Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 1011 Old 01-14-2013, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslate69 View Post

Heads up and and a posible request for help.
My 65LM6200 is in a restart loop since the last software update from 1\3\2013.
Well the truth is after my troubleshooting eliminating connections, CEC, etc. It only restarts itself when connected to the internet (wired or wireless).
I downloaded the latest firmware to do an update via USB but since my TV already has that version it won't let me update. Anyway around this? I renamed the file GP4_ATSC_BB_MP_SU3_mtk5369_A1_RevNo80118_V04.31.31_usb_V2_SECURED.epk versuses GP4_ATSC_BB_MP_SU3_mtk5369_A1_RevNo80118_V04.31.30_usb_V2_SECURED.epk but it still won't recognize it as newer. Any ideas?
LG only has the newest firmware to download or I would try to install the previous version, although I would probably have the same issue of it not letting me install an older version.
What does the brain trust have to say? Thanks.

Does anybody on this thread have the firmware 04.20.18 (for USA - Canada maybe the same)? I would like to revert to that one since DLNA broke for me with 04.31.30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1011 Old 01-17-2013, 06:53 PM

Liked: 11
any app of value ot there smar tv in this lm6200 is boring and i want google tv app or something like youtube or redbull app that are the only ones i like to spend some time messing with my tv
post #813 of 1011 Old 01-17-2013, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
really thinking about getting this LM6200. i found a nice deal and i can get it new for $900. now my question is what is the difference between this and the G2 model besides google tv? I can get the G2 for the same price.

Also can you access the Trumotion settings in the service menu now? i know when the 6700 model first came out there was no option as it was blacked out.
post #814 of 1011 Old 01-18-2013, 10:29 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbigg21 View Post

really thinking about getting this LM6200. i found a nice deal and i can get it new for $900. now my question is what is the difference between this and the G2 model besides google tv? I can get the G2 for the same price.

Also can you access the Trumotion settings in the service menu now? i know when the 6700 model first came out there was no option as it was blacked out.

The TruMotion settings can be accessed through the normal menu now. As for which tv you should get, I would go for the G2 if you're interested in better apps.

post #815 of 1011 Old 01-18-2013, 05:09 PM

As for getting the LM6200, though mine is clearly a step up in picture quality and to my surprise actually has better sound than my "front speakered" Sharp it replaced [partly just shows how bad the audio on the Sharp was] when I have all of these new settings that are supposed to help with motion problems and I have to have them all OFF, what good are they? Trumotion, Real Cinema, etc. are all just worthless features IMO.

Consequently, this unit is only mildly better at best on motion than the 60Hz Sharp it replaced on DVDs and not at all on 60Hz HD TV. Of course, being able to finally play Bluray is a nice addition since my Sharp wasn't compatible but that's not apples to apples. And, I don't watch 3D with it because the problems it has with motion are amplified in 3D which makes for unpleasant sometimes even nauseating viewing to me. Perhaps I am just more sensitive to it than others.

I would personally spend a little more on a newer model after doing an appropriate amount of shopping and research.

I think I'll keep mine since I got a better display at a great price and a bigger display [42"] in the same form factor and cabinet where I had my 37" Sharp but I almost sent it back because of the above issues.

Good luck on your purchase . . .
post #816 of 1011 Old 01-18-2013, 11:33 PM

I can't get the screen capture feature on the LG TV Remote app on iPhone, iPad or android to work. All I see is a white/color noise screen picture. Anyone got it to work properly? I check and am on the latest firmware. I have the 65inch model.

Thanks!
post #817 of 1011 Old 01-19-2013, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Heavytoka, do you recommend labeling the PS3 input to PC? and which ps3 RGB is better , full or limited?
post #818 of 1011 Old 01-19-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

Heavytoka, do you recommend labeling the PS3 input to PC? and which ps3 RGB is better , full or limited?

