post #721 of 1011 Old 11-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFx2 View Post

When watching a 3D movie on this tv, the image tends to refocused itself. why is that? I tested this with transformer dark of the moon blu ray.
As far as I can tell this still hasn't been resolved. It's pretty distracting and regularly causes you to have to refocus. This was happening a lot on the Creature from the Black Lagoon disc I viewed last night. It also happens with other sources.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1011 Old 11-16-2012, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is the overall verdict on the 65 LM6200? I am looking to get a 65" LED and after doing some research it seems the LG is a good unit, but I read through a lot of posts here and it seems many of you have complaints about the TV.

Would you still recommend it? Is there something else you wish you had bought?

I was originally hesitant that the TV was only 120 Hz. I enjoy watching sport. Do you think anything is diminished with the TV only being 120?

Thanks for the feedback.
post #723 of 1011 Old 11-16-2012, 09:30 AM

I would recommend it if the price is very good. Black Friday is near after all. It would be a shame to pay a lot for a TV right before Black Friday, Superbowl clearance not too far away, and models refresh fairly soon.

It sounds like you probably would want to try and get 240hz or a Plasma though, since you mentioned sports. I'm sure you know that 240hz contributes to artificial soap opera effect. Personally I have no use for it whatsoever, and wouldn't pay a very large premium for it even if I did watch more sports. I would probably just go with a Plasma in that case. It should be slightly better for sports in the first place, plus then you wouldn't have to toggle TrueMotion on and off depending on content.

Variable analog audio out or a headphone jack would've been nice, but most manufacturers seem to be dumping analog audio outputs.

I would recommend that if you do get one of these Magic Remote TVs, order a standard AKB73615313 remote with it. It's cheap, I like it much more than the "Magic Remote" (which costs like $80 to replace), and you can use it to easily program other learning remotes. I view the Magic Remote as one of few cons, but you can basically eliminate that con for ~$20. I got mine from searspartsdirect.com

Most of the other details like PQ are covered very thoroughly elsewhere; that's all I could really think to add that hasn't already been covered in detail. I don't wish I'd have gotten another. I think the secret to being satisfied is to remember that no TV is perfect - all popular models each seem to have their own relatively minor cons.
post #724 of 1011 Old 11-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrayreef View Post

What is the overall verdict on the 65 LM6200? I am looking to get a 65" LED and after doing some research it seems the LG is a good unit, but I read through a lot of posts here and it seems many of you have complaints about the TV.
Would you still recommend it? Is there something else you wish you had bought?
I was originally hesitant that the TV was only 120 Hz. I enjoy watching sport. Do you think anything is diminished with the TV only being 120?
Thanks for the feedback.
If I had to do it over, I'd buy the Panasonic P65GT50, maybe even spring for the VT50. That said, I can live with the LG and have learned to appreciate its passive 3D. There is also some debate regarding the 120 Hz panel actually being only 60 Hz (per HDGuru).
post #725 of 1011 Old 11-16-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydesix View Post

Quick question hopefully you guys and gals can help me with my 47lm6200, I get these white lines on my screen sporadically, but only when watching 3d bluray. I've tried different hdmi cables, a different bluray player, different movies and I've also tried bypassing my receiver and plugging the player straight into the TV. The lines show up at different times throughout the movies and if you rewind they aren't there when you hit play. I've included a picture, thanks in advance Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Hey jaydesix, did you ever find out what was causing this issue with your Lm6200? I've been experiencing the same issue...intermittent horizontal lines that flash 8-10 times throughout a blu ray 3d film, lasts for about a second when it happens and only with Blu ray 3D playback. Tried different Hdmi cables, a PS3 player, a panosonic blu ray 3D player, turned off all special processes and it still happens everytime. LG sent a repair guy out several times- he replaced the main board and then a second time to replace the whole panel inside the Tv. Nothing solves the problem.

