to really enjoy the cinema type setting with the very warm color settings....they don't seem very real to me though and I much prefer the type of settings that I'm using currently. I'm still open to new ideas, however, as to how to improve the picture quality!
post #383 of 1010 Old 07-12-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradester View Post

Yup. $999. The more I read, the more I realize how good a deal I got, new in box.
I would suggest you just go to the store and look at the tvs yourself. I don't know why anybody would buy a tv from a website such as Amazon without looking at it in person first, especially given the amount of money that's involved, and then complain of it somehow.
But still, my previous Family Guy and "shuddering" question remains.

I'm selling my panny on craigslist now, I will just wait until I can get a deal on the 6200. I would prefer just to get the 120hz and save money. But I wonder if there is enough of an improvement in 3D quality with the 240hz? I would like this TV but I just gotta sell my old one first and be patient, which is hard for me.
post #384 of 1010 Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrowyn View Post

I'm selling my panny on craigslist now, I will just wait until I can get a deal on the 6200. I would prefer just to get the 120hz and save money. But I wonder if there is enough of an improvement in 3D quality with the 240hz? I would like this TV but I just gotta sell my old one first and be patient, which is hard for me.

Im pretty sure at some point your eye can only see so much, and not all content/devices are rated for 120 let alone 240.

So....my question from above still stands :-)
post #385 of 1010 Old 07-12-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:

Im pretty sure at some point your eye can only see so much, and not all content/devices are rated for 120 let alone 240.
So....my question from above still stands :-)

Which question? I was at Fry's and saw one of the LG passives but honestly I'm not sure which one. I can tell you I was not impressed. But it was a crappy demo that I think they were trying to stream via the wifi or something, and it was sooo slow it was skipping and hardly moving. So I'd hardly call that a real demo.
post #386 of 1010 Old 07-12-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrowyn View Post

Which question? I was at Fry's and saw one of the LG passives but honestly I'm not sure which one. I can tell you I was not impressed. But it was a crappy demo that I think they were trying to stream via the wifi or something, and it was sooo slow it was skipping and hardly moving. So I'd hardly call that a real demo.

Ah, my question was this:
Hi. I bought the 55LM6200 from Frys 2 weeks ago for $999 during a 1-day sale, including 12 pairs of glasses. It did take a bit to get used to, but now I love it. But, I'm still dialing in all the settings as there are a lot of them.

I don't know if I've messed something up or maybe it's a known issue, and I don't know the lingo to describe a problem I've noticed, so here it goes. When watching Family Guy via Hulu or Netflix, the image seems to "studder" or something when the characters move and walk. Especially on "Peter-assment" which is episode 14 on the 8th season, about half way thru when Peter has Quagmire in his shirt hiding. If somebody could watch that episode and confirm I'd appreciate it, and tell me how to fix it. The tv is wired-in to my network, not going wireless, so I don't think that's a solution. Thanks!

-Brady
post #387 of 1010 Old 07-12-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:

Ah, my question was this:
-Brady
me too i had that studdering problem in a Family Guy episode yesterday but it was on TBS HD, in a scene in a restaurant......
post #388 of 1010 Old 07-13-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:

me too i had that studdering problem in a Family Guy episode yesterday but it was on TBS HD, in a scene in a restaurant......

I think studdering can be a result of the setting for Smooth, Clear, Clear High...the higher the setting the more stutter you can encounter I believe. I have fiddled with the settings on user setting here and did not notice much of an improvement on shows that do alot of panning (left to right or vice versa). TBS and TNT with shows like Law and Order are especially bad. I think it is a combination of the source feed and the ability of the tv to combat the choppiness when panning.

Also, I did notice that the face tones appear more true to life when color is on Cool setting as opposed to Warm. On warm, they seem to wash out a bit more.

C
post #389 of 1010 Old 07-13-2012, 02:45 PM

I got my hands on an LG Service Remote. Accessed EZ-Adjust entered 0413 passcode but all the "Tool" options are greyed out.

Is there some thing else I am suppose to do?
post #390 of 1010 Old 07-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf113 View Post

I got my hands on an LG Service Remote. Accessed EZ-Adjust entered 0413 passcode but all the "Tool" options are greyed out.

Is there some thing else I am suppose to do?
That's all the farther I've been able to get as well. I think we're stuck with a locked version, unless there is another code that would enable different features.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lg 65lm6200 65 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page