Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 1011 Old 04-11-2012, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpatel View Post

Ordered my 65LM6200 this morning. Will be here Friday. Can't wait. Also my local Electronics store got one in last night so I got to see it hanging today. It's very nice (don't like the stand but I am going to hang it anyway)

Congrats!! I used cheetah mount from amazon to hang it on the wall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1011 Old 04-11-2012, 01:07 PM

Here's a YouTube vid I just shot showing my 55LM6200 settings. No TruMotion!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLU2...e_gdata_player
post #63 of 1011 Old 04-11-2012, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thachaz View Post

Here's a YouTube vid I just shot showing my 55LM6200 settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLU2...e_gdata_player

Yup, trumotion is not there for you. You made me lol when you went out to show the box
post #64 of 1011 Old 04-11-2012, 02:43 PM

You did a nice job with the video. Yes, your menu options are different from the options within the menus of the 65. While the 65 has a TruMotion selection, yours does not. Here's a picture of my submenu within the Picture Option menu:
LL
post #65 of 1011 Old 04-11-2012, 02:51 PM

Thanks for the praises....LOL
But yeah it seems that LG dropped the ball on the sub 65" models.....I hope they can fix this.
post #66 of 1011 Old 04-12-2012, 07:11 AM

Thanks to all for providing very helpful information in this thread.

I have a 47LW5600. Just got a 47LM6700 (to evaluate as a replacement for the LW) and a 65LM6200 (to replace a dead Olevia 65" 265FHD-T11) during the Fry's sales.

I haven't had much time to evaluate them, my initial impressions of the 47LM6700 are good, with some concerns (don't like glossy screens, no Trumotion adjustment)

I can confirm that my remote from the LW does control the 47LM6700 for most, if not all of the functions (aspect, quick menu, inputs, 3D, navigation, etc.) So it could work on the LM6200's as well. Those looking for remote codes might be able to use the ones from last year's models. Those with learning remotes could get last year's remote or take your learning remote to a store and do some quick teaching with a display model's remote.

As far as the 65LM6200, I haven't taken it out of the box yet. I have an extended warranty on the dead Olevia 65" and I'm waiting for that to be resolved. If it gets fixed, I might take the LG back, so I'm waiting to unbox. I'm hoping they don't fix it and give me a refund so I can keep the LG.

A few questions for owners of the 65LM6200:

Does it have the new style stand? Pictures on LG's site and Fry's ad implied that it has the new stand, but the picture on the box looks like the old style stand. Fry's only had a 47LM6200 on display which did have the new stand.

If the old style stand, is it sturdy? Last years stands were very wobbly.

I didn't like last year's 65LW6500 due to the wide bezel, wobbly stand, and mirror-like screen. The published width of the new 65LM isn't much less than the LW. Could somebody tell me how wide the bezel is on the 65LM? I'm hoping it is proportionally as narrow as the 47LM6200 that I saw on display. Pictures would be much appreciated if anybody could post some up.

Anybody tried accessing the service menu yet? People have gotten into it on the 6700's but all the options are greyed out.

Looking forward to more info on this TV.
post #67 of 1011 Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 AM

My 65LM6200 will be delivered by Amazon tomorrow. Can't wait. I did see the TV at a local store and the bezel is smaller than last years but not superthin.

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-65LM6200-led-tv

The stand is the new design but I am not thrilled with the new stand when it comes to color. They made the bezel matt (black brushed metal look) for the 6200 series, but left the stand glossy. Why they would do that I have no idea. I plan on hanging it soon, but I decide that after I have had the TV for a month. Still looking for a tv console to go under the TV.

I can take pictures tomorrow after I get the TV and post them.
post #68 of 1011 Old 04-12-2012, 10:36 AM

ShowMeADeal - Did you use the Cheetah mount and did you do it yourself?