Yes for gaming I would label it as PC and always set your PS3 to limited so you don't end up with crushed blacks. Super Whiite should be on though.

post #819 of 1011 Old 01-19-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8cca View Post

I can't get the screen capture feature on the LG TV Remote app on iPhone, iPad or android to work. All I see is a white/color noise screen picture. Anyone got it to work properly? I check and am on the latest firmware. I have the 65inch model.

Thanks!

I use Android and haven't had any issues using the screen capture feature as of yet.

post #820 of 1011 Old 01-19-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavytoka View Post

Yes for gaming I would label it as PC and always set your PS3 to limited so you don't end up with crushed blacks. Super Whiite should be on though.
ok thnx, other questions......

when I label it PC the black level option on my TV set to high is this ok? and black levels high+rgb full looks good though...
post #821 of 1011 Old 01-19-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post

ok thnx, other questions......

when I label it PC the black level option on my TV set to high is this ok? and black levels high+rgb full looks good though...

If you have the black level set to high, RGB Full should be less likely to crush the blacks since high makes them lighter. If you have any test patterns I would check to see if they are.

post #822 of 1011 Old 01-19-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavytoka View Post

If you have the black level set to high, RGB Full should be less likely to crush the blacks since high makes them lighter. If you have any test patterns I would check to see if they are.
I left it limited and low and labeling it bluray...
post #823 of 1011 Old 01-20-2013, 03:35 PM

Man, has anyone had any incredibly interesting problems with this dumb, I mean, smart remote?

This is unbelievable . . .

Yesterday, in the last 5 minutes of a killer basketball game, I accidentally just dropped the remote and SOMEHOW it simultaneously managed to switch the TV input to an unconnected input, shut OFF the TV speakers, the red arrow was stuck ON on the screen, but I was unable to manually go in and change anything back.

I had to, again last 5 minutes of a close amazing game, unplug the TV, wait a bit, and plug it back in to get this stupid thing out of its state of stupor.

Then manually was able to go in and switch back to HD TV input, realized I had no sound so had to go into settings and manually switch the TV speakers back on and fortunately caught the last 1:11 of the game. Fortunately must a had a time out or two while my stupid TV was out to lunch.

I'll be getting that standard remote ordered tomorrow . . .
post #824 of 1011 Old 01-20-2013, 03:48 PM

Man, has anyone had any interesting malfunctions with this so called "smart" remote?

Yesterday, in the last 5 minutes of an incredible basketball game, I accidentally dropped the remote and SOMEHOW it managed to simultaneously switch the TV input to an unconnected port, shut OFF the TV speakers, the RED ARROW was stuck ON in the center of the screen, but I couldn't do anything or change anything back.

So, I had to reach in behind and yank the plug, wait a minute, plug it back in and then I was able to switch the input back, realized I had no sound, go into SETTINGS and turn the stupid TV speakers back ON, and fortunately was able to catch the last 1:11 of the game.

Um, I'll be getting that standard remote ordered tomorrow . . .
post #825 of 1011 Old 01-21-2013, 12:27 AM

So now that I have access to the Service Menu, done very easily by getting a Logitech 300i remote off eBay and then simply applying the "Easy Adjust" to a remote button via Logitech's website, what are the new best settings for colors and whites and Local Dimming? I've noticed Local Dimming can affect the colors way more than just the blacks. I have the 55LM6200.
post #826 of 1011 Old 01-21-2013, 11:11 AM
gvc
Advanced Member

LG site lists firmware 04.30.31 for 65lm6200 as latest firmware. My tv is working perfectly for me now so I am always suspicious of loading new firmware and then having bugs develop. does this firmware add anything new? anyone having any hiccups in performance after installing the new firmware. thanks
post #827 of 1011 Old 01-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I have the latest firmware on my 65" and have had no issues, positive or negative.
post #828 of 1011 Old 01-22-2013, 06:43 PM
gvc
Advanced Member

downloaded new 04.30.31 firmware no problem. everything working fine.

