Maximum seating distance for Panasonic PT-AE7000 3D projector? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-12-2012, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I currently have a Sanyo 720p projector and I'm thinking of buying the Panasonic PT-AE7000 1080p 3D projector. I sit about 13 1/2 feet from the wall and the Sanyo projects an image that is about 8 1/2 feet wide and 58 inches high. That's 1.6 the screen width which is fine. If I buy the Panasonic and for 2.35:1 it would be 11 ft 4 inches wide and 58 inches high, that would be about 1.2 screen width. Would that be too close for 3D?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-28-2012, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
My theater room is 25 feet deep, but even so I still have it setup with the front row seating at 9 feet from screen to eyeballs, using a 120" screen... that's basically a 1:1 seating distance, and everyone who comes to my theater enjoys it just fine at that distance. I never had anyone say they felt like they were sitting too close to the screen.

I calculated the relevent screen size for my seating is basically equivalent to sitting in the very back row of an avearge-sized, 15-row IMAX theater. So where do you like to sit when you go to an IMAX 3D movie? I like it best a little more than half way back, about 6 rows down from the top of the theater. When watching 3D in my own theater, I actually feel like I should move up a couple feet closer, so the image appears just like I would be viewing it in the middle of the IMAX theater...!

FEEL an awesome 3D Blu-ray movie in the Frey Theater - Now with projection in glorious "FREYMAX" 3D!

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector , Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae7000u
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page