LG TRUMOTION MISSING - Specific to 42LM, 47LM & 55LM series (excludes LM7600 and newer) - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@TSCHAEF

Can you give us any idea of what your Trumotion settings are? , have you just left them at the default "Smooth" setting?

Thanks in advance

Teddy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 01:28 PM

There definitely is a difference when you turn it on and off.i did notice it was set to smooth after the update .
Old 06-28-2012, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arck View Post

Can anyone confirm if this update is out in Canada or not? Also, how does the TruMotion look on the older sets? I am looking to take back the Panasonic and get this set again.

Yes, this is the update to make all North American sets up to date. The issue has been resolved biggrin.gif
Old 06-28-2012, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSCHAEF View Post

From the little time that I was able to play with the settings, Trumotion does serve as a significant enhancer. I was able to notice a big improvement while watching sportscenter last night. Glad it only took LG about 2 months to get their **** together.
Thank you again to everyone that helped by consistently complaining to LG. biggrin.gif

100% agree with you. I see a big improvement in all areas… TV shows, Movies and Games look a lot better than they did before. I have had TruMotion and the like for years, so going back to a non TruMotion set was tiring on my eyes – not my imagination. My preference is USER: @ 3. I find this most pleasing to me and a good balance between smoothness and almost undetectable artifacts – That said, artifacts will exist at any setting to a degree, but heavily depends on the source information. We’ve all heard the saying “garbage in, garbage out”. This is accentuated with a frame doubling software algorithm. If your source looks really bad, it’s going to look significantly worse with TruMotion turned on. Fortunately, most programing and videos are high bitrate at a minimum resolution of 1280x720 which looks great. Watch your favorite Pixar Blu-Ray in 1080p with TruMotion turned on, and then toggle. You’ll instantly see a major difference. It is an absolutely fantastic feature for high bitrate animation and video games, as well as HDTV.

Additionally, I received a follow-up from LG Canada today. I truly believe the point of failure is the factory and their unwillingness to provide accurate information. The Facebook Moderator and HE Manager have both been very sincere and apologetic throughout this issue/debate. I believe they did the best they could with the tools available to them. All things considered, I appreciate their effort very much.

Thanks everyone for your contributions! This was my first original thread post, and it seems to have been fairly successful in 2 major areas: Spreading of important information and taking action as a group to achieve a solution for a problem. Heavily delayed, albeit a solution none the less.

Cheers all you happy LM6200 owners! I’m one happy camper, and I hope you are too!
jfoneill and gjpwiz like this.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brecklington View Post

100% agree with you. I see a big improvement in all areas… TV shows, Movies and Games look a lot better than they did before. I have had TruMotion and the like for years, so going back to a non TruMotion set was tiring on my eyes – not my imagination. My preference is USER: @ 3. I find this most pleasing to me and a good balance between smoothness and almost undetectable artifacts – That said, artifacts will exist at any setting to a degree, but heavily depends on the source information. We’ve all heard the saying “garbage in, garbage out”. This is accentuated with a frame doubling software algorithm. If your source looks really bad, it’s going to look significantly worse with TruMotion turned on. Fortunately, most programing and videos are high bitrate at a minimum resolution of 1280x720 which looks great. Watch your favorite Pixar Blu-Ray in 1080p with TruMotion turned on, and then toggle. You’ll instantly see a major difference. It is an absolutely fantastic feature for high bitrate animation and video games, as well as HDTV.
Additionally, I received a follow-up from LG Canada today. I truly believe the point of failure is the factory and their unwillingness to provide accurate information. The Facebook Moderator and HE Manager have both been very sincere and apologetic throughout this issue/debate. I believe they did the best they could with the tools available to them. All things considered, I appreciate their effort very much.
Thanks everyone for your contributions! This was my first original thread post, and it seems to have been fairly successful in 2 major areas: Spreading of important information and taking action as a group to achieve a solution for a problem. Heavily delayed, albeit a solution none the less.
Cheers all you happy LM6200 owners! I’m one happy camper, and I hope you are too!

Greatly appreciated all of your hard work!

Just got done watching Wilfred and I have to say that I am completely satisfied with the set. Though the picture looked great and having trumotion on have helped tremendously. Right now I have my trumotion set to "User" set at "4"...it would be very interesting to see what people have played around with on trumotion and to see what their video settings are!

Thanks again everyone!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:30 PM

I have calibrated my set and have set myTrumotion to custom, and maxed it out. i love the live look, the soap opera look,so to speak. it looks fantastic especially when playing Battlefield 3 on the PS3!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:48 AM

Thanks for the heads up Brecklington!

