AVS Forum banner

LG PASSIVE LM6200 dedicated thread...

281K views 1K replies 236 participants last post by  noobtv 
#1 ·
Time for a dedicated thread. I ordered 65LM6200 few days back and waiting for delivery. Will post pictures when i get mine.

Edit: Fixed the title.

Edit: 4/8/2012 - 65LM6200 vs. 65LW6500 comparison added

Model : 65LM6200 vs. 65LW6500

Model Year: 2012 vs. 2011

Dynamic Contrast Ratio(DCR) : 6M vs. 9M

Image Contrast Ratio (ICR): ?? vs. 40K (According to Amazon;need data for 6200)

Local Dimming: Yes (confirmed by hibeta) vs. Yes

Gloss/Matte : Gloss vs. Gloss

Price(best as of today): 2800 vs. 2300

THX Mode: No vs. Yes

MCI (what is MCI anyway??): Low vs. High (according to sje3156)

Sound Mode: 7 mode vs. 5 Mode

Vesa(mount):400x400 vs. 600x400

3D Glasses Included: 6 vs. 4

Dimension(without stand): 60.6"x36.4"x1.5" vs. 61.2"x37"x1.7"

Weight (lbs without stand): 89.5 vs. 92.6

Wifi: Built-in vs. Adapter Included

Aspect Ratio: 6 Modes(extra Zoom) vs. 5 Modes

USB: 3 vs. 2

AV & Component : 1 each vs. 2 each

Remote: 3 mode Magic only (2nd genration) vs. Magic(1st gen) + Standard

Backlit: Edge LED vs. ?? (need data for 6500)

3D Dual Play capable: Yes vs. ??

Power Consumption max: 270W s 240W

Skype Ready: Yes vs. No

Web Browser: Full vs. limited ( to be confirmed)

See less See more
#678 ·
lately I have been reading a lot of negative comments regarding this set in terms of back lighting and input lag

I do a lot of gaming so input lag is a big concern for me. I have my mind set on passive 3D so my options are a little limited and I really want bigger than 55"

so how about the the other LM series like the 7600/8600/9600? are they much better than the 6200 in terms of PQ and input lag?

#681 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobbarley  /t/1403070/lg-passive-lm6200-dedicated-thread/660#post_22551308

trying to decide between the Panasonic tc-L47ET5 or the LG 47LM6200. Wont be doing any gaming, mostly watching sports, streaming netflix, or streaming movies/tv. Anyone have any advice between these two sets? thanks in advance

See post 633:

Personally, I didn't like the ET5 to be honest. I started with the 6200, went to the ET5 and now I have been back to the 6200 and happy since June. I do notice the judder when panning as well but the judder was the same on the ET5. Plus, I read the ET5 has had product quality issue, with TV's arriving dented out of the box. The one I received was also dented out of the box. I think a dejudder option is supposed to come along for the 6200 but I am not 100% on that. I notice the judder especially on HGTV, not so much for sports. I am using a component cable instead of HDMI for my xbox and I have had no issues with gaming.

#685 ·
Does anyone else have this problem when watching a 3d movies? It has to do with the 3d viewing angle setting where you can adjust it from the right to left side. If you set it to the max on one side it will flicker for a second like the setting is on zero or center and then back to the angle that you have it set at. So you see the 3d angle jump from center to the side. I noticed it does it more often on far away wide shots and less on close ups. Can someone try to max this setting and see if your set does the same thing? I also have most of the other settings off like trumotion.

#688 ·
Just set up my new LG TV, and started watching Men in Black in 3D - and compared it to my Samsung plasma that has active 3D. I must say that the difference in resolution between active and passive 3D is huge. I would any day take the active 3D with full 1080 resolution over LG's passive 3D. I was hoping it would not be that obvious.

Or is that just me?

Or do I not have it set up properly ? ? ?

#692 ·
I also just bought the 47LM6200 for $489 and I have one kinda major problem. IDK if my specific setup is causing problems so here it goes. We have directv and the main media center receiver is downstairs on a Sharp TV and there is an extender box upstairs connected directly to the LG TV via supplied HDMI1.4 cable. I also have an LG 3d blu ray player attached to the TV via a 1.4 high speed HDMI cable I purchased.