Difficult?
post #69 of 1011 Old 04-12-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:

My 65LM6200 will be delivered by Amazon tomorrow. Can't wait. I did see the TV at a local store and the bezel is smaller than last years but not superthin.

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-65LM6200-led-tv

The stand is the new design but I am not thrilled with the new stand when it comes to color. They made the bezel matt (black brushed metal look) for the 6200 series, but left the stand glossy. Why they would do that I have no idea. I plan on hanging it soon, but I decide that after I have had the TV for a month. Still looking for a tv console to go under the TV.

I can take pictures tomorrow after I get the TV and post them.

Thanks for the info. I look forward to your pics and feedback on the TV

By new design you mean the open "ribbon" style stand like on LG's website, as opposed to the old style single pedestal one right?

I've seen some conflicting pictures (see attached examples). Also the picture on the actual box looks like the old style single stand. Can anyone else confirm the stand type and bezel width as well? I'm hoping LG didn't decide to ship some with the old stand.
LL
LL
LL
post #70 of 1011 Old 04-12-2012, 12:26 PM

I have had my LG lm6200 for about 2 weeks no sign of the true motion control.I called LG they said the "Eyecare" button was it? I do not buy that. I think its not there or its automatic ?
post #71 of 1011 Old 04-12-2012, 12:45 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6scott View Post

I have had my LG lm6200 for about 2 weeks no sign of the true motion control.I called LG they said the "Eyecare" button was it? I do not buy that. I think its not there or its automatic ?

eyecare is not trumotion. they lied to you.
post #72 of 1011 Old 04-12-2012, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

ShowMeADeal - Did you use the Cheetah mount and did you do it yourself?

Difficult?

I did it my self. If you have hung big pictures before you can do it. Make sure you oil the mount(joints) ahead of time and don't use the level that come with it.
post #73 of 1011 Old 04-12-2012, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMag View Post

Thanks for the info. I look forward to your pics and feedback on the TV

By new design you mean the open "ribbon" style stand like on LG's website, as opposed to the old style single pedestal one right?

I've seen some conflicting pictures (see attached examples). Also the picture on the actual box looks like the old style single stand. Can anyone else confirm the stand type and bezel width as well? I'm hoping LG didn't decide to ship some with the old stand.

Edit: i spoke too soon on the stand- since i mounted it on the wall, i didn't even bother opening it out of package. Will confirm later today. Bezel is about 2"
post #74 of 1011 Old 04-12-2012, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMag View Post

Thanks to all for providing very helpful information in this thread.

I have a 47LW5600. Just got a 47LM6700 (to evaluate as a replacement for the LW) and a 65LM6200 (to replace a dead Olevia 65" 265FHD-T11) during the Fry's sales.

I haven't had much time to evaluate them, my initial impressions of the 47LM6700 are good, with some concerns (don't like glossy screens, no Trumotion adjustment)

I can confirm that my remote from the LW does control the 47LM6700 for most, if not all of the functions (aspect, quick menu, inputs, 3D, navigation, etc.) So it could work on the LM6200's as well. Those looking for remote codes might be able to use the ones from last year's models. Those with learning remotes could get last year's remote or take your learning remote to a store and do some quick teaching with a display model's remote.

As far as the 65LM6200, I haven't taken it out of the box yet. I have an extended warranty on the dead Olevia 65" and I'm waiting for that to be resolved. If it gets fixed, I might take the LG back, so I'm waiting to unbox. I'm hoping they don't fix it and give me a refund so I can keep the LG.

A few questions for owners of the 65LM6200:

Does it have the new style stand? Pictures on LG's site and Fry's ad implied that it has the new stand, but the picture on the box looks like the old style stand. Fry's only had a 47LM6200 on display which did have the new stand.

If the old style stand, is it sturdy? Last years stands were very wobbly.

I didn't like last year's 65LW6500 due to the wide bezel, wobbly stand, and mirror-like screen. The published width of the new 65LM isn't much less than the LW. Could somebody tell me how wide the bezel is on the 65LM? I'm hoping it is proportionally as narrow as the 47LM6200 that I saw on display. Pictures would be much appreciated if anybody could post some up.

