Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 1011 Old 03-20-2014, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by afn40406 View Post

Having Problems with WiFi on my 55"LM6200. It's been working great for about 10 months now every time I turn off the set it loses connectivity when I turn it back on. I have to select my wireless network from the list and re-enter my security code. I usually have to do this twice before it connects but sometimes it takes more tries. The network always shows up in the list as having the strongest possible signal strength. I don't remember having this problem before I updated to latest firmware (Version 06.01.03). We have laptops and smart phones attaching automatically to the network with no problems and use WEP for our security.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I had my mainboard replaced in Feb on my LS5700 because I was experiencing the same thing. Worked for a few weeks but admittedly I wasn't doing a tonne of streaming through it. Over the weekend it started forgetting the Wifi again, locking up, and dropping my streaming. I called the techs who fixed my TV and they said I had to call LG back again since their ticket was closed. Then about 30 minutes later one of the techs from the shop called me back because he over heard my conversation.

Seems there is a problem with the LS5700's that he confirmed with his contact at LG, and it is software based, whatever is in the new OS that we have seems to be causing these issues. They are working on a fix but I don't have an ETA.

What is odd is that I've got the same TV as you in my basement and I'm not experiencing any streaming issues, but I'll have to double check what OS is on there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1011 Old 03-21-2014, 06:33 AM

I'm not sure if I post in this thread or start a new one. 

I have had the above tv for about a year, normal volume level is 10 - 15 from the tv, if I play a DVD we have to adjust the volume to 95 - 100. I thought this was normal or our old DVD player but I just recently started streaming movies through amazon and have the same issue, volume needs to be about 100.

Is there a setting that I have missed to correct this, or is this normal?

Thanks,

Abe

post #993 of 1011 Old 03-21-2014, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 104
This is certainly not normal. Are you listening to the audio through the TV's speakers?
post #994 of 1011 Old 03-21-2014, 06:55 AM

This is certainly not normal. Are you listening to the audio through the TV's speakers?

Yes.

post #995 of 1011 Old 03-21-2014, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Check the AUDIO settings on the TV...reset them to factory defaults. Then start out by setting SOUND MODE to STANDARD. Try setting VOLUME MODE to AUTO VOLUME first, and if that doesn't correct the problem, then set VOLUME MODE to VOLUME CONTROL. I would keep SOUND OPTIMIZER set at NORMAL, and CLEAR VOICE set to ON.
Abea likes this.
post #996 of 1011 Old 03-21-2014, 07:27 AM

Thanks, I will try that tonight.

post #997 of 1011 Old 03-23-2014, 06:11 AM

Thank You Rudy!!

Most of the settings on my TV was about the same as you had suggested. I believe the only change was in clear voice and volume control. I set clear voice to on, level 3, and now the sound from a DVD is the same as regular TV.

Again thanks so much!

Abe

post #998 of 1011 Old 03-27-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadePervert View Post

I had my mainboard replaced in Feb on my LS5700 because I was experiencing the same thing. Worked for a few weeks but admittedly I wasn't doing a tonne of streaming through it. Over the weekend it started forgetting the Wifi again, locking up, and dropping my streaming. I called the techs who fixed my TV and they said I had to call LG back again since their ticket was closed. Then about 30 minutes later one of the techs from the shop called me back because he over heard my conversation.

Seems there is a problem with the LS5700's that he confirmed with his contact at LG, and it is software based, whatever is in the new OS that we have seems to be causing these issues. They are working on a fix but I don't have an ETA.

What is odd is that I've got the same TV as you in my basement and I'm not experiencing any streaming issues, but I'll have to double check what OS is on there.

I think I figured out the problem with the WiFi on my 55"LM6200. LG support asked me to change security settings on my router. Once I did that nothing would stay connected. Hooked up an old backup router and all connections were stable. Replaced my router and now everything including the TV has been working great for about a week. Funny how the TV was the only thing affected by the faulty router until I changed security settings. Seems like it is fixed for now though.
post #999 of 1011 Old 04-23-2014, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azim Erebus View Post

No problem xxRAZRxx. I do see an improvement when playing 3D Blu rays, Steve S. I would have to say they appear to have more depth (into the window), and clearer, with ever so slightly more pop; probably due to clarity. The into the window depth and clarity, is just above nuanced, but no more. I would also like to note, many people might not be able to see these differences, as they are within (arbitrarily) 5% difference from prior to the update. These differences were immediately noticeable to me, however. If I were to make a claim as to what LG did, it would be that they made their existing algorithms more precise, or on target.

TruMotion can be turned on/off, and adjusted. As for the setting, it really depends on the content, and even perhaps how close you are sitting to the screen (speaking to the artifacts, not soe). I find a setting of 2 is always acceptable. Some content is fine maxed out, such as Resident Evil Retribution, but How to Train you Dragon I never go above 2. Connecting to a PC, there can be a lot of balancing, you can set your drivers, player, and TV, to converge on the picture you like best. I find that the edge enhancer setting, can sometimes help with these artifacts. A lot of people recommend turning off all processing features, but on a PC, you can add post processing features, such as deinterlacing, output codecs, color, sharpness, etc, from the PC end. I personally find it best to sometimes set programs or the TV, higher than normal viewing settings, and use the other to compensate. TV sharpness 0, program sharpness Medium, TV edge enhance High, for example. It's all very content based, and sometimes I feel as if I have to stand on my head to reconfigure settings between movies. (first world problems)

-These are my 3D movie settings, on Bluray input- (for desktop on PC input, brightness 18, no sharpness, the rested is grayed out, off, else the same.) There are also graphics card driver settings, essentially I set them to slightly lower brightness, slightly vibrant, little extra contrast, little less gamma, 6800k. I feel there might be room for improvement, but I'm content at the moment. I would also like to note, that I also have a VGA cable connected; it can be nice for old, or very low quality content.

Picture Mode: Isf Expert 1
Backlight: 80
Contrast 97
Brightness: 32
Sharpness H&V: 0-25 content, preference, and distance, 8 on crisp content, 20 on dull.
Color: 63
Tint: G6
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Content based, mostly off
Color Gamut: Standard
Edge Enhancer: Off or High, content based
Gama: 2.2
Color Temp: Cool
Method: 2points
Pattern: Outer
Red:2
Green: -1
Blue: 2
-Color Management System-
S T L
Yellow -2 -1 0
Red 1 5 2
Green 3 6 0
Blue -10 -8 2
Cyan 3 8 1
Magenta -3 0 0
----
Noise Reduction: High or off, content based
MPEG noise reduction: High or off, content based
Black Level: Low
TruMotion: Content/preference
Hi what are your 2D settings?
post #1000 of 1011 Old 05-15-2014, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Has anybody figured out the code to enable all the grey-out options in the ez-menu?
post #1001 of 1011 Old 05-15-2014, 09:42 PM

Hi All,

I am planning to setup a NAS to store all my HD mkv movies and play it directly from my 65LM6200 without transcoding the source. Which NAS product is compatible with the LG TV?

Thanks
post #1002 of 1011 Old 05-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by siewsphone View Post

Hi All,

I am planning to setup a NAS to store all my HD mkv movies and play it directly from my 65LM6200 without transcoding the source. Which NAS product is compatible with the LG TV?

Thanks
Plex on your PC, then access via MediaLink app on the 65LM6200. No transcoding needed.
post #1003 of 1011 Old 05-29-2014, 02:58 PM

Hi guys! I was hoping someone could help me out. This television worked great since I bought in '12 until I unplugged it 2 days ago because a huge storm was coming and I wanted to protect it from a surge. I've had a TV completely fail because of a surge in the past and didn't want to go through that again. When I plugged it back it failed to pick up any digital stations. I called tech support and they said there was nothing they could do. They said they could send a technician out for about $100 and that was just to do a diagnostic. Obviously, I've tried Settings>Auto Tuning but it doesn't pick up my free over the air digital channels anymore. Does anyone have any advice? I tried restoring the factory settings but that fails to remove the new firmware. It only removes the individuals settings which is stupid. Before I did this though, I went to one of my previously working stations and it said signal strength was 100% but that the station was "scrambled." Any ideas would be most welcome. 

Thanks,

post #1004 of 1011 Old 06-09-2014, 04:52 PM

Hi guys, I still haven't gotten any responses but having same issue. Also, I can't seem to connect to my network so I can stream movies anymore...anything???

post #1005 of 1011 Old 06-09-2014, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Since OTA broadcasts in this country are never scrambled, I'm assuming you meant "cable" channels. If that is indeed the case, I would suggest you contact your cable TV provider to see if the digital channels are still available in the clear. Comcast has scrambled all channels in this area, requiring the use of a cable tuner or DVR, and it's possible your provider may have done the same. However, if you were actually talking about OTA channels, remove the antenna lead from the TV and perform a full channel scan. Then reconnect the antenna, scan again, and your channels should be restored.

There is a full factory hard reset that can be executed through the EZ Setup Menu, but you need a special remote for that (do a search within this thread and you'll find the details). Unfortunately, there is no way to roll back the current firmware even through this menu. As for your network, if you're connecting via WiFi you need to go through the setup process again, restarting your router first. A wired connection should "reset" just by unplugging the Ethernet cable for about a minute then plugging it back in and re-doing the setup.

Lastly, you should consider buying a heavy duty surge suppressor and connecting just the TV to it. The warranty on most of the better units should more than cover the replacement cost of the set if something should happen.
post #1006 of 1011 Old 06-12-2014, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Econik, more information. What are you talking about in terms of wanting to go back to a prior firmware? Your post starts of as, I unplugged and then nothing worked. What does your unexplained desire to go backwards in firmware updates have to do with that storm / unplug narrative? Also, was your TV connected to anything via any other hardwire during the storm, whether it was ethernet or cable or OTA antenna or anything else? And what about the storm, were there electrical disturbances of any kind? Something about your problem sounds like a setting problem to me, and not a device failure.

Last edited by mogrub; 06-12-2014 at 09:26 PM.
post #1007 of 1011 Old 06-12-2014, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 95
And for sure, Rudy's questions and ideas are helpful, start there.
post #1008 of 1011 Old 06-17-2014, 01:28 PM

Liked: 15
Lg 55lm6200

Hi there,

Very sorry you are having trouble with the wireless connection in your LG Product. We suggest calling in to our Customer Service if you need further support on this issue. They can be reached at 1-800-243-0000. ^CL
post #1009 of 1011 Old 06-17-2014, 10:24 PM

which do you guys think are the best 2d and 3d settings?
post #1010 of 1011 Old 07-09-2014, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonheart View Post
which do you guys think are the best 2d and 3d settings?
My 2D movie settings are the same as 3D, maybe a few adjustments based off content. Such as brightness or sharpness. Don't forget, the room you are in, and what you have connected are important. I recommend using calibration software for the best results.
post #1011 of 1011 Old 07-26-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azim Erebus View Post
My 2D movie settings are the same as 3D, maybe a few adjustments based off content. Such as brightness or sharpness. Don't forget, the room you are in, and what you have connected are important. I recommend usinmg calibration software for the best results.
I mainly watch in a dim room and have connected a motorola cable box, ps3 and a HT, i don't have a calibration soft. which changes in your 3d do you change for 2d? also people always say to turn off all pic enhancements?
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lg 65lm6200 65 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page