but I do have a problem streaming hd video from my desktop pc to my LG tv using Plex media server and LG medialink . unfortunately the hd videos stop to buffer about every 7 or 8 seconds. (but this also happens using windows media sharing)

streaming sd wmv movies play fine on the tv and streaming the hd videos to my tablet or phone play smoothly also so I'm not convinced its a problem with my router which is single channel N. why would they play fine on the tablet or phone and not the tv? is there a setting of some kind on the lg tv that could be tweaked or maybe I need to look into using QOS on my router for the tv's MAC address?

also the Plex channels work fine on the pc and streamed to the tablet and phone but I get and error message on the tv saying "the app you're using cant access this channel. please make sure you have the latest version".
post #829 of 1011 Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
How is this set for gaming? I was looking at the 65" Panny Plasmas but saw that this set had lag test results that were pretty solid and that this year's plasmas were only marginally better with the Leo Bodnar test device.

I'm in the process of divorce and will likely be taking my projector set up with me but then only having one other TV in the whole home. I have a 4 year old son who loves "pop out" as he calls 3d and I think a passive set would be better for him as we have plenty of pint sized glasses from the movie theaters and I wouldn't have to worry about him wrecking them.
post #830 of 1011 Old 01-25-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc View Post

downloaded new 04.30.31 firmware no problem. everything working fine.

but I do have a problem streaming hd video from my desktop pc to my LG tv using Plex media server and LG medialink . unfortunately the hd videos stop to buffer about every 7 or 8 seconds. (but this also happens using windows media sharing)

streaming sd wmv movies play fine on the tv and streaming the hd videos to my tablet or phone play smoothly also so I'm not convinced its a problem with my router which is single channel N. why would they play fine on the tablet or phone and not the tv? is there a setting of some kind on the lg tv that could be tweaked or maybe I need to look into using QOS on my router for the tv's MAC address?

also the Plex channels work fine on the pc and streamed to the tablet and phone but I get and error message on the tv saying "the app you're using cant access this channel. please make sure you have the latest version".

I just got my 65" set and updated firmware to 04.30.31. I do experience a similar issue when streaming from the pc. My videos hicup every 1-2 seconds. It must the LG TV, since the same videos stream fine to my tablet. Does anyone know if the LG uses hardware or software to decode the videos? I can't seem to find the codec options on the LG TV.

The second option to rule out is buffering, but I'm not sure how to test this.
post #831 of 1011 Old 01-25-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonmutant View Post

I'll be getting that standard remote ordered tomorrow . . .

I just ordered a standard remote myself for a LM6400. I'm surprised LG is not more forthcoming about a replacement remote...
post #832 of 1011 Old 01-26-2013, 03:56 AM

Hi
I want to update 47LM6200 so downloaded last version "GP4_ATSC_BB_MP_SU3_mtk5369_A1_RevNo80118_V04.31.31_usb_V2_SECURED.epk"
and make LG_DTV folder on flash usb 4GB and copy firmware file to this folder bat when connect usb to tv do not show any message for update
I test with several flash memory formatted and test on every 3 port on TV but do not show any thing for update
my TV current version is 3.11.37
i try to update with internet but stay on 7% and don't complete
ao how update may TV?

and how open Hidden service menu in LM6200?

please help me....
tanks....
post #833 of 1011 Old 01-26-2013, 05:15 AM

Guys, ever since I updated my firmware I can't watch movies with DTS audio on MediaLink (aka Plex). I really need a fix for this, as 99% of my movies have DTS streams and I love the MediaLink interface with all the covers and etc.

I have two of these TVs, one on 03.03.48 which works just awesome, and one on 04.31.30, which sucks because I cant play DTS frown.gif

Any ideas how to fix this?
post #834 of 1011 Old 01-26-2013, 09:03 AM
gvc
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post

I just got my 65" set and updated firmware to 04.30.31. I do experience a similar issue when streaming from the pc. My videos hicup every 1-2 seconds. It must the LG TV, since the same videos stream fine to my tablet. Does anyone know if the LG uses hardware or software to decode the videos? I can't seem to find the codec options on the LG TV.

The second option to rule out is buffering, but I'm not sure how to test this.

I dont know the exact reason either but since I can stream uninterrupted hd video to my 37" vizio and to my portable devices in any area of the house, it must be something to do with the LG tv and how it handles incoming transcoding from the server. the longest I gotten one (HD) to play on the LG is about 12 seconds before it stops to buffer. As I said, wmv sd video plays fine. I am still looking into trying to set my router's firmware to use QOS for the LG's mac address to see if that helps until I decide to get a dual band router.
post #835 of 1011 Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 AM
gvc
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc View Post

I am still looking into trying to set my router's firmware to use QOS for the LG's mac address to see if that helps until I decide to get a dual band router.

update: enabling QOS for the LG's mac address didnt help at all and actually made the buffering worse. but, changing my channel width setting from 20MHz to turbo 40 MHz and also adjusting my security settings a bit, I was able to extend HD streaming to about 25-35 sec before rebuffering.
post #836 of 1011 Old 01-27-2013, 12:59 PM

Does any one find code for open service menu with lg_2012_commander.py?

with this method can control all key and open service menu in Smart TV with pc

first set up Python 3.3.0 Windows x86 MSI Installer or Python 3.3.0 Windows X86-64 MSI Installer
then run lg_2012_commander.py
so show a code on tv and must enter in program then you can control tv but for open service menu should test numbers Between 255 - 1024
if everyone found these code report me.

original site for this method:
https://github.com/ubaransel/lgcommander
post #837 of 1011 Old 01-27-2013, 01:53 PM

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum but have been reading the last few days. I recently bought the 65LM6200 from HH Gregg for $1,850. We watched the 3d at the store and it was amazing. The 3d on our set is brutal though. I have adjusted to settings people use on here but no luck. I don't know if its because I am watching the trailers from the 3d world on the tv and its just laggy or something but the picture is awful any time there is any movement at all. It just gets real pixely and blotchy if that makes sense. The in laws were here and I couldn't wait to show off the 3d. Needless to say nobody was impressed.
post #838 of 1011 Old 01-27-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo24 View Post

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum but have been reading the last few days. I recently bought the 65LM6200 from HH Gregg for $1,850. We watched the 3d at the store and it was amazing. The 3d on our set is brutal though. I have adjusted to settings people use on here but no luck. I don't know if its because I am watching the trailers from the 3d world on the tv and its just laggy or something but the picture is awful any time there is any movement at all. It just gets real pixely and blotchy if that makes sense. The in laws were here and I couldn't wait to show off the 3d. Needless to say nobody was impressed.

The 3D through 3D world is terrible, your best bet is to get some 3D Blu-rays as that is probably what you experienced in the store. Also using settings myself and others have posted should always just be a starting point, you should consider purchasing a calibration disk like the following (DVE: HD Basics, Disney WOW or Spears & Munsil) Having your set professionally calibrated is normally the best way to get the best performance out of your tv. Hope this helps some smile.gif

post #839 of 1011 Old 01-27-2013, 11:08 PM

Hi Heavytoka, when I label my PS3 input to PC mode it switches the black level to high so i have to set the PS3 RGB to full ok so... Can I use your Expert settings but with black level set to high? also in PC mode you can't change some options, they're greyed out............
post #840 of 1011 Old 01-28-2013, 01:33 AM

My LM6200 firmware is 3.11.37 and downloaded 4.31.30 but my TV don't show update massage with usb so i downloaded 04.10.08 from my country site and my TV can update this file from usb.but is v04.10.08 good?Does work any function in v.04.10.08 correctly?
what different with v3 and v4.
please give me link for good version of firmware for LM6200 ...
thanks ....
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lg 65lm6200 65 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page