LG PASSIVE LM6200 dedicated thread... - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 1011 Old 08-18-2012, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got the TV, everything looks to work great. Having one issue though. I'm trying to play a 1280x720p mkv file from my usb stick. For some reason the audio plays fine, but the picture doesn't move. It's an anime with substitles (not sure if that makes a difference).

Anyone know the reason why this might be the case?

Also anyone have a good source, that shows how you can play 3D movies from your PC or play them through from an external hdd?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1011 Old 08-18-2012, 07:15 PM

Hello forum, I just joined and planning to buy one of those tv, 65lw6500 or 65lm6200 and still cant decide which one to get. By looking at the amazon stats it seems like 6500 is better/faster or am I mistaken ?

6500 is dual core vs 6200 is not?

post #543 of 1011 Old 08-20-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickoshay View Post

Just signed up to post in this thread.
I picked up a 42LM6200 today and overall I'm quite pleased. It's going to be used mainly for gaming, and the HDMI inputs with Game mode on have very low lag which I enjoy. Problem is that doesn't extend to the component inputs. With the Wii I'm getting some awful lag (80 to 100 ms) that I measured with humanbenchmark.com against HDMI devices and my laptop. This persists even with Game Mode on for the component inputs. Is this a known issue or is there something I'm not doing right?
The passive 3D is impressive but there's some rather horrible streakiness in FPS titles when turning fast. Haven't got any 3D movies to try, and I suspect it would be a lot better with third person games; I'll try it out and post again.
But yeah, if I can't get the Component inputs de-lagged I might have to return it frown.gif

Hi,

I use component when playing my 360 (as I spent $50 dollars for the cables 3 years ago and can't justify not using it, not yet anyway). Anyway, I have experienced no input lag using the component input. I play a wide variety of games where lag would be an issue, such as NHL 12, FPS's, Skyrim, etc. Have you tried using the physical buttons on the WiiMote to see if their responses lag? The only reason I ask is that I wonder if there is an issue with the motion controls itself and maybe the WiiMote needs to be calibrated. The only other thing I can suggest is to turn off all of the bells and whistles (the ones that can be used with component) and try again. Good luck!
post #544 of 1011 Old 08-22-2012, 05:26 PM

It is really ridiculous that this tv does not include the headphone jack or a 3.5 for additional RCA output. since it only brings the optical cable, and that at night I have no choice but to turn up the volume on the tv and my family disturb other sleeping at that hour.
1 - Does anyone already tried taking some input as output rca?
2 - Is it possible to modify it by entering the service mode? (which I could never go because I do not have the universal remote that indicate, only very old universal control).
In some places sell optical converter to analog rca but is very expensive, and I feel it does not justify the price.
3 - Is it possible to run on port usb to usb adapter jack 3.5? (which deals in some cell

If anyone can answer some of my questions would greatly appreciate it.
Regards
post #545 of 1011 Old 08-24-2012, 07:28 AM

I have just purchased the 55lm6200. At first the tv seemed to be working very well and was very pleased with my purchase. However after further exploring I have found a few issiues I was hoping some one could help with.

1. The main issiue here would be calibrating the tv. I noticed no matter what settings I use the blacks are horrible. For example a black jacket or a persons black hair will be almost all black (cannot see any detail in black objects). My main question is - Is this correctable? After using disney wow disc will this be fixed. I have used Heavytoka's settings and they seem to make things ok but the picture looks redish/yellowish to me. I do realise every tv is different and 47'' will be different from 55''.

2. When veiwing a blank screen (black) there are lighter edges around the tv. My older 42'' lg lcd had this same issiue but not nearly as bad. When watching tv or movies I have not experianced any default in the PQ as of yet. Is this normal?

3. At first my wireless was working just fine. The next day the tv still recognises my wireless internet but gets stuck trying to connect. Anybody experiance this problem? Not a huge concern at the moment because I am now using a wired connection. I am sure I will have this figured out with further research.

4. It seems that when I use the Netflix app my PQ changes. I still get the SOE even after turning trumotion off ect ect. When i use netflix on my PS3 with the same setting things seem to be better but run into issiue 1 very drastically.