Anybody tried accessing the service menu yet? People have gotten into it on the 6700's but all the options are greyed out.

Looking forward to more info on this TV.

Thanks a bunch for answering the remote question. I'll post some pictures when i get home.
post #75 of 1011 Old 04-12-2012, 02:44 PM

IndyMag - The one in the store had a glossy black ribbon style stand (but it's plastic and plasticky looking). LOL.
post #76 of 1011 Old 04-12-2012, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mine is getting firmware update 03.20.31. Hope this brings trumotion to non 65" models.
LL
post #77 of 1011 Old 04-12-2012, 06:38 PM

anyone care to share the picture setup with all of us ??? I just got my 47LM6200 today and need to tune the picture setting... Thanks
post #78 of 1011 Old 04-12-2012, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Here is the picture of stand that came with my 65lm6200...
LL
LL
post #79 of 1011 Old 04-12-2012, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

... and bezel measurement.
LL
post #80 of 1011 Old 04-13-2012, 11:48 AM

Thanks ShowMeADeal and mjpatel for answering my questions. Look forward to some pics of the TV set up on the stand.

It may be a week or so before I'm able to set mine up, but I will make sure to test out my remote from last year's LW on it.
post #81 of 1011 Old 04-13-2012, 06:37 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thachaz View Post

Unlike most of the world, I love the SOE. However, I own the 55" lm6200 and I still can't find the 120hz trumotion setting in order to turn it on. I have my tv connected via hdmi running to an hdmi receiver. Where my cable box and PS3 are connected. I thought it might have been the reason I couldn't locate the setting, so I ran the hdmi cable directly from the cable box to the tv but no luck. I'm beginning to think LG is false advertising on this particular screen size and model #. I really appreciate everyone trying to resolve this issue. I hope someone can give us a definite answer regarding the option. Thanks.

Hi there (brand new to this forum so please be nice )

With respect to the TruMotion adjustments, I can confirm they are not available. This surprised me. I was double checking the box, manual, menus and forums. I finally landed here and noticed this was a fairly hot topic. I signed up to this forum now so that I can contribute and get involved in the conversation. Again, I'm brand new so if I'm stating the obvious, please forgive me.

It seems to me, through various testing, the Trumotion is paired with the Picture mode. Ie: Standard & Expert = Low and Game = High. When switching back and forth watching a segment of a BD movie, there is a significant difference (to me) with respect to the camera appearing to move normally and no SOE when in Standard or Expert vs. Game. When I flip the Picture Mode over to Game and watch the same video segment, the camera appears to bob around a lot more and I see the SOE.

This model (55LM6200) appears to have a dumbed down version of TruMotion settings. I can't say that I mind though, personally speaking I'm very content. I am not a fan of the SOE myself, so it's really not a problem.

CONFIRMED THE ABOVE PARAGRAPHS WERE ONLY WISHFUL THINKING - TruMotion is not enabled in any mode using the current firmware version.

120hz isn't the same thing as TruMotion though and that needs to be recognized. TruMotion is software interpreting 'filler frames' to smooth the picture, where 120Hz is a panel refresh rate. 120Hz is the feature to really care about, where TruMotion is not so much as it simply adds information which isn't present through a software algorithm attempting to predict, create and insert in extra frames with a goal of a smoother picture. I've owned LG, Sharp, and Sony TV's each with their version of this feature and have never been impressed, nor has it ever been a feature I would personally spend an extra dollar on. The 120Hz refresh rate however, has always been on my must have list since it became available.

Like you and many others, I find it puzzling why the firmware for the 55"ers would exclude this feature, being the same specs... At the end of the day, likely (unless you love SOE) you would probably set it up as it is anyhow - whatever this setting truly is.

I think it's pretty close to false advertising myself, but perhaps a firmware update will resolve it. Doesn't make any sense for it to be missing as it's simply a smaller screen size and not a different class.

Cheers, hope that helps in some way. I find everyone extremely helpful here and I hope I can contribute something useful and continue to be involved in the discussion!
post #82 of 1011 Old 04-13-2012, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brecklington View Post

Hi there (brand new to this forum so please be nice )

With respect to the TruMotion adjustments, I can confirm they are not available. This surprised me. I was double checking the box, manual, menus and forums. I finally landed here and noticed this was a fairly hot topic. I signed up to this forum now so that I can contribute and get involved in the conversation. Again, I'm brand new so if I'm stating the obvious, please forgive me.

It seems to me, through various testing, the Trumotion is paired with the Picture mode. Ie: Standard & Expert = Low and Game = High. When switching back and forth watching a segment of a BD movie, there is a significant difference (to me) with respect to the camera appearing to move normally and no SOE when in Standard or Expert vs. Game. When I flip the Picture Mode over to Game and watch the same video segment, the camera appears to bob around a lot more and I see the SOE.

This model (55LM6200) appears to have a dumbed down version of TruMotion settings. I can't say that I mind though, personally speaking I'm very content. I am not a fan of the SOE myself, so it's really not a problem.

120hz isn't the same thing as TruMotion though and that needs to be recognized. TruMotion is software interpreting 'filler frames' to smooth the picture, where 120Hz is a panel refresh rate. 120Hz is the feature to really care about, where TruMotion is not so much as it simply adds information which isn't present through a software algorithm attempting to predict, create and insert in extra frames with a goal of a smoother picture. I've owned LG, Sharp, and Sony TV's each with their version of this feature and have never been impressed, nor has it ever been a feature I would personally spend an extra dollar on. The 120Hz refresh rate however, has always been on my must have list since it became available.

Like you and many others, I find it puzzling why the firmware for the 55"ers would exclude this feature, being the same specs... At the end of the day, likely (unless you love SOE) you would probably set it up as it is anyhow - whatever this setting truly is.

I think it's pretty close to false advertising myself, but perhaps a firmware update will resolve it. Doesn't make any sense for it to be missing as it's simply a smaller screen size and not a different class.

Cheers, hope that helps in some way. I find everyone extremely helpful here and I hope I can contribute something useful and continue to be involved in the discussion!

Welcome onboard, very good first post.
post #83 of 1011 Old 04-13-2012, 10:54 PM

Hey everyone. TV got here at 1pm EST. Was swamped today...played with it some tonight. Question, can someone tryout VUDU 3D previews? I have a PS3 hooked up and it says I have don't have a 3D compatible TV. The Vudu app on the 65LM6200 doesn't show any 3D movies available.

I want to be able to rent 3D movies. Not a big fan of buying expensive 3D Bluray discs to have kids watch a movie once or twice.
post #84 of 1011 Old 04-14-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowMeADeal View Post

Welcome onboard, very good first post.

Thank you very much!

Quote:

Hey everyone. TV got here at 1pm EST. Was swamped today...played with it some tonight. Question, can someone tryout VUDU 3D previews? I have a PS3 hooked up and it says I have don't have a 3D compatible TV. The Vudu app on the 65LM6200 doesn't show any 3D movies available.

I want to be able to rent 3D movies. Not a big fan of buying expensive 3D Bluray discs to have kids watch a movie once or twice.

Hi mjpatel,

With respect to your question about streaming 3D content - If in fact you are receiving true 3D content compatible with this TV and are receiving that error, likely your cabling is incorrect.

Your source must be 3D compatible, your cable must be HDMI 1.4 certified, and if you have a receiver in between your source and TV, it also must be HDMI 1.4 certified. From what you described, it sounds like either your cables are 1.3b or lower, or the receiver between your source and TV is not HDMI 1.4 compatible.

Hope that narrows it down for you.
post #85 of 1011 Old 04-14-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brecklington View Post

Thank you very much!

Hi mjpatel,

With respect to your question about streaming 3D content - If in fact you are receiving true 3D content compatible with this TV and are receiving that error, likely your cabling is incorrect.

Your source must be 3D compatible, your cable must be HDMI 1.4 certified, and if you have a receiver in between your source and TV, it also must be HDMI 1.4 certified. From what you described, it sounds like either your cables are 1.3b or lower, or the receiver between your source and TV is not HDMI 1.4 compatible.

Hope that narrows it down for you.

Technically and more accurately he'll be needing a HDMI cable listed as 'High Speed' as the cables aren't officially versioned by hdmi numbering. I bought all of my cables pre 1.4 but high speed and 3D works fine from my PS3 and PC and through my receiver. Furthermore the TV should have a 3dworld app with streaming 3d content that can be used as a test to rule out the hdmi chain.
post #86 of 1011 Old 04-14-2012, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkspade View Post

Technically and more accurately he'll be needing a HDMI cable listed as 'High Speed' as the cables aren't officially versioned by hdmi numbering. I bought all of my cables pre 1.4 but high speed and 3D works fine from my PS3 and PC and through my receiver. Furthermore the TV should have a 3dworld app with streaming 3d content that can be used as a test to rule out the hdmi chain.

That is incorrect. It's simply a micro savings when it comes to cables. Quite literally, 1.4, 1.3b differ greatly. The wire pattern, the additional data path, and the ethernet compatibility... One must not forget to mention "ARC" a new feature because of HDMI 1.4. A feature anyone with a livingroom/medium-end system must consider. If you are unsure about what Audio Return Channel is about, I’d recommend reading about it via Google. If you have a receiver capable of 1.3b, you do not have it.

I'm not suggesting to go out and buy shares in "Monster Cable", but I am saying to adhere to the HDMI standards if you expect… An expected result.

There are many places, around here anyway, who sell to home installers (I used to be one). They are more than happy to push their debit machine towards the general public. I'd recommend looking into that, in your area, and saving money on the branding, instead of the certification. That's what I do to keep costs reasonable while getting what "must work" - to work..

Go to your local Walmart, if you have to, pick up a 1.4 cable, or 2 if you are using a receiver which is compatible with 3D. If your receiver is HDMI 1.4, you will be laughing. Don't expect long term reliability from your Walmart cables, but at least it will prove a certification has a certification for a reason.
post #87 of 1011 Old 04-14-2012, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Cheap High Speed HDMI cables from monoprice work great, they're all you will ever need and they will last forever.
post #88 of 1011 Old 04-14-2012, 10:40 AM

Let me try that this afternoon. I had originally purchased a Sharp 60" 3D LED and 3D streaming from Vudu on my PS3 worked. That same cable is being used by my Dish Receiver and am using a cable that says High Speed that came with another bluray player. It says highspeed but you never know what they bundle with Bluray players.

Will update within 1/2 hour.
post #89 of 1011 Old 04-14-2012, 11:46 AM

Thank you everyone!!!

I switch cables and the PS3 detected the 3D TV and Vudu 3D Previews worked flawlessly.

What's strange is the cable I used before was one that came with a Samsung 3D Bluray player that says HIGHSPEED on it. Go figure.
post #90 of 1011 Old 04-15-2012, 10:13 AM

Just got the 55" version of this tv, and I'm a little disappointed. All the reviews I read said. TV had mlb.tv built in, but when I went to click on that app, it simply says "coming soon. " Am I missing g something, or did the reviewers just get it wrong?

Also, does anyone have recommended picture settings for this display? I haven't seen any posted in this thread.

And finally, I have the display offset at about a 40 degree viewing angle, and I notice terrible ghosting in 3d mode. Is there any way to fix this other than changing the TV to a straight on angle?
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lg 65lm6200 65 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page