Any thoughts on taking the Panasonic Viera TCL55ET5 and getting a LG 55LM6200 again? I liked the LM6200 but the TruMotion thing frustrated me. I really enjoyed the LM6200 and I am pretty sure I want to get it back. The only thing that concerns me a little about the LM6200 now is the build quality. The first LM6200 I got had speaker issues. Both sets are passive 3D and have 120Hz refresh rate. The picture in the Panasonic seems like it lags at times, something that I didn't notice in the LG (maybe because there was no TruMotion). The LM6200 also has a swivel stand, which I like, as opposed to the Panasonic which doesn't. I stream a lot of content from my PC and both support a large amount of formats, so that is pretty much dead even. Any thoughts?
Old 06-29-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:

Where at on the LG website are the firmware downloads? I really liked this set, and after taking my second TV back they offered to exchange it out for a Panasonic Viera TCL55ET5. I took the exchange but I am undecided whether or not I like the set. If there is a download that does enable TruMotion on the website I may take the Panasonic back. Any thoughts?
Edit: Just checked the LG Canada website and no updates. The LG.com website has an update from April. Still looking for thoughts on whether or not I should keep the Panasonic or take it back.

Hello Arck,

I wonder if I could get some more details from you. Can you elaborate a little more about picture quality and black levels the Panasonic ET5? I was considering returning my LG LM6200 and going for the ET5 because it seemed to me that the blacks were better on it with less loss of detail on the shadows and better natural colours. The Panasonic also supports 24p Cinema Smooth Playback which looks like it might be better for movies.

I noticed another thread where someone posted their opionion of the Panasonic ET5. I wonder if you would agree.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1387706/official-panasonic-2012-lcd-lineup-and-information-thread/180#post_22171360

c0bra
Old 06-29-2012, 12:00 PM

Hi c0bra,

I would tend to agree with that review. Although, I do not notice the same issues they posted about the backlight uniformity. I think there is going to be some backlight uniformity issues when dealing with an Edge-lit set regardless, but I do not think my set shows it as bad as he described. My main issue with the set is the lack of customization for the motion enhancer. My girlfriend and I notice some judder while watching specific HD channels. I haven't found any menu options to fix that thus far. As far as gaming goes, I haven't been able to do much on it in the week I've had it, but after a few hours of Skyrim I haven't noticed any performance issues like that review stated.

If there is an option to adjust the motion enhancer I would keep it for sure (that and I am tired of taking 55inch TV's back and fourth to the store). The format selection for DLNA is pretty similar for both TV's. Although, I do notice that the Panny makes some videos look like crap over DLNA (haven't had the chance to test these videos with the LG). Truthfully, I am still undecided. I just remember liking the LG a lot when I first got it but then had problems with the speakers. Then after that issue was solved with a new TV, I discovered that there wasn't TruMotion (until now). I'm on the fence.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up Brecklington!
Any thoughts on taking the Panasonic Viera TCL55ET5 and getting a LG 55LM6200 again? I liked the LM6200 but the TruMotion thing frustrated me. I really enjoyed the LM6200 and I am pretty sure I want to get it back. The only thing that concerns me a little about the LM6200 now is the build quality. The first LM6200 I got had speaker issues. Both sets are passive 3D and have 120Hz refresh rate. The picture in the Panasonic seems like it lags at times, something that I didn't notice in the LG (maybe because there was no TruMotion). The LM6200 also has a swivel stand, which I like, as opposed to the Panasonic which doesn't. I stream a lot of content from my PC and both support a large amount of formats, so that is pretty much dead even. Any thoughts?

Sorry my friend, I don't have any experience with the Panasonic offerings. I don't have anything productive or fact based to add to your questions when it comes to Panasonic's features or build quality. I can say however, I've had no issues with the hardware quality of the LM6200, and in my experience with Sharp and Sony - I felt LG offered a more solid feeling and refined chassis. Minimalist for sure, but the full metal back plate, and relatively thin and non-creaky frame fit the bill for me and my taste.

In my experience, this set is fantastic when it comes to uniformity, very little if any flashlighting, and I find the streaming capability and file type flexibility to be excellent. I have a media server and share by simply selecting the input on my iPhone and picking my Windows 7 shared content icon. Works like a charm every time. Matched up with my Harmony remote, I have not a single complaint.