Thank You!
post #546 of 1011 Old 08-24-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkohol View Post

I have just purchased the 55lm6200. At first the tv seemed to be working very well and was very pleased with my purchase. However after further exploring I have found a few issiues I was hoping some one could help with.
1. The main issiue here would be calibrating the tv. I noticed no matter what settings I use the blacks are horrible. For example a black jacket or a persons black hair will be almost all black (cannot see any detail in black objects). My main question is - Is this correctable? After using disney wow disc will this be fixed. I have used Heavytoka's settings and they seem to make things ok but the picture looks redish/yellowish to me. I do realise every tv is different and 47'' will be different from 55''.
2. When veiwing a blank screen (black) there are lighter edges around the tv. My older 42'' lg lcd had this same issiue but not nearly as bad. When watching tv or movies I have not experianced any default in the PQ as of yet. Is this normal?
3. At first my wireless was working just fine. The next day the tv still recognises my wireless internet but gets stuck trying to connect. Anybody experiance this problem? Not a huge concern at the moment because I am now using a wired connection. I am sure I will have this figured out with further research.
4. It seems that when I use the Netflix app my PQ changes. I still get the SOE even after turning trumotion off ect ect. When i use netflix on my PS3 with the same setting things seem to be better but run into issiue 1 very drastically.
Thank You!

There are other settings that have been posted throughout the thread....you might care to try some of those to see if they resolve your issue with black levels. I spent a lot of time adjusting settings and have gotten a very good picture as a result without the black level problems that you have seen and without the very warm red/yellow hues that some settings produce.
post #547 of 1011 Old 08-24-2012, 02:01 PM

Does anyone else experiance the lighter areas around the edge of the tv during blank screens or when there is no picture being produced? is this normal? For example when you first turn the tv on. I experianced this on other tvs but it never affected the PQ. Just looks worse on a bigger screen. Sorry for the dumb question. Just curious.
post #548 of 1011 Old 08-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:

Does anyone else experiance the lighter areas around the edge of the tv during blank screens or when there is no picture being produced? is this normal? For example when you first turn the tv on. I experianced this on other tvs but it never affected the PQ. Just looks worse on a bigger screen. Sorry for the dumb question. Just curious.

I'm sure it's normal if your set is edge-lit.
post #549 of 1011 Old 08-24-2012, 06:53 PM

Well I just cancelled order from eastcoast tvs and ordered from amazon warehouse deals. Will post the details on how many scratches and stuff it has. Also, Elkohol as I read you can get a lil loose screws from the back in the areas where you have lighter areas, also I hread that you can rub those areas with a cloth which make is better,

Qyestion 7600 is edge led, but 8600 is led+, whats the freaking difference ?
post #550 of 1011 Old 08-24-2012, 07:48 PM

Anyone here notice their tv speakers popping when there's a large amount of base?
post #551 of 1011 Old 08-25-2012, 08:46 AM

Seems after the last software upgrade finding when changing channels takes a couple of seconds before the audio starts. Wondering if others finding the same?

42LM6200 software:04.02.85
post #552 of 1011 Old 08-25-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by battousai10k View Post

Anyone here notice their tv speakers popping when there's a large amount of base?

I do. I have noticed it on two of the three sets that I have had. I think it's just poor speaker quality. At first it really bothered me, but I just tune it out now. Hoping to get a surround system in the near future.
post #553 of 1011 Old 08-26-2012, 02:40 AM

Hi,

Can someone help me take a photo of the Ethernet port? I accidentally pull it off from the tv and now having problem to put it back.

Thanks in advance.
post #554 of 1011 Old 08-26-2012, 11:49 AM

@Arck did you change your sound settings at all to help reduce the sound vibration issue?
post #555 of 1011 Old 08-26-2012, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Thank You!

Changing the Gamma setting will enable you to see detail in blacks while still retaining a fairly black image. But it does lighten blacks a bit. You'll find it in the menu. You will see the changes in the screen (pause a scene where you want to see more detail) while you change the numerical value.

Shelly

Farewell Voom. Farewell Directv. Farewell Bell Express Vu. Farewell Dish.
Had 6 dishes, now none.
Back to Comcast. Farewell Comcast, now back to Dish 120+HD. Farewell Dish.

Returned to Comcast 06/2012.

