Does a DLP-Link 3d projector need high contrast? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If most DLP-Link glasses only have a 1000:1 contrast ratio, do I need much more than that for 3d? I am looking for a cheapie 3d pj (H5360, W700, etc.) to tide me over until the good stuff is both cheaper and better. The wife is still happy with the ol' Epson 8100 so a big purchase won't fly. I want to stick with DLP-Link for now because I can sell it to her better since I already have DLP-Link glasses that we use with my Mitsubishi 65C9.

If my theory is right, I'll go with the Acer due to the faster wheel... if not I'll risk the rbe for more contrast and lamp life with the BenQ. I am already experimenting with the Monoprice 3D Creator, which is supposed to convert sbs to fs so that issue should be covered. (BTW I tried anaglyph with it through my pj the other night... my head still hurts!)

Thanks guys!

My searching skills here, and on the internet at large, seem inadequate these days... so go easy on my if there is a thread about this already. The "similar threads" feature didn't point one out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 01:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I use DLP link with a GT700, very low end with excellent results. But I don't use it for 2D. My 1080p panny blows it away on 2D.