My TV is wall mounted, so a stand never mattered to me. As far as "lag" goes. I've noticed that with all the processing turned on, it will have a lag, but at the same time it offers an image quality I don't like. I pretty much have every dynamic this or that turned off, TruMotion set to user:3 and I'm good to go. I would post the rest of my settings but I'm still changing it around frequently and have not found a setting I'm totally firm on yet. Nothing to do with the TV, just my obsessive tweaking nature smile.gif.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:55 PM

Liked: 11
So something I don't get.... I got the 6700 a couple of weeks ago (Feb Build) with the old firmware... which I assume meant TruMotion was NOT enabled at all....

After installing this new firmware, there is def. TruMotion happening, which IMO I don't like at all...but for some reason, even if I set it OFF or User setting to 0 I still see it is on and doing the Soap Opera effect to the picture, which never was there before...

This can't be normal right? Because seriously, it is making TV/movies look horrible to me (again my opinion) and even if I did like it...why won't it come OFF?

Any help would be great guys!
Old 06-30-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post

So something I don't get.... I got the 6700 a couple of weeks ago (Feb Build) with the old firmware... which I assume meant TruMotion was NOT enabled at all....
After installing this new firmware, there is def. TruMotion happening, which IMO I don't like at all...but for some reason, even if I set it OFF or User setting to 0 I still see it is on and doing the Soap Opera effect to the picture, which never was there before...
This can't be normal right? Because seriously, it is making TV/movies look horrible to me (again my opinion) and even if I did like it...why won't it come OFF?
Did you try restoring the initial settings? Sometimes after firmware upgrades it makes sense to do this so you're sure all parameters are set to values known by the current firmware.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr View Post

Did you try restoring the initial settings? Sometimes after firmware upgrades it makes sense to do this so you're sure all parameters are set to values known by the current firmware.

A follow up...

After actually watching HDTV on the set... I think TruMotion is working fine that way...but going back to Vudu on the LG's VOD it seems the set automatically is adding TruMotion at what seems like a Level 10

Try this guys...go to Vudu & select the free 10 min preview of Wrath of the Titans and see if it is happening with you all too....

Thanks again!
Old 07-01-2012, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post

I see the same thing on mine... I think I get it though. It seems that content being viewed through "smart tv" features receives an automatic TruMotion - 10 setting. I can clearly see the difference from Off to 1 when I am watching content from an external source ie: IPTV box or PS3, however, when I stream a movie from my media server using the explorer feature built into the set, no adjustment makes a difference. Off is the same as 10. I believe this is an issue with the current software.

I know there is another release of the firmware scheduled for next month, hence the delay on sending out the update for current firmware. LG was going to skip updating the sets with the Feb build until all this pressure was put on them to release it. The next version addresses bugs, 3D issues, updates the app store and adds various additional apps to the set. This information was provided to me during my last conversation with the HE Manager I've been working with to address the original issue of "TruMotion Missing".

Don't lose any sleep over it. It's a pretty obvious flaw with the programming which they MUST be aware of and I have to assume it's corrected in the next release due in a week or two.

Can anyone else confirm this only occurs when viewing content within the smart-ness of the set and not applicable when using external sources?

Cheers.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:41 PM

Old 07-02-2012, 07:25 AM

What's the firmware update version for this? I received the TV from Amazon 4 days ago and while I see TruMotion listed in my options it's greyed out and I can't turn it on or off. My firmware version is 03.21.40. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 07-02-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenf826 View Post

What's the firmware update version for this? I received the TV from Amazon 4 days ago and while I see TruMotion listed in my options it's greyed out and I can't turn it on or off. My firmware version is 03.21.40. Am I doing something wrong?
According to http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-47LM6700 the latest version is 3.21.40.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:50 AM

Yeah I saw that. But the TruMotion is still greyed out and I cant turn it on or off or whatever other options it has. Is there something I may be missing here to enable it?
Old 07-02-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:

Yeah I saw that. But the TruMotion is still greyed out and I cant turn it on or off or whatever other options it has. Is there something I may be missing here to enable it?

It's greyed out because of the picture mode you have selected. Set it to Expert1 and go see if it is still greyed out.

After the firmware update I can honestly say that I am pleased with this set. Watching soccer the other day was an absolute pleasure; especially with being able to enable trumotion. I can actually see the soccer ball spin instead of just seeing a blur. Right now I have my trumotion on "User" and have it set to "4" Have found it to be the most appealing.