Back in the early days, there were just HD demo loops, no programming. Now HD 3D, amazing!

post #556 of 1011 Old 08-27-2012, 05:20 PM

hello now i feel INPUTLAGG playing on PC FPS games like BF3 CODs i put the hdmi to game and the visual settings to game but

compare to my monitor http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-E2260V-PN-led-monitor

and this benchmark http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/index.php

the lag is obvious

and i still cant use in pc with the screen resolution of 1920x1080p 120HZ
post #557 of 1011 Old 08-28-2012, 11:54 AM
gvc
Advanced Member

Just curious as to what others are using for 3D settings when using the 2D to 3D option.. depth/viewpoint values on manual mode.... or just use one the presets (cinema, sport, etc?)
post #558 of 1011 Old 08-28-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post

Changing the Gamma setting will enable you to see detail in blacks while still retaining a fairly black image. But it does lighten blacks a bit. You'll find it in the menu. You will see the changes in the screen (pause a scene where you want to see more detail) while you change the numerical value.
Shelly

I'm sorry but no matter what i do the blacks on this tv are just terrible. I am seriously thinking about returning it. Am i the only one having this issue? black hair, jackets, shadows, anything that is black is just solid black. no definition to any darker images. its pathetic really. im going to try the dve hd basics blu ray and see if this helps but if not this tv is garbage. not only do the blacks suck but the motion blur on lg tvs is just stupid. very aggrivating after spending this ind of money on a 2012 model. gee
post #559 of 1011 Old 08-28-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry but no matter what i do the blacks on this tv are just terrible. I am seriously thinking about returning it. Am i the only one having this issue? black hair, jackets, shadows, anything that is black is just solid black. no definition to any darker images. its pathetic really. im going to try the dve hd basics blu ray and see if this helps but if not this tv is garbage. not only do the blacks suck but the motion blur on lg tvs is just stupid. very aggrivating after spending this ind of money on a 2012 model. gee

after further review i think i might be to picky. looking at the same images on my comp moniter i notice the same black level issue. maybe im just to picky. maybe i was born for plasma.....
post #560 of 1011 Old 08-29-2012, 11:32 AM

Hey folks, bit the bullet and bought the 47 inch last night. So far, really great and a good upgrade from my 3 year old 40 inch Samsung.

I primarily use the TV to watch contents from my HTPC which runs Windows 7. I've noticed that almost immediately that a lot of the TV picture and advanced settings are greyed out if the HTPC is giving signals of a standard 60hz.

If I force a lower referesh rate in Windows (for example, 30hz) almost all the picture settings are then allowed to be changed. I'm not an expert on this but I'm wondering why this is the case? One thing that prompted me to figure this out eventually was that the manual stated that TruMotion may not work if the source is 60hz... which is why I tried a lower refresh rate setting in Windows.

So maybe to better understand, personally, on what's going on:

1. Am I missing out on anything (other than not being able to change advanced settings) by forcing a lower fresh rate than 60hz in Windows?
2. Seems lower refresh rate causes a rather annoying input lag on the HTPC (mouse movements are draggy). Is this something I'm gonna have to live with? Actual videos are displaying nice (and that's what counts), just the input lag is a tad annoying.
post #561 of 1011 Old 08-29-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:

after further review i think i might be to picky. looking at the same images on my comp moniter i notice the same black level issue. maybe im just to picky. maybe i was born for plasma.....

I found that the blacks on this set are far better than the blacks were on the rear projection LCD that it replaced. That said, I think plasma probably does have an overall superior picture. Nonetheless, I'm well pleased with the picture on the LG. Either your set is defective or you haven't appropriately adjusted your settings....the blacks should not be nearly as bad as you describe.
post #562 of 1011 Old 08-29-2012, 03:17 PM

HeavyTonka posted these settings a few pages back and they saved the set for me. They make a huge difference in flesh tones and overall color tone!

Picture Menu:
Energy Saving: Off
Picture Mode: Expert 1
Backlight: 35 in a pitch black room (adjust to your needs)
Contrast: 88
Brightness: 52
H Sharpness: 0
V Sharpness: 0
Color: 50
Tint: 0
Aspect Ratio: Just Scan

Expert Control Menu:
Dynamic contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Black level: Low
Color Gamut: BT709
Edge Enhancer: Off
Color Filter: Off
Expert Pattern: Off [Grayed Out]
Gamma: 2.2

White Balance Menu:
Color Temperature: Warm
Method: 2-points
Pattern: Outer
Red: 24
Green: 35
Blue: 40

Color Management System Menu:
Red: Saturation 3. Tint 20, Luminance 0
Green: Saturation -10. Tint 0, Luminance 13
Blue: Saturation 1. Tint 0, Luminance 20
Cyan: Saturation 0. Tint 0, Luminance 0
Magenta: Saturation -5. Tint 0, Luminance 10
Yellow: Saturation -10. Tint 0, Luminance 0

