Vizio 55" 3D(costco) help with settings - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-01-2012, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I got the Vizio M3550sr from costco last night and have some questions.

Any pic settings I can use to optimize the viewing experience.

I am using Verizon Fios, under the fios stb setting I have set it up as 3d tv.

I was trying to watch startz 3d last night and I had to change the fios settings to 720p to be able to watch 3d. Should I use SBS or 3D sensio.

Can I convert regular 2D to 3D? What is Sensio 3D.

Help me get the best out of my 3d TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-01-2012, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post

I got the Vizio M3550sr from costco last night and have some questions.

Any pic settings I can use to optimize the viewing experience.

I am using Verizon Fios, under the fios stb setting I have set it up as 3d tv.

I was trying to watch startz 3d last night and I had to change the fios settings to 720p to be able to watch 3d. Should I use SBS or 3D sensio.

Can I convert regular 2D to 3D? What is Sensio 3D.

Help me get the best out of my 3d TV.

Starz broadcast in 720p that why you have to change.

Sensio is a file format that Vizio has signed up to support it uses a checkerboard compression technology proprietary file system and they are planning on launching a streaming service in the future.

I cannot convert 2d to 3d on my 47" and do not believe Vizio supports conversion through the set.

If you paid more than $1499.99 I suggest you return this set and get the more full featured 55" set from LG. This set is great if you got a bargain but if you paid full retail get an LG.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-02-2012, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

wonka@ thanks for your response. i did not pay the full price however its was only $150 less than what you mentioned as full price. So not a great bargain price.

According to some settings I have my backlight at 80 this is fine during the day however at night it sis completely unwatchable as the black areas are just patches of white light. I don't know how else to describe it.

Which LG model is comparable in price and is under $1500 for 55" with 3D.

I checked costco and they don't have the LG's. Did costco ever sell LG 3D Tv's Samsung are active 3D and i don't think I want active.

if you know anyplace where a good deal is going on for the LG please let me know.
post #4 of 8 Old 04-02-2012, 07:33 PM

If you can take it back and use the money to get this set. It was $1500 last week when my buddy bought it but looks to have went up $100. This set blows the Vizio out of the water mainly because it has a lot more features and slightly better image quality. 2d-3d conversion for any content and while it isn't amazing as a 3d blu ray, it actually was very fun to see. If I didn't get such a great deal on my Vizio I would have gotten LG.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004OO...3420097&sr=8-1

I have rolling shutters in my house and can make it dark in my house whenever I want, doesnt the ambient light sensor just adjust it for you automatically. Either way, you won't have any issues with the LG. I understand the 55 inch version of this Vizio set has quite a bit of issues that my 47 version was not subject to that is why I had my buddy steer clear of the Vizio at this size. If your room isnt that big, I could recommend the 47 inch version of this set because on that size the regular price is $829 a $500 savings over what you say you paid Costco for the 55 inch version, that equates to roughly $75 an inch. Well im just rambling now, make sure you check the thread for this Vizio should you decide to keep it, it is what formed my opinion to begin with.

Either way enjoy and make sure you log on to Vudu and get the credit even if you take it back ;-)
post #5 of 8 Old 04-03-2012, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

what credit? can u be more specific.

"while it isn't amazing as a 3d blu ray, it actually was very fun to see."

Are you talking about the LG and not that amazing when playing 3D bluray. If it does not play bluray 3d then the regular tv 3d would be even more bad.

"ambient light sensor just adjust it for you automatically"
Could you provide me details as to how to do this do i need to turn it on or in some settings.

I don't want to exchange this set and get an LG and find out it was only marginally better. I want it to be far superior in regular HD, 2d and 3d. I am in no hurry to buy so i can wait.

LG Infinia 55LW5600 is this last year 2011 model?
post #6 of 8 Old 04-03-2012, 06:10 AM

No I meant that the 2d-3d conversion isnt bad. I was saying that while conversion isnt as good as a blu ray it is still pretty good considering.

The LG isn't just marginally better, it is quite a bit better overall. But yes, it did release in June 2011.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-03-2012, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

You have been of great help, actually the only one who has been patient enough to answer my questions and educating me.

I will return the vizio and wait until a good deal on the LG 55" comes out. i even a saw a LG 65" at tigerdirect, but it is over $2K if the price drops that might be a contender, however i don't remember the model number or the year.

any ideas?
post #8 of 8 Old 04-03-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post

You have been of great help, actually the only one who has been patient enough to answer my questions and educating me.

I will return the vizio and wait until a good deal on the LG 55" comes out. i even a saw a LG 65" at tigerdirect, but it is over $2K if the price drops that might be a contender, however i don't remember the model number or the year.

any ideas?

I believe it is now the 7600 series rather than the 5600 series.
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page