At this point LG is at a loss and is prepared to offer me a refund because they no longer have tthe 65 LM6200 in stock for an exchange. Thing is I love the TV and 2d playback is great so I hate parting with the TV. Was hoping maybe you've discovered a solution to the problem?
post #726 of 1011 Old 11-18-2012, 04:30 AM

Liked: 11
hi im a pc gamer but i have and 22 inch monitor and LG E2260 (by the way i love it), and when i want to play in my TV LG 32lm6200 i notice some lagg.
SO i have a question anyone know what is the LG LM6200 response time like 5ms 8ms ???
and if u know thanks u for telling me
i have inputlagg using game video settings, because i dont use consoles so i dont play with controller, i use mouse and keyboard, and i play games like
BF3 COD alot of FPS
post #727 of 1011 Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 AM

Hi Guys,

just got this tv and like the passive 3d. I have set up the calibration from a post a few pages back but my main concern is motion blur that i am seeing, how can i reduce/elminate it? that is the only thing that is bothering me with this tv.

thanks,
post #728 of 1011 Old 11-19-2012, 10:04 AM

Okay so after 2 months of Hunting and researching , It has come down to 3 models , the 6200 , 6400 , 6700. , probably a 47 or 55'' if im lucky for the Bfriday sales in canada.

Now what is the difference between those 3 i cant seem to get it

thanks.

a future LG Passive 3d Owner smile.gif
post #729 of 1011 Old 11-22-2012, 12:10 AM

55LM6200 user here..........

I also have a wiimote lag problem which I can't seem to accept. Tried adjusting the settings, changed the batteries, to no avail. Upon delivery, I used component video input and then tried usual AV input, but still no change in the lag. I called LG customer service, apparently he has not heard of this complaint from other customers. If anyone out there has a solution, please reply.....

For those playing video games using XBOX or PS3 with HDMI attachment, has anyone experienced a remote lag? I will have the Wii U in the coming months.

Lastly, may I ask where your units were made? Mine is Made in Taiwan.
post #730 of 1011 Old 11-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

I noticed lag for the first time on my 65" when using Kinect for the first time. It isn't horrendous, but it is present.
post #731 of 1011 Old 11-22-2012, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavytoka View Post

Take a look at my settings, the link is below.
which are your 3d settings? and game mode settings?
post #732 of 1011 Old 11-22-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemogoblin View Post

Does anyone know how I can get a quick 'night' settings or low brightness setting? Looking to not alter any of my settings, but lowering the brightness as much as I can when watching at night.
And the audio output DOES transmit DTS and Dolby D to my receiver via HDMI. I had to change settings in my PS3 and Xbox 360, but now they both transmit surround via the digital out from the lm6200.
in my PS3 i cant get it DTS only Dolby, which are your PS3 settings?
post #733 of 1011 Old 11-23-2012, 10:11 PM

Hey everybody! I just bought a 47lm6200 on amazon during one of its lightning deals. Costed me 664 with $15 shipping. Anyway, I don't have a bluray player yet but I do have some downloaded hd video on my laptop. Although a PDF user's manual lists divx as being a supported format, I can't seem to find any full list. Would anyone tell me what kind of video formats that this tv can play using a flash drive? Also, does it look good being played through USB? I could also plug in my computer through VGAs but I don't know how that would work as far as being able to watch HD or 3d content... I guess if you guys tell me that USB and VGA are ****** ideas then I will probably have to figure out some alternative. Thanks!
PS is my tv going to restart by itself because I've just spent the last hour reading through this entire thread and it sort of worries me! although, I guess of all the problems to have that one isn't as bad as the unit just not working at all lol
post #734 of 1011 Old 11-25-2012, 07:17 PM

I recently bought a 65 LM6200. Overall happy with the TV. Question is if I connect internet to my receiver through an ethernet cable and then use a HDMI ethernet cable to the TV, will that give my TV a wired connection? Or does it not work that way?
post #735 of 1011 Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 AM

Good morning, folks. An update and a question on my issue. After watching other TVs I recently came to the conclusion that the banding on my 47LM6200 is worse than most when it shows up. Video games are the worse as looking left to right in the third person and first person shooters creates that wonderful pan and Dirty Screen Effect. Out of curiosity I contacted LG support mentioned the issue as Banding and DSE and told them it was on all of my connections and without hesitation she placed a service appointment at a place nearby to come and take care of it. I don't know how well trained the support staff is, but she made it sound like I shouldn't be seeing this at all. Very friendly, though.