Picture Option Menu
Noise reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Eye Care: Off [Grayed Out]
TruMotion: Off
Dynamic Contrast: OFF
Super Resolution: OFF
Real Cinema: On
post #563 of 1011 Old 08-29-2012, 09:20 PM

Do you use the same settings on your blu ray player (ps3) as you do on your cable tv? I just noticed when looking at my tv from the side. its bent ever so slightly. thought it might be an illusion but i got out a level and sure enough it is bent... Is anyone elses the same? should i return? I also dont know why poeple use warm color temp. makes whites look yellow and red to me. cool seems to have truer whites
post #564 of 1011 Old 09-01-2012, 08:26 AM

I used an AVSHD 709 calibration disk to calibrate my 47LM6200..i tried to make the colors,contrast and brightness as good as possible..i know that Heavytoka has posted an excellent spec ,but the whites are kind of too warm for me..If some one feel like me try my specs and let me know how you liked it..

Picture Menu:
Energy Saving: Off
Picture Mode: Expert 1
Backlight: 50 (reduce it more if you are watching in a dark environment)
Contrast: 92
Brightness: 51
H Sharpness: 0
V Sharpness: 0
Color: 47
Tint: 0
Aspect Ratio: Just Scan

Expert Control Menu:
Dynamic contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Color Gamut: BT709
Edge Enhancer: Off
Color Filter: Off
Expert Pattern: Off [Grayed Out]
Gamma: 2.2

White Balance Menu:
Color Temperature: Warm
Method: 2-points
Pattern: Outer
Red: -15
Green: 40
Blue: 50

Color Management System Menu:(Saturation, Tint , Luminance)
Red: (3,24,0)
Green: (2,0,1)
Blue: (2,0,3)
Cyan: (1,0,1)
Magenta:(2,0,2)
Yellow: (0,0,0)

Picture Option Menu
Noise reduction: Off(Auto for the antenna-as my cable is bad)
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black level: Low
Eye Care: Off [Grayed Out]
TruMotion: Off(user-4 for cable,coz it kinds of make my bad cable look better, don't know why)
Real Cinema: On
Juanpcc likes this.
post #565 of 1011 Old 09-01-2012, 02:25 PM

just upgraded with new firmware and now the option to adjust true motion is gone anyone know whats up with that ?
post #566 of 1011 Old 09-01-2012, 07:50 PM

Hi guys, is there anyway to turn Trumotion off while watching Youtube videos? Please let me know! I like watching Youtube videos on it but I dont like the Soap Opera effect frown.gif

Edit: Nevermind, if you are having the same problem, just press "My apps" on the remote, and it will let you change the video settings, thanks for the help though smile.gif
post #567 of 1011 Old 09-02-2012, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocker24 View Post

just upgraded with new firmware and now the option to adjust true motion is gone anyone know whats up with that ?

That is weird. I hope this is not a permanent thing since I finally pulled the trigger on the 65LM6200 from Amazon. Price has dropped to $2274 shipped (plus no tax). Will be getting it in about a week.

I'd like to have control over the adjustments. Anyone else seeing similar thing? Is there a way to not update to latest firmware once I get my set?
post #568 of 1011 Old 09-04-2012, 11:55 AM

When watching a 3D movie on this tv, the image tends to refocused itself. why is that? I tested this with transformer dark of the moon blu ray.
post #569 of 1011 Old 09-04-2012, 01:55 PM

This is a great thread. We are interested in getting the 65LM6200 for a general purpose tv. We do a lot of gaming with Wii and ps3. Some are complaining about lag issues with wii games. I also noticed that wii looks terrible on a friends 5 yr old Sony LCD. Currently we have a ten year old 65 inch rear projection and the games look and play great, would hate to sacrifice gaming quality.

We are interested in how well this lg tv works with wii both in picture quality and lag issues. Same question for ps3,

Also, there is a video review on dailymotion where an "expert" named Robert claims that the colors on this lg model are not accurate. Is this a problem that a firmware update can fix? I have not seen any other reviewers make similar comments so that makes Roberts comments suspect to me. Can anyone comment on the color accuracy issue? They claim the tv was color tested with calibration tools.
post #570 of 1011 Old 09-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFx2 View Post

When watching a 3D movie on this tv, the image tends to refocused itself. why is that? I tested this with transformer dark of the moon blu ray.
I've noticed this and several others have reported it as well. It happened fairly frequently when I was watching the Avengers Blu-Ray, but also with certain SBS mkv files. I've adjusted my 3D settings but the problem persists. Hopefully an update will cure it in the future.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lg 65lm6200 65 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page