Well the problem is my 3d keeps getting screwed up when I switch channels or the input. The TV gets a line down the center and displays the same image on either side of the screen. Once this happens EVERY channel/input will looks like this and have the same image on either side. Even on 2D channels. I have tried hitting the 3d button and messing with every setting. The ONLY way to fix it is unplug for a minute, let the caps drain, and plug it back in.

Oh, and this doesnt happen EVERY time, but probably around 30% of the time. So you can imagine what its like watching TV and about every 4-5 channel switches it happens.... :-|

#693 ·
Now with a little more research I see that Directv uses side by side to send the 3d. So I guess it is the TV thats losing its brains and not putting it in 3d. Instead, showing my the sent signal of the two images side by side. Im guessing this will need to be exchanged? I got it 3 days ago.

#694 ·
Hi all,

Just got this set and hooked it up to my denon avr-1612. For the life of me, I cant figure out why I cant get my surround to work.

Here's my setup:

HDMI1 - Cable

HDMI2 - 360

HDMI3 - PS3

optical out from the tv goes straight into the optical in for my receiver, shouldn't this be correct?

Am I missing something?

#697 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gss175  /t/1403070/lg-passive-lm6200-dedicated-thread/660#post_22557586

Just set up my new LG TV, and started watching Men in Black in 3D - and compared it to my Samsung plasma that has active 3D. I must say that the difference in resolution between active and passive 3D is huge. I would any day take the active 3D with full 1080 resolution over LG's passive 3D. I was hoping it would not be that obvious.

Or is that just me?

Or do I not have it set up properly ? ? ?
I watched my Tron disc on a friend's Sony, and then on my 65LM6200. As far as resolution goes, I really didn't notice. I actually expected it to be apparent given that my set is ten inches larger than his. What I did notice was the lack of crosstalk on my set vs. his.

#698 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by THe_Flash  /t/1403070/lg-passive-lm6200-dedicated-thread/660#post_22552466

Code:
4.20.18 is the newest.

Hi. I got my 42LM6200 yesterday, the installed firmware is 03.21.12 and I want to update it to the latest firmware available. LG page shows only Software_File(Version_04.12.23).zip, where can I find this 4.20.18? Thanks.

#699 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieetryce  /t/1403070/lg-passive-lm6200-dedicated-thread/690#post_22564414

Hi all,

Just got this set and hooked it up to my denon avr-1612. For the life of me, I cant figure out why I cant get my surround to work.

Here's my setup:

HDMI1 - Cable

HDMI2 - 360

HDMI3 - PS3

optical out from the tv goes straight into the optical in for my receiver, shouldn't this be correct?

Am I missing something?

I have the denon avr-1312 and encountered the same issue. It turns out that the lm6200 does not output surround from the optical, just stereo. However I believe your amp supports arc, I know mine is too low to have that feature. In case you don't Know arc allows you to return the audio back though the output hdmi. So you'd want to hook up your devices into the receiver and the output from the receiver to hdmi 1 (arc) on the tv. Then you'll be able to get surround with your devices and surround from your tv.

#700 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydesix  /t/1403070/lg-passive-lm6200-dedicated-thread/690#post_22567437

I have the denon avr-1312 and encountered the same issue. It turns out that the lm6200 does not output surround from the optical, just stereo. However I believe your amp supports arc, I know mine is too low to have that feature. In case you don't Know arc allows you to return the audio back though the output hdmi. So you'd want to hook up your devices into the receiver and the output from the receiver to hdmi 1 (arc) on the tv. Then you'll be able to get surround with your devices and surround from your tv.

Maybe you need to change to AC3 in the service menu?

#701 ·
Does anyone know how I can get a quick 'night' settings or low brightness setting? Looking to not alter any of my settings, but lowering the brightness as much as I can when watching at night.

And the audio output DOES transmit DTS and Dolby D to my receiver via HDMI. I had to change settings in my PS3 and Xbox 360, but now they both transmit surround via the digital out from the lm6200.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.