The guy they called just left and here's where my question comes in. I told him the issue, I showed him the issue, and he nodded his head in recognition. He said what many of you have said and that is the LED tvs have this problem a lot. Now here's the kicker. When I mentioned that I was looking this stuff up on line, he asked me what they said about it. I told him that I read it 'could' be a panel issue affecting some batches of tvs. Immediately, he said, "Let's change the panel," ordered the part, and was on his way. I'm under warranty so this doesn't cost a dime to me, but I was surprised that it seemed like he was going with my solution (the guy who Googled some stuff) rather than make it sound like it was his own (the guy that fixes tvs for a living). He basically said changing it out would at least give me peace of mind, but that's not what I was looking for. I want a tv that works properly. So the question is: Has anyone here ever sought to fix a more severe banding problem on there tv with a panel switch and did it work to make the picture better? Right now I don't if he's doing it for the hell of it (because I said so) or if this is a step towards fixing the problem.

I've always appreciated the feedback on here. Thanks!
post #736 of 1011 Old 11-28-2012, 08:47 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangonate View Post

Good morning, folks. An update and a question on my issue. After watching other TVs I recently came to the conclusion that the banding on my 47LM6200 is worse than most when it shows up. Video games are the worse as looking left to right in the third person and first person shooters creates that wonderful pan and Dirty Screen Effect. Out of curiosity I contacted LG support mentioned the issue as Banding and DSE and told them it was on all of my connections and without hesitation she placed a service appointment at a place nearby to come and take care of it. I don't know how well trained the support staff is, but she made it sound like I shouldn't be seeing this at all. Very friendly, though.
The guy they called just left and here's where my question comes in. I told him the issue, I showed him the issue, and he nodded his head in recognition. He said what many of you have said and that is the LED tvs have this problem a lot. Now here's the kicker. When I mentioned that I was looking this stuff up on line, he asked me what they said about it. I told him that I read it 'could' be a panel issue affecting some batches of tvs. Immediately, he said, "Let's change the panel," ordered the part, and was on his way. I'm under warranty so this doesn't cost a dime to me, but I was surprised that it seemed like he was going with my solution (the guy who Googled some stuff) rather than make it sound like it was his own (the guy that fixes tvs for a living). He basically said changing it out would at least give me peace of mind, but that's not what I was looking for. I want a tv that works properly. So the question is: Has anyone here ever sought to fix a more severe banding problem on there tv with a panel switch and did it work to make the picture better? Right now I don't if he's doing it for the hell of it (because I said so) or if this is a step towards fixing the problem.
I've always appreciated the feedback on here. Thanks!

I haven't had any of the issues you described and have the same set as you, that being said I did have banding issues on a Sony set and having them replace the panel did alleviate the issue to the point where I had to really look for banding to notice it.

post #737 of 1011 Old 11-29-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:

I haven't had any of the issues you described and have the same set as you, that being said I did have banding issues on a Sony set and having them replace the panel did alleviate the issue to the point where I had to really look for banding to notice it.
I never really understood in games settings, you said you use the Expert 1 to play games? or in Game mode to input the values in E1 to Game? and for 3d movies just add 5 to the backlight 35 + 5?

thanks in advance smile.gif
post #738 of 1011 Old 11-29-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

I never really understood in games settings, you said you use the Expert 1 to play games? or in Game mode to input the values in E1 to Game? and for 3d movies just add 5 to the backlight 35 + 5?
thanks in advance smile.gif

I play games on my PS3 using Expert 1, but if I'm using my computer to play games I use Game Mode with the Expert setting inputted where available. As for 3D I do increase my backlight by +5 to balance out the tinting of the glasses, but depending on your viewing room you may need to increase it more. My set is in a light controlled room with no windows for reference.

post #739 of 1011 Old 11-29-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:

I play games on my PS3 using Expert 1, but if I'm using my computer to play games I use Game Mode with the Expert setting inputted where available. As for 3D I do increase my backlight by +5 to balance out the tinting of the glasses, but depending on your viewing room you may need to increase it more. My set is in a light controlled room with no windows for reference.
did you labeled the inputs? I have a PS3 too, any settings I need to change like RGB full or limited, etc? and for sound I have an optic cable from the tv to a home theatre, and I have a cable DVR..
post #740 of 1011 Old 11-29-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:

did you labeled the inputs? I have a PS3 too, any settings I need to change like RGB full or limited, etc? and for sound I have an optic cable from the tv to a home theatre, and I have a cable DVR..

RGB to Limited or it will crush blacks and Super white On. I run everything through my receiver except for my computer so I'm only using two inputs on the Tv. HDMI 1 for all A/V connected to the receiver and HDMI 2 is my computer.
Juanpcc likes this.

post #741 of 1011 Old 11-29-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:

RGB to Limited or it will crush blacks and Super white On. I run everything through my receiver except for my computer so I'm only using two inputs on the Tv. HDMI 1 for all A/V connected to the receiver and HDMI 2 is my computer.
I tried playing Skyrim with your Expert 1 , got a little lag, then in game mode and with those values, and seems ok, but with both I get audio lag, do you have the AV sync on?
post #742 of 1011 Old 11-30-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:

in my PS3 i cant get it DTS only Dolby, which are your PS3 settings?

I dont remember exactly, but you just go into the PS3 and change the audio settings. It was much easier in PS3 than 360. When I get home ill check them again.
post #743 of 1011 Old 11-30-2012, 03:39 PM

I just purchased de 42 version, and almost instantly noted de SOAP effect the tearing and artifacs on image, then i connect my laptop with HDMI, and the LAG was HUGE.
I just rename my HDMI imput to PC or NOTEBOOK, change mi image settings to Game and made some ajust and keep almost all option off, and everything work flawless.
post #744 of 1011 Old 12-03-2012, 03:06 PM

Hey

I've had my 47 LM6200 since June and went through all the Trumotion Firmware update nightmares. Recently it seems that ( maybe since the last update) there is something going on with the Trumotion. Basically I like the soap opera effect and was wondering if someone could point me to some settings or adjustments that I can try that allow for the best picture and still get the soap opera effect. I can mess with the settings myself for ever but I dont really know what each one does. I basically watch hd cable tv, play xbox and ps3 and watch movies off of my hard drive. SO, if anyone could offer up some example settings and adjustments I could try I would be extremely grateful! Thank You!!
post #745 of 1011 Old 12-05-2012, 06:08 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello folks,

I just got a 65LM6200. Love the picture and the features. Two questions:

* What do you think about the Magic Remote? I am not a fan. Is there any more traditional substitute remote available? Biggest problem with the Magic Remote is that the arrow on the screen often disappears for 10 seconds or more. Any fix for that?

* The web browser also has issues. Is there any way to add a pop-up blocker? Or to substitute Google Chrome or another browser?

Thanks,
b
post #746 of 1011 Old 12-05-2012, 07:25 AM

Found the answer to my first question, the AKB73615313 remote, found it and ordered it for $15 at tvtechparts.com.

Would still appreciate some advice about the web browser.

Thanks,
b
post #747 of 1011 Old 12-05-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:

An update on the situation. The panel was replaced this morning and...still bad banding on the set. Called up the people doing the repair and they were back in a heartbeat. They were different from the one that first looked at the set and so they took some time to see the issue I was having. When they saw it they just shook their heads and said it can't be fixed. Sadly they get calls all the time with this issue on their LG and it's just a big problem with certain models. They did say they'd call LG personally and see if there is a fix they haven't thought of yet and would get back to me, but just replacing panels won't necessarily do the trick.

It's my own fault for waiting past my return period at Best Buy to take this seriously.
post #748 of 1011 Old 12-05-2012, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Can pickup a LG 55LM6200 for only $700. Dont really need another TV sounded like a great deal. Thoughts?

post #749 of 1011 Old 12-05-2012, 01:48 PM

Yes, that's a very good price. I just got a 65LM6200 and am satisfied (except for the web browser pop-ups mentioned in my thread above). When this thread started in March, the price for the 65LM6200 was $3000. I got mine for $2050 with free shipping. I'm sure the 55" version is also now much lower in price, but that still looks like a deal to me. It goes for $1300 or so on most sites.
post #750 of 1011 Old 12-07-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangonate View Post

An update on the situation. The panel was replaced this morning and...still bad banding on the set. Called up the people doing the repair and they were back in a heartbeat. They were different from the one that first looked at the set and so they took some time to see the issue I was having. When they saw it they just shook their heads and said it can't be fixed. Sadly they get calls all the time with this issue on their LG and it's just a big problem with certain models. They did say they'd call LG personally and see if there is a fix they haven't thought of yet and would get back to me, but just replacing panels won't necessarily do the trick.
It's my own fault for waiting past my return period at Best Buy to take this seriously.

Any update on your issue? My brother has this set also and he now has banding problems too.

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lg 65lm6200 65 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page