Great set and I would gladly recommend it to anyone! :biggrin.gif
Old 07-04-2012, 12:43 PM

Hey c0bra,

Just to update you on the ET5 situation, I returned it for the LM6200 again (made in April 2012 no less) and downloaded the TruMotion update. In my opinion, comparing both TV's, I much prefer the LG LM6200. I prefer the DLNA on the LG and I believe that the picture of the LG is equal or slightly better then the ET5. I also find that the LG has more customization options then the Panny, which I do enjoy playing with. The LG is also nicer to look at compared to the Panny, and I find that the viewing angle, while both are large, was slightly better in the LG. I also found that there was a little bit of lag with the Panny, even with enhancing options turned off. All in all, I am glad I exchanged the Panny for the LG.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:04 AM

That did the trick. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:

Hey c0bra,
Just to update you on the ET5 situation, I returned it for the LM6200 again (made in April 2012 no less) and downloaded the TruMotion update. In my opinion, comparing both TV's, I much prefer the LG LM6200. I prefer the DLNA on the LG and I believe that the picture of the LG is equal or slightly better then the ET5. I also find that the LG has more customization options then the Panny, which I do enjoy playing with. The LG is also nicer to look at compared to the Panny, and I find that the viewing angle, while both are large, was slightly better in the LG. I also found that there was a little bit of lag with the Panny, even with enhancing options turned off. All in all, I am glad I exchanged the Panny for the LG.

Excellent Arck, Thanks very much for the update and for sharing your updated opinions, I appreciate it.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

You can also use the standard mode and it works with that one as well. Just passing that along because me personally i dont like all the xtra options u have to or can adj in the advanced picture section. The picture adjustments in standard are perfect, all the right options are available to get the picture just right. It took me a while with this tv to get the pic right. I really hated this tv when i first got it, the tv this one replaced was a 55lw6500 and to me it still is superior and if i could i prob would swap it back, but after much adjusting i got the pic real close if not as good as the lw6500 and i now can say i truly do like this tv, PQ that is...
Old 07-05-2012, 11:26 AM

We have one more thing to complain about guys we are not done yet. The trumotion is great and all but only half of it came. Trumotion cannot work properly without dejudder. I hear that they are working on sending another update that will enable dejudder, LG just sent what they had to shut us up. Trust me when or IF we get dejudder you will see a big differance. Thats why ppl are having issues or sayn they dont like the trumotion, its because we only got half of it. Only if we could get dejudder, an update to get the picture just a little brighter, and be able to access the THX modes in the service menu then it would be perfect, it will then become the superior tv i exspected it to be better than all the rest. I wish they would have left the sevice menu like on last years model accessable, im interested to see how the THX mode fairs on this model.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sje3156 View Post

We have one more thing to complain about guys we are not done yet. The trumotion is great and all but only half of it came. Trumotion cannot work properly without dejudder. I hear that they are working on sending another update that will enable dejudder, LG just sent what they had to shut us up. Trust me when or IF we get dejudder you will see a big differance. Thats why ppl are having issues or sayn they dont like the trumotion, its because we only got half of it. Only if we could get dejudder, an update to get the picture just a little brighter, and be able to access the THX modes in the service menu then it would be perfect, it will then become the superior tv i exspected it to be better than all the rest. I wish they would have left the sevice menu like on last years model accessable, im interested to see how the THX mode fairs on this model.

This update does have the dejudder setting. Set it to "User" and then it should allow you to change the levels. I think this is what you were referring to.

THX is definitely coming to this tv?
Old 07-05-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:

THX menu? Interesting...
Old 07-06-2012, 12:30 AM

is this update available in india??(55LM6700)
Old 07-06-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajinu Sen View Post

is this update available in india??(55LM6700)

Check the LG site and see what the current firmware update release is and check to see if it matches with the current firmware on your set.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:

Oops!!! I ment de-blurr. There is supposed to be de-judder and de-blurr. LG reps said that it will be on the next firmware update. They did not include it on this one because it did not meet standards. De-blurr will make a diff. we just have to wait now for God knows how long b4 we get it. Its supposed to make some improvements to 3-D as well as some other PQ improvements and smart features. And we wait...........
Old 07-13-2012, 05:43 AM

Hi

New to threads. I am from South Africa, previously bought the 42LM5800 and no TruMotioni option. Spoke to reps and everyone points me to the settings page and no option for me to set. Do you knwo if the American firmware will work for my set as well? I do not see why not but i don't want to break the set by installing the wrong firmware?

Thanks in advanced this forum helped alot.

Tags
Lg 42lm6200 42 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv And Six Pairs Of 3d Glasses , 3d Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv